Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3608 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 4, 2013, 13:32 Mr. Tact

I hope we do, I fear we won't.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2013, 11:11 Mr. Tact

The interface leaves something to be desired... no indication that you have picked all the games.

Edit: Ahh, there it is near the top -- faded. 16 of 16.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 4, 2013, 10:59 Mr. Tact

Hey, poker is serious business!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Credit Sales
67. Re: Star Citizen Credit Sales Sep 3, 2013, 08:36 Mr. Tact

Wildone wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 20:47:
where the fuck do these people get that kinda disposable income..
Being single helps, being irresponsible with your money really helps. Odds are many of the people who bought $1,250 ships, really should have put that money into a retirement account. That said, many people spend that much and more on lots of stuff. Hell, I remember buying $125-$200 bowling balls at least one per year back when it had my interest. Golf is good for spending money, never got that bug.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.0 Details
36. Re: Diablo III 2.0 Details Sep 3, 2013, 08:13 Mr. Tact

They deserve to be continually bashed for D3. Just because you work for Blizzard, doesn't make it less true,  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2013, 08:11 Mr. Tact

Quboid wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 17:15:
If this was in NFL, you guys would be all over it. Do you even know what a transfer fee is?
I always thought the idea of transfer fess was interesting. It sorta happens in some player trades in US sports, but not regularly and certainly not as part of the process. Higher ticket prices coming for someone...

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2013, 08:07 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 18:40:
??? We are only 8 members ?
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/bluesnews

Is that all of you around here buying GTA5?
Never played any of them, no objection to it, just never drawn to it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Credit Sales
34. Re: Star Citizen Credit Sales Aug 31, 2013, 23:33 Mr. Tact

It looks like P2W to me. I hope I am wrong.

The more I read, the less I am expecting. I hope I am wrong.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2013, 14:18 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 12:30:
Starbucks in Starbucks
That is amusing -- is the "your argument is invalid" from the series or a Starbucks theme or simply a non sequitur?

Edit: Nevermind, Google to the rescue of my ignorance.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 29, 2013, 21:29 Mr. Tact

Well, the UK certainly seems to have at least pressed the pause button.

After thinking about it some more, there may not be a good choice here, but there is definitely a very poor choice. And that would be the US launching a military strike without significant support from our allies and preferably the UN and/or several (many?) members of the Arab League.

Going this alone, is asking for the worst.

News Comments > SimCity OS X Released
1. Re: SimCity OS X Released Aug 29, 2013, 13:30 Mr. Tact

Haha. Initially I read that as "the stand-alone edition", and was like WTF?  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.0 Details
2. Re: Diablo III 2.0 Details Aug 29, 2013, 11:50 Mr. Tact

The check is in the mail...  

16. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 29, 2013, 07:15 Mr. Tact

Your link isn't news to me and doesn't change anything I've said. My point and stance is there are no good choices.

I know it's difficult, but consider this: assume you became convinced Assad is using chemical weapons. And death tolls start to rise -- 1,000 dead in an attack. Two weeks later another 1,500. Then, 1,500 two weeks after that. At what point does it become necessary to act against him?

You're right. The "rebels" aren't anyone we care to deal with, let alone run Syria. The problem is Assad is approaching, if he isn't already there, the point where we can't deal with him either...

14. Re: UKs secret Mid-East internet surveillance base is revealed in Edward Snowden leaks. Aug 28, 2013, 13:53 Mr. Tact

Lives are already being lost that have nothing to do with it. Civilians are dying. While "let them fix their own problems" might seem wise here at the moment, it's not always the right answer -- think WWII.

Granted, we are nowhere near those levels, I'm just saying there is a big gray area, not a clearly defined line. If you think there is, tell me where it's at. How many civilians, minorities, whatever have to die before it's an issue for governments outside Syria? The surrounding countries are already burdened by the refugee populations.

I don't want us to go in. At some point, we may have no effective choice. I don't know if we have or when we will have reached that point.

12. Re: UKs secret Mid-East internet surveillance base is revealed in Edward Snowden leaks. Aug 28, 2013, 12:02 Mr. Tact

First, I said if/when. Second, just because he isn't backed into a corner doesn't mean he doesn't feel like he is.

As far as I can tell, from the US point of view, it's a no win situation. No matter how much or how little we get involved in the conflict, we will be criticized by someone. Given that, my stance would be whatever we do, let's not lose any US military lives doing it.

News Comments > FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response
3. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 28, 2013, 08:59 Mr. Tact

So, this is the one that the release was so bad they closed it down after having it open for a while?  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2013, 08:54 Mr. Tact

Yeah, that happened to me once -- passing two vehicles at the same time, downhill, just as I completed the pass, there is the cop. Oy.  

9. Re: UKs secret Mid-East internet surveillance base is revealed in Edward Snowden leaks. Aug 28, 2013, 07:38 Mr. Tact

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 17:27:
One can ask the same thing about nuclear arsenals....

Do you really believe a dictator that remained in power this long doesn't know how far he can go and how far not? Occams Razor.....
Yes, well "we" (the US) have used our nukes. But that is neither here nor there.

How long did the Ba'athists and Sadaam run Iraq? Since the early 1960s? Sadaam used them. I believe a dictator who has been in power that long has difficulty understanding when he's lost. The concept is not easily understood by him. Would he rather the people loved him? Sure. But he'd rather rule with the Iron Fist and fear than not rule.

I don't think Assad would use chemical weapons casually -- "Oh screw it, just gas them." But if/when he was feeling backed into a corner... he'd do it.

7. Re: UKs secret Mid-East internet surveillance base is revealed in Edward Snowden leaks. Aug 27, 2013, 15:36 Mr. Tact

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 15:08:
And yeah, the whole Syria thing is a huge wtf. I don't buy for 1 second that Assad used chem weapons. What would he gain from that and what would others gains from that? Seems to me the only ones profiting are the "rebels" and the military industrial complex. And Assad is highly educated, he would NEVER allow chem weapon use.
Sarcasm?

I have no doubt Assad would do it. What would he gain? The same thing anyone gains using those weapons, generating fear in his enemies. Now, did he do it? I don't know. But it wouldn't surprise or shock me. Did you think he was collecting chemical weapons in order to not use them?

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
74. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 27, 2013, 09:35 Mr. Tact

No doubt this will soon be a GTA themed web-site. Or not.  

3608 Comments. 181 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo