Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3353 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million
15. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 22, 2013, 08:59 Mr. Tact

I dismissed this with barely a glance when it was released. Looking again it appears to have a greater potential than I thought. The price is certainly right, might have to try and find some time for it...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2013, 08:04 Mr. Tact

Blue wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 07:14:
That's a sore point. I've had DirecTV for over 12 years, and my loyalty is rewarded by them only offering their cool new DVRs to new customers. Grrr.
Based on what I've read in this DirecTV forum (which I frequent) I would advise:

1) Keeping trying. One representative might turn you down, the next may give the thumbs up. There seems to be a quota system for reps. giving out discounts -- ie.. they can only give out so many per week/month.

2) Mention you are considering swapping to Dish to get the Hopper. Ask to speak with the retention group.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2013, 08:23.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2013, 18:58 Mr. Tact

Yeah, CBS Sunday night is the most consistent reoccurring scheduling issue for years now. Always wondered how much that impacted the ratings for those shows.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
33. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2013, 17:45 Mr. Tact

Hell, even as someone who's owned a computer since 1991 and made a living on them since 1988 I barely keep up. Just now my home PC booted (Win7 Pro) and I immediately noticed not all my normal start-up applications launched. After looking around some and attempting a couple of things I decided to just reboot -- on the shutdown windows couldn't shutdown explorer.exe -- OY. Fortunately, it seems to have rebooted normally, but I have absolutely no idea what happened.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2013, 13:03 Mr. Tact

The US isn't the only place that's hard to legally. permanently, immigrate to. Specifically I know it's tough to get into Australia, and I seem to remember some EU countries are pretty tough too, but don't recall specifics at the moment.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2013, 11:34 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 11:26:
Some of those detention slips are priceless. I love the girl who screams "I volunteer as tribute!"
The letter from the teacher saying the student should accept her teaching even though she admits she was wrong is fantastic.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2013, 11:03 Mr. Tact

Yep. Definitely been a wild night in Boston. Here is a raw video on youtube of one of the encounters. The amount of gun fire makes it sound like a war zone.

News Comments > Homeworld IP Sold; Kickstarter Refunding Pledges
5. Re: Homeworld IP Sold; Kickstarter Refunding Pledges Apr 19, 2013, 09:40 Mr. Tact

I have to agree that using KS to fund the purchase of an IP seems a bit out of line... but hey, if people wanted to give them money for it. As long as they were upfront about what they were doing with the money. It's moot now.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2013, 09:37 Mr. Tact

My experience has been HVAC and plumbing are two separate careers/businesses. I guess someone or a single business could do both. But initially it struck me as a "Uh what?" moment.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2013, 09:19 Mr. Tact

A plumber?  

69. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 17:33 Mr. Tact

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 17:12:
while republicans are more concerned with turning the economy around over social issues.
Tell that to all the states with R legislatures passing new abortion laws.
For the record I'm for gay marriage, If two people love each other regardless of gender what's the issue there? It doesn't personally bother or offend me, and really the only people on the right that it does offend are generally bible thumpers anyway and they certainly don't speak for every republican or conservative.
No, but they speak loudly enough to put fear into most of the Rs. Personally, I more annoyed at the tax advantage to have dependents. Why should the guy sitting next to me doing the same job for the same pay, be charged fewer taxes because he decided to propagate?
I'm right with you on SS btw, it'll be long gone by the time I'm 67 and I doubt I'll ever see one red cent of what I've paid into it over the years.
Yeah, my only hope is the economy doesn't collaspe within the next 10-15 years or so. Need my 401k and IRAs to grow enough to allow me to retire...

67. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 16:45 Mr. Tact

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 16:23:
So how does one answer to people who consistently either topic twist, or twists one's words?
I do however truly believe that continuing to go the route we are regardless of who's the current president, is going to be a disastrous financial nightmare.
Surely you don't believe that only people on the left play word games?

I agree with that -- we've been on the road to fiscal problems for decades. The retirement of baby boomers isn't exactly a surprise. My friends and I have been trying to guess the date for SS to go under as a passtime for around 15 years or so.

Frankly, I don't think either the Rs or the Ds have said anything remotely close to common sense. The sequester nonsense pretty much proved they are all a joke. The sequester was a reduction to the increase of spending. Spending was still going up, but not as fast as had been previously planned. Both sides were calling it the end of the world as we know it. The Right saying it would be the end of the military, the Left saying it would mean the death of the poor. Funny, no one was saying that last year when we were spending less money.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2013, 16:51.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 14:50 Mr. Tact

In other news, AAPL under $400 a share today... how low can it go?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 18, 2013, 10:05 Mr. Tact

Well, for the larger ones, like the inXile ones, it's no big deal -- they have finance people who can deal with it. But the smaller ones, yeah -- somewhat problematic.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 09:08 Mr. Tact

Ahh, the joys of home ownership. I need to get out in the yard too, but it's either been too cold or raining. High of 74 today, but it is currently raining. High tomorrow is supposed to be 47 (no, that isn't a typo). The lawn will soon be in the "really needs to be cut" stage...  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
10. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 18, 2013, 08:35 Mr. Tact

Enahs wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 08:10:
On my Lumia 920, I swipe up to unlock it. I am given with the prompt to input my pass pin, or I can just hit a button to call 911.

So if I was in a situation, and I was unconscious, and my friend with me did not have a cell phone, they could still call 911 easily on my phone, even if they do not know how to use it, they just need to know how to read.
Cool. That is a well thought out feature. I don't have a pin on my phone, I'm tempted to put one on to see if this happens, but I'm sure someone will come along shortly and answer your question.

49. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2013, 22:15 Mr. Tact

Either you are interested in purposely inflaming others with specific language, or you are interested in having a discussion. It isn't possible to do both simultaneously. Assuming you are actually interested in having a discussion, which is definitely open to debate at this point, it should be pretty simple to leave out the nonsense. And putting a carriage return after two sentences doesn't make it a paragraph.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2013, 21:57 Mr. Tact

*ugh* I've been looking for new frames for months now. Apparently the kind I like have "gone out of style" or something. Absolutely sucks.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2013, 13:42 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I said something along those lines a week ago or so:

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 08:18:
Seems like a larger than normal contingent of sci-fi movies coming out. Off the top of my head:

After Earth
Oblivion
Elysium
The Host
Pacific Rim
ST:ID

Not that I'm saying any of them will be good, just seems like more than normal.

43. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2013, 12:33 Mr. Tact

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 12:25:
Eh really tossing stuff like that in there only to get your panties all bunched up. If you really want to call that trolling sure.
Pretty sure that's the definition of trolling...

3353 Comments. 168 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo