Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14356 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman Console DLC This Month
18. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 4, 2015, 06:37 Jerykk

jdreyer wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 04:52:
Squirmer wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 01:25:
Rattlehead wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 20:44:
Bullshit, they've said on Twitter that there would be no DLC worked on until the PC version is fixed, and guess what? DLC released. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Actually said this on Twitter a week ago:

To clarify: PC is top priority for engine team but there'll still be updates for consoles too. Not all issues are fixed by same people.
https://twitter.com/Seftonhill/status/614555527830466562

Regardless of who is working on what and when, that's not how publicity works. Nobody cares that Studio X is fixing the PC bugs while Studio Y is making the DLC. All people see is that B:AK PC was such shit at release that it was pulled from shelves. To then announce the DLC for any version while the situation with the PC is still in the red is perhaps the best way to infuriate your customers.

Except the majority of customers own the console versions which don't have any of the PC problems. This DLC was announced before the game's released and WB planned to release it shortly after launch in order to discourage trade-ins and keep the game in the headlines.

I, like everyone else, agree that WB fucked up the PC release and that they should fix it ASAP. However, from a financial standpoint, it doesn't make any sense for them to withhold DLC on every platform when customers on two platforms are happy with the game and are looking forward to the DLC. People enjoying Arkham Knight on PS4 and XBOne don't really care that the PC version is broken, just like PC gamers didn't really care that the PS3 version of Skyrim was broken.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 3, 2015, 21:19 Jerykk

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 20:44:
Squirmer wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 19:02:
If you really think fixing the PC version isn't a priority, you're being a petulant baby. They pulled the PC version from sale, so they're passing up money every day they don't have it fixed. Of course it's a priority.

Bullshit, they've said on Twitter that there would be no DLC worked on until the PC version is fixed, and guess what? DLC released. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Rocksteady isn't working on this DLC. WB Montreal is. WB Montreal very likely started working on the DLC before AK was released. Rocksteady is very likely working on fixing the PC issues right now.

6. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 3, 2015, 16:13 Jerykk

The people working on DLC are primarily artists, designers and gameplay programmers. The people working on patches are primarily engine programmers. There's minimal overlap so working on one doesn't necessarily detract from the other.  

News Comments > Dead or Alive 5: Last Round PC PvP Features Still Missing
5. Re: Dead or Alive 5: Last Round PC PvP Features Still Missing Jul 1, 2015, 23:08 Jerykk

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 10:56:
More proof that Japanese companies need to hire help for PC ports.

What I don't understand is: what do they develop games on if not PCs? Why is a PC version of a game so hard to make when it's literally the only place they can assemble the game in the first place? This is a distinctly Japanese issue (AK being a recent exception), and feels like they refuse to do anything other than stumble blindly through the process. They even have the balls to put a premium price on it.

They write the code and create the assets on PC but they design those things for consoles. The platform used to create said things is largely irrelevant.

News Comments > WB Games Montréal New IP Referenced
6. Re: WB Games Montréal New IP Referenced Jun 30, 2015, 12:27 Jerykk

WB Games Montreal != Rocksteady. Two entirely different studios. I'm pretty sure WB Games Montreal is working on a Suicide Squad game.  

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Chris Avellone Stretch Goal
8. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Chris Avellone Stretch Goal Jun 29, 2015, 23:27 Jerykk

Fion wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 15:14:
So he's leaving Torment: ToN early too? Damnit Chris!

What? He's already finished his work on ToN. He just wrote one of the companions.

News Comments > Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans
7. Re: Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans Jun 29, 2015, 03:02 Jerykk

SteamSpy says they've sold about 40k copies on Steam, which isn't great. That said, the cost of living in Poland is pretty cheap so maybe those numbers are good enough.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report
12. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 28, 2015, 16:54 Jerykk

Tech issues aside, I'm enjoying AK, though the side-mission design is probably the worst in the series. In many cases, you're essentially doing the exact same thing over and over. Not a lot of meaningful variety. The core gameplay is still fun, which helps compensate for that, but I wish they had put more effort into the side-missions ala Witcher 3.  

News Comments > Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized
20. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixed Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 12:23 Jerykk

Lord Tea wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 12:00:
nin wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 09:25:
"TOP men."

Heheh good one!

Here's what I would've done: tossed the crappy PC port in the trash can, refunded all PC gamers and spent all the time, effort and money that is now being pumped into the PC version for a quick fix (even by TOP men) on optimizing the console versions.

Thankfully you aren't in charge. The game itself is fun and I enjoy playing it, but I wouldn't buy a console to do so. If they can fix the performance issues and restore the missing visual effects, the port will be fine.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
3. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 25, 2015, 23:23 Jerykk

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 19:36:
You know the game stinks on ice whenever:

1. It's Blizzard's new IP, I mean come on.. BLIZZARD!
2. It's a new genre for them (FPS)
3. It has supposedly borrowed from the Titan game

and yet... nobody seems to care one damn bit about the game.

Good lord that looked boring and slow. Like they captured the unfun parts of a MOBA and made them first person.

Speak for yourself. I think the game looks great and the only Blizzard game I've cared about in years.

Also, not sure I understand your MOBA reference. Overwatch isn't a MOBA in any way. There are no towers or minions or jungle mobs or leveling or equipment and you aren't trying to destroy the enemy base. Overwatch has more in common with TF2 than any MOBA.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 25, 2015, 23:16 Jerykk

There was a multiplayer mod for the original Fallout (or was it FO2?). Dunno how many people actually played it.

Making a multiplayer Fallout would basically throw everything that makes FO good out the window. No reactivity, no meaningful choices, etc.

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
38. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 23:10 Jerykk

JediPunisher wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 22:57:
I've said many times, PC games are best played on a PC and console games on a console. I've been burned too many times with bug-ridden PC ports.
BTW, the XB1 version of Arkham Knight looks and plays great on my desktop PC monitor.

You can keep saying it but it's still going to be incorrect 99% of the time. I can make a very, very long list of multiplatform games that are better on PC. Off the top of my head: Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, The Evil Within, Wolfenstein: The New Order, RAGE, Dishonored, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Origins, all of the Bioshock games, all of the Borderlands games, all of the Mafia games, all of the Mass Effect games, all of the Dragon Age games, all of the CoD games, all of the BF games, all of the Witcher games, etc. The list of multiplats that are better on console? A much shorter list.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues
22. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues Jun 23, 2015, 12:29 Jerykk

Performance issues on Nvidia cards may be grossly overstated. Much like Watch_Dogs, there is stuttering while streaming the city in but this is only really noticeable while driving (because the Batmobile is so fast). When you're not driving, the game runs smoothly.

The initial 30 FPS cap is strange but I figure the devs simply forgot to unlock it in the ini file. I unlocked it and haven't run into any issues.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted
28. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted Jun 22, 2015, 23:28 Jerykk

WaltC wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 22:18:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 20:38:
Well the baseline is the XB1/PS4 now, not the last-gen consoles. So they've been able to bump up the asset quality and complexity significantly.

...and that "baseline" is 100% AMD in both consoles, no nVidia anywhere...;) The specs sound ridiculous...I wonder how much they were paid to dump on AMD hardware in such a public manner...? I hope it was enough to justify pissing off at least 50% of their presumed market for the game...Very poor conduct & even worse business sense.

Last I checked, Nvidia was dominating the GPU market. As in, over 70% of PC gamers use Nvidia cards.

Also, these specs seem pretty reasonable for a modern AAA game. The 660 came out like 3 years ago. Any gaming PC should already have at least 8 gigs of RAM. CPU isn't very high end.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs
29. Re: Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs Jun 22, 2015, 23:27 Jerykk

LittleMe wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 18:42:
Drayth wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 18:03:
LittleMe wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 16:39:
Thankfully nv control panel allows 1/2 vsync framerate so 120hz monitor refresh can still be played @60 fps but that's a workaround, not a fix.

You can use NVInspector to set specific refresh rates per game. I can run Skyrim up to exactly 85hz before the world goes physics bonkers. Starts right at 86hz.

Yes true. My screen looks best at 120hz so I much prefer the 1/2 vsync workaround. Also I think it might help game responsiveness (no proof of that) to keep screen refresh at 120.

Why use v-sync when you have 120 Hz? Just cap the framerate at 60 and turn off V-sync. Voila, no tearing, no input lag. Your monitor will interpolate the extra frames and everything will look and feel nice and smooth.

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer
17. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer Jun 22, 2015, 23:07 Jerykk

The Magician wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 21:44:
It's funny, I never got more than 10 minutes into the first of this series because the animation was -so- terrible, -so- poorly done, and at the time it was being hailed as a graphical wonder.

I just don't get it. The animation was SO BAD I COULDN'T PLAY THE GAME because i couldn't stand to LOOK AT IT. And yet it went on to become one of hte hottest games of that year, and one of the hottest game franchises of the last decade.

Freakin incredible.

I think your priorities are misplaced.

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
65. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 22, 2015, 12:33 Jerykk

ViRGE wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 07:40:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 04:25:
The issue is that the game's premise holds little to no appeal for most gamers, hence the terrible sales. The fact that the developers considered Sunset a "gamer's game" shows a major disconnect with their target audience, which is again reinforced by the lackluster sales.
Now I'm curious, what would the crowd here consider a "gamer's game" anyhow?

It seems to be it would be something like Super Mario Bros/Super Mario Galaxy: heavy on the gameplay, lots of variety, and easy to play but very difficult to master.

I'd consider a gamer's game to be any game that focuses on gameplay above all else. Mario, Quake, UT, Street Fighter, Dark Souls, etc. Sunset? Not so much.

52. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 22, 2015, 04:25 Jerykk

Slick wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 02:25:
Kosumo wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 01:03:
Leave harlock and his meds out of it, I'm happy I'm helping both him and me by buying them off him for cheap.

P.S. I think Slick really hates what in his mind is most of use Blue's users (a sterotype), he does seem to be arguing with 'you people' which I don't think anyone else knows who it is.

alright, i'm just going to stop repeating myself. if you can't see any logic in my arguments, then leave it alone.

if you can't understand me saying "you people" then you haven't been paying attention. i'm talking to everyone in this thread who's poopoo-ed this developer for A) not being "AAA" mainstream enough, and B) for pre-judging a game that literally no one here has played. and C) for pissing on the wounds of some people who have just lost everything. if you can't understand that, then you like everyone else in this thread are totally immune to irony.

remember this thread next time you see a headline that reads: "blizzard reduces upcoming game to 4 classes to be more user-friendly" and ALL YOU PEOPLE go bananas about it, clamoring for more fringe titles that aren't afraid to "take creative chances" LOL

I'm not sure how you keep misunderstanding the reasons for criticism here. You argue that people shouldn't judge the game without playing it. Sure, I agree, except judgment of the game isn't the issue here. The issue is that the game's premise holds little to no appeal for most gamers, hence the terrible sales. The fact that the developers considered Sunset a "gamer's game" shows a major disconnect with their target audience, which is again reinforced by the lackluster sales.

Innovation is all well and good but you need to know your target audience and what they want. You take what they want, improve it, expand it, put a spin on it... but you still ultimately give them what they want. That's how innovation succeeds in the marketplace. Tale of Tales did not understand this and their angry rant isn't going to garner them any sympathy.

36. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 21, 2015, 22:27 Jerykk

Slick wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 22:07:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 21:05:
Slick wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 20:32:
Krovven wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 16:16:
if you had turned it into an RPG, it would have done much better.

yeah, they should have added character progression, weapon unlocks, a dash of DLC and a smattering of pavlovian-response gaming mechanics would have made this a blockbuster hit.

lol, i'm only half joking, you gotta admit that it's pretty funny reading this thread that are all being mostly negative towards these devs for making something that doesn't "fit in" with current gaming tropes.

then every other thread is getting mad at games that only try to fit in with current gaming tropes. it's lose-lose.

and has one of you PLAYED this fucking game? no. but apparently you're all experts on how much it sucks, and how they deserved to fail. from what I've read this game got GOOD reviews from the press, no? how heartless are you fucks?

Nobody's criticizing the game itself. We're criticizing the developer's rant about the game's failure. It makes them sound like they feel entitled to success. Other developers have made similar rants when their games failed and all were met with equal criticism. Tale of Tales made a game that appeals to a very small audience and it sold as any reasonable person would expect it to.

if you read what you just quoted me saying, i was pretty clear:

"it's pretty funny reading this thread that are all being mostly negative towards these devs for making something that doesn't "fit in" with current gaming tropes"

The ire has been almost exclusively towards it being an obviously bad game. Then they get good reviews, sell nothing, go bankrupt, and are sad about it. People are saying that it deserved to fail because it's bad, therefore being sad about going bankrupt is "over the line" and worthy of ridicule.

Almost every post is saying how they're too "hipster", or they're too "niche" in their game design, etc etc. you don't see the irony in this? how many times have you read the words "it's shit, they just cater to the lowest common denominator" on this forum... in the last week?

Now this title gets lampooned for doing exactly the opposite. I swear some of you need to start your own game development studios, as you obviously know exactly what the perfect game is, and apparently no one else "gets it".

Has anyone here (aside from Tipsy McStagger who posted his comment while I was writing this) actually called it a bad game? People have said that the premise doesn't appeal to them but that's not the same as calling it a bad game. I have no interest in truck sims but the Euro Truck Simulator series is apparently good if you like the genre. Sunset might be a fantastic game but it doesn't really matter if nobody likes the premise.

Playing as a housekeeper during a civil war in the 70's holds limited appeal. The sales of the game prove as much. There's nothing wrong with making a game with limited appeal but if you're going to do that, you shouldn't expect great sales. Tale of Tales apparently expected great sales and when they didn't get that, they shut down and wrote an angry rant. That's what people are criticizing.

Games like CoD and AC are criticized for lack of innovation because they get pumped out on an annual basis with superficial changes and no real resolution of each series' fundamental flaws. The key difference between that and Sunset is that critics find the basic premise of CoD and AC appealing. They just don't find the gameplay appealing. Apparently very few people find the premise of Sunset appealing so the gameplay is irrelevant.

25. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 21, 2015, 21:05 Jerykk

Slick wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 20:32:
Krovven wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 16:16:
if you had turned it into an RPG, it would have done much better.

yeah, they should have added character progression, weapon unlocks, a dash of DLC and a smattering of pavlovian-response gaming mechanics would have made this a blockbuster hit.

lol, i'm only half joking, you gotta admit that it's pretty funny reading this thread that are all being mostly negative towards these devs for making something that doesn't "fit in" with current gaming tropes.

then every other thread is getting mad at games that only try to fit in with current gaming tropes. it's lose-lose.

and has one of you PLAYED this fucking game? no. but apparently you're all experts on how much it sucks, and how they deserved to fail. from what I've read this game got GOOD reviews from the press, no? how heartless are you fucks?

Nobody's criticizing the game itself. We're criticizing the developer's rant about the game's failure. It makes them sound like they feel entitled to success. Other developers have made similar rants when their games failed and all were met with equal criticism. Tale of Tales made a game that appeals to a very small audience and it sold as any reasonable person would expect it to.

14356 Comments. 718 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo