Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14023 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
14. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 11, 2014, 01:06 Jerykk

Fantaz wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 23:56:
you can't really run from the alien in this game. it comes over and instant kills you the moment it sees your face.

i did notice in the preview build when someone was playing that the alien got stuck in a corner jittering a bit like in the A:CM video below, so many they need to tweak the A.I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J8SzBhjqaQ

ChaosEngine wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 23:52:
Icewind wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 22:38:
35GB. Wow. I guess the days of sub 20GB installs are gone. I easily meet the recommended requirements, but with a 250GB HD that only has 65GB left on a good day, I'm really going to have to invest in more storage.

I really hate to, but it's getting annoying having to uninstall 2-3 of my favorite games to make room for a new one that may or may not suck.

You can get a 1TB hard drive for about the same cost as the game these days!

it's all about SSDs nowadays. who installs games on traditional HDDs anymore? you get around 4x faster loading times on SSD.

4X the speed for 10X the price. SSDs are still too expensive to be good for storage. You can get a 1 TB HDD for $50. A 1 TB SSD will cost close to $500.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Death To Spies 3 Sep 9, 2014, 15:53 Jerykk

I'd love to see DTS3 get funded but I seriously doubt it's going to happen. I think they ended up with $100 after a 40-ish day Indiegogo campaign.

I feel like pure stealth games just don't sell anymore. Hitman, Splinter Cell, MGS, Dishonored... all allow you to completely ignore stealth and just shoot your way to victory. Making a hybrid action/stealth game seems to be the only viable route these days.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3 Sep 9, 2014, 02:12 Jerykk

Sorry to hear about your issues. I played all of the games you mentioned and didn't have issues (aside from Saints Row 2 which was an admittedly crappy port). FNV looked and ran great on my Nvidia card. Same with RAGE (aside from the inherent shittiness of id Tech 5). No problems with GRAW or Dead Space. GTA4 was poorly optimized but still looked and ran a lot better than the console versions. ATI cards in general tend to have more issues than Nvidia cards so it's better to stick with the green brand.

Now I'll list a bunch of other ports that were superior to the console versions:

DmC
DMC4
Dishonored
FO3
Oblivion
Skyrim
Max Payne 3
Sleeping Dogs
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Thief (2014)
Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning
The Last Remnant
RE5
RE6
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
RE: Revelations
Lost Planet
Lost Planet 2
Dark Void
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Dead Rising 3
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Tomb Raider Legend
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Underworld
Tomb Raider (2013)
Far Cry 2
Far Cry 3
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed 3
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag
GTA3
GTA:VC
GTA:SA
Alan Wake
Hitman: Blood Money
Hitman: Absolution
Singularity
Wolfenstein (2009)
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Prince of Persia (2008)
Mass Effect 1-3
Remember Me
Darksiders 1 & 2
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Red Faction: Armageddon
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Origins
Every Need For Speed game
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Crysis 2
Crysis 3
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 1 & 2
Bioshock 1 & 2
Bioshock Infinite

I could go on but I think I've gotten my point across. I played all of the games listed above on PC without issue and enjoyed significantly higher framerates and image quality, along with superior controls in games that benefit from precise aiming and hotkeys. The fact that your particular hardware configuration has issues with a small set of games doesn't mean that ports in general are inferior.

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3 Sep 8, 2014, 23:00 Jerykk

Well, if you watch the video, you'll see that the drops are only for a second or two.

Longer than that. The problem is that the frame drops occur while the player in the video is driving around, which means that the scene being rendered is constantly changing. So if the player plows through a street a zombies and then pulls into an empty alley, of course the frame drops will end.

Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that the Xbox version can't maintain a constant 30 FPS while the PC version can (on a decent rig).

Actually, I've played quite a few (most PC games nowadays are ports), and they all seem to have problems of some sort, such as driver issues, multiplayer issues, performance problems, microstutter, low FOV, poor controls, and bugs not in the console versions. When the bulk of the money is in console game sales, publishers simply refuse to spend the time and money to properly port and beta test a game for the niche PC market... I wish that wasn't true, I always took pride in being a PC gamer, but it's just the reality of the market right now.

I feel like your frame of reference is Steam forums, which is a poor frame of reference because that's where people complain the most. The people running games perfectly have no reason to post there.

Also... low FOV? Poor controls? When has a PC port ever had a lower FOV than its console equivalents? Never. Conversely, PC ports often have the ability to adjust the FOV. And controls? I assume you're talking about poorly implemented mouse & keyboard controls. It's true that some ports (or games in general) just don't play well with M/KB. Thankfully, most ports support gamepads as well, in which case you get the exact same controls as the console versions.

It's extremely rare for a PC port to look, run or control worse than the console versions. Not all ports are perfect and many don't offer everything that PC gamers would want but they are almost never inferior to the console versions. In fact, the last example I can think of was the original RE4 port which shipped with no lighting effects. The new RE4 HD port? Way better than the console versions.

You're using the same broken logic that many people seem to use when judging port quality.

"What, the game drops below 60 FPS at 1080p!? What a shitty port! Stick with the console version that struggles to maintain 30 FPS at 720p!"
"This game has mouse acceleration while aiming?! What a piece of shit! Stick with the console version that has inherently imprecise analog stick aiming, complete with acceleration and smoothing! Also, ignore the fact that you can use gamepads on your PC if you really want to replicate console controls!"
"What?! I'm stuck with this shitty FOV and can't change it?! Worthless port! Stick with the console version that has the same shitty FOV that can't be changed either!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Sep 8, 2014, 04:42 Jerykk

I feel like he's trying way too hard. He rants about the controls being awful when he's specifically referring to the mouse acceleration while aiming. While it's not ideal, DR3 is not a shooter. You spend 99% of your time using melee weapons. On the rare occasion that you do need to aim, it's really not that bad because you're aiming at slow-moving zombies. Certainly no worse than using an analog stick (which makes his comment about gamepad controls being flawless pretty silly).

He then complains about it being too easy to run through crowds of zombies. This may be true on normal difficulty but when you play on Nightmare Mode, it's certainly not true (with tougher zombies that do more damage and are more aggressive). As for the game being shallow, again, Nightmare Mode makes the game more tactical because zombies are a much bigger threat and you have to deal with a time limit. When every second counts, every choice you make has more meaning and you can't afford to dawdle. I'm curious to know if he even tried Nightmare Mode. He spent a good portion of the video ranting about how the game isn't hardcore or immersive enough so presumably he tried the mode intended to be more hardcore and immersive... right?

Ugh. Being a hyperbolic douche is okay if your arguments are well-reasoned and informed. That doesn't seem to be the case with this guy.

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3 Sep 8, 2014, 04:16 Jerykk

Of course it didn't exceed 30fps on the XB1... DR3 was capped at 30, just like on the PC. The occasional drops below 30fps (usually to about 28fps) were minimal until later in the game when the streets were filled with walking dead or during explosions/fireballs; Even then, it wasn't that bad, maybe a second or two at 22-24fps then back up to 30. Here's a Digital Foundry clip to prove my point: http://youtu.be/51skfolgTyI

22-24 FPS is awful, even if it's only for a few seconds (which I find unlikely if the performance drops are caused by a large amount of zombies onscreen). The PC version never drops that low during gameplay if you have a decent system.

However, I would argue that DR3 actually looks better on the XB1 (aside from resolution) with a more consistent, albeit lower, framerate. There's a comparison video online that proves as much. Since you're fond of Digital Foundry, here's what they had to say...

It's only more consistent if you're playing the PC version at an unlocked framerate. If you have a decent system and cap the framerate at 30, it'll be more consistent than the Xbox version. Keep in mind that with such a system, the framerate will never drop below 30 during gameplay. With a high-end system, you can add 10-20 FPS to that number.

Digital Foundry is correct in saying that the PC version should look and run better than it does. However, that doesn't mean it's in any way inferior to the Xbox version. Quite the contrary. If you have a decent system (such as your $3000 gaming PC), the PC version objectively looks and runs the best. And you really can't judge image quality based on highly-compressed Youtube videos. The increase in render resolution alone makes the PC version look a lot sharper than the upscaled Xbox version.

You may not be a console fanboy but when you say stuff like "it's too bad about the PC port... but it's usually best to play consoles games on a console, and PC games on the PC," you must not have played many ports over the last decade.

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3 Sep 7, 2014, 18:03 Jerykk

PHJF wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 12:04:
Having a good time playing with Helf. Got my Dual Shock 4 going and throw the game up on The Big Screen. Performance on my middling system is sluggish but not awful. Had one crash during ~10 hours, not noticing any real bugs either. Biggest issue is the default difficulty is waaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too easy.

Nightmare is a lot harder but they don't give you enough time. You essentially have to focus exclusively on the main story missions and can only do side-missions or exploration when the game occasionally tells you to go out and waste time until the next story mission is ready. Dead Rising 2 gave you enough time to explore and do a large portion of side-missions.

shades of the RE4 port they did years ago. The mouse/key controls are fucking abysmal, no matter how you try to tune them.

How so? The only issue I had was needing to hold down MMB to aim with certain items. Holding down MMB is always awkward.

News Comments > WBIE TMs WB Play
8. Re: WBIE TMs WB Play Sep 7, 2014, 17:56 Jerykk

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 16:06:
This sounds more like a casual label or something that they're launching. WB doesn't actually put out that many games compared to EA, Ubisoft etc. I don't think making their own digital platform would really be worth it for them. This might be a sub-label focused on family or mobile games though. 2K Play used to be a thing too, it was the label that put out Carnival Games and the like.

They aren't limited to selling their own games. Uplay and Origin sell third-party games too. Hell, Valve rarely releases new games and look at Steam now.

I can't say I'm a fan of yet another publisher distribution service. The chances of it being better than Steam are extremely low and if it will be required for WB's first-party games, that'll be a nuisance.

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3 Sep 7, 2014, 00:23 Jerykk

JediPunisher wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 15:21:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 06:28:
Also, the game doesn't run worse than the Xbox version. The Xbox version had a variable framerate as well, only it would often drop into the 20's during actual gameplay (and this was with no AA and a 720p render resolution).

It ran very smooth for me on the XB1, until late in the game when the streets were tightly packed with hundreds of zombies. I played it several months after release, so it might've had a patch or two since you played it.

It's too bad about the PC port... but it's usually best to play consoles games on a console, and PC games on the PC.

That's objectively untrue. Digital Foundry did a performance analysis on the Xbox version and found that the framerate routinely dropped into the 20's and at no point exceeded 30. The PC version, at the same settings, rarely drops below 40.

And no, it's not usually not best to play console games on console. 99.9% of the time, the PC version looks and runs better than the console versions. If it's a shooter, it also controls better too. Even Dead Rising 3 PC looks and runs better than the console version. When PC gamers complain about DR3's performance, they are complaining that it drops below 60 FPS. The console version struggles to get even half of that so playing it on console would not be a better experience.

Oh yea this also is the first Xbone port if I remember right... so this is going to sour people on every port for the system for most of it's life now.

Except it isn't the first Xbone port. Titanfall was the first Xbone port and it looked and ran fine.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2014, 00:29.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2014, 23:57 Jerykk

Beamer wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 13:18:
But others have since digested her point and realized what she means. She doesn't mean you, jdreyer, are a bad person. She means this collective "gamer" identity of the angry nerd in the basement is no longer the only driving force in games and games don't need to cater to that specific person. And, frankly, I don't get how we aren't all ok with that. We've all bitched when we've felt games were insulting our intelligence because they don't get who we are. We're not all that angry virgin nerd in the basement. But that's still who most people think the "gamer" is.

So if someone is ignorant enough to believe that all gamers are basement-dwelling, antisocial virgins... who cares? Those people are clearly out of touch and have no interest in gaming. Those people don't know who Anita Sarkeesian is and have no idea what "GamerGate" is. That angry rant that Leigh wrote? Yeah, those people never read it. So who was her article targeting? What was she trying to accomplish? Seems to me that she overreacted to a bunch of internet trolls and then made an insulting blanket statement about gamers in general.

On a side note, this conversation was really astonishing: Shawn Elliot discussion with Leigh Alexander

The stuff she says is ridiculous. She actually complains about people wanting evidence before accepting something as fact. She even says that people should assume she's right and then look for evidence that supports her. She claims that sexism in the games industry is a fact of life and that it doesn't require any proof and isn't debatable. Just really absurd stuff and the reason why people are annoyed by her and SJWs in general. Being a feminist doesn't make you a SJW. Being a feminist that ignores logic or reasoning or facts and either insults and/or dismisses anyone who disagrees with them? That's a SJW.

And one of the articles I posted was very specific in blaming the media for creating the "gamer" in the 80s. Not the person that likes games, but the whole disenfranchised nerdy male youth that is happily spoonfed endless PR about consumer products they rabidly purchase and spend all their time thinking about.

And again... who cares? That stereotype is already dying out and will continue to do so as gaming becomes more mainstream. There's no need whatsoever to write angry rants about it because that will accomplish nothing.

That stereotype is the same one that's been harassing females and the same one that kicked off this whole thing. That stereotype is what Leigh Alexander meant when she said "Gamers are over."

The people being misogynistic assholes on the internet aren't specifically "gamers." They are assholes on the internet. The same assholes that harass female celebrities. The same assholes that harass females in general. Claiming that this is in any way specific to gamers is silly. Look at Youtube comments for videos completely unrelated to videogames and you'll find plenty of sexist/racist assholes. These are the people harassing Anita Sarkeesian and others. It's an inherent issue with anonymity on the internet, not with antiquated gamer stereotypes.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2014, 00:09.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3 Sep 6, 2014, 06:28 Jerykk

Seems pretty poorly optimized. Framerate is highly variable during gameplay, ranging from 30-60 FPS on my 670. For some inexplicable reason, cutscenes suffer from the worst performance, often dropping into the 20's.

Hopefully they manage to address the performance issues because the game is otherwise enjoyable.

Also, the game doesn't run worse than the Xbox version. The Xbox version had a variable framerate as well, only it would often drop into the 20's during actual gameplay (and this was with no AA and a 720p render resolution). The PC version is definitely an improvement, it's just not up to par with PC standards. It's weird because Capcom's ports over the last few years have been very solid.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month
29. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 4, 2014, 15:46 Jerykk

Kevin Lowe wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 08:52:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 02:57:

In general, it seems like the people who enjoy the game the most are the ones who enjoy stealth gameplay. You don't have to be stealthy in Watch_Dogs but it's definitely more interesting than the alternative.
Stealth was way overpowered in WD, though. I had a silenced pistol from the start, and once you get the silenced assault rifle, there's little need to use anything else. Add in the heavy takedown skill, and cruise through the game. It's the same weapon/skill combo that made fellow Ubi title Far Cry 3 so easy.

It's not quite Crysis-level broken (tap uncloak, tap fire, tap cloak, repeat for four games), but definitely overpowered.

True but you didn't have to use guns or even neutralize enemies in many cases. That's why I liked it. You could often sneak through areas using distractions alone and in some cases, you didn't even need to enter the area. You could just use cameras to reach your objectives.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
66. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 4, 2014, 03:31 Jerykk

Trust is a matter of degrees. When you're dating, how often do you actually believe that your relationship will last forever and that this is the man/woman you're destined to spend the rest of your life with? If there's any doubt in your mind whatsoever, you probably shouldn't send them nude pictures of yourself.

If taking unnecessary risks is the only joy you find in life, then by all means, carry on. But you really shouldn't be surprised when those risks end up biting you in the ass.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2014, 03:36.

27. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 4, 2014, 02:57 Jerykk

NKD wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 01:54:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 23:02:
I must be one of the few people who thought Watch_Dogs was a good game.

I thought it was good as well. I put quite a lot of hours into it, and would have put more had I not spent some time checking out Wildstar. I think I've got about 90% completion on the game including optional objectives.

The story wasn't the strongest, but combined with the gameplay it was enough to keep me glued to my computer for days.

I'm not really sure why people want to try so hard to believe that the game was some kind of epic failure. It was a solid title, especially for the first game of a new franchise. The only really bad thing about it was that it didn't live up to the absurd levels of hype behind it. But given how well it sold, it did well enough to ensure a second outing that will hopefully bring some solid improvement.

Most of the people I've talked to didn't play the game for more than hour. The game definitely starts off slow, as you haven't unlocked the more interesting gadgets and hacking abilities yet. The more interesting side-missions aren't unlocked either. On top of that, the story isn't super compelling so that's probably a major turnoff for a lot of players. The inability to shoot while driving and the instant acceleration of the vehicles makes a poor first impression too for people expecting something like GTA.

In general, it seems like the people who enjoy the game the most are the ones who enjoy stealth gameplay. You don't have to be stealthy in Watch_Dogs but it's definitely more interesting than the alternative.

24. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 23:02 Jerykk

I must be one of the few people who thought Watch_Dogs was a good game. I loved how open-ended most of the missions were (particularly the side-missions). I also liked the tactical choices that hacking offered. I don't really care about story and I love stealth so playing Watch_Dogs like a stealth game was a lot of fun for me.

That said, I feel like they wasted a lot of resources on the minigames. The minigames were sort of interesting for five minutes and then you never did them again. Those resources could have been better spent improving and expanding other parts of the game (like adding the ability to shoot while driving, use NPCs as human shields, adding stealth takedowns when you're using low cover, giving NPCs the ability to use motorcycles, improving AI in general, etc).

64. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2014, 22:57 Jerykk

Beamer wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 15:42:
Creston wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 15:08:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:29:
I'll never understand the logic of people who takes pictures and/or videos of themselves nude or during sex.

Narcissism.

I enjoy when my girlfriend sends me naked photos.
Which of us is the narcissist there?

I think "careless" might be the more appropriate word here. If you and your girlfriend were to ever have a nasty breakup, you'd have material that could be used to humiliate her.

53. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2014, 03:50 Jerykk

Beamer wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 00:46:
However, it's just weird to me that the conversation here, and really anywhere gamers venture, is "those idiots got what they deserved!" I mean, that's the very first place the discussion went and really the only place it stayed.

I wouldn't say they got what they "deserved" but their lack of forethought is definitely one of the reasons why this happened. If you're a celebrity and you're taking nude pictures of yourself using your phone (or worse yet, letting a boyfriend/girlfriend take the pictures on their phone), you obviously didn't put much thought into security. If you leave your car unlocked in a shady part of town with the keys in the ignition, should you really be surprised when somebody steals it?

The hackers are obviously directly responsible for the theft but they're hackers. They knew exactly what they were doing and they will never feel any remorse about it. These celebrities, on the other hand, will learn that digital media is inherently insecure and that taking nude pictures of yourself using said media is generally a bad idea. If you must take nude pictures of yourself, use traditional film, develop the photos yourself and lock them in a safe. Or you could just not take nude pictures of yourself.

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
34. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 3, 2014, 00:19 Jerykk

Don't see the point of this. The douchebag minority are going to continue being the douchebag minority. Trying to appeal to their humanity isn't going to work.  

45. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2014, 00:02 Jerykk

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 23:37:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 20:29:
NKD wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 20:10:

No one is suggesting people go out of their way to avoid all risk. But it seems reasonable for a high profile public figure like an A-List actress to take a few basic precautions.

Personal responsibility? Is that still a thing? I thought we lived in a fantasy land where people can walk into traffic with their eyes closed and are never hit.

Being a victim of a crime is personal responsibility now?

Taking rudimentary precautions to protect yourself against crime is a personal responsibility. Emphasis on "rudimentary." It doesn't take much effort to delete nude pictures of yourself. It takes even less effort to simply not take those pictures in the first place.

Your previous analogies were pretty bad. This situation is not in any way comparable to owning a car or a house or having a job. Those are things you have to do in order to survive in modern society. Taking nude pictures of yourself and storing them on a cloud-based service? Completely unnecessary and extremely risky if you're a celebrity who cares about their public image.

You say that life would be boring if people didn't take embarrassing pictures of themselves. Maybe you're right. Jennifer Lawrence's life has certainly become more interesting since the leak. That said, there are other ways to amuse yourself besides taking pictures that would ultimately humiliate you should they ever become public.

32. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 16:26 Jerykk

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 16:15:
Desalus wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 15:06:
Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 13:30:
Regardless, I don't get this "meet reality" thing. Because you're famous you shouldn't have any expectation of privacy? Where are you drawing that line? Should Erin Andrews have just expected that someone would drill through the peephole in her hotel room door and film her? I mean, meet reality!
Also, your credit card was replaced twice this year due to hacks? What the hell do you do that it keeps getting hacked? I've never had to replace a credit card for anything fraudulent. Twice in one year?

I concur; people’s private sex lives should remain private. Unfortunately that’s an unrealistic expectation for the world we live in. For instance you can have your computer or phone stolen, servers are hacked, account usernames and passwords are stolen, or it can simply come down to a jaded ex-partner posting nude photos of you on the internet. In the least, if you’re living in the USA, the NSA is spying on you (I remember reading that they enjoy sharing ‘private’ nude photos of attractive women among themselves when they find them). This is what ‘meet reality’ means. Celebrities, especially if they are female and attractive, should accept the fact that nothing is really secure on the internet and there are people who are actively trying to target them. It’s unfortunate but it’s reality.

All of those things, less the NSA, are punishable by jail time. They're crimes. Felonies.
You should have a reasonable expectation that people will not commit felonies against you.

I don't really see how your own expectations are in any way relevant to those who perpetrate such crimes. Expecting everyone to obey the law and act in accordance with your own principles and values is unrealistic. As such, precautions must be taken. It's why you lock your door at night. It's why you shred documents with sensitive info on them. It's why you use virus scanners. It's why you don't open suspicious e-mails. It's why you shouldn't take pictures of yourself doing embarrassing or incriminating things.

14023 Comments. 702 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo