Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Eric

Real Name Eric   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AirWreck
Email bosley.33@osu.edu
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2004, 23:30
Total Comments 77 (Suspect)
User ID 20633

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Jan 30, 2016, 17:35 AirWreck

I'm a fan -- loved Braid too. The game will allow you to run into something that seems really hard because it has a lot of rules/symbols that you haven't seen before, but if you skip it and keep going you will eventually encounter (I have so far anyway) something that highlights how just one of those rules/elements works. But I'm still early yet, there could be some insane stumpers in store.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2016, 12:31 AirWreck

For me it's not that the combat is the same, just that the combat is deep and fun as it was in dark souls (vs Bethesda) -- in both cases it feels like the developers took care on the most important/common thing you do in the game. They both offer an interesting multiplayer aspect as well.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release
8. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 11:02 AirWreck

Dang, site's not working.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 29, 2015, 14:38 AirWreck

Archon is the true battle chess.  

News Comments > Robocraft: Full Spectrum Combat Early Access
2. Re: Robocraft: Full Spectrum Combat Early Access Dec 19, 2015, 18:39 AirWreck

Reassembly is another take on this kind of game, but 2d and not f2p.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Dec 8, 2015, 20:39 AirWreck

And Angband was updated too! An aligning of the planets for true roguelikes. Anyone played Cogmind? Pretty awesome.  

News Comments > PC Shadow Complex Remastered Revealed
3. Re: PC Shadow Complex Remastered Revealed Dec 2, 2015, 10:58 AirWreck

Pretty good metroid-like game -- had an area that you get locked out of near the end so I missed one item, never felt like replaying. Getting ready to dig into Axiom Verge soon, wonder how it stacks up. (SC is associated with Orson Scott Card in case that's a problem for some, you know, due to the Ender's Game movie being so bad.)  

PC Gaming > Best HOTAS?
2. Re: Best HOTAS? Oct 13, 2015, 15:55 AirWreck

It might take you a bit over $200, but I was leaning towards CH fighterstick + pro throttle over Saitek when I was thinking about getting Elite.

This video has a decent comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceOdOytgT64

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2015, 09:26 AirWreck

My favorite answer to the question of "Why worry about space when x/y/z on Earth?": http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/08/why-explore-space.html  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend
17. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend Sep 11, 2015, 13:28 AirWreck

If you are a fan of these, Xenonauts was pretty good. Requires a lot of ground missions, but the base and air elements are more interesting.  

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
48. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 30, 2015, 18:04 AirWreck

I liked Scrolls, this is unfortunate. I would like to see a good videogame version of Android: Netrunner. Much different than Magic/Hearthstone.  

News Comments > Hatred in June
38. Re: Hatred in June Apr 29, 2015, 20:04 AirWreck

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 19:50:

There's a movie where a ladies cunt has teeth and goes around biting off dicks for Christ's sakes.

Vagina Dentata!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
255. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 00:20 AirWreck

Rigs wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 19:28:

...not the second part. I know he wasn't initially talking to or about me, the reason I said something was his nasty remark to 'DangerDog':

Krovven wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 23:17:
There is an FoV slider in the options. But I guess it's easier to be stupid or jump to conclusions than look for yourself.

I took that response the same way as you Rigs the first time I read it as directed at DangerDog, but on second reading I believe it was to JohnBirshire.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 19, 2015, 08:46 AirWreck

Big fan of Vogel after reading this, especially his comments about modern game design (Blizzard take note!). Even have a few of his games but haven't played yet. Probably going to get his newest one and start there.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2015, 11:18 AirWreck

The book (Under the Skin) is worth a read, although surprisingly (to me) far less surreal.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 14:39 AirWreck

I'm due for a Moon and Oldboy (Korean version) re-watch.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season One End Nears
7. Re: Diablo III Season One End Nears Dec 31, 2014, 14:21 AirWreck

I like this discussion of d3's issues:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15699780967?page=1

I wish there was more build diversity and that more skills were useful (or made useful by legendaries/sets).

News Comments > Street Fighter 5 Gameplay Footage
4. Re: Street Fighter 5 Gameplay Trailer Dec 14, 2014, 13:50 AirWreck

Slick wrote on Dec 14, 2014, 13:29:
couldn't be more underwhelmed by this game. looks nearly-identical to SFIV.

Guilty Gear on the other hand, holy shit. I've never done one of these stylized fighters before, i think this will be my fist.

Street Fighter IV was such a jump (graphics-wise only) over III, it's hard to do that again, agreed that I feel like I'm seeing more of IV here.

There's BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend on Steam that reminds me of Guilty Gear. It's not quite as weird.

News Comments > Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses
23. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 13:20 AirWreck

Please know that the decision to allow such an exception is not an easy one to make

That seems a little off? I don't care how hard it is for them to make it, it's their responsibility to take care of issues like this. Even if someone lost a single item in their stash that they haven't used recently. Use some of that prevented piracy money to pay for it.

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
104. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 25, 2014, 00:21 AirWreck

Axis wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 23:21:

No, it was very well received. There will always be pockets of noisy angry people who make waves because they can.

Thief 3 improved upon the original formula in all ways without eviscerating what made the originals compelling, and that sentiment was by far the largest piece of the opinionated pie at the time.

I had some fun with Thief 3, but didn't like it nearly as well as the first two.

On the plus side, the story being focused on the Keepers made sense and the ending (with the closing of the circle) was a nice touch. I also enjoyed using the new wall-hug mechanic.

But: The controls were awkward because of the third person support (getting stuck, difficulty collecting valuables in chests, missed "easy" jumps making noise), the hud was gimmicky and too big, and the tiny sub-level portions were a definite console limitation. Even the full levels were pretty small compared to the originals. The hag's story was similar to the Trickster's and lost some impact. The balance of the game with being able to collect items repeatedly in the city lessened the import of stealing (along with quickly collecting more money than you could ever spend, unless you were going on a non-dagger killing spree).

Pretty average.

77 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo