Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3348 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
3. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 09:15 Mr. Tact

So depressing... was really looking forward to a great D3. Here is to hoping an expansion makes it worth acquiring...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2013, 09:05 Mr. Tact

You are right, it only made it to 399.89 -- not over 400, yet.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2013, 11:44 Mr. Tact

The easy answer would be it is set prior to the events in New York. But in a universe that includes the existence of Norse Gods, I think you could find a way to reanimate someone...  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2013, 10:36 Mr. Tact

I'm no OJ apologist, I believe he did kill Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman. IF (and this is a big if) what is alleged about the lawyer representing him in the Vegas trial is true, then I have no objection to him getting a new trial. However, frankly if it comes down to OJ's word against his former lawyer's word.... yeah, no sale.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2013, 09:31 Mr. Tact

Prez wrote on May 13, 2013, 08:01:
Apparently the feeling is that there are enough "lemmings" to go around so that losing a few makes no difference.
I agree this approach is disturbing, but unfortunately it is also not very surprising. I've heard it was an apparel factory, but I have yet to hear any US company names who had connections. Were they really no US companies using workers there?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 11, 2013, 17:33 Mr. Tact

As free as it's ever been.  

News Comments > Defiance Renewed
42. Re: Defiance Renewed May 11, 2013, 13:50 Mr. Tact

Yes. Here in the US, SyFy just finished broadcasting the first season of Continuum earlier this year.  

36. Re: Defiance Renewed May 11, 2013, 11:25 Mr. Tact

Isn't that what all the content producers do?

34. Re: More Big Picture Details May 11, 2013, 10:46 Mr. Tact

HorrorScope wrote on May 11, 2013, 10:03:
There are tons of much better TV content I still don't get to see due to time. Amiright?
Uh, I don't think so. I'd say the amount of watchable tv these days is a very small percentage of the material produced. Hence my willingness to put up with an average sci-fi show.

31. Re: Defiance Renewed May 11, 2013, 07:58 Mr. Tact

ViRGE wrote on May 11, 2013, 00:44:
On the contrary. A well seasoned sci-fi fan should be able to tell the difference between science fiction and a soap opera. Defiance may have guys in rubber masks, but it's definitely a soap opera.
Are you saying there isn't a soap opera nature to "Dune"? Considered by most to be among the best science fiction ever. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

As to the arch and the elevator drop someone mentioned, yeah -- that's bad/tacky/whatever. And I reiterate, even if Defiance is bad, as a sci-fi fan what is my other choice for current new television content?

I liked all the Stargate shows for the most part. Yeah, it was overly cheesy at times but overall I thought it was a good show. I was a bit sad when they cancelled SGU after two seasons. I was really enjoying the show.

This comment was edited on May 11, 2013, 08:33.

14. Re: Now you see that evil will always triumph.. because good is dumb May 11, 2013, 00:32 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on May 11, 2013, 00:08:
Hrm, sounds more like you just have incredibly bad taste.
Cutter, if you are saying the first season of ST:TNG was good, your ability to judge show quality, sci-fi or otherwise, is highly questionable. It took a good 1.5 - 2 seasons for that show to stop sucking. That's 30+ episodes.. and this is from someone who has watched every ST show ever made and owns the ST:TOS and ST:DS9 DVDs.

Even if Defiance is bad, you aren't much of a sci-fi fan if you are giving up on the show after only four episodes.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 10, 2013, 19:05 Mr. Tact

Spektr wrote on May 10, 2013, 09:20:
Regarding Paypal I hope they go for voice recognition.
Don't worry about it, won't be in broad use for a long time to come.

6. Re: Defiance Renewed May 10, 2013, 18:42 Mr. Tact

Clearly opinions defer, what a shock.

FWIW, I think it is neither terrible or great -- it's average. But I'll take an average sci-fi show over reality tv everyday of the week.

News Comments > Origin Update Adds Achievement Tracking
15. Re: Origin Update Adds Achievement Tracking May 10, 2013, 07:34 Mr. Tact

So, you are an ex-Steam employee looking for some payback or what?

I don't buy it. If you make a good game you can tell Steam to shove it, if you want to. Minecraft being an excellent example of success without Steam -- although I don't think Persson was purposely flipping the bird at Steam.

I suspect you'll find more Indie devs. who appreciate the pluses they get from Steam than ones who hate it for all the restrictions created by them. However, even if I'm wrong -- it's clear that Steam isn't required for success. Only having a good game is.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2013, 07:44.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Return Today
18. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Return Today May 9, 2013, 14:55 Mr. Tact

I think you are underestimating the complexity -- see my #12 post. Possible? Yes. Easy? Highly unlikely.  

16. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Return Today May 9, 2013, 14:28 Mr. Tact

The exploit was shown in a live stream being watched by 3-4 thousand people. Shortly after that the GAH was emptied.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 9, 2013, 14:22 Mr. Tact

LOL! The first comment on the password article is fantastic!

"I went to confirm this because I knew that my Charles Schwab password was more than 8 characters. In fact, I am able to log in by typing the first 8 characters correctly even if the remaining characters are not correct. They are truncating it."

12. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Return Today May 9, 2013, 12:56 Mr. Tact

So, if I had an item in the GAH, for an elevated price -- not that uncommon I assume. And the gold cloners bought it, do I get my gold taken away? Do I get the item back? Does Blizzard know what is and isn't normal market pricing? Theoretically yes, they could get all the gold out. In reality, I'll believe when I see it.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost
28. Re: Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost May 9, 2013, 12:28 Mr. Tact

Darks wrote on May 9, 2013, 10:23:
Did I understand you correctly when you said, you just canned your account and you had been paying for it since 2003?

Have you run the numbers on this? you paid around 1700.00 dollars for a game.
I would agree that anyone who played WoW for years (which includes myself) complaining about the Neverwinter Zen scheme would be talking out of both sides of their mouth. That does not however preclude others from criticizing the setup.

As far as the sanity of spending over $1,000 in subscription fees to play WoW for six years, as I did. My argument is on a per hour basis it was FAR cheaper than any movie I've gone to see in a theater. Some think that's not a valid argument *shrug*. Whatever. To me, entertainment is entertainment. It is simply a means to fill time. And IMHO, that is all there is -- filling time until you finally die.

News Comments > EA 10% Layoff Report Confirmed
12. Re: EA 10% Layoff Report Confirmed May 9, 2013, 08:56 Mr. Tact

BitWraith wrote on May 9, 2013, 08:53:
How does this equal massive layoffs exactly?
Gotta improve the numbers to get those executive bonuses rolling!

3348 Comments. 168 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo