Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3922 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
411. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 6, 2015, 21:03 Mr. Tact

Looking more closely it appears perhaps the class 3-6 are just place holders...

Edit: No, I found class 3 and 4 Fuel Scoops at a station..

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2015, 21:41.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

409. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 6, 2015, 20:28 Mr. Tact

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 19:35:
Class 2 type A will do 75 units, which, I believe is as high as you can go. There's no scoop higher than class 2 that I'm aware of. A class 2 scoop will fill your cobra up really quickly, and they are fairly cheap. I think I bought my class 2 A scoop for around $300k.
According to the Wiki, there are class 1-6 fuel scoops. But I haven't gone looking for them. Thanks for the info.

405. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 6, 2015, 18:34 Mr. Tact

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 13:29:
So! I tried out bounty hunting using interdiction. It's pretty cool! I sold my fuel scoop because it's too slow with the Asp's ginormous fuel tank and replaced it with the interdictor.
Okay, I was wondering about this. I'm currently running a Hauler doing rare runs to make money (thanks for the suggestions, guys). I was going to upgrade to a Cobra to do some more of it. And I was wondering about getting a fuel scoop. Now the Corba is a "4" ship, with three class 4 and three class 2 internal compartments. Would a class 2 grade A fuel scoop be sufficient -- or would I have to have a class 4 for it to be practical?

Also, been running shieldless -- do shields help against star heat? Is it silly to use a fuel scoop without shields?

Edit: spelling

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2015, 18:39.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up Jan 5, 2015, 13:09 Mr. Tact

You mean an Adder? It is cheaper I guess... Hmm... will have to do the math on upgrading it's FSD.  

12. Re: Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up Jan 5, 2015, 13:03 Mr. Tact

Yeah.. the cheapest would be Viper, but I have to buy it, upgrade the FSD probably at least to a B grade, (and the Power Plant?), the cargo holds -- that's a lot more than 300k. Even in solo mode I have been interdicted and nearly killed. So running without shields is a big risk.  

10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up Jan 5, 2015, 12:52 Mr. Tact

I only started four days ago, but getting over that beginning hump is a bit of a challenge. I have made about 300k (in probably 25-30 hours of play), half of which has gone into upgrades of the Sidewinder, but it seems like an upgrade to another ship is still a long ways away.  

396. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 5, 2015, 12:18 Mr. Tact

I've been trading and exploring -- and it occurs to me to ask, is there anyway players interact other than combat? Is there a way to exchange commodities, cash, or fuel. Fuel would be nice, if you get caught somewhere too low on fuel to jump out, having a friend come and give you fuel would be awesome.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2015, 08:18 Mr. Tact

Oh, by the way... Holy Cow, my Cowboys actually won a playoff game! Woot! Grin  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Interview, Christmas Top Razzie Nom Shortlist. Jan 5, 2015, 07:32 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 19:43:
Of all the films on that list I liked Transcendence the most.
Transcendence is the only film on that list I saw, it was obvious all the others were cable bait at best. (and I have yet to see any of them)

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
68. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 4, 2015, 19:32 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 17:05:
I've drop $930.00. I own these ships: Cutlass, Aurora, Freelancer, 350R, M50, Hornet Ghost, Avenger, Starfarer, Herald
Amazed

Well, I did spend over $1,000 on subscriptions for WoW -- but it was a game I was actually playing!

I honestly hope you get your money's worth. Because if you do, it will mean it's a good game and I'll be playing it too.

39. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 3, 2015, 10:24 Mr. Tact

Kajetan wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 09:01:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 08:47:
I'd say that's the first solid proof I've read indicating this game is in real trouble.
I'd say you misunderstand him on purpose. He just says that he scales production according to the amount of money coming in. The more money comes in the bigger the scope gets. There is no fixed end of developement. When some more millions are coming in, he spend this money on making more content, polishing existing content or introducing new features.

Purposely misunderstanding him? Uh, no. Just reading what he said and realizing that either he is not being serious or he has limited project management skills.

Listen, I want SC to succeed. If it provides half of what he's promised it will be great. But hearing the guy who is running the operations saying, paraphrased, "Sure, we can spend as much money as we can get." Raises serious questions about the project plan in my mind. I mean, yeah you can always spend extra here and there, but he's talking multiple times the current budget, "hundreds of millions".

32. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 3, 2015, 08:47 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 00:32:
I found this interview pretty interesting on PC gamer.

I start by asking if the money raised is enough. Its never enough! he laughs. We scale development according to how much money is coming in. The level of support dictates our level of ambition. This is a huge open-world game where you can go from planet to planet, so we could spend hundreds of millions of dollars on it quite easily.

Wow. That is incredible. I'd say that's the first solid proof I've read indicating this game is in real trouble.

22. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 2, 2015, 23:59 Mr. Tact

I agree this game is over hyped and over promised but, man -- the hate it generates.  

393. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 2, 2015, 23:49 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I upgraded my power plant and power distributor which got me up to 7.76ly/7.13ly unladen/laden which opened up some routes. I currently have 60k cash and I'm trying to figure out if I want to save up for another ship or continue upgrades on the Sidewinder. 17k would get me a C grade FSD which would up my jump range to 11.37/10.46... grade A would make it 17.07/15.68, but that's 160k  

390. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 2, 2015, 17:12 Mr. Tact

Man, that's a pretty wimpy start area considering the scope of the game. They could have at least given us 100 systems...  

388. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 2, 2015, 13:30 Mr. Tact

So, am I missing something or am I stuck to 20 or so systems around Eravate until I get afford a ship upgrade with a long range?  

386. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 2, 2015, 08:51 Mr. Tact

I do, the problem was the stations were refusing me docking... saw a video with someone using the fuel scoop. Based on the hassle and time involved I'd say only for those doing exploration.

Yeah, I'm not going to be trying any bounty hunting until I do some up grades...

383. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 2, 2015, 02:27 Mr. Tact

Woot! Two black box missions and I now have 28k. I'm in a deadend corner of the galaxy, though. Need to find my way to a more central location. On the bright side my docking is getting somewhat better..  

382. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 2, 2015, 00:15 Mr. Tact

Left the game and came back and the station let me dock. *shrug*  

379. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 1, 2015, 23:46 Mr. Tact

Yes, I was always with 7km of the station and I have now been refused at at least half a dozen stations in half a dozen systems. I would say it was a faction thing, except I did one mission which was a + neutral faction. Either I'm missing something or was really unlucky in my start location or I don't know what...

Pretty bummed at the moment. Doubled my money on a trade, and now I'm nearly out of fuel with really no where to go.

3922 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo