Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3523 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jun 3, 2014, 12:55 Mr. Tact

The "Trek Shake" makes an amusing appearance in this addition of Table Top Games on youtube.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Why Solar Roadways Won't Work Jun 3, 2014, 12:28 Mr. Tact

I suspected as much when I originally saw the solar freakin' roadways video, however I didn't take time to think about it. At a simplistic level it seems like a great idea, but in reality it makes no sense whatsoever. Too bad, I could go for not having to shovel snow off my driveway any longer...

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2014, 12:34.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 10:19 Mr. Tact

Excellent Jivaro!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
117. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed Jun 3, 2014, 09:39 Mr. Tact

Dude, where's the voice over? I want your commentary in your dogfight videos.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 09:07 Mr. Tact

Apologies for yielding to what might seem to some as sensationalist press but this one shocked me. Two 12 yrs. stab a friend over 19 times. Police claim they planned it for months and had a sleep over with the victim the night before the attack.

Crazy and sad.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 14:02 Mr. Tact

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 13:15:
The ridiculous part is that we scrapped the F-14 because it was mega expensive and had insane maintenance costs and manhours, and yet here we are again less than 10 years later with a fighter than costs even more per plane sucking up all our defense budget. (Well, not really since budgets don't mean shit, we just overrun them willy-nilly)
Funny how it works out that way, eh? I was a little surprised the F-35 is a single engine plane. I thought that was one of the big pros to the F-14, F-15, and F-18s -- twin engines. I wonder if the single engine helps with the stealth and that's considered more important now.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 11:15 Mr. Tact

Hey, if they could force the V-22 Osprey through they can do just about anything. The F-35 program seems obscenely expensive, but I haven't yet seen the kind of reporting on it that I remember seeing about the V-22.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 09:42 Mr. Tact

The 60 Minutes story on the F-35 last night was a repeat story (as all their stories will be until the summer is over). $124-156 million a piece depending on the model, and they want to buy 2400 of them. The current $165 billion overage, will be a drop in the bucket by the time it's all over. Currently the projected expenditure over the life of the program is in excess of $1 trillion. I figure you could safely bet on at least double that by the end.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2014, 11:02 Mr. Tact

Just following their nature, Cutter.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2014, 00:05 Mr. Tact

Calling the relationship I have with my northern neighbor "contentious" might be a bit strong, but it could use some work. There is a 10' hedge which runs the entire length between our properties. They have their back yard fenced in, with the fence being on their side of the hedge. Although I have never had the land surveyed I assumed the property line was very close to if not centered on this hedge.

One day last summer, I came home and noticed part of the hedge had clearly been trimmed not only on the top, but on my side. In a conversation which wasn't angry, but clearly not friendly either, I suggested he and his contractors should not be on my property without my permission. He claimed the hedge was on his side of the property line. No more trimming was done. The next time I talked to him was when he showed up at my front door on Oct 31st with white hair gel inviting me over for a drink at his Halloween party. Didn't quite know what to make of that, I politely said thank you, but no. We haven't spoken since then.

33. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2014, 20:29 Mr. Tact

Rossini wrote on May 30, 2014, 12:52:
The Clipper price actually makes sense given...
- The Dodgers just sold for a couple of billion.
- There were a couple of other 1.5+ billion dollar offers on the table.
- The ridiculously lucrative cable T.V. deals the Dodgers and Lakers recently concluded.
- The team is 'hot' with players Chris Paul (thanks to David Stern) and Blake Griffin coming into their primes vs. aging and injury prone Kobe and Steve Nash.

With a good T.V. deal, Ballmer has a good shot recouping his investment.
The Dodgers deal included a prime piece of real estate and revenue guarantees the Clippers don't have. Predictions of the Clippers rise have been numerous, and to date all wrong. I'll agree they have some talent, but for whatever reason, it's never been enough before.

However, you're right that if they do get a big broadcast deal, that will be a big move in getting Ballmer some of his investment back. And it's not like it's a big deal to Ballmer. The $2 billion, if reports of his net worth are correct, are on a percentage basis less than what I spent on my home purchase.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
18. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 11:17 Mr. Tact

Their videos look promising, but I'll wait for release and read the reviews.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2014, 11:25.

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 09:37 Mr. Tact

I thought the Tron sequel was fine -- not academy award worthy, but a good watch.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 09:35 Mr. Tact

Wow. Should have been a fire sale for the Clippers, instead Ballmer pays a premium. This is for the team only, well -- and a small practice facility. A few years from now, if not sooner, people will be talking about the ridiculous price he paid for the team and how much Ballner's lost on the deal.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2014, 09:28 Mr. Tact

I hadn't heard/read about the Soylent product previously -- reasonably interesting.  

30. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 23:17 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on May 28, 2014, 16:14:
Best estimates are that most, but not all, have been:
As a result of NEOWISE in 2011, it is estimated that 93% of the NEAs larger than 1 km have been found and that only about 70 remain to be discovered.
Wow, I didn't realize they thought they had found that high a percentage of the NEOs. I would have guessed half that percentage at best.

29. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 23:06 Mr. Tact

While I might agree with most of your sentiment, HorrorScope. I think you are giving Kerry too much credit by calling him a lair. He isn't that smart, I suspect he actually believes what he is saying.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2014, 23:15.

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 11:57 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on May 28, 2014, 11:46:
And if that didn't give it away, the asteroid was nudged off course by Mars, and will take 27 years to hit the earth.
Actually, that part could make sense... an asteroid in orbit around the sun, could pass Mars closely causing a change in the orbit which results in a collision with Earth the next pass through the solar system some number of years later.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 10:51 Mr. Tact

I have little doubt Kerry believes every word he said.

While some people might agree what Snowden did was morally right, that doesn't mean it wasn't technically criminal. Personally, I found his revelations only mildly surprising, if you had asked me if the NSA was doing that stuff prior to the announcements, I would have said something like, "I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me."

Do I think the NSA should have been doing what they were. Probably not. Do I understand the thinking that got them there. Yes. Do I think Snowden did "the people" a favor by revealing this? *shrug* Maybe.

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 09:39 Mr. Tact

It really is going to hit the Earth, it's just the NWO made them withdraw the report!  

3523 Comments. 177 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo