Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3612 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 15:29 Mr. Tact

Yeah, sure -- says the man who is tied for 1st.

Remember Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game! HELLO!"

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 07:10 Mr. Tact

Damn, Carolina did win. Would have been tied for 1st if I had stuck with them. Oh well.

Edit: Oh wait, the site probably hasn't been updated yet -- some of those above me may have selected Carolina... So, probably two games out now.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2013, 07:49.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 20:57 Mr. Tact

I had Caroline picked all week, but I switched to New England. Why? Well, basically because they have, to quote a buddy, Tom FUCKING Brady. That and they had a bye week, giving them two weeks to prepare for Cam Newton. I honestly think the game is a coin toss. Who ever gets the tipped pass interception will win.  

2. Re: Football Picks Nov 18, 2013, 10:42 Mr. Tact

Another pretty good week for me, 11-3 going into MNF. I had two last minute changes that I split. First, I had the Dolphins, but changed to the Chargers just minutes before kickoff, resulting in a loss. But I also changed from the Chiefs to the Broncos minutes before that kickoff getting me a win. Moved up to 1 game out of first and the picks on tonight's game are essentially split 50/50. I'll have to spend some time thinking about tonight's game...  

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
32. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 17, 2013, 11:06 Mr. Tact

Ant wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 10:34:
I wonder how long it will take for WoW to become finally F2P.
Everquest only did it last year, and they had far few subscribers. It will be a few years yet...

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2013, 15:39 Mr. Tact

No amount of cushioning is going to stop the brain from hitting the inside of the skull. It is inevitable when the head stops or suddenly changes direction during fast movement.

It's difficult to predict what will happen. American football is embedded in our culture as much as soccer is in the rest of the world. I suspect they'll keep changing the rules, making it more difficult for the defenders to hit hard. Overtime offense will totally take over the game.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2013, 20:28 Mr. Tact

Blahman wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 19:15:
I don't know why more people don't just use ISO dates: 2013-11-12. Year, month, day. Sortable, sensible, simple.
The same reason everyone doesn't use GMT, which would make world-wide scheduling simple and sensible -- ie.. there is no good reason.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2013, 14:11 Mr. Tact

Week 11 is looking grim, several games that could go either way. Four people just one pick ahead of me... if only those gambling game picking sites were actually worth the money. (No, I've never actually used one)  

2. Re: Football Picks Nov 12, 2013, 10:33 Mr. Tact

An 8-6 week in a pretty tough week and I still end up slipping a position to 7th. *sigh* Hmm, not sure if I need to pick more upsets or fewer. Picked the Vikings and Eagles, which was good, but also picked the Bears which was bad.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2013, 07:18 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 14:31:
CoD must not be selling very well...can already get it for 48.xx at GMG.
You mean CoD Ghosts? If so, I'm assuming this is sarcastic. It sold a billion dollars worth of merchandise in the first 24 hours.

Edit: Then again, looking around... it appears Activision has been caught not exactly saying what we thought. The $1B figure appears to have been sales to retailers, not actual retail sales... so maybe you are right, Bats.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2013, 07:25.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2013, 12:42 Mr. Tact

Hmm, that seems to quite the missed click you have executed there, Ant..  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
36. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 9, 2013, 08:29 Mr. Tact

Moog wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 06:24:
Quit WoW a couple of years ago when they announced Pandas FFS!

If I were to be tempted back I would need *all* of my chars to be insta-levelled to 90 so I could completely skip the Kung Fu Panda content.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Even if it was 1 free and $5-10 for each additional, I might be cool with that. Do the free one, and then I could decided if I wanted to continue or not.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 22:54 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 22:07:
I've never understood raking leaves anyway. Don't they just dissolve in a few months?
Way too much mass. It simply becomes matted against the ground, killing the grass. If you used a mulching mower you might get away with leaving that on the lawn, but it could still be too much, would be on my lawn.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 17:09 Mr. Tact

PHJF wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:36:
My grandmother is hospitalized so while I was up there I raked her yard. The day after, it stormed and there were then twice as many leaves as before I'd done a damn thing. Fucking trees.
Hope your Grandmother is doing better. The leafs are your own fault, I never rake leafs until all the trees around the house have completely (or close to) shed their leafs.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
5. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 16:32 Mr. Tact

Is this the first expansion without a new race or class? I don't want to spend any time figuring it out. I'll guess, Spring 2015? By then I'll have been out of them game 3.5 years. Can't imagine I'll be pulled in.

To those still playing -- I hope it's a great expansion that you have a ton of fun with.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 14:52 Mr. Tact

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 14:40:
Blue, I have 2 words for you:
Mulching. Mower.
Yeah, I have one of those mulching mowers too. I tried this one year, and even though I usually bag my grass -- I know, I know, why get a mulching mower if you are going to bag the grass -- but the bag fills so quickly it's more hassle than it worth. Standard raking seems like less effort(maybe it isn't, but it seems like it).

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 11:02 Mr. Tact

Verno wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 10:35:
Of course the Vikings pick yesterday to actually win a game *sigh*
You mean you didn't get that right? Bummer. I was amused by the picking percentages:

_Everyone: 60% Vikings
Bluesnews: 61% Redskins

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 10:03 Mr. Tact

Well, since I have been burning vacation by taking Fridays off since Sept. and will through the end of the year, I guess mine is "TGIT".  

34. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2013, 22:44 Mr. Tact

Bats, cheer up. Minnesota is ahead, for the moment...  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2013, 22:26 Mr. Tact

I would assume being on the lower end of normal concerning your immune system would be all the more reason to get the shot. Imagine how sick you'll get if you actually get the flu!

Get 'em or don't get 'em, I really don't care. Just stop saying they cause you to get the flu.

3612 Comments. 181 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo