Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3594 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2014, 09:17 Mr. Tact

I read it, it just left me confused. Is Ricochet 2 known to be HL3, or is that just wishful thinking by fan boys?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2014, 09:14 Mr. Tact

Oh, and I was 2 for 4 in picking the final four. If MSU could have pulled it out I would have been 3 of 4. If Florida can win Saturday against UConn I'll win the small pool with my IRL friends.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2014, 09:10 Mr. Tact

Did Valve actually say there were working on HL3 at some point?  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2014, 12:33 Mr. Tact

.... My towering buddy Redwood posted a photo of us from QuakeCon 1998..
Blue wearing a blue shirt and blue jeans, who woulda thunk it?

News Comments > $100 Wolfenstein: The New Order CE Has Statue, No Game
20. Re: $100 Wolfenstein: The New Order CE Has Statue, No Game Mar 27, 2014, 09:37 Mr. Tact

I'll admit to having purchased two or three CEs over the years -- but this one holds no interest with me.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2014, 09:34 Mr. Tact

The snow is gone here but today it is 33 degrees and raining. Yuck. And we have a chance of snow on Saturday. Oy!  

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
147. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 14:41 Mr. Tact

fujiJuice wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 14:37:
If Carmack was in the know about this I doubt he would have supported it, what with his own experience in relinquishing control to a higher power.
Maybe -- depends on what the money situation was. If this means more capital to do stuff they might not otherwise have been able to afford to do, Carmack might be supportive of it.

141. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 12:49 Mr. Tact

Rhialto wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 12:30:
Many here don't like Facebook, but have an account there, right?
Not me. Never have, never will.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 26, 2014, 09:52 Mr. Tact

I wouldn't say "never works well", but yes it can be problematic in certain circumstances, and likely to be in this one.  

132. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 09:25 Mr. Tact

grudgebearer wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 09:17:
My respect for Carmack has been waning for years...him working for Facebook just sort of kills it off.
Respect his work, not the companies which buy each other without input from him. As I said in the other post on this subject, Carmack hasn't worked for anyone but himself in a LONG time. If FB fucks with what he is interested, he will simply leave.

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Mar 26, 2014, 09:03 Mr. Tact

Newsflash: Crazy people are crazy! Film at 11.  

125. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 09:00 Mr. Tact

I have a 10+ year old Toshiba laptop I was planning on throwing in the trash -- you think I could get Zuckerburg to buy it from me for a few million?  

50. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2014, 08:53 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 18:50:
mch wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 18:42:
So...does this mean Mark Zuckerberg is John Carmack's boss?

Carmack probably just made somewhere between $50mm and $200mm. Is anyone his boss?

Carmack has been his own boss for a LONG time now...

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined
34. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 26, 2014, 08:38 Mr. Tact

Krovven wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 05:56:
So right after making my last post I logged in and played. Still on Torment 1, and was going through the area after Blood Marshes...up to the Ram. I first got a Rare 2h that was about 2500dps with 1000+ Int, no socket. Was an upgrade over my lvl 60 offhand and 1600dps wand with socket. Not long after I got a M...Reaver 2h axe, no socket that was 2600+ dps, with int and vit. I used that and 10min later I got a Scourge 2h sword, 2600+ dps, lots of int, has socket, 3000+ life on hit and an effect of 20% chance to trigger a demonic rage. Freaking sweet weapon. The thing explodes with this awesome green effect constantly annihilating everything within about 5-10 yards.
Wow -- RNG is being much kinder to you than it is to me. So far the only Legendaries I have found were not upgrades -- only one weapon, which was only a minor dps upgrade, but since mine has a nice proc, I haven't replaced it.

33. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 26, 2014, 08:34 Mr. Tact

The expansion does seem significantly tougher than the game was previously. I started the expansion with my Wizard at T1, an hour in I shifted down to Master -- at the first "major" boss after 3 failed attempts, I shifted down to Expert.

One clear problem -- Phantasms are clearly busted. I'm glad I was not playing Hardcore. They sometimes have some kind of life steal skill which takes 20% health at range and apparently does not have a cooldown. I was killed by them several times before I even knew what was doing it. Blizzard has already said they need to be adjusted but it will take a patch apparently.

However, that aside -- I have really been enjoying the game and I'm looking forward to starting a Crusader once I've finished Act V for the first time.

16. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 25, 2014, 11:42 Mr. Tact

I was impressed by that -- in the game, and then without a hitch or burp or having to log out and back in I'm able to start Act V. Was very well done.  

1. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 25, 2014, 09:38 Mr. Tact

Here at work with a lack of sleep -- got to 64 last night and didn't seem that far into the Act... enjoying it so far. I did have to tune down the difficulty a notch, Torment I was a bit much.  

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party
45. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 25, 2014, 08:07 Mr. Tact

Wow, that fire pillar event early in Act V is brutal.  

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party
25. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 24, 2014, 15:17 Mr. Tact

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 14:46:
Although I do feel a cold coming on, I wonder if I will be too sick to go to work tomorrow?
Save the illness for Wednesday -- there are bound to be delays and problems during the launch Tuesday.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos
4. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 10:19 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 09:29:
I guess I wasn't aware until the video yesterday that other classes were getting new spells. That's pretty cool!
Well, for the levels 60-70 they'd pretty much have to, right? Don't think there is anything new south of 60...

3594 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo