Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3348 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 10:14 Mr. Tact

I agree, InBlack. Between the two, I'd take Oblivion over Iron Man 3.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 10:01 Mr. Tact

Oh, I don't know. I kind of liked "super paltrow". Although I admit it was more because it was such a different role for Paltrow than anything else.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2013, 09:45 Mr. Tact

So, I talked myself into going to Iron Man 3 over the weekend at the newly completed local IMax theater (it was the first movie shown there). The movie was fine. But I have to say I continue to be TOTALLY underwhelmed by 3D technology. I find it, at best, distracting. I don't think it adds to the experience at all.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2013, 20:01 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on May 3, 2013, 19:39:
That bipedalism article looks like either an April fool's joke, or an Onion article. Hard to believe adults would walk like that.
If so, it's a long running joke -- I recall seeing articles on these people before.

4. Re: 90 year old does double backflip May 3, 2013, 09:34 Mr. Tact

While perhaps not what most were expecting, I still have to say I hope I am that energetic and spry at age 90....  

News Comments > Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts
24. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 3, 2013, 08:45 Mr. Tact

I've haven't gotten around to watching Firefly (it's in the Netflix queue), and frankly at this point there is no way it can live up to the hype so many people have given it. Which only increases my hesitation to watch it.

The Defiance show is okay. It's not great, it's not terrible. There are a lot of standard, cliched, storylines, but I pretty much expect that on all television shows these days. It certainly beats the 47 channels of reality shows.

61. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 21:36 Mr. Tact

I heard there's a movie about Tony Stark saving the world, obviously it must be true.

Sarcasm aside, I'll say what the NY Times did when reviewing the film. Even if it was true, the math wouldn't justify not giving the vaccines to children. Doing that would result in so much suffering from widespread measles, mumps and chickenpox that autism would seem heaven sent. And since repeated studies have shown no correlation saying otherwise amounts to simple FUD, although to what purpose I don't understand.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 2, 2013, 10:49 Mr. Tact

I didn't download it, but they only claim it has 5-10 minutes of gameplay. So, I'm guessing you didn't miss anything.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
14. Re: Evening Metaverse May 2, 2013, 09:35 Mr. Tact

Well, as I said, I built a queue of 107 movies I wanted to see -- all available on DVD, and seven were available via streaming. Is 107 enough for a "good queue"?

My current queue is 156 (movies and tv shows) with another 54 in the "to be released" section. Unfortunately, since I don't have streaming turned on, I'd have to go through them individually to determine how many are available for streaming.

Edit: Then again, I guess not. Movies JD said were available for streaming show only DVD and Blue-Ray as choices even when I look at a specific film's page. Apparently the site is keeping track of whether or not my streaming bit is set.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2013, 09:45.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2013, 09:17 Mr. Tact

Wait, first they thought they would miss by 700 ft. Then they think they will collide, then finally they miss each other by 6 miles? WTF. So was the thruster firing actually unnecessary?  

12. Re: Evening Metaverse May 2, 2013, 08:53 Mr. Tact

I don't expect them to have everything either. But if the best they can do is 6% of what I'm interested in seeing, than streaming isn't viable. Not for me anyway...  

10. Re: Evening Metaverse May 2, 2013, 08:23 Mr. Tact

Interesting comments JD. I currently have a DVD only Netflix subscription. Mainly because when I resigned up around 7 months ago, after making a queue of 107 movies, exactly seven of them were available via streaming. It's possible it's gotten better over the last year, but I'm guessing it's highly varied based on your tastes.  

News Comments > Browser Games from Notch and Broussard
9. Re: Browser Games from Notch and Broussard May 1, 2013, 15:39 Mr. Tact

A typing game? It took him 48 hours to make a typing game? Whatever.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 1, 2013, 11:37 Mr. Tact

Looking around it seems 3840x2160 is Quad Full HD; and 4096x2160 is being called 4K. And yeah, considering current HD is referred to by the horizontal resolution, namely 720 or 1080, calling either of those standards 4K is a straight up marketing lie. Not that I was really paying attention to it anyway. And despite naysayers commenting it's completely unnecessary, I'm sure it will reach the TV showrooms eventually.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 1, 2013, 11:10 Mr. Tact

While I agree that many companies do questionable things to avoid paying taxes, Apple's bond sale doesn't quite qualify in my book. They have simply delayed any taxes resulting from returning overseas profits to the US, they haven't really avoided them, yet.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2013, 09:34 Mr. Tact

8" to 12" of snow in some parts of Colorado, 5-8 in Denver. Welcome to May!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 1, 2013, 09:30 Mr. Tact

I have to admit significant amusement on my part at the hijinks around Pirate Bay. All this media coverage can't be anything but good for their business.  

News Comments > Torment Kickstarter Makes Final Goal
14. Re: Torment Kickstarter Makes Final Goal May 1, 2013, 09:21 Mr. Tact

Well, I'm glad they made it. I actually insanely attempted to help by upping my pledge, but their instructions on how to upgrade on their site were useless since they haven't imported the KS pledges into their site logins yet. Hence, I wasn't able to get to the "upgrade" option. Here's to hoping they get a bit more organized soon...  

57. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2013, 08:54 Mr. Tact

Good luck in resolving your problems, Half Elf.

I've recently been considering doing a preemptive replacement of the power supply in my work PC. I've already replaced the memory (upgraded from 1G to 4G) and the hard drive. The PC is nearing it's 7th birthday, and while having it die wouldn't cause a great loss in of itself -- I simply want to avoid the hassle it would cause...

51. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2013, 21:55 Mr. Tact

Cutter, your signature suddenly seems much more appropriate than I previously thought...
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 21:16:
"Are you crazy? Is that your problem?" - Jack Burton

3348 Comments. 168 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo