Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14023 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed; Batmobile Trailer
10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed; Batmobile Trailer Jun 4, 2014, 05:10 Jerykk

JediPunisher wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 15:47:
Damn! I just preordered this thing yesterday! Urk

Bit premature, perhaps. I don't think they've even shown any gameplay footage yet.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
48. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 2, 2014, 23:11 Jerykk

This has a lot of potential, especially if they're willing to tackle more interesting concepts like morale, collateral damage, etc. That said, apparently the civilians were invincible in the press demo. Not exactly the most reassuring fact.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
60. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans Jun 2, 2014, 01:09 Jerykk

Yea have done that - but the first video showed parkour chases....i dunno....underwhelmed....

The best chases are the ones against other players after their failed attempts to hack you.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
37. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 1, 2014, 01:17 Jerykk

2. Separate the message from the messenger. Sarkeesian is an imperfect messenger, yes. She gets some of the details wrong, and she can go overboard (although you kind of have to with an issue like this, as being delicate won't get you far). However, the general thrust of her message is right. She's exposing the multitude of ways that sexism pervades our common culture. They only way to address a problem is to first recognize that it exists. By attacking the messenger, you're either missing the message or indirectly defending it. Try and keep an open mind about what she is saying, not necessarily how she is saying it.

I don't think anyone is going to argue that sexism doesn't exist in popular culture. However, it's perfectly reasonable to criticize Sarkeesian for her flawed arguments. In her last video, she relied heavily on antiquated examples of Nintendo characters to support her argument about sexist gender representations, as if Nintendo is in any way representative of modern gaming as a whole. In an attempt to appear fair and balanced, she then cited a few indie games that didn't have sexist representations yet neglected to mention the numerous high-profile, mainstream games like Bioshock, Last of Us, Walking Dead, Remember Me, Portal, Tomb Raider, Saints Row, Fallout, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, The Wolf Among Us, Assassin's Creed, The Bureau, XCOM, WH40K: Space Marine, Splinter Cell, etc.

If you're going to present an argument, you need to make sure your logic is sound and your examples relevant. You also shouldn't ignore examples that undermine your argument. A bad argument deserves to be picked apart, even if the message behind it holds some merit.

News Comments > Expeditions: Conquistador Editor Released
2. Re: Expeditions: Conquistador Editor Released May 27, 2014, 12:23 Jerykk

Great game that was sadly overlooked. I wonder if the historical setting just doesn't resonate with most people.  

News Comments > Death to Spies III Demo
4. Re: Death to Spies III Demo May 26, 2014, 17:05 Jerykk

They lost their publisher and are trying to fund this independently. They put it up on Indiegogo a while back but failed horribly. Disappointing, as I liked the previous games. The description on the website seems outdated too. I'm pretty sure they are no longer doing a X360 version. The description on the Steam Greenlight page seems more up-to-date, though it makes no mention of the other characters. It wouldn't surprise me if those were cut so that the game's scope would be more manageable.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
64. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 26, 2014, 06:37 Jerykk

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 23, 2014, 22:38:
It's pretty sad that UBIsoft had such piss-poor timing with the release. Everyone who pirated this fucker is playing it over the holiday weekend, while the rest of us suckers and our useless preorders have to wait until the work-week starts again.

Pretty sure they didn't plan for the game to be leaked and pirated so early. They could have released the game last Tuesday but then they'd be competing with Wolfenstein and Transistor. To my knowledge, there are no other high profile releases on the 27th.

63. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 26, 2014, 06:30 Jerykk

Does the steam version not launch uplay? Saving money is great, but one of the reasons I'm still not pulling the trigger is having to split games off from steam if I got it from GMG. I've had HORRIBLE luck with Uplay in the past on AC4 and other games.

All of Ubisoft's first-party games require Uplay regardless of where you buy them. Watch Dogs on Steam will simply launch Uplay and then Watch Dogs from there.

60. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 25, 2014, 21:17 Jerykk

Cancelled my pre-order. It's too fishy that they're spending all this time on viral videos and shit instead of allowing their game to be reviewed after it's been gold for so long.

They've shown plenty of gameplay footage. Having embargos that don't lift until release is a standard practice. It's in no way an indication of a crappy game. Wolfenstein and Transistor both had release day embargos.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
61. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 25, 2014, 21:15 Jerykk

BadIronTree wrote on May 25, 2014, 13:53:
Jerykk wrote on May 24, 2014, 18:03:
A bit concerned at how little progress this game has made. Elite Dangerous has made significantly more progress with only a fraction of the budget.

They have A lot more money from Private Investors man...

SC refuse to take the 20 million check from an Investor because they don't need Him anymore

Even if that's true, have those investors given Braben $44 million? I doubt it.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 25, 2014, 19:25 Jerykk

PropheT wrote on May 25, 2014, 12:55:
Seemed apparent that there was something up when there so many reports of people who "got the game early" having performance problems, graphics issues, and so on, but people who actually really had the physical game seemed to be talking about a different experience.

The legit version of the game is still poorly optimized based on what I've seen and read. Consumes way too much VRAM given the game's relatively unimpressive visuals.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 May 25, 2014, 19:16 Jerykk

NKD wrote on May 25, 2014, 16:13:
Jerykk wrote on May 25, 2014, 15:56:
I guess you could argue that you might want to delay picking up health so you can maximize your overcharge but that doesn't apply to ammo or armor.

Grabbing that big 25 or 50 armor pickup when you're missing like 5 armor is a bit wasteful. Especially if you're on Wyatt timeline where your armor pickup values are increased.

Except armor is so plentiful that if you leave a pickup behind, you really have no reason to backtrack and grab it later (if the level even allows backtracking). In 99% of cases, there's really no reason to not automatically pick up health, ammo and armor.

As for the AI, yeah, the stealth AI is pretty bad. Very imperceptive and extremely delayed reaction times. It really breaks down in the sections that are meant to be played stealthy and you have to deal with the melee guards. For some reason, the designers thought it would be best if the guards casually walk towards you and fight you one at a time if you're detected. I'm guessing they did that so that non-stealth would be more viable in those sections. All it really accomplishes is making the AI look retarded.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 25, 2014, 15:56 Jerykk

-Have to push a button in order to pick up ammo and health instead of just walking over it

That's a valid complaint. There's never any reason to not pick up health or ammo or armor. Therefore, there's no reason to force the player to manually pick them up. I guess you could argue that you might want to delay picking up health so you can maximize your overcharge but that doesn't apply to ammo or armor.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
30. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 24, 2014, 18:03 Jerykk

A bit concerned at how little progress this game has made. Elite Dangerous has made significantly more progress with only a fraction of the budget.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Launch Trailer
25. Re: Watch Dogs Launch Trailer May 23, 2014, 04:07 Jerykk

Task wrote on May 22, 2014, 23:51:
nin wrote on May 22, 2014, 22:05:
siapnar wrote on May 22, 2014, 20:42:
nin wrote on May 22, 2014, 19:37:
Just like with Wolf: It don't have to be perfect, it just has to be good.
Are you playing it? If so, how is it?

Wolf? I like it. I'm only an hour or so in, wish I had more time. It doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it's a fun old school shooter.

Is it MORE than just a shooter though. Can you get out of situations or complete the entire game with using nonlethal weapons like Deus Ex?

Nope. It's not a hybrid game like Deus Ex or Dishonored. It's a shooter with stealth elements.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale May 23, 2014, 01:39 Jerykk

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 21, 2014, 21:25:
For anyone who hasn't bought watch dogs yet, but wants it cheaper, I present this thread. It does work.

It works if you don't live in the U.S. I got another e-mail with a code specifically for U.S. customers. Much easier than using proxies to try and trick the store into thinking you live in the U.K.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
9. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer May 22, 2014, 01:23 Jerykk

Cutter wrote on May 22, 2014, 00:46:
mellis wrote on May 21, 2014, 20:56:
You wish Batman would just start killing the villains. I mean, you'd think after 3+ outings (Asylum, City etc), the population of Gotham would be getting a little tired of being whittled down by homicidal maniacs, especially given their reoffending rate.

There are worse things than death. Like being crippled and left alive by the Batman. That's how it works. Killing people is easy. Crippling them equates to fear. If you were a criminal and Bats asked you for information and your choices were to tell him or spend life in a wheelchair shitting in a bag, what would you choose?

Except Batman doesn't cripple anyone. Two-Face, Penguin, Joker, Harlequinn, Scarecrow, Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc... he beats them up, tosses them in Arkham/Blackgate, then they inevitably break out and people die. Rinse and repeat.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Transistor
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Transistor May 21, 2014, 01:17 Jerykk

The game is $20, not $30.  

35. Re: Steam Top 10 May 18, 2014, 23:44 Jerykk

There's no easy way to track hours played per sale. However, the fact that DayZ has stayed in the top 5 (usually top 2) sellers for months speaks volumes of its longevity.

Fads generally don't have any longevity. Goat Simulator was in the top 10 for what, a month? Now it's disappeared. You may not enjoy DayZ but the sales numbers (over 2 million last I checked and not including sales of ArmA2 that stemmed from the mod) prove that you are in the minority.

28. Re: Steam Top 10 May 18, 2014, 19:18 Jerykk

Actually yes, he means meme. It's the current subject of all the funny clips, funny in-jokes amongst the chan crowd and is the current "hip game du jour" that your chan/reddit posers play to seem cool to their friends.

What are you talking about? I haven't seen Minecraft used in any memes for quite some time. People continue to buy the game because they hear good things about it from the people who still play it. The people who still play it continue to play it because they find it enjoyable.

You may not like Minecraft but you are clearly in the minority. Dismissing its popularity as a fad speaks more to your own obtuseness than the quality of the game itself. You sound like someone who saw a Minecraft meme five years ago and assumed that your anecdotal experience is still relevant today.

It's still an "in" thing to do. Same with those sales of Minecraft. I suspect there's an absolutely massive rate of attrition and most people have probably never played more than a few hours at most. Never underestimate the power of peer pressure.

And you make this assumption based on... what, exactly? Your own personal distaste for the game? According to Steam's concurrent player stats, the highest concurrent player count for DayZ was 45,398. Today's peak was 30,001. While obviously a decrease (which is common among most games), the numbers still suggest a high level of retention for a game that's been out for months.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2014, 19:25.

14023 Comments. 702 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo