Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3612 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans
20. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans May 8, 2014, 08:28 Mr. Tact

Yeah, immersing yourself in another language is very helpful, but unfortunately a bit tougher on the US side of the pond -- with the possible exception of Spanish. I mean, sure if you live in New York or Chicago, you might be able to head to the appropriate neighborhood, but for most of the country another language is a LONG way away. It's so different from Europe.

It would be nice to know a second language just for the cool factor, but at my age it's not going to happen. Unless possibly, my close circle of friends all suddenly decide we should all do it.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WildStar Open Beta This Week
20. Re: WildStar Open Beta This Week May 8, 2014, 07:53 Mr. Tact

Darks wrote on May 6, 2014, 22:00:
I was one of those who played WOW for many years, was in a very good guild and Raided all the time. I can tell you this now. 40 man raids Fuck that! Do you have any idea what itís like to try and get 40 people together at one time?
Must have been a lousy guild. I also played WoW for many years including 40 man raids in vanilla. We raided 20+ hours a week and always had extra people outside the instance waiting to join the raid.

We were the first Alliance guild to kill Nefarian on our server. One of my best memories of the game -- it happened two hours after the normal end time of the raid (2 am for me) only had 38 people, and 8 of them were second stringers, including me. I was so pumped I didn't sleep that night.

So, it can be done but I do agree it's no small task.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2014, 07:35 Mr. Tact

I love watching NFL games, but watching the draft? *ugh* Worse than watching baseball.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 8, 2014, 07:33 Mr. Tact

This is the link to the actual cool down calculator.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse May 8, 2014, 07:20 Mr. Tact

The last sentence of the article: "AOLís profits dropped from $1.048 billion in 2012 to just $92.4 million in 2013óa fall of more than 90 percent."

I'm really surprised they made over a $1B so recently.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans
14. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans May 6, 2014, 13:33 Mr. Tact

dj LiTh wrote on May 6, 2014, 08:47:
Which is good for my dumbass as i dont think i'll be learning german anytime soon.
I tried German in HS and college -- but couldn't get it into my brain. I am just not wired for multiple languages.

15. Re: Go Sports May 5, 2014, 09:07 Mr. Tact

Quboid wrote on May 4, 2014, 16:52:
Are football/soccer teams owned by Americans given any attention in U.S. sports coverage? Clubs like Liverpool FC, Manchester United, Aston Villa, Arsenal (in part), Sunderland and AS Roma?
Basically, no. There is some coverage available on the more obscure sports channels, and ESPN SportsCenter will report on major tournament results, but that's about it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2014, 09:04 Mr. Tact

Portal taking two slot in the top ten? Weird. Great game, but odd it's back in the top ten.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2014, 13:40 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I was puzzled by the Portland story too. I thought the exactly same thing you mentioned, I assume wildlife is pissing and pooping in the reservoir and that this is pre-treated water. So, what is the problem?  

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 15M
9. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 15M May 2, 2014, 07:41 Mr. Tact

Every time I look at this I amazed. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and played the hell out of it. But the fact it sold 1 million PC copies in the last three months? Crazy!  

8. Re: Evening Metaverse May 1, 2014, 12:01 Mr. Tact

As posted recently, possibly the most accurate "commercial" ever.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse May 1, 2014, 09:34 Mr. Tact

Unfortunately I fear I will not live to see FTTH in my area -- despite being a town of over 100,000. Not that I really need it, but if I had it, I might find a use for it.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2014, 09:23 Mr. Tact

Success! Today is a win!  

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2014, 09:22 Mr. Tact

Alright... what am I being stupid about? I cleared my cookies and cache in attempt to fix something else that wasn't working -- and now here at Blue's it's no longer remembering which topics/posts are unread.

When I come to the site for the first time in a day, I look at one topic and when I return to index, nothing is marked as unread. Ohhh, is this it? The "remember me" on the posting page... *fingers crossed*

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 09:02 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 05:17:
Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 16:48:
I've always wanted someone to take a stab at doing Roger Zelazny's Amber series. HBO could do it justice. Do me a favour and talk to the head of programming and see if you can't make that happen.
Fuck yes. I offer the full use of Cutter's body in whatever way necessary to ensure this comes into being. Allthumbsup
Certainly they could make it, the obvious question is can they find someone who can do it well? I fear the chance of a good series vs. a bad one would be 50/50 at best.

News Comments > PC Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare in June
6. Re: PC Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare in June Apr 28, 2014, 12:22 Mr. Tact

Wow, I realize that "trailer" is purposely tongue-in-cheek, but it's still pretty annoying.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2014, 07:52 Mr. Tact

18 years, so that makes you both a spring chicken like age of 36, right?  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2014, 17:15 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 16:34:
Pentagon unveils life-size 'Atlas' rescue robot.

1. Let me know when they make a life sized Atlas like this.
I'd be more interested in a robot like this.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month
10. Re: BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month Apr 24, 2014, 13:01 Mr. Tact

As I've said in the past, if I could easily drive there or lived in the area, I'd probably go every couple of years. But not worth the flight...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 21, 2014, 16:00 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 12:43:
Can you think of a single successful modular product?
Legos?

3612 Comments. 181 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo