Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14410 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
10. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 14:40 Jerykk

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:22:
Looks terrible.

...seriously? They barely showed anything.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 May 18, 2015, 04:18 Jerykk

Hate to break it to you but big budget PC exclusives are only going to become less and less common. About 95% of AAA games are multiplatform these days. If you boycott every game that doesn't require a Titan X to run well, you aren't going to be playing many games.

The Crysis series is a pretty good example of why pushing the graphics envelope doesn't necessarily mean much. Crysis 3 looks great and still stresses top-end GPUs but that doesn't compensate for the boring and uninspired gameplay. If downgrading graphics for consoles means developers can make great, 100+ hour open-world RPGs like Witcher 3, I think it's a fair trade.

Also, claims that graphics are regressing are pretty unfounded. Even with the rise of multiplatform development, graphics have improved significantly over the past ten years. I don't see that trend changing just because a few games don't look as good as their initial trailers.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 May 17, 2015, 20:04 Jerykk

LittleMe wrote on May 17, 2015, 18:10:
I'm having second thoughts on W3. Here's another. It's not just about graphics, but what else have they butchered? It's screaming 'consolitis' right now and it's not even born yet.

Did you play Witcher 2? Did you enjoy it? If so, I wouldn't be too worried because Witcher 2 exhibited plenty of consolitis and was still a great game. The QTEs and UI were clearly designed for gamepads. From what I understand, W3 has removed QTEs and improved the UI, so that's already a step up.

Also, people really need to stop acting like downgraded graphics somehow ruin games. It may not be as pretty as the initial reveal but it still looks good. More importantly, it plays well according to reviews.

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
4. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 16, 2015, 17:37 Jerykk

Lord Tea wrote on May 16, 2015, 16:31:
I'm shocked. Some of those screenshots look like Witcher 1.

/methinks you need to go back and replay Witcher 1...

News Comments > Invisible, Inc. Appears
13. Re: Invisible, Inc. Appears May 14, 2015, 04:35 Jerykk

Cutter wrote on May 13, 2015, 12:28:
Flatline wrote on May 13, 2015, 12:12:
Cutter wrote on May 13, 2015, 10:13:
This game sounds like a definite $5 or less sale pickup.

Dude I don't think I've *ever* seen you say "why yes, this game is worth full retail price!"

Then you're very selective in what you read and remember about my posts. GTA games worth every day one purchase and then some. TES, Fallout, etc. all worth it. I have plenty of day one purchases under my belt over the last 20 years. However, we also have a metric shit ton of shovelware coming out every day now and most of it isn't even worth a purchase at all and if it is, it's only on a very deep discount.

This game - from what I glean from reviews - has about 5 hours of actual content. The rest of it is just random generation of the small existing assets and the random generation doesn't work too well by all accounts. Does that sound like it's worth $20+ dollars to you? It sure doesn't to me. But that's just me. I actually want value for my money.

I guess it's a good thing that the game doesn't cost $20+. As for content, shouldn't you be more concerned with actual playtime? Quality > quantity. Games like Invisible Inc are designed for replayability. That's why they use procedural generation and that's why a single playthrough is relatively short. The long-term appeal stems from the depth of the game's systems and mechanics.

News Comments > Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown Free Content
11. Re: Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown Free Content May 14, 2015, 04:07 Jerykk

Not sure why people are so averse to this being from a different developer. HBS doesn't own the Shadowrun IP and it's not like they have a flawless track record. Shadowrun Returns was okay, Dragonfall was great. A solid track record but not quite enough to establish them as a top-tier developer.

You should judge Chronicles based on its own merits and not the name of its developer.

That said, the pricing seems pretty ridiculous. They shouldn't have charged more than $20 for this.

News Comments > Dead State: Reanimated
4. Re: Dead State: Reanimated May 13, 2015, 23:18 Jerykk

Was waiting for this patch before starting my playthrough. However, with Witcher 3 coming out in less than a week, I think I'll hold off. By the time I'm done with W3, any remaining issues with Dead State should be ironed out.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
53. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 12, 2015, 02:54 Jerykk

Shame. I enjoyed Isolation quite a bit and would love to see a sequel but I'd be surprised if that ever happens. SEGA isn't exactly in the best financial shape and they're looking to minimize risk wherever possible. The report says that they want to focus on mobile and F2P PC games, which pretty much says it all. Oh well. I appreciate the risk they took with Isolation, even if it didn't meet their unrealistic expectations.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
20. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 11, 2015, 23:48 Jerykk

GOG Galaxy is pretty barebones right now. Doesn't even show download speed.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch May 9, 2015, 03:11 Jerykk

Summons are super handy during boss fights. Mainly for the distraction they provide while your team dishes out the damage.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 8, 2015, 22:49 Jerykk

Very happy to hear that they're making another Expeditions game. I thought the first one was great. I also thought it sold like crap but maybe I was wrong?  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
23. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 7, 2015, 04:27 Jerykk

Squirmer wrote on May 7, 2015, 03:22:
"Hey you've bought Witcher 3, why not download it using our new convenient game client."

It's optional, but surely they want people to use the thing they've spent time and money on developing. Pairing it up with their major game release makes sense.

I don't know if they plan to be a "Steam competitor" like a lot of commentary has claimed, but if so they'll want a good install base.

Sure, but that has absolutely nothing to do with this Witcher 3 key dispute. If GOG was obsessed with getting people to use Galaxy, they would make it a requirement for Witcher 3, much like EA makes Origin a requirement for their games and Ubisoft requires Uplay for their games. Hell, CDPR could go full EA and simply stop releasing their games on Steam (easily their biggest competitor) entirely. But you don't need to use Galaxy to play Witcher 3. You don't even need to use GOG. If you buy it on Steam, you'll just download and install the game from Steam. Pretty sure that applies to Origin and Uplay too (the two other "authorized" sellers of the game).

Nice theory, except they are NOT illegitimate keys. CD Projekt is just trying to push people into the abysmal Galaxy client by only offering a good deal on GOG (This is why I think store, developer and publisher should never be 1 and the same...)

Except GOG is selling the game for the same price as Steam (their biggest competitor). And again, Witcher 3 does not require Galaxy.

It's fine to be angry and all that but you guys really should do more research before jumping to conclusions.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2015, 04:38.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
20. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 7, 2015, 02:26 Jerykk

Squirmer wrote on May 7, 2015, 01:36:
GOG/CDPR are not fans of regional pricing. If I bought Witcher 3 from them I'd pay about $75, but they'd give me about $20 in GOG store credit to compensate.

They generally do the right thing, but in this case it does sound like they're trying to push people towards Galaxy.

Not sure how this has anything to do with Galaxy. Galaxy is completely optional. You don't need it to play Witcher 3.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Includes Batgirl Prequel
17. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Includes Batgirl Prequel May 4, 2015, 23:29 Jerykk

Tumbler wrote on May 4, 2015, 13:31:
The bottom section is just more detail on what those DLC packs are but this seems like a lot of DLC to me. Arkham Knight just seems to be going farther and I don't see why people care if there is a season pass versus needing to buy things individually.

It's a matter of perception, really. A handful of low-cost DLCs aren't as offensive as a $40 season pass. The fact that no actual details were included with the initial announcement also added to the problem, as people likely assumed it would just be skins and challenge maps like in the previous games. Had the announcement talked about the story-based DLC, I think the reception would have been less negative.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads
12. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads May 4, 2015, 03:42 Jerykk

Ludomancer wrote on May 3, 2015, 13:25:
Don't the "Mercenaries" games over the last few years fall into that category? At least in every way but the setting?

Jerykk wrote on May 3, 2015, 02:54:
An open-world Wolfenstein could be great. It would be like Saboteur, only with the setting, technology and combat of TNO.

Not at all. Mercenaries has more in common with Just Cause than Wolfenstein.

14. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Includes Batgirl Prequel May 4, 2015, 02:50 Jerykk

Tumbler wrote on May 3, 2015, 22:50:
It feels like someone is manipulating the press with this season pass news. It's not like we haven't seen a season pass this expensive or complicated. Bf and call of Duty do it every year. I don't see why anyone cares. It's like someone got IGN to write that article about how this season pass was absurd so people start talking about it and now they release this specific info and the real purpose is simply to get this info in front of as any eyes as possible. I'd certainly never read about what's in this pass otherwise. But here I am reading the details.

I'm feeling pretty skeptical about this game. The vibe I've gotten from press that's seen stuff seems like it's missing it's mark. Not a terrible game, just full if features that don't seem to thrill anyone.

BF and CoD (and their respective publishers) have already been established as cashcow franchises with overpriced DLC. Batman, until now, has not. If Dishonored 2 or any other critical darling has a $40 season pass, rest assured that there will be outrage.

5. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Includes Batgirl Prequel May 3, 2015, 20:53 Jerykk

Numinar wrote on May 3, 2015, 18:30:
Every industry on the planet does this, selling the base product close to cost and then marking up the consumables, spares and accessories.

You don't have to buy it. Or you wait a year and by the GOTY for next to nothing. It's priced the way it is because people buy it and wont go away until we all stop.

What's surprising is that people support such absurd pricing for completely optional content. It's not like buying printer ink or gas for your car. Those are necessities. DLC is not and yet people apparently still pay exorbitant prices for it. Mass Effect Trilogy routinely goes on sale for $10, yet if you want all the DLC, you'll have to pay around $100.

2. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Includes Batgirl Prequel May 3, 2015, 17:24 Jerykk

This looks far more substantial than the Origins season pass. But still not worth $40. If the Season Pass costs $40 and the base game costs $60, WBIE is essentially saying that the SP cost 66% as much to develop as the base game. Assuming that the base game had a development budget of $50 million (which is fairly conservative), that means this season pass cost $33 million to develop? I think not.

$15 would be a much more reasonable price.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads
7. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads May 3, 2015, 02:54 Jerykk

An open-world Wolfenstein could be great. It would be like Saboteur, only with the setting, technology and combat of TNO.  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed May 3, 2015, 02:26 Jerykk

ME3 was the best overall game in the series. Sure, the ending sucked but that was maybe 1% of the game. Everything else, from the progression system to the loot to the AI to the level design and enemy variety were definitely a step up from the previous games.

It's sad that people tend to fixate on the bad while ignoring all the good.

14410 Comments. 721 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo