Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3526 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Boasts 65 Million Accounts
21. Re: Steam Boasts 65 Million Accounts Oct 30, 2013, 16:15 Mr. Tact

PropheT wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 16:00:
I don't know why you'd want 2 or 3 accounts anyway
I think there are goofy reasons to have them for the summer sale. I'm sure someone will pop in and tell us...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
710. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 15:41 Mr. Tact

I've been out most of the last two weeks dealing with a family emergency, and I have to say probably one of the best things that happened, was I totally missed this 700+ response topic which I'm guessing has about 50 posts worth reading. Thanks guys!  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 15:30 Mr. Tact

Looking around the web, it looks like bitcoins are on the way back up, over $200 again on some exchanges -- personally, I think he should dump the other 4/5 and find something a bit more stable.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Man buys $27 of bitcoin, forgets about them, finds they're now worth $886k. Oct 30, 2013, 15:01 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 14:21:
Mistake to spend any of that. Should have reinvested it into diversified index funds for long term growth. If you get a windfall, never cash out on the principal!
Buying real estate is a long term investment. If anything he was too conservative selling only 1/5 of his bitcoins. As the article states, the value crashed shortly after he rediscovered his bitcoins. He probably would have taken a heavy tax hit, but cashing in the bitcoins at $266 before they crashed to $30 -- would seem to be good planning in my mind. Obviously he didn't know the value would crash, but I would have guessed it was coming...

News Comments > Steam Boasts 65 Million Accounts
12. Re: Steam Boasts 65 Million Accounts Oct 30, 2013, 14:49 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 12:56:
I would imagine (looks at stats) that Steam is only 20 Million actual accounts. The rest are dupes and 2nd,3rd,4th accounts (see mess that was holiday sale).
I was gonna guess 5 million when you don't count abandoned accounts. Might be higher than that...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2013, 11:13 Mr. Tact

Good week for me, 11-1 so far -- Giants being my only miss.  

News Comments > WoW Connected Realms Update
19. Re: WoW Connected Realms Update Oct 27, 2013, 20:22 Mr. Tact

I started 4 or 5 weeks after initial release and played through "Rage of the Firelands" in Cataclysm, stopped just before "Dragon Soul". Thought I might come back for MoP, but never did. Miss some of the people, but not the game. I agree I'd like another experience like it, but I don't think it's likely.  

News Comments > Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident
29. Re: Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident Oct 22, 2013, 09:46 Mr. Tact

Even small corporations can act like the big dogs when it comes to being dickheads. Congrats Wild Games on proving your ability to act that way.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Launch This Week
24. Re: Path of Exile Launch This Week Oct 22, 2013, 09:44 Mr. Tact

Angrius Maximis wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 08:42:
This game sucks. There are about 50 fanboys that support it like mad dogs because they couldnt figure Diablo 3 out but thats about it
Diablo 3 sucks. There are about 50 fanboys that support it like mad dogs because they couldn't figure Path of Exile out, but that's about it.

Sorry everyone, couldn't resist

News Comments > Path of Exile Launch This Week
21. Re: Path of Exile Launch This Week Oct 22, 2013, 08:23 Mr. Tact

I played it for a month or two this summer. It was enjoyable enough that I purchased some additional stash space just to reward them. Not sure I'll pick it up again after release though..  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 14:51 Mr. Tact

Charlie Freaking Sheen. I don't know whether to laugh at him or wish I was him.

Bats -- They got you a brand new QB, what are you complaining about?

News Comments > Cyan Kickstarting Obduction
11. Re: Cyan Kickstarting Obduction Oct 17, 2013, 14:46 Mr. Tact

I don't think I said it "out loud" but this is something I was kinda expecting...  

News Comments > DICE: Linux Needs "One Killer App or Game"
41. Re: DICE: Linux Needs Oct 14, 2013, 13:41 Mr. Tact

Slashman wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 10:24:
Most people who have problems with Windows 7 systems, are responsible for their own issues. Bad surfing habits. Installing every program without ever looking at install options(hey...let everything run at startup even if you'll never use it! Totally makes your system speedier!)

I've been using my current Win7 installation for years. It's just as fast as ever and I've moved it across at least 3 generations of hardware. I do minimal maintenance apart from a weekly deep malware scan(which never finds anything because I don't install crap) registry clean and general system cleanup.
I agree that 90%+ of the problems are bad user actions. But even experienced users get weird issues sometimes. Just this weekend I had a dll issue pop up relating to using an older version of Office. Now I'm sure something I did caused the problem, but I'm not installing stuff off random websites. In fact, other than Windows updates it's been a while since I installed anything. A Google search shows me it's not an uncommon problem, although in my case the simple solution didn't resolve the problem (doing a System File Check "sfc" scan of the system/registry). I'm not looking forward to my second pass at attempting a fix.

News Comments > DICE: Linux Needs "One Killer App or Game"
38. Re: DICE: Linux Needs Oct 14, 2013, 09:23 Mr. Tact

I've made a living working on computers since around 1988 and I have long had a dislike of MS Windows. That said, I have used it as my main OS since the day Quake came out and required it.

I'd be willing to switch to a linux desktop if I could get the same amount of functionality for the same amount of effort. Each time I have investigated the possibilities it didn't seem linux was up to that standard.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2013, 08:36 Mr. Tact

1badmf wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 23:31:
12-1 so far this week =DD
Well done, that would certainly explain your most improved status this week.

24. Re: hot pockets video... Oct 14, 2013, 08:35 Mr. Tact

Fletch wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 23:42:
Haha! Snoop is the master baker.
I have no doubt he gets baked often.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2013, 21:09 Mr. Tact

Minn. falling on it's face was unexpected but at least 82% of the group was wrong with me. But Tom FREAKING Brady pulling out his 32nd 4th quarter game winning drive screwed me over on my "upset" pick of the Saints. *sigh* Did pick the Steelers though, so that helps. I won't win the week, but I shouldn't move too far up or down the overall standings.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
59. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 12, 2013, 11:42 Mr. Tact

PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 12:24:
I managed to spend over $8k in one night, though that was due to being in a foreign country and putting the decimal point in the wrong place when I was converting stuff in my head
It was a good night, just not an 8k night...............
Ouch. Is it a good story at least?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2013, 16:53 Mr. Tact

Verno wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 10:17:
Meet the person who will be dead long before 2880 --->

If in 867 years we have not yet progressed sufficiently to deal with an asteroid then as a race we deserve the consequences of that inaction
I hope I'm here to find out!

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
51. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 9, 2013, 11:18 Mr. Tact

Verno wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 09:22:
I don't know, I would have no problem spending 5 grand on something I really believe in. I just don't really believe in videogames
Right, there are lots of things I might spend $5k on, but would you spend $5k for an evening on the town?

3526 Comments. 177 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo