Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3585 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Black Friday Metaverse
1. Re: Black Friday Metaverse Nov 29, 2013, 11:52 Mr. Tact

From the article, "People who have sold their Bitcoins early would be feeling quite ill right now, with an early Bitcoin owner purchasing 10,000 Bitcoins for just $50. He ended up giving his Bitcoins away, but if he had held onto those 10,000 Bitcoins, it would be worth a very swift $10 million today."

As I commented on yesterday's article, wishes and fishes...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2013, 11:42 Mr. Tact

Yeah, that happened to me last year -- didn't get the leafs cleared before the first snow. It wasn't too bad in the spring, but harder than doing it in the fall.

Black Friday for me this year is laundry day. I pretty much maxed out my clothing use. Probably a six load day....

News Comments > Thanksgiving Metaverse
1. Re: Thanksgiving Metaverse Nov 29, 2013, 09:13 Mr. Tact

I don't remember for sure when I first heard about Bitcoins. It's certainly been a couple of years, but I can't say specifically I knew about them in 2009. I wish I had and had been interested enough to create some. If a laptop then created what is now 4M pounds worth, in a week -- I certainly would have done at least that much. And I still have every hard drive I've used in the last 10 years.

*sigh* Wishes and fishes.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2013, 22:23 Mr. Tact

Agreed. We really like ya' Blue. But we can live without you for a few days. Take a break, you've deserved one for a long time now -- just tell us in advance, so we don't worry.  

38. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2013, 16:21 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 13:25:
I went 3 and 10 yesterday.
Well, there were 4 games where 90+% of the people were wrong, and another 2 games over 70% wrong -- so unless you picked a bunch of upsets you at best did "okay". I'm currently 6-6-1, I need San Fran to win tonight to preserve my "no worse than .500" alive for the season. Fortunately, after much hemming and hawing, I decided to stick with New England last night. "They have Tom FUCKING Brady."

107. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2013, 00:33 Mr. Tact

Farewell Hudson.  

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
26. Re: John Carmack Leaves id Software Nov 22, 2013, 22:36 Mr. Tact

As I said in the other topic, I've been expecting this for a while -- probably since he was named CTO.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2013, 18:11 Mr. Tact

scratz wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 16:35:
But in other news way more relevant to this site's topic, Carmack is leaving id Software.

John Carmack Just Left id Software (tomshardware.com)

That's the full brake end to an important era for a lot of long term BluesNews readers who first started coming here for Quake news nearly 20 years ago.
It's been coming for a while now. No surprise here.

5. Re: Drew Carey Nov 22, 2013, 11:29 Mr. Tact

Dr. Bummer? A gynecologist? Bidding $69. Yeah, I'm going to call baloney.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2013, 15:45 Mr. Tact

Condolences to you and your family, Blue.

93, wow. I don't know if the possibility of living to that age (another 42 years) thrills me or scares the hell out of me -- little of both I guess.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins
16. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 14:49 Mr. Tact

They can do something different if that want, I have no issue with that. Just don't call it Diablo.  

13. Re: Op Ed Nov 20, 2013, 14:02 Mr. Tact

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 13:25:
Blizzard, for a long time, has had a reputation of supporting their games and listening to the gamer.
They didn't listen much when plenty of people told them before the release that an on-line requirement was stupid and unwanted. And for the record, I am over it. I am so over it that I was smart enough to not buy the game. And if the devs modify it to an acceptable condition I probably will buy it.

7. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 12:46 Mr. Tact

All depends on your point of view. The guys who like hardcore would tell you the sync issues make unplayable. The "why do I need to be on-line for a single player game" guys would tell you the "DRM" is unacceptable. And they admitted the auction house was a bad idea. Yeah they deserve some credit, but not a ton.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 15:29 Mr. Tact

Yeah, sure -- says the man who is tied for 1st.

Remember Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game! HELLO!"

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 07:10 Mr. Tact

Damn, Carolina did win. Would have been tied for 1st if I had stuck with them. Oh well.

Edit: Oh wait, the site probably hasn't been updated yet -- some of those above me may have selected Carolina... So, probably two games out now.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2013, 07:49.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 20:57 Mr. Tact

I had Caroline picked all week, but I switched to New England. Why? Well, basically because they have, to quote a buddy, Tom FUCKING Brady. That and they had a bye week, giving them two weeks to prepare for Cam Newton. I honestly think the game is a coin toss. Who ever gets the tipped pass interception will win.  

2. Re: Football Picks Nov 18, 2013, 10:42 Mr. Tact

Another pretty good week for me, 11-3 going into MNF. I had two last minute changes that I split. First, I had the Dolphins, but changed to the Chargers just minutes before kickoff, resulting in a loss. But I also changed from the Chiefs to the Broncos minutes before that kickoff getting me a win. Moved up to 1 game out of first and the picks on tonight's game are essentially split 50/50. I'll have to spend some time thinking about tonight's game...  

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
32. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 17, 2013, 11:06 Mr. Tact

Ant wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 10:34:
I wonder how long it will take for WoW to become finally F2P.
Everquest only did it last year, and they had far few subscribers. It will be a few years yet...

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2013, 15:39 Mr. Tact

No amount of cushioning is going to stop the brain from hitting the inside of the skull. It is inevitable when the head stops or suddenly changes direction during fast movement.

It's difficult to predict what will happen. American football is embedded in our culture as much as soccer is in the rest of the world. I suspect they'll keep changing the rules, making it more difficult for the defenders to hit hard. Overtime offense will totally take over the game.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2013, 20:28 Mr. Tact

Blahman wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 19:15:
I don't know why more people don't just use ISO dates: 2013-11-12. Year, month, day. Sortable, sensible, simple.
The same reason everyone doesn't use GMT, which would make world-wide scheduling simple and sensible -- ie.. there is no good reason.

3585 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo