Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3525 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer
9. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 10:39 Mr. Tact

Wizards can wield two weapons? Wow, I did not know that.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play
26. Re: SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play Mar 19, 2014, 10:32 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 21:27:
Sadly, the games sold 10+ million and 2+ million copies respectively.
Yes, this is the unfortuate/bad part. Even though they did make efforts to "fix" the game. They didn't really need to and there isn't much incentive for them to stop putting the ODRM into their games.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2014, 10:23 Mr. Tact

Do you like Pro basketball, Blue? Personally I greatly prefer the college game -- the pro game allows WAY TOO much contact, not to mention the three steps, no dribble, no travelling calls.

It's quite the event for my close friends. For the last 15 years or we have gotten together for this. It started out as a 34" Trinitron flat screen tube, two 27" tvs and a 24" monitor so we could be watching all 4 games simultaneously. Now we are up to a 65" plasma, two 55" images from projectors on the wall on both sides of the plasma and a 38" LCD. This first 4 day portion is the best, 12 hours a day of basketball, and more beer and snacks than we should really consume.

5. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 10:11 Mr. Tact

Yeah, there does seem to be some odd mechanics at work in certain situations, I suspect I need to waste some time to hunt down the ones impacting my characters...  

News Comments > Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses
7. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 10:07 Mr. Tact

Linksil wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 09:59:
Also it's not a single player game,
It's whatever you want it to be. If you want to play solo you can, if you want to play coop. you can. Regardless, the fact remains it shouldn't be necessary to be on-line for solo play. And I've not heard or seen an legitimate argument to indicate otherwise.

3. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 09:59 Mr. Tact

Got to hand it to them, they do make great trailers.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
46. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 19, 2014, 09:07 Mr. Tact

I would have been okay with them keeping the GAH. However, with them making the Set Items and Legendaries being BoA -- there really isn't much point is there.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2014, 11:28 Mr. Tact

I always thought the Irish would start complaining someday about a holiday center on them and drinking -- but to my knowledge that hasn't happened yet...  

News Comments > EverQuest Turns 15
5. Re: EverQuest Turns 15 Mar 17, 2014, 11:25 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 10:26:
I never got very far into EQ...I remember I fell down this hole into a dungeon, and trying to find my way out, kept falling deeper and deeper. Finally gave up and never went back...
I never played EQ after hearing so many stories like this and the infamous "rat grinding". I'm sure it was better later, but I never got the taste for it. WoW would end up being my first MMO.

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode "Almost There"
4. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Mar 14, 2014, 09:25 Mr. Tact

When they significantly increase the allowed size for a city I might, MIGHT, think about buying this.  

34. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2014, 08:08 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 16:46:
1) Get a hybrid HD/SSD.
I didn't even know such a beast existed, interesting. I'll have to look them up.

46. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2014, 08:03 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 17:36:
You only need 2 pages for stash now. Drops are so good you don't need to hold anything, maybe a few things. But 1 page dedicated to pages and unique items (foot, bell, etc), gems, and materials and 1 page for unique stuff. Everything prior to Loot 2.0 is garbage.
Well, you are right about previous loot beginning bait for enchanting materials. Which is only going to be repeated again when the expansion comes out. Everything you have now, will get replaced. However, if you build one of each character, and want different builds that require different gear -- which is kind of one of the main things about Diablo, right? Then there is not enough room for gear. Yes, if you pick a character and play it unendingly in the same way, the stash is big enough.

Now granted, I'm not out of space yet because I've only been playing for three week (as of today) and I only have two 60's each with only one build so far -- but I see the problem coming down the road. And as I said before, if PoE can literally have hundreds of tabs, Blizzard should be able to figure out how to charge me $20 for another one if I want it. If you don't want it, great!

45. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2014, 07:57 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 17:34:
Well, I crank up the difficulty, and don't think I have gone more than 30 minutes for a drop. Even got a couple in a very short time....Usually get 3-4 per ACT. Previous to Lot 2.0 - Maybe 1 every 40 hours.
So, you are playing what? Torment IV?

38. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2014, 11:58 Mr. Tact

You'd think the money he could make off selling tabs would be even better -- but it hasn't happened.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 13, 2014, 10:59 Mr. Tact

Yeah, it was close for me. I get a fair amount of stuff from Amazon, but I usually get 3-5 day free shipping. I just added it up and I spent around $50 on shipping last year. So I'd have to double my orders for it to be worth it.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 13, 2014, 09:54 Mr. Tact

He was fortunate to hit the one story recycling center. If he had hit the ground he would be dead.  

34. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2014, 09:02 Mr. Tact

I read some where that the beta had five tabs, but Blizzard reduced it to three as a "performance enhancement". Supposedly the five tabs were using up too many resources -- which sounds like total bunk. Don't know if they actually said it, if they did and it's true it sounds like a really bad design problem.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2014, 07:59 Mr. Tact

ViRGE wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 20:56:
So there's no sense loading it on new machines when it only has another 5 years of support left.
I'm certain the deadline for support on Win7 will get pushed back multiple times, as it did for Win XP.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2014, 07:56 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 23:19:
Legendaries are dropping every few minutes, and almost all drops are for the character I am playing. I went through all of my gear and sold or salvaged.
Either RNG is being much kinder to you than to me, or this is an exaggeration. I'd say I average a Legendary every 60-90 minutes or so, although I haven't carefully timed it.

My biggest gripe so far -- the stash. Come on Blizzard, with PoE I can literally have hundreds of tabs. Let me buy some more tabs -- you like that micro-transaction stuff now.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2014, 14:26 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 14:12:
117 hours in 2.5 weeks? Are you unemployed or something? Playing on the job? What's your secret?
Work full-time, but I am single. The 19 days covers three weekends, so figure 12 hours each Saturday and Sunday, that alone makes 72 hours. So that leaves only 4-5 hours a night on the weekdays...

3525 Comments. 177 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo