Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14603 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
23. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jul 18, 2015, 00:52 Jerykk

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 23:28:
Wasn't all this shown a few weeks back?

No, this video has some new footage.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
16. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jul 17, 2015, 23:22 Jerykk

Basically confirms that skills have been replaced with perks, ala Skyrim. That, coupled with the 4-option dialogue wheel and voiced protagonist, probably means that skill checks are a thing of the past. Disappointing but probably not that great of a loss considering how awful they were in FO3. Really wish Obsidian was making this instead of Bethesda.  

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Developer Dropped
13. Re: Dead Island 2 Developer Dropped Jul 15, 2015, 01:58 Jerykk

ItBurn wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 00:13:
From what I saw of Dead Island 2, this is good news. I don't really see room for Dead Island 2 now that we have Dying Light though...

Pretty sure they're still going to make DI2. They've milked the franchise plenty already and have no reason to stop. They're just going to give the project to another dev.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Next Month
12. Re: Satellite Reign Next Month Jul 13, 2015, 03:07 Jerykk

Squirmer wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 22:29:
Early access allows games to get made that would otherwise not be made. You take the bad with the good, and do some research before you buy something.

Mount and Blade was sold as a 'beta' for about 4 years before its retail release, and that worked out well.

This. There are many benefits to early access, for both developers and consumers. Developers get a revenue stream during development and lots of feedback and playtesting and consumers get a more polished final product. There are plenty of early access games that have turned out well. As with all purchases, it's up to the consumer to do research and make sure they know what they're paying for.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch Notes
5. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch Notes Jul 12, 2015, 01:59 Jerykk

Apparently they're holding back the PC patch so they can launch it at the same time as the console patches. Pretty stupid, really.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed
11. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed Jul 12, 2015, 01:58 Jerykk

Quinn wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 21:37:
Linksil wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 20:50:
Sooo basically for those of us playing the PC version and have NO problems your delaying the promised content. This is fine if you hadn't insisted on taking all the money up front of said content. This is saying that you really don't care at all about the PC players and are willing to shaft us even more. If you really cared and wanted to make amends you would do something like just refund us the Season pass and still give us full access.

I've been loving the game... have no issues with it... but having finished it and not wanting to cut my wrists on riddler trophys to get the proper ending there's no reason for me to keep this game around on my HD.

Lets make one thing absolutely clear: You most probably do not have a better rig than mine and you do have the same stutters I was having, but you are simply less susceptible to it. Krovven posted with the same bravado as you and even uploaded a video to proof his game did not have performance issues, which it obviously had to me a person who is EXTREMELY susceptible to fps drops and stutters.

So, with that in mind... GFY.

Performance and stability are highly variable. After a few ini tweaks, I had minimal stuttering and the framerate was pretty consistently 60 FPS. I think I crashed twice in my ~50 hour, 100% completion playthrough. Texture streaming was almost never an issue either.

Not saying that the port was well done but not everyone is suffering the same severity of issues.

News Comments > CONSORTIUM: The Tower Prophecy Trailer
8. Re: CONSORTIUM: The Tower Prophecy Trailer Jul 6, 2015, 22:59 Jerykk

Looking forward to this. Looks to be more like DX than the previous game (which was more like an adventure game).  

News Comments > Batman Console DLC This Month
18. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 4, 2015, 06:37 Jerykk

jdreyer wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 04:52:
Squirmer wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 01:25:
Rattlehead wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 20:44:
Bullshit, they've said on Twitter that there would be no DLC worked on until the PC version is fixed, and guess what? DLC released. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Actually said this on Twitter a week ago:

To clarify: PC is top priority for engine team but there'll still be updates for consoles too. Not all issues are fixed by same people.
https://twitter.com/Seftonhill/status/614555527830466562

Regardless of who is working on what and when, that's not how publicity works. Nobody cares that Studio X is fixing the PC bugs while Studio Y is making the DLC. All people see is that B:AK PC was such shit at release that it was pulled from shelves. To then announce the DLC for any version while the situation with the PC is still in the red is perhaps the best way to infuriate your customers.

Except the majority of customers own the console versions which don't have any of the PC problems. This DLC was announced before the game's released and WB planned to release it shortly after launch in order to discourage trade-ins and keep the game in the headlines.

I, like everyone else, agree that WB fucked up the PC release and that they should fix it ASAP. However, from a financial standpoint, it doesn't make any sense for them to withhold DLC on every platform when customers on two platforms are happy with the game and are looking forward to the DLC. People enjoying Arkham Knight on PS4 and XBOne don't really care that the PC version is broken, just like PC gamers didn't really care that the PS3 version of Skyrim was broken.

14. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 3, 2015, 21:19 Jerykk

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 20:44:
Squirmer wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 19:02:
If you really think fixing the PC version isn't a priority, you're being a petulant baby. They pulled the PC version from sale, so they're passing up money every day they don't have it fixed. Of course it's a priority.

Bullshit, they've said on Twitter that there would be no DLC worked on until the PC version is fixed, and guess what? DLC released. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Rocksteady isn't working on this DLC. WB Montreal is. WB Montreal very likely started working on the DLC before AK was released. Rocksteady is very likely working on fixing the PC issues right now.

6. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 3, 2015, 16:13 Jerykk

The people working on DLC are primarily artists, designers and gameplay programmers. The people working on patches are primarily engine programmers. There's minimal overlap so working on one doesn't necessarily detract from the other.  

News Comments > Dead or Alive 5: Last Round PC PvP Features Still Missing
5. Re: Dead or Alive 5: Last Round PC PvP Features Still Missing Jul 1, 2015, 23:08 Jerykk

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 10:56:
More proof that Japanese companies need to hire help for PC ports.

What I don't understand is: what do they develop games on if not PCs? Why is a PC version of a game so hard to make when it's literally the only place they can assemble the game in the first place? This is a distinctly Japanese issue (AK being a recent exception), and feels like they refuse to do anything other than stumble blindly through the process. They even have the balls to put a premium price on it.

They write the code and create the assets on PC but they design those things for consoles. The platform used to create said things is largely irrelevant.

News Comments > WB Games Montréal New IP Referenced
6. Re: WB Games Montréal New IP Referenced Jun 30, 2015, 12:27 Jerykk

WB Games Montreal != Rocksteady. Two entirely different studios. I'm pretty sure WB Games Montreal is working on a Suicide Squad game.  

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Chris Avellone Stretch Goal
8. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Chris Avellone Stretch Goal Jun 29, 2015, 23:27 Jerykk

Fion wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 15:14:
So he's leaving Torment: ToN early too? Damnit Chris!

What? He's already finished his work on ToN. He just wrote one of the companions.

News Comments > Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans
7. Re: Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans Jun 29, 2015, 03:02 Jerykk

SteamSpy says they've sold about 40k copies on Steam, which isn't great. That said, the cost of living in Poland is pretty cheap so maybe those numbers are good enough.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report
12. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 28, 2015, 16:54 Jerykk

Tech issues aside, I'm enjoying AK, though the side-mission design is probably the worst in the series. In many cases, you're essentially doing the exact same thing over and over. Not a lot of meaningful variety. The core gameplay is still fun, which helps compensate for that, but I wish they had put more effort into the side-missions ala Witcher 3.  

News Comments > Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized
20. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixed Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 12:23 Jerykk

Lord Tea wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 12:00:
nin wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 09:25:
"TOP men."

Heheh good one!

Here's what I would've done: tossed the crappy PC port in the trash can, refunded all PC gamers and spent all the time, effort and money that is now being pumped into the PC version for a quick fix (even by TOP men) on optimizing the console versions.

Thankfully you aren't in charge. The game itself is fun and I enjoy playing it, but I wouldn't buy a console to do so. If they can fix the performance issues and restore the missing visual effects, the port will be fine.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
3. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 25, 2015, 23:23 Jerykk

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 19:36:
You know the game stinks on ice whenever:

1. It's Blizzard's new IP, I mean come on.. BLIZZARD!
2. It's a new genre for them (FPS)
3. It has supposedly borrowed from the Titan game

and yet... nobody seems to care one damn bit about the game.

Good lord that looked boring and slow. Like they captured the unfun parts of a MOBA and made them first person.

Speak for yourself. I think the game looks great and the only Blizzard game I've cared about in years.

Also, not sure I understand your MOBA reference. Overwatch isn't a MOBA in any way. There are no towers or minions or jungle mobs or leveling or equipment and you aren't trying to destroy the enemy base. Overwatch has more in common with TF2 than any MOBA.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 25, 2015, 23:16 Jerykk

There was a multiplayer mod for the original Fallout (or was it FO2?). Dunno how many people actually played it.

Making a multiplayer Fallout would basically throw everything that makes FO good out the window. No reactivity, no meaningful choices, etc.

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
38. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 23:10 Jerykk

JediPunisher wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 22:57:
I've said many times, PC games are best played on a PC and console games on a console. I've been burned too many times with bug-ridden PC ports.
BTW, the XB1 version of Arkham Knight looks and plays great on my desktop PC monitor.

You can keep saying it but it's still going to be incorrect 99% of the time. I can make a very, very long list of multiplatform games that are better on PC. Off the top of my head: Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, The Evil Within, Wolfenstein: The New Order, RAGE, Dishonored, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Origins, all of the Bioshock games, all of the Borderlands games, all of the Mafia games, all of the Mass Effect games, all of the Dragon Age games, all of the CoD games, all of the BF games, all of the Witcher games, etc. The list of multiplats that are better on console? A much shorter list.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues
22. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues Jun 23, 2015, 12:29 Jerykk

Performance issues on Nvidia cards may be grossly overstated. Much like Watch_Dogs, there is stuttering while streaming the city in but this is only really noticeable while driving (because the Batmobile is so fast). When you're not driving, the game runs smoothly.

The initial 30 FPS cap is strange but I figure the devs simply forgot to unlock it in the ini file. I unlocked it and haven't run into any issues.

14603 Comments. 731 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo