Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14603 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal
10. Re: BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal Nov 2, 2015, 12:29 Jerykk

Darks wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 12:00:
Primalchrome wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 11:36:
One of two kickstarters I backed that I am really excited about. I particularly like how they didn't put up any further stretch goals. Instead they state that any further money will be for polish and co-op PvE.

These devs are assholes, instead of making it a Coop game, they fucking went for pvp. This is why I did not fund them.

Wow. I usually scoff at claims of gamer entitlement but this really exemplifies it. HBS aren't "assholes" just because they didn't do exactly what you wanted them to. Battletech is traditionally PvP so having PvP in the game makes perfect sense. Co-op would have been nice, sure, but PvP is more important if they want to be authentic to the source material.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 2, 2015, 04:39 Jerykk

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 20:48:
Same here. It would be awesome to get a game for once where the focus lies 100% on the single player experience. I really hope they fail to reach $2.5 million.

Battletech was originally a PvP game so it makes sense for it to include PvP.

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
29. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 2, 2015, 04:11 Jerykk

InBlack wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 02:24:
Well Im not one of those numbers. I was all set to re-install Steam over the weekend and try Total War Arena, but I got an urge to fly instead and spent most of my PC time with DCS.

"Re-install" Steam? How do you not keep it installed when 90% of modern games require Steam? Unless you skip AAA releases entirely.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
35. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Nov 2, 2015, 03:27 Jerykk

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 05:44:
Asmodai wrote on Oct 31, 2015, 19:04:
https://youtu.be/j30PKp_Wub0?t=327

Everyone should run screaming to get their refunds...

The things he shows there have been a disease of "PC" games for a long time. Ever since console ports started. Most games are massively dumbed down nowadays and coupled with extremely shitty controls. Most people have adapted (or actually play with a controller on the PC - LOL). I refused to. Yet I still breeze through those games, because they are so dumbed down so it actually doesnt matter if you do lots of mistakes due to the horrible controls.

Console ports have been around since the early 90's. It's not a new phenomenon and not the reason why games have been dumbed down. No, games have been dumbed down in order to appeal to a larger audience. This is the result of development costs rising exponentially since the 90's. If you want the high production values of AAA games, you'll have to accept that said games are going to be more simplistic and accessible. If you don't care about high production values, there are plenty of hardcore indie games out there.

21. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 1, 2015, 20:09 Jerykk

ViRGE wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 20:05:
nimski wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 19:05:
With those numbers I'd guess they would be smurf accounts or a new scam brewing. Valve would know where they're coming from and how they're being used however.
Agreed. The record set today ended up being 13,480,916. 25% growth in 2 weeks is not natural for a long established service like Steam (even with DOTA/CS/TF2), so someone is screwing around and creating a bunch of accounts.

Given how distinct the spike is, I'm wondering if maybe a handful of people are creating and logging in a bunch of accounts just to push the peak number higher for amusement.

Possible, but I think it's more likely that CS and DotA2 are just super popular. They both had over 7 million players in the past two weeks.

13. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 1, 2015, 17:29 Jerykk

While the vast majority of Steam users likely only play CS, DotA2 or TF2, the minority is still large enough to support other games. If that wasn't the case, nobody would bother releasing games on PC.

As always, if you're making a game, you need to make sure you have a specific target audience in mind and adjust your scope and budget appropriately. Seems like a lot of publishers fail to do this, resulting in games that sell 2-3 million copies but still fail to "meet expectations."

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
22. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Nov 1, 2015, 01:33 Jerykk

Krovven wrote on Oct 31, 2015, 19:17:
Asmodai wrote on Oct 31, 2015, 19:04:
https://youtu.be/j30PKp_Wub0?t=327

Everyone should run screaming to get their refunds...

People shouldn't listen to retards like that guy from WorthABuy. His shit isn't WorthAWatch. Yes...spam X to get no experience and don't learn how to play the game. You eventually get your ass kicked beyond the first 10min of the game...but yea, go ahead, spam X.

Very much this. I thought it was pretty well-established that Mac is an idiot and that his opinions are basically worthless. Not sure why people even watch his videos.

News Comments > The Technomancer Trailer
5. Re: The Technomancer Trailer Oct 31, 2015, 02:49 Jerykk

Hopefully the combat isn't as clunky and tedious as it was in War Logs. Hopefully they have better writers too.  

News Comments > Starsiege and TRIBES Free Games
19. Re: Starsiege and TRIBES Free Games Oct 31, 2015, 02:48 Jerykk

Tribes Vengeance had a surprisingly compelling single-player campaign. It didn't really represent the online experience in any way but the story and mission design were interesting enough.  

News Comments > Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf
10. Re: Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf Oct 29, 2015, 12:23 Jerykk

ldonyo wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 11:19:
Add me to the legions hoping for a new V:tM game!

This. I don't think Paradox has the money to make a full 3D RPG but I'd be perfectly okay with an old-school, isometric CRPG.

News Comments > Hitman Trailer
6. Re: Hitman Trailer Oct 28, 2015, 23:33 Jerykk

Level looks nice and big. Hopefully most of the buildings can be entered and have detailed interiors.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released
13. Re: Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released Oct 27, 2015, 23:44 Jerykk

loomy wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 21:41:
if you're interesting in this game, take my advice and save yourself some time and frustration. only play the DLC. this game has an hour of gameplay in it and one or two of the DLC is the best of it. I'd say it's worth $30 if you're a big fan, but no more

I wouldn't take that advice at all. If you like stealth, survival horror and Alien, you'll like Alien Isolation. If you don't enjoy all of the above, you might not.

News Comments > The Park Released
4. Re: The Park Released Oct 27, 2015, 12:24 Jerykk

Apparently this is super short (~90 minutes) and doesn't actually have any gameplay. It has more in common with Gone Home than Amnesia.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preload Plans
23. Re: Fallout 4 Preload Plans Oct 27, 2015, 02:58 Jerykk

Kosumo wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 23:34:
Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 22:53:
I think there's still a market for games like that, but it'll have to come through smaller projects like Kickstarters. No publisher really seems to want to cough up the cash for something like them.

Firaxs/Take 2 with X-COM:Enemy Unknown and the up coming sequal show that there are larger publishers willing to invest money it to that style of game.

Bethesda just was not know for that style of game so made it more in the style that they where known for. (Also, maybe it was a better fit for console gamers as sad as that sounds - I know Fallout: Botherhood of Steel, came out on consoles, did any of the others?)

I still agree with what you said in general. I'm sure that the Fallout universe is a long long way form dying out now. (how long was the gap between the last Fallout game before Fallout 3 and Fallout 3?)

I'd be keen to see a Firaxs Fallout game (isometric) with Chris Avolle (you guys know who I mean) as a spin off.

I don't think XCOM sold very well on consoles, which is why XCOM 2 is PC-exclusive. Bethesda isn't looking to make games that "only" sell 1 or 2 million copies. They want to sell at least 10 million and a game like the original Fallout isn't going to do that.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preload Plans
19. Re: Fallout 4 Preload Plans Oct 26, 2015, 23:30 Jerykk

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 23:19:
Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 22:23:
This game is sure to have some amazing day one review scores!

I'll be waiting to see what comes up on opencritic, especially with the BS going on with metacritic these days.

Not sure what you're expecting. When was the last time a BGS game didn't get raving reviews and tons of GotY awards?

News Comments > Fallout 4 Ready to Roll
30. Re: Fallout 4 Ready to Roll Oct 26, 2015, 03:07 Jerykk

Dacron wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 04:56:
jimnms wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 20:41:
Looks like I'm going to pass on this unless they release some real footage to change my mind. I always liked to play the vanilla game first, then wait for the DLC and play it again, but I'm tired of having to buy Bethesda's shit twice because of their recent change in DLC pricing, i.e. releasing a complete/ultimate/GOTY/WTFEver Edition and marking up the individual DLC prices. Not this time, I'll just wait for that complete package and a good discount.

It's not helping that I've got shit going on with my right arm which is preventing me from using the mouse, and it's taking it's sweet fucking time to heal. I had just started a new game of FNV with a shit ton of mods, but didn't get too far when this happened. When I'm healed up, I'll finish that, and then I've got an ass load of games I still need to play.

I've always found their DLC lackluster compared to their main games. It's the one thing I normally pass on ( I think I have 2 dlc total for skyrim, fallout 3 and new vegas which there are likely 12+ available) from them, their games are usually so large and encompassing that their DLCs seem like a bad forethought comparatively.

The DLC for FO3 was pretty mediocre. The DLC for FNV was great. Great writing, great characters, great lore, nice variety of scenery. Hell, I think I put 70+ hours into the DLC alone.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday
16. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 01:06 Jerykk

Vall Forran wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 22:20:
I never had any issues with this game. New pc ftw?

It seems like people with ATI cards or less than 16 gigs of RAM had the most issues. With a few ini tweaks, my experience was pretty solid. There was occasional hitching but nothing nearly as bad as what I've seen on Youtube.

On a side note, the DLC looks pretty underwhelming. $40 for the season pass which includes a bunch of skins, a handful of generic Challenges and a few one-hour (or less) story missions. The Hearts of Stone DLC for Witcher 3 was only $10 and contains more substance and quality than all of the Arkham Knight DLC combined.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Ready to Roll
26. Re: Fallout 4 Ready to Roll Oct 24, 2015, 05:04 Jerykk

InBlack wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 04:29:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 22:37:
If it's not region locked then it's game on, haven't heard on this one but I wouldn't be surprised if it were region locked.

Why would a single player game be region locked?

What does SP or MP have to do with region locking? Region locking exists so publishers/developers can have different pricing in different regions and not have to worry about cheap imports. Games in Russia and South America tend to be significantly cheaper than in the U.S. due to their poor economies. Without region locking, U.S. customers could buy keys from Russia or South America for a fraction of the U.S. prices, undermining regional sales in the U.S.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies
12. Re: Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies Oct 23, 2015, 23:02 Jerykk

Cutter wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 19:53:
Given what a disappointment the game was they won't see sales like that again. And it's PoE, Path of Exile is PoEx.

Hmm... a quick glance at Metacritic shows a critic average of 89 and a user average of 8.4. On Steam, almost 5000 people gave PoE a positive review, with the overall rating being "Very Positive." Given these facts, I fail to see how PoE is a disappointment.

On a more relevant note, these numbers seem low. According to SteamSpy, there are about 550k owners on Steam alone. Throw in GOG and I'd expect total sales to be at least 600k.

News Comments > Halo 5 PC Possibilities
14. Re: Halo 5 PC Possibilities Oct 23, 2015, 12:28 Jerykk

Kajetan wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 11:14:
Theo wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 11:12:
to be fair since windows 10, they have at least commited to killer instict comming to PC with cross platform play with the xbone, and as a fighting game fan, i am happy about that.
That does not count!

MS will only port games they don't really care about (GoW 1, Fable Legends, KI, etc). Halo is their killer app for Xbox so don't expect to see it on PC anytime soon. That's probably the reason why they haven't rereleased Halo 1 & 2 on Steam either. They'd rather you buy the MCC for Xbone.

14603 Comments. 731 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo