Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14374 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book
15. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book Apr 13, 2015, 22:47 Jerykk

Really wish they'd stop using "ghost" incorrectly. "Ghosting" is when you sneak through a game without being detected, without neutralizing any NPCs and without destroying anything. Basically, you leave no traces of your existence behind, hence the term "ghost."

Killing/knocking people out in a stealthy manner is not ghosting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
12. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 11, 2015, 17:24 Jerykk

This KS has been pretty dubious from the start. When they first launched, it was going to be an MP-only game. I believe they said that they could only add SP as a stretch goal or something. Now SP is included by default with no change to the required funding? $600k is nothing. It's nowhere near enough to develop a 3D game with both SP and MP.

Toss in the fact that none of the developers have ever worked on a Descent game (or any other 6DoF shooter) and this is probably going to be a big disappointment, if it ever even gets finished.

News Comments > Trine 3 Trailer
8. Re: Trine 3 Trailer Apr 11, 2015, 06:40 Jerykk

I'm not digging the color tints in the footage and screens released so far. Seems like every area has a very saturated purple/green/blue tint. I remember the previous games having a much more vibrant array of colors.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
36. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Apr 11, 2015, 06:38 Jerykk

Quinn wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 06:15:
Lord Tea wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 05:09:
Wow, what a really well done trailer. Now, if they only showed PC mouse/kb gameplay - I'd preorder that thing - immediately.

siapnar wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 21:15:
Just out of curiosity, what are the cards some of you guys are running (or going to run)?

GTX 970 here. Xmas buy. No regrets

GTX 970 also. Great card imo. But I got seriously pissed by how Nvidia handled the 970 VRAM fiasco. Looks like most folks have already forgotten about that but my next card will definitely be AMD powered, no matter what.

Anyone with a GTX 970, will you be so kind as to PM me with your GTAV performance findings the 14th? Or post it in the ship ahoy thread? Pessimistic me cannot believe my GTX 680 can live up to my standards with this game and I'm already having a monster of a dilemma whether I'll be buying the GTX 970 or 980. Ofc 980 will be the better choice except that it's almost twice as expensive!

Just buy a 970 and overclock it. You can match stock 980 performance without much effort. The Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming is apparently the best overclocker.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed
15. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 23:26 Jerykk

How can the game not be gold yet? It comes out in a month. If you want to release a game on consoles, it needs to go gold at least two months before launch.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed
30. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 23:17 Jerykk

Cutter wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 22:56:
walrus1 wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 21:13:
Cutter wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 20:13:
Another console ARPG-shooter? No thanks. Maybe when it hits the bargain bin.

It seems a lot like Human Revolution. This is a very good thing! You played it right? Cause the PC version didn't feel like a console port at all.

My only concern is the story ark doesn't seem to follow Human Revolution in a concise way. Although we will find that out for sure later.

The waist high cover? Obvious linear pathing? The Boss fights? What part didn't feel like a console game again? Even the story was pretty weak. I didn't hate it, but I'm definitely not a fan, so yeah, I can easily forgo this until the bargain bin.

I love how things like waist high cover, linear pathing and boss fights are somehow console-centric, even though they've existed in plenty of PC-exclusive games.

Also, DX:HR wasn't "obviously linear." Most areas were open-ended, offering multiple routes and solutions to any given quest. Boss fights were annoying but comprised maybe 1% of the entire game? The cover system was silly but completely optional. I played through the entire game without using it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2015, 02:20 Jerykk

Caladell wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 01:38:
Jerykk wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 00:30:
Nuuvem is selling GTAV for a little under $30. RSC-key only, no Steam.

Tempting, but what about region lock? Anyone every buy from them?

I've never had issues. I don't think any games are ever locked to South America. Just the Americas in general. For some games, Nuuvem won't let you purchase unless your IP is South American but you can use Hola to work around that. The key itself should work fine.

That said, I don't think I've ever bought a RSC key before so who knows how that works out.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2015, 00:30 Jerykk

Nuuvem is selling GTAV for a little under $30. RSC-key only, no Steam.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patched
27. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 4, 2015, 00:58 Jerykk

PHJF wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 00:47:
And cRPGs have been pretty fucking dead lately, so I think people are just ecstatic to actually have some to play.

Uh, there have been plenty of good/great CRPGs lately. Divinity: Original Sin, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Dead State, Underrail and Banner Saga come to mind.

News Comments > DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features
10. Re: DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features Mar 30, 2015, 12:26 Jerykk

I guess they assume that PC gamers have no interest in online multiplayer..? A pretty ridiculous assumption but the only that can explain why they aren't launching with online multiplayer support.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
64. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 23:35 Jerykk

Hump wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 22:44:
hmmm....2 great Diablo clones that share the same initials

Pillars of Eternity & Path of Exile

ah well....double the fun.

Trolling or just ignorant? So hard to tell these days.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
24. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 25, 2015, 01:26 Jerykk

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 23:18:
WaltC wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 19:13:
Flatline wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 13:54:
Well now we know what they were doing instead of patching the game.

No kidding. Unreal.

I'm sure a lot of this DLC existed before the game was released. Do you really think they called all the voice actors back into the studio just for a DLC? I'm sure there are at least two teams working on this game, one focused on patching and one focused on creating new content.

People don't seem to really understand how game development works. DLC like this is 99% content. That means designers, artists, animators, audio, etc. Patches? 99% code. That means programming and maybe a little scripting. Rest assured, there was likely very little overlap between the patch teams and the DLC teams.

That's not to excuse the slow patching or the lackluster quality of this DLC. I'm just saying that the two having nothing to do with each other.

On the bright side, at least they aren't using Bioware Points anymore. Now if only they'd stop using it for their previous games.

News Comments > Singularity Revival Teased
13. Re: Singularity Revival Teased Mar 23, 2015, 23:15 Jerykk

As Nuukee said, this isn't about a revival. It's about Raven streaming their previous games.

The likelihood of Activision funding a Singularity sequel is approximately 0.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
60. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 22, 2015, 05:27 Jerykk

Not sure why people are freaking out over the gamepad comment. It's subjective. Some people thought Witcher 2 played better with a gamepad and that game was still great (and played well with M/KB). I see no reason why Witcher 3 would be any different. The UI already looks better than what was in W2.  

News Comments > Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development
13. Re: Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development Mar 19, 2015, 03:02 Jerykk

If they had released ten games with considerable commercial and critical success, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be shutting down.  

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month
9. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month Mar 19, 2015, 02:58 Jerykk

When you say you don't have any issues, are you saying you get a stable 60 FPS? Because if you don't, that's the issue. The game doesn't look anywhere near good enough to justify the lousy performance.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 14, 2015, 21:33 Jerykk

Don't really understand why people review games in genres they dislike.  

News Comments > Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support
6. Re: Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support Mar 14, 2015, 16:44 Jerykk

Cutter wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 15:14:
Steam is DRM. No, what they should be doing is offering a stand alone - or via GOG - Steam/DRM free edition instead. In fact everyone needs to start doing that. I'm pretty tired of Steam and their shitty policies and lack of CS.

Steam is DRM but its benefits far outweigh its downsides. Cloud saves, automatic updates, achievements, trading cards, one-click installs, leaderboards, matchmaking... buying and playing a game on Steam is usually more convenient and productive than playing a pirated copy.

News Comments > Descent Reboot Kickstarter
25. Re: Descent Reboot Kickstarter Mar 11, 2015, 03:54 Jerykk

Not really something you want to be putting as a disclaimer at the bottom of your pitch. But that's just me. This shows lack of confidence on their part and gives them an out for when they don't deliver on their pitch or add micro-transactions or go free-2-play later.

I'm pretty sure all Kickstarter projects have that warning in some form or another. And really, if you're backing a Kickstarter, you should already know the risks.

That said, $25 minimum for the game seems pretty crazy. That's how much the minimum was for Original Sin and that was a 100+ hour RPG. Hell, Wasteland 2, Project Eternity and Torment could all be had for $20 or less and those were in more popular genres from established studios. The Descent brand still has some value but I don't think it or the 6DoF subgenre have broad enough appeal for most people to pledge that much. Offering the game for $10 or $15 pledges would have been much more realistic and much more likely to sway less nostalgic backers.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video
22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2015, 00:25 Jerykk

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 7, 2015, 20:17:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 7, 2015, 19:50:
Source? Pretty sure this is PC with an Xbox controller plugged in. As for UI, don't expect it to be any different when you're using M/KB. Just replace the Xbox prompts with M/KB prompts. Witcher 2 was like that too.
I have a friend who went to pax this year and I'm going off only what he said. They may have misheard, or misunderstood but as far as I know from what they told me it's the console version they demo'd.

CDPR dev confirmed that it's PC on high (but not highest) settings:
Dev tweet

Your friend probably saw the Xbox prompts and assumed it was the Xbox version, much like many of the posters in this thread.

Anyway, I think the graphics are fine. Are they as impressive as in the debut trailer? No, but I imagine that footage was recorded on a beast of a PC. Graphics are always downgraded as the realities of optimization start to appear towards the end of development. Having a fantastic-looking game doesn't mean much if it runs like ass on most systems. I'm sure the game will still look very nice at the highest detail settings.

Of course, we'll probably end up with another Watch_Dogs situation where people rage because the final graphics aren't quite as impressive as in the initial reveal, even though they're still good.

14374 Comments. 719 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo