Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kevin Nguyen

Real Name Kevin Nguyen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zetler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 22, 2004, 01:13
Total Comments 130 (Novice)
User ID 20702

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
7. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2006, 15:57 Zetler

I thought IL-2 is suppose to be a simulation. The Soviet got their jet tech by looting Germany after WW2. So if the war still rages on in 1946 how can there be Nazi vs Soviet jet battles?

Instead of adding fantasy planes perhaps they should've given us a true dynamic campaign that isn't a complete bore.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 15:59.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ship Simulator 2006 Demo
5. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2006, 02:20 Zetler

All I gotta say is...why? Most of the big ships are slow as hell as hell, playing this game will be like watching paint dry. Unless you think surfing the wave at 15 knots in a curise ship is exciting.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeons & Dragons Online
10. Re: MIA? Feb 28, 2006, 17:46 Zetler

DDO is easily the biggest MMORPG let down in recent memmory. Talk about taking a huge franchise and throwing it away. Things doesn't look good for Turbine's other MMORPG, LOTR.

News Comments > KHAN Launches
2. Re: KHANNNNNNNNN! Feb 22, 2006, 10:20 Zetler

Oddly enough, my real name is Khanh, and yes. I agree.

News Comments > Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Preloads
16. Re: Value? Feb 15, 2006, 05:22 Zetler

Seeing how nobody play the mod version of this retail game even when its FREE, I'm gonna wait a while to see if the community takes of and have a little a staying power before I buy. Because this isn't the type of game that you fully enjoy with 20 players in the server, the maps are huge and the game just feels empty. Ideally this should be a 64 player game like BF2, 30 players might be ok but even then thats kind of small on some maps.

News Comments > Transformers Announced
21. Re: No subject Feb 14, 2006, 07:26 Zetler

OMG, no, no, no!! Those scumbags in Hollywood need to stop to stop raping old franchise to make a buck. Somethings should never be made live action and The Transformers is definitely one of them. I don't see how they could possibly make this movie work. For example the cartoon is very stylized so when cars transform into robots they don't look exactly like a car walking car. For example when an Autobot transform from a car into the robot and walks on his trunk, he doesn't look like he's walking on car's trunk. In the cartoon they shrink the trunk, took liberties with the shape a little and makes it look more feet-like to make the characters look more human and personable. The Autobots in these preproduction shots looks so freaking cheesy and weird!

It would take a miracle to pull this movie off without making it look like a high budget version of the Power Rangers.

News Comments > Gold - Dungeons & Dragons Online
27. Re: No subject Feb 14, 2006, 02:49 Zetler

As a MMORPG it is outrageously short on the feature list, everything you expect from a MMO is missing. Even basic like oh, say, an economy. Nobody talk to each other outside of grouping situations so there's no sense of community. As a D&D game it gets even worst, no gnomes/half elves, no druids, no monks, no spears, no polearms and huge list of spells that are mysterious missing. While nobody expect them to fully implement the D&D ruleset what actually is there hardly breaks 10% of what D&D have to offer. Add all these issues to the contents that someone playing four hours a night can chew through in about a month and half and this game appears to be nothing more than a pathetic cash grab.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
19. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2006, 06:29 Zetler

Jesus, what the hell are we suppose to replace all those health packs and medics with now that developers can't use the red cross to represeent health and healing? Maybe a heart?.I can't wait for my medic in BF2 to run around with a heart on his head. How totally ghey.

News Comments > Sunday Preview
6. Re: Pricing Feb 5, 2006, 23:47 Zetler

Have they set the monthly fees for this game yet?

Yes, its $15 LOL!! $15 a month to play a game that isn't D&D or a MMORPG in a tradtional sense. I don't think so.

News Comments > Pacific Fighters Plans
8. Re: Oleg is my hero Feb 1, 2006, 03:34 Zetler

IL2 in the air on the Eastern front, Red Orchestra: Ostfront on the ground. Unbelievable support from both developers, what's not to love

The difference is nobody play RO even when it was free.

News Comments > Red Orchestra at Retail
11. Re: No subject Jan 25, 2006, 04:50 Zetler

Maybe I'm missing the point here but when this mod was free almost nobody played it since any mod with the Unreal engine=death, so now they're going retail because....??

Unless there is an extremely dramatic improvement in terms of quality AND gameplay between the retail version and the free mod, well, whats the point??

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 04:55.

News Comments > MMO Closed Betas
3. Re: RF Online Jan 24, 2006, 06:53 Zetler

Warning!! This beta will install Starforce on your comp! So unless you really love MMO, forget about it.

News Comments > Medieval 2: Total War Announced
5. Re: :( Jan 21, 2006, 01:16 Zetler

The Total War franchise probably the best strategy brand today, only the Warcraft franchise and its spin-offs can even come close, even then there is nothing out there like it so I have nodoubt Medieval 2:TW will totally pwns.

My only concern is long time glaring weakness of the TW series...the STUPID battlemap and tactical AI remains unaddressed. Even with the mods and high difficult settings any average player can easily slaughter the AI on a regular basis.

News Comments > More BF2 1.2 Details
17. Re: No subject Jan 19, 2006, 02:47 Zetler

The Predator and other tactical UAV suffered a high attrition rate in the initial phase of Iraqi Freedom so having one shot down is not that uncommon. Its only when used against terrorists and insurgents who usually lack the AAA resources is when they are allow to roam enemy terriorty at will.

News Comments > Falcon 4.0: Allied Force Patch
11. Re: No subject Jan 16, 2006, 05:52 Zetler

To draw new players in a sim must have a certain "hook". I learned to play IL2 because it looks damn good and the damage modeling is absolutely captivating. F4 looks ok in the screenshot but all you gotta do is fire a missle to see how really badly dated the graphics is...add this to the overwhelming complexity and hundreds of controls makes this sim almost impossible for a noob to get into.

If you know nothing about modern avonics and weapon systems then forget about it.

News Comments > Air Conflicts Revealed
2. Re: HMMM.. Jan 9, 2006, 00:38 Zetler

Yup, PF/IL2 still rule the sky. Why cant' someone make a propsim that doesn't suck?

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 00:40.

News Comments > Call of Duty 2 Patch
1. What about AMD users!!??? Dec 23, 2005, 00:53 Zetler

So AMD dual core users get screwed??

News Comments > StarForce Challenge
4. No subject Dec 14, 2005, 23:43 Zetler

There have been a lot of rumors in the Internet concerning DVD/CD writers malfunction after installation and star-up of StarForce protected applications

This is a fact, not a rumor. Even if Starforce doesn't screw up your comp what it will do is make DVD access extremely slow. What sucks is it doesn't deter the pirates at all just punish and screw the comps of legit owners.

Starforce is EVIL!! Don't buy games with Starforce.

News Comments > Madden NFL 06 Patch
4. Re: No subject Dec 7, 2005, 00:42 Zetler

Madden 2006 sucks and thats a fact.

News Comments > New Day of Defeat: Source Map
2. Re: No subject Nov 30, 2005, 21:37 Zetler

It takes 3 months for them to release ONE map for a game with four maps. Oh the savings, thank you Steam!

130 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo