Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3563 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2014, 21:29 Mr. Tact

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 19:20:
I recommend checking out Pain & Gain if you're a fan of mid-90s Tony Scott movies.
Tony Scott has directed some good films.

Spy Game, Enemy of the State, Crimson Tide, The Last Boy Scout. Pain & Gain though, judged by the trailer, looks to be another Bay loser.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2014, 18:56 Mr. Tact

Saw a commercial for the upcoming Transformers movie and it prompted me to check IMDB for all of Michael Bay's directorial filmography -- and I think the only thing on the list I have any interest in seeing is from 1990, Playboy: Kerri Kendall - September 1990 Video Centerfold.  

6. Re: Naked Sunbather Causes Traffic Chaos Jun 22, 2014, 17:26 Mr. Tact

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 15:08:
I've always thought that Europeans weren't as hung up on nudity as we are here in the west (NA)?
Well, if she had been at a beach maybe that European nonchalance would have shown itself...

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2014, 09:47 Mr. Tact

Redmask wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 08:54:
People are unbelievably lazy.
Yes, yes I am. Although I don't buy Starbucks. I do hit the local Espresso Royale a couple of times a month for a iced mocha.

News Comments > Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter
34. Re: Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter Jun 20, 2014, 10:06 Mr. Tact

Wait -- I thought he quit twitter months ago? Isn't this story essentially a repeat? (Prior to the previous story I'm thinking of, whatever it was, -- I'd never heard of him)  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2014, 10:04 Mr. Tact

Has Chicago ever had one of the major shows? I don't recall that ever happening, but it wouldn't surprise me too badly.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 20, 2014, 07:45 Mr. Tact

Inevitable but still sad to see Computerworld go. You gotta wonder how long before the print format for magazines is completely gone. Books I can see staying around longer, but print magazines seem headed for oblivion.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
28. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 15:01 Mr. Tact

Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:34:
If you don't already own Divinity: Original Sin, that's an absolute no-brainer purchase - jump on it.
Don't know jack about it, but watching their videos didn't impress me enough to spend $32 on it. Maybe at $20, probably at $10.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2014, 12:22 Mr. Tact

This same decision was made in the 1990s against the Redskins and was eventually overturned. It might be overturned again, this isn't over. Even if it isn't overturned, my feeling is that Snyder has the bit between the teeth and isn't going to let go anytime soon.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2014, 14:48 Mr. Tact

I can't lie, I am a bit selfish. It's part of the reason I knew I shouldn't get married. But even if I had Bill Gates level wealth, I wouldn't spend $20M on a stamp. Although, thinking about it, I'd be tempted just to annoy people who think like you. Yes, some people can not afford to purchase a house. But how you got from there to it's because of people who spend $20M on a stamp, I have no clue. Unless you are claiming anyone who isn't disposing of all unnecessary income to charity is stomping on the population of the world. But seeing as whomever buys that stamp is probably spending a lower percentage of their wealth on it than you would on a PC... not sure where that leaves things.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2014, 12:56 Mr. Tact

Hey, at least the rich just spend their money now instead of using slave labor to build pyramids. Remember Cutter, you are probably richer than a vast majority of the world population, look how you spend your money. On computers and games! Hang the rich!

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 "Right Around the Corner"
7. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Jun 18, 2014, 09:25 Mr. Tact

RNG finally gave up the RoRG for me the other day. Got an "okay" roll. It helped, made switching out some set pieces make sense, my wizard can do T3 rifts now. Just a couple of more pieces and I might be able to get up to T5...  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2014, 09:10 Mr. Tact

You know I have assumed all the Transformer movies were bad, but seeing that honest trailer makes me realize I was giving them far too much credit.  

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
60. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 17, 2014, 14:35 Mr. Tact

You gotta give DS credit, he has gumption.  

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 12:28 Mr. Tact

Interesting, I'd heard that quote attributed to Einstein before and thought it was odd because I thought Einstein preferred the idea of a static universe. Looking around it appears someone named Frederick S. Perls wrote a book and attributed the quote to Einstein. In a previous book he attributed a slightly different version of the quote to "a great astronomer." Whether or not Einstein said it appears to be in dispute.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2014, 11:55 Mr. Tact

I wonder how much you could have made betting the Spurs to win 4-1 before the finals started? I'm guessing a fair amount...  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2014, 08:53 Mr. Tact

Ant wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 08:01:
Thanks, but not all of us are fathers like me even though I am an old fart.
Reminds me of something someone I knew in the USAF would say if you asked him if he had kids, "Hell! If you throw a stone in any playground in Missouri and you'll probably hit one of my kids."

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: IPv6 Jun 13, 2014, 08:17 Mr. Tact

As someone who works in the field I tend to keep an eye the IPv4/Ipv6 situation. Although I completely understand the need to move to IPv6, I am not looking forward to it. I type IPv4 addresses multiple times each day doing my job, having that be IPv6 addresses instead is going to be a painful change.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals
28. Re: Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals Jun 13, 2014, 07:49 Mr. Tact

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 22:46:
where is this mythical ignore button? I can never find it.
Click on the username link. Then on their page is another link to ignore them.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials
34. Re: Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials Jun 11, 2014, 18:37 Mr. Tact

descender wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 10:18:
In this thread, everyone finally figured out that games designed around grinding the "end game" content are fucking stupid.
There is a game that isn't like that? Hell, even SimCity and Minecraft have "end game" aspects to them. It is simply the nature of things. Sure, it's more so in some games than others, but in the end it is all like that.

3563 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo