Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3587 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2014, 07:56 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 23:19:
Legendaries are dropping every few minutes, and almost all drops are for the character I am playing. I went through all of my gear and sold or salvaged.
Either RNG is being much kinder to you than to me, or this is an exaggeration. I'd say I average a Legendary every 60-90 minutes or so, although I haven't carefully timed it.

My biggest gripe so far -- the stash. Come on Blizzard, with PoE I can literally have hundreds of tabs. Let me buy some more tabs -- you like that micro-transaction stuff now.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 14:26 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 14:12:
117 hours in 2.5 weeks? Are you unemployed or something? Playing on the job? What's your secret?
Work full-time, but I am single. The 19 days covers three weekends, so figure 12 hours each Saturday and Sunday, that alone makes 72 hours. So that leaves only 4-5 hours a night on the weekdays...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 13:45 Mr. Tact

You have a clan created Bats?  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 12:24 Mr. Tact

So what you're saying you're pro-ODRM then? (Sorry, couldn't resist, Cutter)  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 12, 2014, 12:21 Mr. Tact

I did. As well as hang out on BBS's. I considered starting an ISP business in 1995, I should have done it.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 11:53 Mr. Tact

My wizard should be ready to take on Torment by the weekend... just need a few more pieces of gear with the right attributes.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 12, 2014, 11:51 Mr. Tact

Nah, I want legit licenses for computers I'll buy after October. Did this for XP years ago. Bought a three pack of OEM licenses, one of the smartest things I ever did.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 11:32 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 11:20:
In case you missed it - D3 is 19.99 at Blizz right now. Can't complain at that price point! Loot 2.0 is a really nice change.

As I said in another topic: The on-line requirement does totally blow chunks. But even though I dislike it and think Blizzard deserves to be punished for doing it. I can't say I'm sorry I bought it 19 days ago. True, the down time on Tuesdays for patches and some occasional lag really sucks -- still I have to say I enjoyed the hell out of it, to the tune of 117 hours played already.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 12, 2014, 10:29 Mr. Tact

As I mentioned not too long ago, time to order some Win7 OED disks.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: WWW turns 25 Mar 12, 2014, 09:36 Mr. Tact

I remember the first time I saw Mosaic in early 1994. Even then when there weren't a ton of places to go, and most were all text -- it was clearly awesome and seemed likely to only get better, which obviously it did.  

36. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 09:12 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 16:47:
So what you're saying you're pro-ODRM then?
You know, the on-line requirement does totally blow chunks. But even though I dislike it and think Blizzard deserves to be punished for doing it. I can't say I'm sorry I bought it 19 days ago. True, the down time on Tuesdays for patches and some occasional lag really sucks -- still I have to say I enjoyed the hell out of it, to the tune of 117 hours played already.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 09:05 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 18:52:
I am so very seriously sick of winter.
60+ here yesterday. Today 1-3 inches of snow, low tonight of 10. Where the hell is spring?

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 14:29 Mr. Tact

It one of the things I always consider a plus for living in Phoenix, no one complains when your "lawn" is gravel. Too bad it's so damn hot there.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 09:48 Mr. Tact

You know, I've been doing Fantasy Football since 1996, and I have a team I have rooted for since 1972, but I simply can't pay any attention to the sport prior to about 2 weeks before the start of the regular season...  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 09:17 Mr. Tact

It would take A LOT MORE than $20 for me to climb into a storm drain...  

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Preorders Get Level 90 Boost Now
5. Re: Warlords of Draenor Preorders Get Level 90 Boost Now Mar 11, 2014, 09:03 Mr. Tact

This is what I wonder.. if I could have all my WoW memories from 6.5 years of playing the game selectively removed. And I tried it again now, would I be as entertained by it as I was back in mid December 2004? Hard to believe this summer will be three years since I gave it up.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2014, 21:37 Mr. Tact

Redmask wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 20:55:
Property in Detroit is a smart investment. I remember when my uncle bought some places in South Central LA back in the 90s, people said he was nuts but look at property values in those areas today. I'm looking into buying some commercial property in Detroit, it'll come back.
Sounds like a major gamble to me. You could be right, and you could be wrong. It's certainly possible a savvy, knowledgeable person could make a wise investment. However, I'm guessing a lot more people who think this decribes them, will lose money rather than make it. Good luck to you, sir.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2014, 14:15 Mr. Tact

I'm not particularly supportive of US military action in Ukraine either. However, I would say your analogy isn't quite correct since Ukraine has been an independent country since getting out from underneath the Soviet thumb in the early 1990s.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2014, 11:10 Mr. Tact

Ahh, Blues News on the new work PC. I think the configuration is about complete...  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2014, 21:15 Mr. Tact

End DST and ST, everyone use GMT!  

3587 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo