Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3587 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > On SimCity Modding
14. Re: On SimCity Modding Jan 14, 2014, 09:07 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jan 10, 2014, 20:35:
Then again, I don't understand why so many people like reality TV, yet they do. Once again we see PT Barnum was an exceptionally incisive businessman.
OMG, did you see the ads for the new one? The "10 million Bigfoot Bounty"? Oh and "Party Down South"? I guess if you are entertained by watching people be their idiotic selves, it's pure gold.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 08:29 Mr. Tact

Can I lay a bet down in Vegas on whether he finishes it before he dies? He might, but if I was going to bet I think I'd bet against.  

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
46. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 16:59 Mr. Tact

Talisorn wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 16:42:
Ah ... Blues News! What happened to you? You really have become to PC gaming what that bitter and twisted "No Mutants Allowed" people are to Fallout. Two and a half pages of whining and not one positive comment. Reality check: You all sound like a bunch of self-entitled little bitches. GROW UP!

Well all I can say is FINALLY I can get to play this game as I wanted to play. It may be late in the day, but at least I now get to play.
You are welcome to it. I hope you enjoy it. I know I wouldn't. As I said, it is a step in the right direction but there is no way this game is anywhere close to its' namesake.

43. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 16:39 Mr. Tact

Kosh401 wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 16:14:
It still blows my mind that this game isn't multithreaded. 100% of the simulation/calculations are done on a single thread.
Haha. I didn't know that, but I don't find it that surprising. If they get the basics of the game design wrong why should we think they would have competent people writing the code.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 16:36 Mr. Tact

PHJF wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 15:29:
Lot of hate on GRRM. The guy has written five (long) books and I've loved every word of it. He can have all the time he wants.
I have no hate for him, but I'm not going to start reading GoT until he actually finishes it. (Assuming he doesn't die first, which I'm not sure is a safe bet)

33. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 13:50 Mr. Tact

Getting closer, but not worth purchasing yet...  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2014, 12:37 Mr. Tact

Ratty wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 12:07:
Hey, I have a question and thought I'd ask here first. I found my StarCraft II WOL DVD and since I never finished it I thought I'd give it another go. Problem is I have since upgraded to a new computer and haven't a clue what my old BattleNet login/email or password is. I seriously have no reason to ever use Battlenet for anything so just didn't pay attention the first time - I just wanted to play a fucking single-player game - and didn't want to have to keep track of yet another website login password for years to come.

So I create a new Battlenet account and install from DVD, everything seems fine. I play a couple of levels but it turns out I'm just playing the starter edition and it won't play anymore until I upgrade to the full game! WTF? I'm guessing I've just been screwed by Blizzard and I'm SOL unless I want to pay again for the same game.

Or am I just being overly cynical? Since I have the actual physical DVD is there a way to get the full game again? Does Blizzard have a support email or a phone number that they actually respond to?
They do have an customer support number (or at least they used to, I'd be a bit surprised if it went away) but I wouldn't expect a quick response. As to whether you are SOL, *shrug* not sure. As to being overly cynical, I wouldn't say so -- but it's not just Blizzard, this is SOP these days. And yes, it blows.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2014, 08:00 Mr. Tact

PHJF wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 16:48:
Anyone not already watching should make it a new year's resolution to catch Final Bosman on Wednesdays.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/o4kv8l/the-final-bosman-big-bets-for-2014

Anyone not already watching this, congrats! That's fifteen minutes I'll never get back...

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2014, 07:44 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 18:53:
IIRC, he asked the forumites about that quite a few years back, and interest wasn't very high.
I don't recall that, but I might have missed it. I'd be willing to support it.

News Comments > Starbound Sells 1M
25. Re: Starbound Sells 1M Jan 8, 2014, 08:37 Mr. Tact

Does Starbound have "bosses" like Terraria does? From what I've seen so far (just watching a few youtube Let's Plays) it seems like an expanded Terraria to me. That could be good or bad depending on your preferences.  

News Comments > SOE Going Forward With Unified Subscriptions
22. Re: SOE Going Forward With Unified Subscriptions Jan 8, 2014, 08:34 Mr. Tact

If there were multiple SOE MMOs I wanted to play this would be great. But considering I've never played any of them, the value is of this is of little concern to me.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2014, 18:10 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I was a total wimp and didn't go out today in the sub zero temperatures. However, it will probably still be below zero early tomorrow when I go out to start working on shoveling the driveway. Frankly, I'll not looking forward to it, but hey -- it isn't THAT bad.  

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
81. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 6, 2014, 10:37 Mr. Tact

So, these are teens/idiots getting thrills by shutting down a service or is there some supposed purpose behind this? I mean, I can understand wanting to fight "the man" but not sure I see what this accomplishes.  

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2014, 08:44 Mr. Tact

I thought someone might mention that, the comment was meant as commentary on the NFL in general. Yes, in this particular matter (billionaire owners) Green Bay is the exception. The rule is a left over from the 1970s and really does need to be changed.  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2014, 21:44 Mr. Tact

mag wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 16:14:
God dammit, Bengals!
Yeah, I really thought they would win. I mean San Diego has been as big a failure as Cincinnati -- but it wasn't to be...

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2014, 14:39 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 14:33:
That call at the end of half for Bengals is BS. Falls under the Calvin Johnson rule, but they gave them a homer call....sad to see....
Uh, they clearly explained why the "you must maintain possession" rule did not apply -- because the whistle was blown as forward progress was stopped. I'd be willing to say it was a close call, but certainly nothing particularly out of line.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2014, 12:15 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 12:04:
They're talking about blacking out the game in Green Bay for the sake of less than 3000 tickets? What a crock of doody.
Gotta protect those billionaire owners! After all they do so much for the city!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2014, 11:58 Mr. Tact

I'm just glad I didn't turn the game off at the beginning of the second half when the Colts went down by 28. I figured it was over, but decided to watch anyway. Good decision.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2014, 20:59 Mr. Tact

A quick zip to the future, to find out if we get convenient, easy, interstellar travel. Depending on that and the living conditions in the future, either stay there or come back an win a lottery and stay here.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2014, 21:49 Mr. Tact

Is it just me, or is that a REALLY fast turn around on the Veronica Mars movie?  

3587 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo