Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3584 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2013, 12:30 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 11:40:
Capella wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 11:32:
Do they not make clock radios anymore? My wife and I each have one on each side of the bed. The one on her side is 20+ years old and works just as good today as it did when it was new.

Hells yeah. My GE clock radio is probably close to 30 years old and still works like a charm.

Mine is near 40, got it as a Christmas gift when I was in the 8th grade. It is also a GE product, if it ever dies I will cry.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2013, 11:06 Mr. Tact

My charge lasts 6 or 7 days, but that's because I use it so little. Two short calls and approximately a dozen texts in the last week.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2013, 12:04 Mr. Tact

Well, if the post is something you'd remove if it had been about another poster, then I have no issue with removing when it's said about a third party. That would seem appropriate.

The thumbnail images on the page are fine by me.

82. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2013, 07:40 Mr. Tact

Dades wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 22:15:
If you want to avoid them just because then whatever works for you, books will always be around so everyone can be happy.
It is not "just because", I don't see any advantage for me. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Now, maybe I'd feel differently if I traveled a lot, or some other factor which might make an e-reader make sense. But as it is now in my situation they are, in my view, purposeless duplication. I'm simply trying to discount this idea that "if you like books, you'll like e-readers". Sure, some will -- and some won't.

77. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2013, 22:01 Mr. Tact

I admit, it was a little bit smart ass, but thought it was well deserved considering every single advantage you listed was of no interest to me. I have seen several e-readers owned by others including paperwhite, and frankly I've never been particularly impressed. But hey, whatever floats your boat. *shrug*  

73. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2013, 21:28 Mr. Tact

Jivaro wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 19:50:
All I am saying is that there a huge upside to digital readers and I think some people who are holding out are going to find out that they enjoy e-readers much more then they thought they would. Particularly a paperwhite one.
Tell ya' what, buy me one -- and something to read on it, and if by some miracle I'm wrong and I like it. I'll pay you back and kick in another 20%. If I'm right, I'll ship it to you.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2013, 10:37 Mr. Tact

For those who might be interested, 70% off on Battlestar Galactica  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2013, 09:58 Mr. Tact

I suspect it's overblown. I'm guessing he assumed his wife would follow and just grabbed the dog. Only after leaving did he realize the wife was "snagged on the steering gear". *shrug* Whatever.  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Aug 6, 2013, 12:51 Mr. Tact

Yeah -- even for an old man like me hard to imagine living to 92...  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 6, 2013, 12:45 Mr. Tact

McGee: "If Id come out and said, 'I need $1.5 million' from the beginning, we would have been told that we were being crazy we were already told we were crazy! and yet, with the success that inXile and Double Fine have had, where they're asked for half a million and they get three, there is something at work there."

Yeah, the something there is your terrible reputation.

News Comments > Stunt Runner Kickstarter
4. Re: Stunt Runner Kickstarter Aug 6, 2013, 08:22 Mr. Tact

Can't imagine there are too many people who played the Lemmings games more than I did - for some reason they just caught my attention/imagination. Even so, I think I'll play the wait and see game on this.  

5. Re: Beam me up, Scotty! Aug 2, 2013, 16:33 Mr. Tact

So, according to students at University of Leicester transporter technology won't happen. Who woulda thunk it?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2013, 08:50 Mr. Tact

I gotta say, reading you guys talk about our politicians makes me realize I may not be as much of a cynic as I thought. Thanks for your support

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2013, 11:56 Mr. Tact

Yeah, most people simply are too lazy or get too many emails to do proper archiving. When we did the Exchange to Gmail change my PST was just over 1G, and that had everything important I had done from 2003 to March 2013. That took regular maintenance by me to remove large attachments and such. Kept my "deleted" mail for 1 year. Corporate Junk mail was also deleted after 1 year. But actual work orders I did and emails between me and vendors I kept permanently. And doing that was useful repeatedly.  

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
39. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 19:58 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on Jul 28, 2013, 19:48:
this isn't thin skin. Look at this topic. Anything anyone ever says to or about him is obscenely negative. That adds up.

then again, he does ask for it. No denying that. But I wouldn't call it thin skin. Every topic about him here has someone calling for him to die in a fire.

also not a publicity stunt, just him being full of drama and emotional.
As I indicated before, prior to this topic I didn't know him or the game. But I don't have much sympathy for someone who tells others on twitter to "kill yourself."

31. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 19:13 Mr. Tact

IIRC, Notch has stepped on his dick in twitter a couple of times. However, nothing at this at this level I believe.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2013, 19:12 Mr. Tact

* Opps, wrong post.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2013, 19:09 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Jul 28, 2013, 16:12:
I'm still happily using Outlook 2010, both at home and work. Does what I want it to...
I wish. I use to complain about Outlook sucking compared to Eudora -- which I had used very happily for years. Not that work forced us over to Gmail, I dream of going back to Outlook. *sigh*

29. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 19:05 Mr. Tact

What is Fez? Who is Phil Fish? C'ya, wouldn't want to be ya'.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 25, 2013, 11:39 Mr. Tact

Not sure what you are getting at, Bats. No report of any type of income by a company is an indication of what the shareholder will receive.  

3584 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo