Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3523 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
50. Re: Finally! Feb 3, 2014, 07:33 Mr. Tact

WarPig wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 23:01:
I'm old enough that I had a favorite team before the Seahawks even existed. I liked the Vikings because Tarkington was so fun to watch and watched them lose three Superbowls. We got the Seahawks in 1976 and I've watched pretty much every game since then and a good deal of it was really ugly.

It was all worth it!

BEST
GAME
EVAR
!!!!

You picked against them in the BTI league? (Thanks!)

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2014, 07:45.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jan 28, 2014, 21:32 Mr. Tact

On the one hand, I kinda wish I'd been playing Eve Online for the last 10 years and could have be in the thick of this fight. On the other hand, I'm so glad I haven't been.  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2014, 15:52 Mr. Tact

Never heard of Banshee prior to this, looks interesting. I'll put it on the list for when it gets to season four or so...  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2014, 20:48 Mr. Tact

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 14:34:
NK story is a joke, other stories on the site include "Church picks JK Rowling to write new version of the Bible" and "Economics being renamed Having A Guess".
Which is really unfortunate, because it's just about crazy enough to be true.

News Comments > SOE Closing Four MMOGs
20. Re: SOE Closing Four MMOGs Jan 25, 2014, 07:31 Mr. Tact

I remember there being a fair amount of hype behind Vanguard. I never tried it, but from what I read it seemed pretty average at best.  

News Comments > WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers
11. Re: WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers Jan 23, 2014, 08:18 Mr. Tact

Well, Area 52 breaks that mold, it is PvE and mostly horde.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2014, 08:17 Mr. Tact

bigspender wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 00:54:
It is quite sad. But why didn't any of those 6 adults stop that kid from going back into the fire.
Take your pick, they were drunk, stoned, or coughing their lungs out from smoke inhalation. But yeah, you're right -- if the 8 year was still functional, you'd hope at least one of the adults was and would have stopped him. We'll probably never really know...

News Comments > WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers
2. Re: WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers Jan 22, 2014, 10:57 Mr. Tact

I played on Area 52 -- the issue there was the population was 9 to 1 Horde, fortunately I was Horde. Wonder if that is still the case...  

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens
25. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 22, 2014, 10:50 Mr. Tact

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 07:11:
I've been watching TB playing this for a while now.
Holy cow, he has been playing a ton of it... interesting.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2014, 18:15 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 15:51:
95% of the economic recovery has gone to the top 1% of earners. It's good to be the king.
Well, if they have 95% of the wealth it only makes mathematical sense that 95% of the recovery would go to them.

Personally, my 401k is looking good -- which has me more worried than satisfied. From a low point in Mar 2009 until now my rate of return is over 25%, and the total value has (including additional contributions from me) more than quadrupled. If I knew it would do that again in the next 5 years, I'd be pretty happy, but it isn't going to. The question is, when will the bottom drop out again? I'm sure it will come again, just don't know if it's 2, 5, for 15 years out.

News Comments > Line of Defense Tactics
7. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Jan 21, 2014, 11:16 Mr. Tact

Nothing is idiot proof, this has been proved over and over thoughout history.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2014, 11:10 Mr. Tact

Bad news -- after going 4-0 last week, I was 0-2 this week in our BTI league. Good news -- apparently I'm not alone, I'm still tied with Warpig in first place, joined by xCeed99.

Many times through the year on missed picks I thought, "what was I thinking?!" Not this time, although incorrect I have no grief over picking New England and San Fran. I think both games were toss ups. Have them play those games 100 times and neither will win more that 55 of them.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2014, 07:46 Mr. Tact

1badmf wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 21:56:
read between the lines dude. i don't know if you've played much sports in your life but it doesn't sound like you have. sherman wasn't being a punk. he was responding to a punk. crabtree had been mouthing off the entire game and even leading up to the game, so this is what happens when you shut down a punk who'd been disrespecting you for a week or more. that's why afterwards crabtree wasn't angry about it - he knew he got shut up and he had no right to talk anymore.
Even if Crabtree was trash-talking all game long, which wouldn't be surprising, Sherman was still showing his ass in public making himself the loser. He might not be a bad guy, but he was an ass in that interview. Yes, he was emotionally pumped after what was possibly a career defining moment -- it's forgivable.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2014, 07:55.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2014, 20:39 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 17:22:
In this day and age how could you not find the office?
Probably a lack of labeling near or in the building. I never been totally blocked (except when having an incorrect address) -- but I've certainly taken a LONG time to find a place that I would have found in minutes if there were just some reasonable address identifiers used.

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
1. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 09:22 Mr. Tact

My guess -- $19.99 to upgrade to level 90.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 18:55 Mr. Tact

I have little to no faith they'll select a story arc for the next Star Wars films which I'll like or appreciate.

Side note: You know what the most disappointing part of finding out Vader was Luke's father? It meant Vader wasn't hundreds of years old, like Yoda. Which I had been assuming...

News Comments > On SimCity Modding
14. Re: On SimCity Modding Jan 14, 2014, 09:07 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Jan 10, 2014, 20:35:
Then again, I don't understand why so many people like reality TV, yet they do. Once again we see PT Barnum was an exceptionally incisive businessman.
OMG, did you see the ads for the new one? The "10 million Bigfoot Bounty"? Oh and "Party Down South"? I guess if you are entertained by watching people be their idiotic selves, it's pure gold.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 08:29 Mr. Tact

Can I lay a bet down in Vegas on whether he finishes it before he dies? He might, but if I was going to bet I think I'd bet against.  

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
46. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 16:59 Mr. Tact

Talisorn wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 16:42:
Ah ... Blues News! What happened to you? You really have become to PC gaming what that bitter and twisted "No Mutants Allowed" people are to Fallout. Two and a half pages of whining and not one positive comment. Reality check: You all sound like a bunch of self-entitled little bitches. GROW UP!

Well all I can say is FINALLY I can get to play this game as I wanted to play. It may be late in the day, but at least I now get to play.
You are welcome to it. I hope you enjoy it. I know I wouldn't. As I said, it is a step in the right direction but there is no way this game is anywhere close to its' namesake.

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
43. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 16:39 Mr. Tact

Kosh401 wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 16:14:
It still blows my mind that this game isn't multithreaded. 100% of the simulation/calculations are done on a single thread.
Haha. I didn't know that, but I don't find it that surprising. If they get the basics of the game design wrong why should we think they would have competent people writing the code.

3523 Comments. 177 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo