Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3594 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
57. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2014, 22:54 Mr. Tact

Prez wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 22:06:
Switching gears, why is the NFL, and more specifically Goodell, under such fire for how the incident was handled?
Because they admitted they knew there was a tape from inside the elevator, but claim they didn't see it despite asking for it. So, what did they do? Well, you would have to assume they sat in a room and said, "Well, what might be on the tape?" And one of those options has to be "He knocked her unconscious." And yet, despite considering all the possibilities they come out with a two game suspension. It is unconscionable.

And that isn't even considering the Greg Hardy and Ray MacDonald situations...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2014, 21:20 Mr. Tact

D'oh! Didn't do my NFL picks until a couple of minutes ago. Have I mentioned recently how much I dislike Thursday Night NFL games?  

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
152. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 19:53 Mr. Tact

Julio wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 19:19:
Mojang is a sellout.
The day after you turn down a $2 billion offer on a company you literally built out of nothing but an idea -- THEN you can call him/them a sellout.

92. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 15:09 Mr. Tact

Man, I gave you credit for still being valid, what more did you want?  

89. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 15:04 Mr. Tact

Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 14:59:
Err what? Minecraft isn't even in the top 10 for all time sales.
That is also comparing a single game against entire series of games. But your point is still somewhat valid.

36. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 10:47 Mr. Tact

Not that it really matters, but I was wondering... does anyone know how generous Notch has or hasn't been in giving away percentage ownership of Mojang to the employees? 1% of $2 billion is $20 million....  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 10:38 Mr. Tact

The really interesting thing will be what the NFL does with other players currently dealing with domestic violence issues. One of which I believe was recently convicted of a felony charge -- if they don't handle those just as severely it looks like a case of "as long as there's no video, you are good to go!"  

32. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 10:35 Mr. Tact

Haha, the $2 billion tweet is awesome. Ask and you shall receive!  

28. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 10:26 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:15:
What do the Clippers have to do with anything? I'm talking about MS, under Ballmer, buying dozens of companies that Microsoft had absolutely NO USE for, and later often closed or just dissolved into generic nothingness.
My bad. Ballmer and $2B... seemed to link up.

22. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 10:09 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:04:
It's good to see Nutella being just as stupid with their money as Ballmer was.
I assume you are referring to the purchase of the Clippers. Ballmer spent, as a percentage of net worth, less on the Clippers than I did on my house. He wanted it, he had the money, he bought it. Probably how you make most of your purchasing decisions.

16. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 09:59 Mr. Tact

Zuckerburg turned down $6 billion, but he had convinced himself he could get more -- and he did. But yes, very difficult to say no to anything starting with a 'b'.

12. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 09:52 Mr. Tact

It's has be a tough decision for Notch. Even if it does make him seem like a hypocrite.

It's different from when say, Facebook's IPO made Zuckerburg a multi-billionaire. Zuckerburg had turned down other large offers. Zuckerburg was expecting the whole time to become amazingly rich. This is a guy with a modest upbringing who never thought he would be rich. He stumbled into it. And now someone is offering to make the millions he currently has look like pennies. I'm pretty sure I couldn't say "no" to that.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 09:42 Mr. Tact

As has been stated by numerous people, the NFL really shot themselves in the foot on this. Repeatedly. How did you think Janay became unconscious in the elevator? A total fiasco. Reports now say the NFL never asked the hotel if they could see the video in the elevator despite the NFL admitting they assumed such video existed and asked the police about it.  

2. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 09:21 Mr. Tact

When someone is offering to make you a billionaire, it's hard not to listen.  

36. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 16:28 Mr. Tact

Prez wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 13:36:
The ironic thing is that I kinda do feel sympathy for her that she went ahead and married the guy anyway. Putting money above her own safety is a clear sign of a mental disorder that she needs professional help for.
Typical behavior for an abused person. The fact that she got up in a press conference apologized for her "role" in the incident speaks volumes. Odds are Rice has systematically abused her for as long as they've known each other. *shrug* Yeah, I'm libeling him -- anyone want to bet on it?

34. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 13:10 Mr. Tact

Prez, I don't think you are a troll, I hope you don't think I am. I believe we are both reasonable voices on this forum.

You said, "when someone is acting like a complete ass I don't feel sorry for them if something bad happens in any event". So, what does that mean? For me, I'm sorry for something happening to someone when they don't "deserve" it -- something bad/unfortunate has happened to them through no fault of their own. On the other hand I don't feel sorry for them, if I think the event occurred because of their own careless, stupid, whatever actions.

Would you agree or disagree that's how judge whether you "feel sorry" for someone "if something bad happens"?

In my mind, even if Janay Palmer was being an ass, there is nothing I've seen in the video which justifies Ray Rice punching her. Therefore, in my mind, what happened to her was not the result of her own actions. It was the result of an unreasonable reaction by Ray Rice. Was the reaction foreseeable? Based on Rice's reaction afterward, perhaps. It certainly didn't seem like a new situation to him, he didn't seem to be confused or shocked.

Would you agree or disagree that Ray Rice's reaction was unreasonable? Do you think Janay Palmer "acting like a complete ass" was sufficient cause for what happened to her?

If you think I am simply being an idiot here and not progressing the discussion, then fine. I'll let it go.

Best wishes to you.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 10:47 Mr. Tact

Prez wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 09:36:
I use the words I use and make no apologies for them. Also, you have a lot of gall to speak for everyone else
My speaking for "everyone" is based on the general concensus outrage at Rice's behavior.
Prez wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 09:58:
Fair enough. I don't condone hitting a woman at all nor do I make excuses for anyone who does. But guy or girl, when someone is acting like a complete ass I don't feel sorry for them if something bad happens in any event. That's just how I am wired. If that makes me a rotten person to anyone I'm sure I'll still sleep okay at night. I'm just not sure why the expectation that everyone should keep their damn hands to themselves is such a foreign concept, as if rules only apply some of the time and only to certain people. I could add that I think Price is a bully and a thug, but isn't that inherently obvious?
Do you hear yourself? In one breath you say you "don't condone hitting a woman at all", then in the very next breath you turn around and say, "But guy or girl, when someone is acting like a complete ass I don't feel sorry for them if something bad happens in any event." Well, which is it? If that isn't condoning her being hit because she "is acting like a complete ass" then I guess I simply don't understand the English language.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 08:31 Mr. Tact

InBlack wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 05:48:
Congrats to Marin Cilic on winning the US Open! Woohoo!
Boring match -- I was really hoping for a "knockdown drag out" match between the 10th and 14th seeds in a major final. Oh well.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 08:24 Mr. Tact

Prez wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 02:40:
Her behavior was awful. That is undeniable. The fact that Rice's behavior was even more awful doesn't change that. Why that deserves the exclamation "wow" is beyond me.
I think a "wow" is justified for you saying you don't feel sorry for a woman who got a left cross to the face knocking her out by any man, let alone someone she was going to marry. Yeah, she was arguing with him, even slapped uselessly at him. You claim I am inferring, and you are not implying she had it coming. But I think most people reading your words would read them as I have. It is thinking like that which is part of the reason Ray Rice thought it was okay to do what he did. If she threw a punch with all her strength at Ray Rice's jaw the most likely thing to happen is she would break her hand.

If you honestly are not attempting to imply she had it coming, it is my belief you are failing. You need to choose your words more carefully.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2014, 22:37 Mr. Tact

Really Prez? Wow.

Ray Rice's reaction says it all, knocks out a woman with a punch, and doesn't react at all. Just stands there and looks at her body. I'm guessing it wasn't the first time.

3594 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo