Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3348 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2013, 11:21 Mr. Tact

Verno, you make it sound like you never eat at any fast food places. Do you really find all fast food unappealing? While I certainly don't eat at them often any longer. It isn't because I think all the food is horrid -- although I'll agree some of it is pretty bad. For me it's more of a, "I have enough problems keeping my salt and fat intake down.." issue.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2013, 10:08 Mr. Tact

Whatever, obviously food preferences vary widely. There are plenty of things lots of people eat that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. The prevalence of KFC would seem to indicate plenty of people like it. I personally think it's "okay". Been a long time since I've had anything there except the chicken strips which I cutup and add to white rice.

Fast food place I avoid -- Long John Silver's. Never eaten at one, and at this point I'd just rather keep my streak going...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 16, 2013, 12:55 Mr. Tact

Whatever. Google+, FB, Twitter, they only ever effect my life by hitting the headlines. So, I'll be glad when they all stop doing that.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2013, 12:29 Mr. Tact

DVR one, watch the other. What's the problem?  

News Comments > Steam Trading Cards Beta
3. Re: Steam Trading Cards Beta May 15, 2013, 16:09 Mr. Tact

*gag*  

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2013, 11:46 Mr. Tact

InBlack wrote on May 15, 2013, 10:15:
oh the humanity....I should have been a painter...
It is rare for painter to get famous enough while alive to get large sums for their paintings. And even then, it's often their "early" works which have large values, which already belong to a collector who bought it for a pittance from the artist.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2013, 09:49 Mr. Tact

So, I noticed and was amused that Star Trek (2009) was on FX last night just prior to release of ST:ID tomorrow. I was wondering, do you think that is Paramount paying FX to get interest higher or is it FX simply trying to pump their ratings on the assumption fans will want a refresh prior to release of the sequel?  

2. Re: 43 Things That Will Make You Feel Old May 15, 2013, 09:31 Mr. Tact

Great, as if I needed help in that area. A couple of the worst:

* Kids born in 1995, graduated from HS this year.
* Super Mario 64 is 17 years old.
* The "Rugrats" would now be in their 20s.
* "Home Alone" was released closer to the Moon Landing than to now.

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
46. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 15, 2013, 08:38 Mr. Tact

MattyC wrote on May 15, 2013, 08:34:
I don't mean to say that the game doesn't continue to have issues, but I doubt the RMAH is some super cash cow.
I don't know if it, or isn't. I would LOVE to know, but I'm guessing we never will. Remember, they also get a cut off the top when people transfer money off the account.

34. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2013, 08:21 Mr. Tact

Prez wrote on May 14, 2013, 21:56:
Hypersensitivity for the win!
That's how I felt. Yes, the remark might have been slightly sexist, but calling it misogynistic is over the top. And the remark was slightly less sexist given the context. ie.. as you mentioned she is a public figure who has profited from being attractive. And before anyone jumps on me, I'm not saying a woman can't be attractive without breasts. Personally, I rank a nice smile above a nice rack.

33. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2013, 08:15 Mr. Tact

InBlack wrote on May 15, 2013, 03:56:
Yeah, Ive been looking forward to this film adaptation for like...well since I read Ender's game like 15 years ago.
It's one of those books I read, really enjoyed but never read any of the sequels to. My understanding the movie is based on two of the books, the original and another which was written from the point of view of one of the other main characters for the same period of time. It has the potential to be very good. It will be interesting to see how much grief it does or doesn't get for closely following the books. Hmmm, maybe I should go back and read it before seeing the movie.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 14, 2013, 16:19 Mr. Tact

Actually we give them all grief here, stick around for a while...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2013, 15:08 Mr. Tact

Oh I don't.. Jobs certainly deserves significant credit. He was the visionary who knew what he wanted and drove his engineers to build it. Now, he didn't program or build any of it himself, but there's no denying it wouldn't be what it was, without him. That said, he was probably far more abrasive than was necessary to achieve what he did. *shrug*  

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2013, 13:40 Mr. Tact

Wow, on a random whim I went looking for an update on this story:

Homesick dev Chloe Sagal successfully crowd-funds life-saving operation

Which I learned about here at Blue's and found this report of an alleged suicide attempt yesterday, here:

Report: ‘Homesick’ dev Chloe Sagal attempts suicide on Twitch.tv

Edit: Apparently on reddit also as an unconfirmed/developing story.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2013, 13:13 Mr. Tact

El Pit wrote on May 14, 2013, 13:05:
Angelina Jolie's double mastectomy is a shock. It's like wiping the grin off Mona Lisa's face. I understand her fear, though. Her mother died young because of breast cancer.
With the doctors saying 50-87% chance of developing breast cancer it seems like a good decision. But I'm sure, especially given the nature of our culture and her livelihood in it, that it wasn't an easy one. Best wishes to her, a hopefully a long life.

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
21. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 12:06 Mr. Tact

PoE was a pleasant surprise. Good enough that I bought some extra storage tabs just to give them some money...  

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2013, 11:13 Mr. Tact

Your concern about inefficiency and waste has merit. I don't know how much Gates relies on existing organizations, and how much he builds his own. But I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to know that's an issue and does all he can to address it.

If Gates manages to eliminate polio, malaria or any other disease from the surface of this planet, I don't know how you couldn't see that as significant. Even Bill Gates and Warren Buffet don't have enough money to fix all the problems in any one country. It appears Gates has decided the best thing to do is save as many lives as possible. While you might not agree that's the best way to spend his effort. I don't think it's reasonable to call him "naive".

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2013, 09:52 Mr. Tact

Okay, I'll bite. What do you think Gates is being naive about? Because frankly, while I can think of plenty of adjectives for Bill Gates, naive isn't one I would use.  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2013, 09:32 Mr. Tact

I saw the 60 Minutes segment, haven't watch the additional coverage on the CBS website. The virus thermos was very interesting, great technology. His comments on Jobs were not surprising in any way.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2013, 09:27 Mr. Tact

My guess -- Verizon and/or AT&T purposely trying to fuck over the other in some obscure way. The protocols for messaging are not that complicated...  

3348 Comments. 168 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo