Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kevin Nguyen

Real Name Kevin Nguyen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zetler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 22, 2004, 01:13
Total Comments 130 (Novice)
User ID 20702

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Gothic 3 & SpellForce 2 Delays
11. Re: No subject Aug 17, 2005, 00:42 Zetler

Hopefully this delay will allow them to get some decent voice acting in. In Gothic 2 most of the populace sounds like a bunch of cowboys in a midevil setting.

Damn orcs, I hate those varmits! LOL. Not as bad as any of the Resident Evil voice acting but still completely wrong.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Microsoft Goes Digital
4. Re: No subject Aug 15, 2005, 21:47 Zetler

Unless the games on demand are actually cheaper than the retail price or in some cases, eBay, I fail to see the point.

News Comments > Logitech Gaming Peripherals
13. Re: No subject Aug 11, 2005, 22:43 Zetler

I guess it's not such a bad idea, having an lcd on the keyboard. That way you can remove the hud from your screen all together and just have your health/stats etc. show up on your keyboard.

How is having your health and stats on your keyboard a good idea? I mean unless you're a crappy typer you should never have to look down at the keyboard.

News Comments > Starship Troopers Delay & Demo Dates
12. Re: Cooperative Aug 11, 2005, 08:45 Zetler

If you try hard enough, you can see in almost every movie a "message". In the same way you could say that Showgirls (also by Verhoeven) is about the exploitation of females in a male dominated showbiz industry.
And even if Verhoeven really had the intention to show the drawbacks of fascism and a society that lifts soldiers above all others, than this doesn't make the movie suddenly "good". It's still a bad movie, with incompetent actors and bad dialogue.
That said, I still found the last 2/3 of the movie entertaining

Its a brainless yet very entertaining movie I agree. But the message of Starship Troopers? There is no fucking message. Whatever message there is only exist as a mere filler to next bug killing scene. I mean you have to be harboring some incredibly extremish beliefs to somehow relate Rico's adventures as a morality tale about the short comings of American foreign policy. Thats like saying Debbie Does Dallas is about the plight of over worked teens. People who make this kind of connection aren't just over-reaching, they're dumb.

8. Re: Cooperative Aug 11, 2005, 05:36 Zetler

Oh ok. So the people in Starship Troopers weren't fighting for the right thing? I don't know what movie you were watching but the bugs dropped a nuclear bomb on some South American country. Sure Rico also went to war to get chicks but maybe, just maybe he also joined because the bugs vaporized his parents. I suppose the right thing to do was to organize a peace march, yeah will show those giant space bugs not mess with da humans.
Now maybe if I'm on crack I could see the moral lessons between the bug war and the Vietnam war. Don't mess around in space because you'll into run bugs with hive like mind bent on destroying man kind. On yeah, thats exactly like Vienam LOL :0

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 05:39.

6. Re: Cooperative Aug 11, 2005, 04:39 Zetler

WTF are you talking about, Starship Troopers crticizes American war policy? LOL. First, Starship Troopers came years before Iraq, whatever political content is burried under the terrible acting and glossy special effects. The entire movie is nothing but an excuse to shoot bugs. The book was political in many ways glorified war and sacrifice, it reads like a freaking Republican bible...however the movie is nothing like the book. Overall you gotta be total dumbass to somehow think Starship Troopers is a commentary on American foreign policy.

News Comments > Falcon 4.0: Allied Force Patch
3. Re: 1998 Game.. Aug 11, 2005, 04:25 Zetler

Yeah graphics suck. I prefer my flight sim with wireframe because god forbid lets not take too many resources away from the campaign engine.

News Comments > Falcon 4.0: Allied Force Patch
1. 1998 Game.. Aug 11, 2005, 01:43 Zetler

You fixed a 1998 game to make it playable, yay. Too bad star "effect" when you fire a missle is still there. I guess adding some 2003 effects is too much to ask for.

News Comments > Steam Update
3. Re: No subject Aug 11, 2005, 01:40 Zetler

Low violence in games?? WTF!!?? Whats next, no more contact football??

News Comments > Rome: Total War Realism Mod
2. Re: ... Aug 3, 2005, 22:49 Zetler

Er, the change log is freaking huge. Its like an entirely new game. However this release is full of bugs! I couldn't even get my campaign to start, insta CTD at the campaign load screen. Personally speaking I would rather play the SPQR mod atm. Its stable and have just the right combo of realism and FUN!

News Comments > Down in Flames Demo
7. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2005, 02:59 Zetler

LOL a card based flightsim? Damn, put down the crackpipe.

News Comments > etc.
4. Virtual Taiwan is DOOMED!! Jul 31, 2005, 22:04 Zetler

I can't wait to "protect" Taiwan from American "aggression".

News Comments > 1C Game Delays
4. Re: Outfront 2 Jul 30, 2005, 20:58 Zetler

Whirlwind is delayed, doh!! I was looking forward to some aircav action

News Comments > Falcon 4.0 Lead Pursuit Patch
3. Re: ... Jul 28, 2005, 04:22 Zetler

Err this "star" missle firing effect is still there. I know this is a 1998 game but this is something they should've fixed.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
4. Re: QB Cones. Jul 21, 2005, 02:17 Zetler

it sounds like a pain in the ass if your qb sucks...if you compare like farve or peyton to anyone else it seems like everyone else is at a gigantic disadvantage and can't throw for crap...

I'm looking forward to this feature since last year I was able to turn lousy rated QB like Drew Brees into the league's passing leader on pro-bowl difficulty, grant he made the pro bowl in real life too but thats besides the point

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 02:18.

News Comments > EQ: Desert of Flames Beta Sign-ups
6. Re: Considering the release of EQ2... Jul 20, 2005, 15:59 Zetler

Not bad no, but they catered too much to the hardcore crowd so a "normal" player won't get anywhere. They're so afraid of the freaks hitting lvl 50 too fast they make it a grind on purpose. (Same with EVE really, and that's a DAMN shame since that was really the most memorable MMO. Alas...)

This is not true, its incredibly easy to hit 50 in EQ2. Anyone with a steady group or a healhy list of friends can max out quite easily. If anything the real problem with the game is once you hit 50 there isn't much to do but raid, raid, raid, which is incredibly one dimensional gaming wise. The adventuring aspect is pretty much dead at that point.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch
43. Can't play now :( Jul 16, 2005, 10:39 Zetler

1.02 is causing CTD at the login screen for me

News Comments > Tank T-72 Demo
15. Re: What a terrible idea Jul 16, 2005, 02:53 Zetler

Wow... this is such an aweful idea for a game. Why not "September 11th Terrorist Flight Sim?". What kind of morons make a videogame based on the adventures of international war criminals? Is there going to be an "execute the village children" minigame? I hope people will take 10 seconds before they download and play this demo to look up the history of the Balkans conflict.

True. This is why I'm unable to enjoy BF2 atm. The game forces you to play as either an imperialistic oil stealing US empire or the human rights repressing commmie regime of China. Of course the fictional MEC isn't a paragon of virtues either, I bet they're a bunch of Jews hating, women oppressing zealots.

Times are tough for a politically correct gamer such as myself. I turned to the UN game for the love I need but my team just stood around and pass sanctions after sanctions while the other team went on an ethic cleansing and WMD stockpiling rampage.

Oh well, maybe I'll ask Hillary Clinton what game she's playing atm...

News Comments > Warhammer Total War Mod
2. Re: Has anyone... Jul 11, 2005, 02:26 Zetler

The new models are really cool however the mod is still in the early stages so I'll skip for the finished product. With Rome Total Realism 7.0 coming up I would rather save the reinstall song and dance for that

News Comments > Gold - BloodRayne 2 PC
16. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 07:02 Zetler

Oh please people, frankly I don't see what the big deal is. If you like blood, violence, vampires, and boobs (who doesn't?) then this game is for you. There is no reason to get worked up over it. In the GTA series you play a gun wielding thug on a murdering and vehicular rampage, yet I don't see anyone here getting worked up over it.

130 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo