Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14204 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
64. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 23:35 Jerykk

Hump wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 22:44:
hmmm....2 great Diablo clones that share the same initials

Pillars of Eternity & Path of Exile

ah well....double the fun.

Trolling or just ignorant? So hard to tell these days.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
24. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 25, 2015, 01:26 Jerykk

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 23:18:
WaltC wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 19:13:
Flatline wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 13:54:
Well now we know what they were doing instead of patching the game.

No kidding. Unreal.

I'm sure a lot of this DLC existed before the game was released. Do you really think they called all the voice actors back into the studio just for a DLC? I'm sure there are at least two teams working on this game, one focused on patching and one focused on creating new content.

People don't seem to really understand how game development works. DLC like this is 99% content. That means designers, artists, animators, audio, etc. Patches? 99% code. That means programming and maybe a little scripting. Rest assured, there was likely very little overlap between the patch teams and the DLC teams.

That's not to excuse the slow patching or the lackluster quality of this DLC. I'm just saying that the two having nothing to do with each other.

On the bright side, at least they aren't using Bioware Points anymore. Now if only they'd stop using it for their previous games.

News Comments > Singularity Revival Teased
13. Re: Singularity Revival Teased Mar 23, 2015, 23:15 Jerykk

As Nuukee said, this isn't about a revival. It's about Raven streaming their previous games.

The likelihood of Activision funding a Singularity sequel is approximately 0.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
60. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 22, 2015, 05:27 Jerykk

Not sure why people are freaking out over the gamepad comment. It's subjective. Some people thought Witcher 2 played better with a gamepad and that game was still great (and played well with M/KB). I see no reason why Witcher 3 would be any different. The UI already looks better than what was in W2.  

News Comments > Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development
13. Re: Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development Mar 19, 2015, 03:02 Jerykk

If they had released ten games with considerable commercial and critical success, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be shutting down.  

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month
9. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month Mar 19, 2015, 02:58 Jerykk

When you say you don't have any issues, are you saying you get a stable 60 FPS? Because if you don't, that's the issue. The game doesn't look anywhere near good enough to justify the lousy performance.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 14, 2015, 21:33 Jerykk

Don't really understand why people review games in genres they dislike.  

News Comments > Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support
6. Re: Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support Mar 14, 2015, 16:44 Jerykk

Cutter wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 15:14:
Steam is DRM. No, what they should be doing is offering a stand alone - or via GOG - Steam/DRM free edition instead. In fact everyone needs to start doing that. I'm pretty tired of Steam and their shitty policies and lack of CS.

Steam is DRM but its benefits far outweigh its downsides. Cloud saves, automatic updates, achievements, trading cards, one-click installs, leaderboards, matchmaking... buying and playing a game on Steam is usually more convenient and productive than playing a pirated copy.

News Comments > Descent Reboot Kickstarter
25. Re: Descent Reboot Kickstarter Mar 11, 2015, 03:54 Jerykk

Not really something you want to be putting as a disclaimer at the bottom of your pitch. But that's just me. This shows lack of confidence on their part and gives them an out for when they don't deliver on their pitch or add micro-transactions or go free-2-play later.

I'm pretty sure all Kickstarter projects have that warning in some form or another. And really, if you're backing a Kickstarter, you should already know the risks.

That said, $25 minimum for the game seems pretty crazy. That's how much the minimum was for Original Sin and that was a 100+ hour RPG. Hell, Wasteland 2, Project Eternity and Torment could all be had for $20 or less and those were in more popular genres from established studios. The Descent brand still has some value but I don't think it or the 6DoF subgenre have broad enough appeal for most people to pledge that much. Offering the game for $10 or $15 pledges would have been much more realistic and much more likely to sway less nostalgic backers.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video
22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2015, 00:25 Jerykk

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 7, 2015, 20:17:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 7, 2015, 19:50:
Source? Pretty sure this is PC with an Xbox controller plugged in. As for UI, don't expect it to be any different when you're using M/KB. Just replace the Xbox prompts with M/KB prompts. Witcher 2 was like that too.
I have a friend who went to pax this year and I'm going off only what he said. They may have misheard, or misunderstood but as far as I know from what they told me it's the console version they demo'd.

CDPR dev confirmed that it's PC on high (but not highest) settings:
Dev tweet

Your friend probably saw the Xbox prompts and assumed it was the Xbox version, much like many of the posters in this thread.

Anyway, I think the graphics are fine. Are they as impressive as in the debut trailer? No, but I imagine that footage was recorded on a beast of a PC. Graphics are always downgraded as the realities of optimization start to appear towards the end of development. Having a fantastic-looking game doesn't mean much if it runs like ass on most systems. I'm sure the game will still look very nice at the highest detail settings.

Of course, we'll probably end up with another Watch_Dogs situation where people rage because the final graphics aren't quite as impressive as in the initial reveal, even though they're still good.

18. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Mar 7, 2015, 19:54 Jerykk

Wetworks24 wrote on Mar 7, 2015, 17:14:
I was super excited about W3 but it's been delayed so long that my enthusiasm has died down. I'll still play it and enjoy it but it's no longer my most anticipated game. That would be Fallout 4.

Part of the reason may be that I really enjoyed Dragon Age Inquisition and am not really looking for another long, open world rpg atm.

You do realize that FO4 will be another long, open-world RPG, right?

17. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video Mar 7, 2015, 19:50 Jerykk

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 7, 2015, 14:40:
Cutter wrote on Mar 7, 2015, 13:42:
Is footage from a 360? The graphics look terrible. The textures look like it's from a 360. Is there any footage of this on a PC with a proper PC UI? Otherwise I find this less than inspiring.
It's xbox one(shocking at how shitty it is isn't it?), and there hasn't been a PC vid in 8 months or so.

Source? Pretty sure this is PC with an Xbox controller plugged in. As for UI, don't expect it to be any different when you're using M/KB. Just replace the Xbox prompts with M/KB prompts. Witcher 2 was like that too.

FYI, they have shown PC gameplay:
PC Gameplay
More PC Gameplay

News Comments > New Overwatch Character Intros
2. Re: New Overwatch Character Intros Mar 6, 2015, 23:26 Jerykk

Pretty sure Deadeye requires you to stand still and charge before you can fire. That's how they're trying to balance the auto-aim and instakill.  

News Comments > Steam Link Announced
10. Re: Steam Link Announced Mar 3, 2015, 23:22 Jerykk

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 22:07:
What the fuck is up with all of that streaming hype anyway? Is there any other practical scenario for it other than watching let's plays while fucking your wife?

It means you only need one gaming PC for your household because all the other machines can just stream from it. Not so useful if everybody wants to play games at the same time but works well if everyone has their own schedules.

News Comments > Unity 5 Released
26. Re: Unity 5 Released Mar 3, 2015, 23:15 Jerykk

Kajetan wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 18:24:
bhcompy wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 17:50:
How is that any different than at any point in Crytek's history? UE has always been one of the top licensed engines simply because of the support provided.
It once was considered a valid competitor to Epic. Several big projects used the CryEngine, last of them Evolve, but Cryteks licensing business never took off.

I'm not sure if CryEngine was ever really considered a true competitor. I've been using it for a while and it feels like it was designed for making tech demos or Crysis mods. It's missing a lot of basic functionality and a lot of Crysis-specific code is hardcoded into the engine. On top of that, documentation is awful and since nobody uses the engine, you can't rely on community forums to help out.

News Comments > Unity 5 Released
12. Re: Unity 5 Released Mar 3, 2015, 15:27 Jerykk

verybad1 wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 13:29:
Good luck to them with Unreal 4 being essentially free except with a 5% charge after $3000.00 is made.

I really think UE4 is doing that to kill competitors like Unity 5 and Cryengine 3.

Teams that are familiar with Unity 4 will probably stick to Unity 5 in the future, but I can't see new teams going to it or CE3 over UE4.

The key appeal of Unity is the ease of use. You can make a game with minimal programming knowledge and there's tons of useful documentation online. That's not really true of UE4.

I wonder if Unity 5 finally has the power to make games that don't look two generations old. From what I understand, Unity's a joy to work with but everything that comes out on it looks so damn dated.

Unity 5 tech demo

Unity is perfectly capable of impressive graphics. However, creating said graphics requires a lot of resources and most small developers don't have that. If a AAA project with a $100+ million budget used Unity, it would probably look as good as the $100+ million budget games that use Unreal.

News Comments > Bombshell Details & Trailer
17. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Mar 3, 2015, 04:40 Jerykk

ItBurn wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:35:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:30:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 01:00:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 23:47:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:33:
i fully expect this to get torn apart, game looks visually terrible......

i think it looks kewl! definitely not a game for everyone tho.

i was just thinking how blasted d3 got for visuals......being it a d3 clone and all....

What? How is this a Diablo clone? Bombshell is a twin-stick shooter. Diablo is an ARPG. The only similarity is the camera angle and the fact that you're killing stuff.

Official word on the game is that it's an ARPG with skills and upgrades. http://www.bombshell.com/

From the site's description:

Brilliantly brutal isometric shooting layered with classic role-playing mechanics, including experience points, upgrades, side quests, and non-linear levels. All with a twist of first-person shooter mechanics.

Sounds more like a twin-stick shooter with RPG elements. Gameplay footage reinforces that.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: GOG introduced DRM to its shop Mar 3, 2015, 04:38 Jerykk

mag wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 12:58:
El Pit wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 05:13:
nin wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 01:07:
El Pit wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 00:23:
GOG has now fallen to censorship. With the introduction of the German website, they also introduced a geolock. Some games are no longer available for German GOG customers. Way to go, GOG! This cherry has officially been popped. So, thanks GOG, it's been nice. Don't call me, I will call you.

Wow, really? That's really disappointing...

Yes, it's unfortunately true. So, GOG games are still DRM free, but the shop is no longer. Geo-lock is the beginning of the end. Further down the road, expect them to turn into just another online games platform (JAOGP instead of GOG). G2A must be quite happy about that!

GOG wrote:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees.

What do you guys want them to do? They're not a band of law-flouting activists; they're a company.

Hey! Don't bring logic or reason into this! GOG are a bunch of traitorous, backstabbing whores!

News Comments > Bombshell Details & Trailer
15. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Mar 3, 2015, 04:30 Jerykk

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 01:00:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 23:47:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:33:
i fully expect this to get torn apart, game looks visually terrible......

i think it looks kewl! definitely not a game for everyone tho.

i was just thinking how blasted d3 got for visuals......being it a d3 clone and all....

What? How is this a Diablo clone? Bombshell is a twin-stick shooter. Diablo is an ARPG. The only similarity is the camera angle and the fact that you're killing stuff.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2015, 02:45 Jerykk

GOG could probably learn a thing from Valve about how to handle sales. This artificial scarcity thing doesn't really work because games either "sell out" too quickly (for good games) or too slowly (for bad games). As a consumer, I really don't want to check the GOG page every 30 seconds. It's much better to offer new time-limited deals at set intervals.  

14204 Comments. 711 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo