Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3348 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Memorial Consolidation
62. Re: Memorial Consolidation Jun 3, 2013, 08:53 Mr. Tact

kanniballl wrote on May 27, 2013, 20:29:
And read my post. It was a package deal from work. I didn't have much choice about the speakers, and only mentioned it because the $1,000 included what usually costs a stupid sum.

$1,000

27" IPS monitor (2560 x 1440)
Intel i7-3770
nVidia 660
16GB Ram
256 Samsung 840Pro SSD
BluRay drive
Crappy bose speakers
I'd take that deal.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2013, 08:36 Mr. Tact

Nice to see something useful coming out of Blue Waters. I work a couple of hundred yards from the building it is housed in. It was quite the effort to get it built. IBM backed out late in the process, after the building was finished. It has been a long road.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2013, 09:33 Mr. Tact

Well, yeah -- that too.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2013, 09:17 Mr. Tact

While I agree that scenario is within the set of things that is possible, I think the chance she is simply trolling the celebrity media is extremely unlikely. It's far more likely she is using drugs or is bipolar. And even if she is trolling the celebrity media, it only makes the whole thing that much more interesting.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 30, 2013, 14:45 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on May 30, 2013, 14:31:
His point is that it's small and portable, and he can take it with him anywhere.
Uh, sorry nin. His point is that a Rasberry Pi is small and portable? Discovery of the century! It is a stupid article.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2013, 11:03 Mr. Tact

I would assume it is his first slice of pizza in NYC. I agree I would find it difficult to believe it was his first ever. Frankly, I didn't even recognize him. Somehow I looked right past "Patrick Stewart" at the top of the page looked at the photo and tweet, and was thinking... "Yeah, so? An old guy would never had a NYC slice before. So what?" LOL. I really need to pay more attention...  

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2013, 10:56 Mr. Tact

And remember, this isn't some 16 year old kid -- she's 27. I wouldn't go so far as to say she needs rehab or therapy, yet. However, she certainly needs to start acting like an adult. She may have gotten more grief than she's deserved, but if she has it isn't by much. That said, as I indicated previously, there is a certain guilty pleasure in watching the meltdown...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 29, 2013, 14:33 Mr. Tact

Ozmodan wrote on May 29, 2013, 10:28:
I still think tablets are just a fad right now. You really can't do anything useful with them. They cannot replace a business users PC to any extent.
Well... not totally true. I work in a remote office and the last time my boss visited us, the only "PC" he brought to use during his 3.5 day stay here was an iPad. He could do everything he needed with it. He did have and occasionally used an attachable keyboard -- but for simple mail and document handling, it's all he needed.

That said -- to me the only use I would ever get out of it is doing a wiki/google search from my couch or while out drinking. I don't own one, and doubt I will any time soon.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2013, 13:58 Mr. Tact

PHJF wrote on May 29, 2013, 12:18:
She play's Emma Stone's ARCH ENEMY in Easy A.
D'OH! You are right. That's what I get for trusting my memory. My apologies to Aly Michalka.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2013, 11:43 Mr. Tact

I didn't know who she was until I saw "Easy A" (a pretty good "teen film" -- helps that I like Emma Stone), she plays Stone's best friend in the movie. Until recently she was a young, up and coming, starlet with reasonable credentials. Not a super star but certainly a known name within the Hollywood scene.  

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback
11. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 10:34 Mr. Tact

Hmmm.. interesting. To me, the article reads like Vivendi is having debt issues and is looking for a quick fix by selling Act./Bliz. It would be interesting to know "what's really going on." I really do think Blizzard will continue to be a cash cow for years to come.  

8. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 10:27 Mr. Tact

Yakubs wrote on May 29, 2013, 10:10:
That's exactly why you sell it. Dump it off on someone for standard acquisition market rate of 2-4X revenue and then let them deal with catching lightning in a bottle a second time.
Yeah, not what I would call a good move. Blizzard will be making money for a long time to come even if the connoisseurs of gaming here at Blues have long turned up their noses at their products.

4. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 10:04 Mr. Tact

Vivendi has said it want to sell Activision/Blizzard? Got a link? I'd find that surprising with as much money as WoW continues to pull in.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2013, 10:01 Mr. Tact

Bynes is my new guilty pleasure, replacing Lohan. Lohan is on sabbatical at rehab, so I need my fix...

This comment was edited on May 29, 2013, 10:28.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
23. Re: Evening Consolidation May 29, 2013, 09:47 Mr. Tact

Good job!  

21. Re: Evening Consolidation May 29, 2013, 09:18 Mr. Tact

LOL, has anyone posted this yet?

Xbox Every Breath You Take

News Comments > Terraria Content Update Plans
32. Re: Terraria Content Update Plans May 29, 2013, 08:42 Mr. Tact

Redmask wrote on May 28, 2013, 22:20:
The games code is a total nightmare, I doubt he could if he wanted to. You should see how ridiculous it is to make even simple changes.
Interesting, but not surprising. It was his first major project, right?

17. Re: Evening Consolidation May 29, 2013, 08:39 Mr. Tact

InBlack wrote on May 29, 2013, 03:41:
So when are corporations going to be liable for lying to the consumer? I mean can they really say ANTHING they want without any repercussions whatsoever? Since when did that become standard practice?
I believe the legal term is, "puffery".

27. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2013, 08:35 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on May 28, 2013, 17:51:
Mr. Tact wrote on May 28, 2013, 15:03:
Cutter wrote on May 28, 2013, 14:46:
The fact that the vast majority neither no, nor care is why I remain fully convinced that the species is doomed sooner rather than later.

Meh, won't end before my lifetime so frak it.

Are you a betting man?
I am. Unfortunately assuming I'm right, there isn't a way for me to place a winning bet I would collect on.

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed?
41. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed? May 29, 2013, 08:31 Mr. Tact

It is only disappointing because I have hope that Blizzard with right themselves after the debacle that is D3. I guess I'll have to wait longer than I thought to see if they can...  

3348 Comments. 168 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo