Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14065 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
74. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 05:11 Jerykk

Don't want to make you feel like you wasted your money -- because you haven't -- but everything on Ultra on my GTX 680 too, and it runs like a charm! It depends on The Witcher 3 now, but for now it does seem this baby can please me for another year or so!

We must have very different definitions of "charm." The framerate varies from 30-60 FPS on my 670 and that's with some settings turned down a notch. The game looks good but not quite good enough to warrant the variable performance. I'd say it looks pretty similar to Shadow of Mordor, except Mordor ran about 100 times better.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
14. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 18, 2014, 23:12 Jerykk

PHJF wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 22:23:
Got nothing to do with being pirated. Significant bugs/lack of FOV were in release code of game. The day-one patch is basically mandatory and is the reason there was no prerelease review code for the PC version.

And according to TPB, the day-one patch was still released to pirates before Far Cry 4 even went live today.

This. The newest crack apparently works fine. That said, it's still a hassle compared to owning the game legitimately. Having to go through multiple "proper" cracks before getting one that actually works is a nuisance and one of the reasons why I stopped pirating games. The absence of features like cloud saves, achievements, trading cards, automatic updates, etc, make pirated copies less appealing.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 16, 2014, 04:19 Jerykk

That review was pretty bad. At no point in D:OS did I ever feel that character progression was too slow. Maybe it's because leveling is an afterthought to me and not the primary compulsion. And he also complains about companions not having any personality or backstory. While that's true of the generic mercenaries you can hire, it's certainly untrue of the two companions (plus two more via free post-launch DLC) that have very pronounced personalities and backstories. His screenshots show those two companions in his party so I'm not sure how he missed that. Maybe he never tried talking to them?

In any case, lousy review. Doesn't even specify if he beat the game, which I doubt he did.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2014, 04:28.

News Comments > Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change "Any Time Soon"; DX10 Support Unlikely
46. Re: Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change Nov 15, 2014, 02:11 Jerykk

Acleacius wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 23:32:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 13:17:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 13:08:
Ridiculously stupid decision, much of the world is still experiencing recession.

8GB of RAM can be had for under $70. Or a 4GB upgrade is under $40. You probably shouldn't be PC gaming as a hobby if you can't swing that. =/
Thanks for the price check and PC gaming hobby requirements.

Did you put into perspective what you wrote? How many PCs currently have 8 gig of RAM, in comparison to all PC gamers? Now how many of those 8 gig machines, actually play Strategy games? Now as a PC Game developer, publisher and game system analysis how many games do you want to sell? Here's hoping you will enlighten us, the board members and stock holders on how you maximizing profits of you 50 million game.

Star Citizen isn't a strategy game. It's a space sim, a niche genre played primarily by enthusiasts willing to spend a lot of money to get the most immersive experience possible. Given the hype that Star Citizen has built up, I'm sure the majority of its potential audience are perfectly willing to buy more memory in order to play the game.

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
9. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Nov 10, 2014, 23:40 Jerykk

As always, the Nvidia-specific features (TXAA, HBAO+, PCSS shadows, etc) are super demanding. Turn them off and you'll gain a good 20-30 FPS.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 10, 2014, 04:49 Jerykk

Acleacius wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 01:49:
I'm guessing Alien and Mordor will get down to %40 off during the holidays, in a Flash sale at the least.

Eh, I'd be surprised if it was more than 33% off. The games did relatively well and haven't been out that long.

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
36. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 9, 2014, 19:44 Jerykk

Slick wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 07:01:
KilrathiAce wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 21:40:
I hope they are removed, I want steam to be UBI free.

i think you mean ubi to be steam free

No, I'd be super happy if Ubisoft ditched Uplay and switched to Steamworks. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of gamers would share that sentiment.

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
97. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 9, 2014, 19:39 Jerykk

It's also worth noting that Origin's user growth rate will drop considerably over time. All the people who installed it for Battlefield, Dragon Age or Mass Effect will no longer be contributing to those numbers and there's really no reason to install Origin except to play the exclusives.

That's the key difference between Steam and Uplay/Origin. People choose to install Steam because they've heard good things about it. People only install Uplay/Origin because they have to.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 9, 2014, 16:22 Jerykk

Cool aesthetic but didn't seem like much of a game. The bulk of the gameplay seemed to be limited to retro minigames and I hate minigames.  

95. Re: Into the Black Nov 8, 2014, 14:49 Jerykk

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 01:10:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 23:06:
And if those games were on Steam, they would have sold even more. You can't argue that Steam isn't the largest distributor of PC games and you can't argue that being on Steam wouldn't increase sales.

You'll need to provide evidence that a significant number of gamers will completely boycott Origin only releases before you can argue it would hurt sales. The few people here who do so are not a meaningful statistic.

The last reported user count for Origin was 50 million users. The last reported user count for Steam was 100 million. Granted, the Steam numbers are more recent but I think it's safe to assume that Steam has at least 50% more users than Origin.

I'm not arguing that Origin is on par with Steam, because it's not. The fact that you can't port an Origin game from one system to another will always make it a million percent inferior for me. But if it was really costing EA that much money, they'd have caved by now, or faced shareholder revolt.

Not necessarily. If shareholders think that Origin will generate profit in the long-term, they'll tolerate short-term losses. Look at consoles. It took years for the PS3 and X360 to become profitable. Amazon's new hardware initiatives like the FireTV and Fire Phone are costing Amazon plenty of money but Amazon keeps pumping them out regardless. Companies are often willing to eat losses if it helps establish them in a new market.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2014, 15:01.

90. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 23:28 Jerykk

Slick wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 20:37:
also i don't know if it's been mentioned, but eplay lets you throttle your downloads. as far as i know it's the only download service that lets you do that, which is a feature that they all should have.

also they have a support department, and won't lock your entire account if you buy a broken game from them and when they refuse to refund you, you do a chargeback.

really people, how the fuck is it surprising that a company that makes videogames, wants to sell them themselves? valve doesn't let other download services sell portal 2, or left for dead? why would anyone throw money away by only selling their games on a competitor's service?

valve saying FUCK YOU to 3rd party publishers is how this whole digital distribution thing STARTED. yet any other company doing the EXACT SAME THING gets crucified. geesh.

Research is your friend. Steam lets you throttle downloads. You can also buy Valve's games from third-party distributors, whether it be Uplay, Gamefly, GMG, G2A, GameStop, etc.

Also, nobody is arguing that Ubisoft should only sell their games on Steam. That would be stupid. That's why Ubisoft makes their games available to all distributors (including Steam as of today). The increased profit margins gained by exclusivity aren't enough to offset the revenue lost by not making your game available on Steam.

88. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 23:06 Jerykk

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:41:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:24:
Unfortunately, as Origin has proved, removing your games from Steam is simply going to stop many people from buying your games.

I don't think it's proved anything of the kind. BF3 and BF4 sold millions and millions of copies. ME3 was by far the best selling title in the series. Pre-orders for DA:I are the highest in Bioware's history, across all platforms.

It's obviously working well enough that EA is sticking with it.

And if those games were on Steam, they would have sold even more. You can't argue that Steam isn't the largest distributor of PC games and you can't argue that being on Steam wouldn't increase sales.

For high profile sequels like BF3/4 and ME3, the lack of Steam presence is less significant as those series have established fanbases that will buy the games regardless of where they are sold. But for less popular series, the lack of Steam availability certainly has a significant impact on sales. Dead Space 3, Mercenaries 2, The Saboteur, Titanfall, NFS: Most Wanted, NFS: Rivals, Crysis 3, Dragon Age 2, Syndicate, MoH: Warfighter... all would be generating significantly more revenue if they were available on Steam.

EA accepts these losses because they're thinking in the long-term. They want to establish Origin as a competitor to Steam. Unfortunately, instead of trying to provide a superior service, they take the MS approach of bullshit exclusivity. Granted, Valve used the same tactic with HL2 but at least they've significantly improved Steam since then. Origin has the benefit of learning from Steam's mistakes yet it's still inferior in every way.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2014, 23:12.

39. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 12:30 Jerykk

Verno wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:27:
Omni wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:21:
Always this internet uproar when ubisoft or EA pulls something like this but the problem is people still buy there games/DLCs, The day people start speaking with there wallets then the companies might start to change for the better or maybe it is to late for that.

I think they do make less sales but what they lack in volume they make up on the margin so even if people speak with their wallet its a question of how effective that actually is. Obviously they want you using their store front where they pay no cut to anyone else and cutting out the market leader makes a lot of business sense in terms of building out your own platform. I get all of the business reasons behind it, as a consumer I just don't care about them.

Except I seriously doubt the increased margins make up for the lack of volume. Steam is by far (and I mean by far) the largest distributor of PC games in the world. Nothing else comes even close. A game sold on Steam probably sells at least 10 times more than a game sold on Uplay.

37. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 12:24 Jerykk

Omni wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:21:
Always this internet uproar when ubisoft or EA pulls something like this but the problem is people still buy there games/DLCs, The day people start speaking with there wallets then the companies might start to change for the better or maybe it is to late for that.

...and now that fucking rumor going around with Rockstar that they are gonna use some 'new' DRM.

What? There was plenty of uproar when EA stopped releasing games on Steam and there are still plenty of people who refuse to use Origin.

It's a bit annoying, but there were never any Steam functions anyway beyond the executable. I just wonder why Ubisoft is closing itself off from a massive market.

They probably think that because people were already using Uplay to play their games, they won't have any problems using Uplay to buy games too. When they sell games on Uplay, it's 100% profit, as opposed to the 70% cut they get from Steam sales. Unfortunately, as Origin has proved, removing your games from Steam is simply going to stop many people from buying your games.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 2, 2014, 16:38 Jerykk

MajorD wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 15:58:
Glad to see DayZ finally dropped off. It amazes me it was in the 'Top 10' for that long. Puke

I wouldn't get too excited. Once the high-profile new releases stop pouring in, DayZ will be back in the top 10.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition
35. Re: Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 1, 2014, 23:39 Jerykk

I've pre-ordered many games from GMG (including DA:I) and in most cases, they give you keys before the game unlocks. Granted, they usually don't give you keys as soon as pre-loads become available but you almost always get them before release.  

News Comments > Human Head on Prey 2
9. Re: Human Head on Prey 2 Nov 1, 2014, 18:22 Jerykk

Ray Ban wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 07:24:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 22:16:
I thought the first game was great and was looking forward to the sequel. Bethesda claims they canceled it due to quality issues but from what I've read, it had more to do with Human Head refusing to let Bethesda buy them out. I find that entirely plausible, as Bethesda hasn't published a third-party game in years and has acquired every studio they've worked with.

Except Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas

True, forgot about that one. Though, we all know how that ended up. I'd be surprised if Obsidian ever worked with Bethesda again.

News Comments > Evolve Big Alpha Underway
19. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Nov 1, 2014, 01:28 Jerykk

Caladell wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 01:11:
They just sent me 4 Steam codes. Have at em!

JFRVT-3D98P-BT7TA
JFRWC-48RGI-XYHBN
JFRWI-9EFT3-P4KPG
JFRWT-ZHENI-FC9VB

Thanks! I grabbed JFRWT-ZHENI-FC9VB

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition
15. Re: Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition Oct 31, 2014, 22:30 Jerykk

Icewind wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 21:50:
Privilege Age: Cisquisition

Wonder how many overly-aggressive homosexual characters will be in this one?

Also, enjoy not having heal spells.

I don't remember any overly-aggressive homosexual characters in any of Bioware's games. Zevran was technically bisexual and wasn't aggressive.

As for healing spells, their absence doesn't really matter if the game is designed around it. There are still healing potions and defensive spells too.

News Comments > Human Head on Prey 2
6. Re: Human Head on Prey 2 Oct 31, 2014, 22:16 Jerykk

I thought the first game was great and was looking forward to the sequel. Bethesda claims they canceled it due to quality issues but from what I've read, it had more to do with Human Head refusing to let Bethesda buy them out. I find that entirely plausible, as Bethesda hasn't published a third-party game in years and has acquired every studio they've worked with.  

14065 Comments. 704 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo