Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3933 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2015, 23:13 Mr. Tact

Pigeon wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 15:06:
they regularly take people who are the 1%ers of attractiveness, and then photo-shop the crap out of them and then present non-reality as obtainable if you'd buy their product and presumably work out 24/7.
Yeah, I'm not sure what it says about our society that this kind of manipulation isn't thoroughly ridiculed. It's worse for women who are bombarded with this type of imagery on a very regular basis.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
29. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 20:28 Mr. Tact

Tom wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 18:51:
This problem is more imagined than real. Just arrange your HOTAS, keyboard, and mouse so that they're all in a row and easily accessible. It's not that hard.
I can't do that, my HOTAS (a Thrustmaster T.Flight) has a cable between the two units shorter than the width of my keyboard. And even if it had a longer cable, I'm not sure I'd want them that far apart. It's not a crippling problem, but it is annoying.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
28. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 20:19 Mr. Tact

harlock wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 19:56:
"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."
Kinda off topic here, but it really is difficult to grasp the reality of this. When the Milky Way galaxy collides with the Andromeda galaxy in a few billion years, despite a total reshaping of the two spiral galaxies into a single elliptical galaxy, very few stars will actually collide.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
509. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 13:55 Mr. Tact

Nah, that's the ship building tool. This was a google spreadsheet listing specific components available at specific stations.  

506. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 13:32 Mr. Tact

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 13:01:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 11:59:
Dammit -- in my travels around the web at one point I found a very nice google spreadsheet with outfitting listings by locations. Don't suppose anyone has stumbled onto that? I can't find it again and I seem to have failed to bookmark it. *sigh*
Is it the one that was mentioned in here earlier?
I don't have it bookmarked either but if you look back a few pages you will find it.
I looked through your post and couldn't find a link to a google spreadsheet. I did I miss it?

503. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 11:59 Mr. Tact

Dammit -- in my travels around the web at one point I found a very nice google spreadsheet with outfitting listings by locations. Don't suppose anyone has stumbled onto that? I can't find it again and I seem to have failed to bookmark it. *sigh*  

500. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 09:38 Mr. Tact

I've created a trading monster!  

498. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 08:28 Mr. Tact

So, you started running out of space?  

489. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 22:48 Mr. Tact

I've never purposely waited, sometimes I walk away to get a soda or take a bio, and when I come back I get a few extra, but if I don't take a break and there are only 3 of the item, I take them and go to the next station.

Perhaps you are running directly one station behind me?

486. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 22:16 Mr. Tact

Well, I have 52T of cargo space and I don't think I've ever not run out of space during a loop, at least once. I just bought 19 of the rare at Coquim. Just bad luck on your part?  

483. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 21:50 Mr. Tact

It's red because it hasn't calculated the jumps yet, so it can not plot the route yet. This is simply the way it works.

Also, the interface is poorly designed. If you simply sit there with your mouse pointer hanging over the red route icon, it never turns white even after the jumps have plotted. You have to change your focus and go back to the star after the jumps have been plotted.

Yeah, I know...

480. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 21:09 Mr. Tact

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 20:59:
For example I am in CD-75 661 and my next stop is Lave but I can not plot a route to it, only to a system near by and ones I am on my way I will have to re route.
You should be able to plot a route from CD-75 661 to Lave. However, it is close to the max -- 90.82 ly, so it will take some time for it to calculate the jumps. Just sit there 15 seconds or so. If you move towards CD-75 661 you'll see the spiderweb of jumps spreading out...

474. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 19:30 Mr. Tact

lol -- I hope that was an NPC and not a fellow player, because I wasn't playing nearly enough attention when launching out of a station and plowed right into someone, destroying my ship -- and I assume theirs. Thank goodness for the 95% insurance.  

465. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 15:17 Mr. Tact

Gonna try to find some time to make the loop even better. I'm shooting to get the stations about 60 ly apart. Don't know if that's achievable or not. But if I could it would make doing the loop so much better.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
46. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 9, 2015, 09:19 Mr. Tact

Well, gee -- since there has been no stretch goal since $65M that makes everything okay then.  

458. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 08:57 Mr. Tact

Okay, here is a modified 11 station loop.

11 Stop Loop

All credit to those providing the information in the original Reddit post I linked earlier. I make no claims to the efficiency of this route. In fact, I suspect it criss-crosses itself but *meh* whatever. Also I know there are some rare locations not on this list that are single jumps away from stations on the list. But, all the stations are within 100 ly of the next on the list.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2015, 09:20.

456. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 07:51 Mr. Tact

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 05:52:
Vall Forran wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 22:56:
Docking computer!!!!??? Wtf? For shame...
I was using docking computer out of lazyness
How fast does it dock? I might consider it if docked really quickly.

455. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 07:48 Mr. Tact

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 05:52:
MrTact any particular reason why you are using a Cobra instead of a Type 6?
Costs.

I went from starting in a Sidewinder on 1/1, did some upgrades but realized I was going to need to upgrade to a different ship no matter what I did. Tried to do some rare runs, but with a cargo capacity of 4 it didn't work well. So, scraped together enough cash for the Hauler and some upgrades then ran that until I could afford the Corba.

I'm kind of anxious now to build out a bounty ship and do some fighting but I'm also considering a type 6. If I did that I could probably build back to where I am in significantly less time. The bigger/better ships in this game are REALLY expensive.

449. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 8, 2015, 22:07 Mr. Tact

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 21:41:
Thanks I'd appreciate it.
Also what is your cobra setup like? I assume you have no weapons or shield fitted.
Yeah, sold the weapons, no shields, max cargo minus a class 2 internal compartment with a fuel scoop. Upgrading the thrusters and I believe the power distro is helpful so you can boost away from interdictions.

I have grade C power plant and thrusters, grade B FSD, and a grade A power distribution and fuel scoop. Which gives me a 16.32 ly jump fully laden.

446. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 8, 2015, 21:24 Mr. Tact

Well, that's kind of the intention of the loops. That the stations are within the 100 ly range of the routing in the galaxy map. However as indicated, three of the jumps in the 11 station loop are too long. But you certainly don't need more than 16 ly jump capability, and like I said, I think 12 is probably enough.  

3933 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo