Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3348 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2014, 21:49 Mr. Tact

Is it just me, or is that a REALLY fast turn around on the Veronica Mars movie?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2014, 17:54 Mr. Tact

Once again, different strokes for different folks. Beach access isn't the "be all and end all" for everyone. I'll pass.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2014, 15:24 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 14:05:
I encourage anyone to consider living in California or Hawaii for a year. You will experience the freedom to be outside all year round. I believe you'll never want to return anywhere else.
Different strokes for different folks. Four years in Hawaii and 3.5 in the south (Montgomery, AL) and I far prefer a climate with real seasons. Even if I did like the warm all year climates, California would be at the bottom of the list. For reasons covered by others in this topic.

I'm glad your happy in California. I'm happy in the Mid-West and it would take lottery level amounts of money for me to switch places with you.

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2014, 17:40.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2013, 13:04 Mr. Tact

What Verno said.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2013, 13:04 Mr. Tact

Biology has failed us. If only our bodies could change to just dump all those excess calories instead of storing them. I have no need to go out and hunt my next meal....  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2013, 18:31 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 17:27:
So if Team A is favored by 20 points to win, they'll give some lame reason to go with Team B instead of stating the obvious.
Point spreads aren't exactly gospel either. Mostly they are a matter of the market. Vegas wants the same amount bet on both sides. So, even if Team A "should win", if significantly more people are betting on Team B because they are more popular, Team A will start "getting" points to encourage betting on that side.

Edit: *ugh* gospel, not gossip -- damn fingers

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 2013, 20:47.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2013, 16:30 Mr. Tact

On the Insiders not being better than us, this goes along with commentators often being a beat late -- I'd say three or four times a game one of us will make a comment on the game we are watching only to hear the commentator say the same thing 15 seconds later.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2013, 16:27 Mr. Tact

Haha, directly on topic I'd say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g81pwETvtI

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2013, 10:30 Mr. Tact

Congrats Warpig. If only Arizona had pulled off the win against San Fran. I would have been 15-1 instead of 14-2, and I suspect you would have dropped a game, and I could have won. Oh well, good battle. I hope I can do as well next year.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2013, 22:46 Mr. Tact

*ugh* Well done!  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2013, 21:03 Mr. Tact

Well, I pulled out a 13-2 going into SNF -- with 100% of the league on Philly, that game is meaningless. Hopefully, a 13-2 is enough to get me the regular season win..  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 29, 2013, 20:14 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 12:28:
What was wrong with SC4? Beats the fuck out of the newer version.
My bad, coach. I did get my versions confused. I was thinking of the on-line horror.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 29, 2013, 12:11 Mr. Tact

You know what's sad? Seeing Sim City 4 at 75% off for $4.99 and knowing it still isn't worth buying. *sigh*  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2013, 11:24 Mr. Tact

They could win that game -- Detroit has nothing to play for so they won't be any more motivated than the Vikings. Vegas says Minnesota by 3.5.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2013, 11:18 Mr. Tact

Good luck to my fellow first place league mates in the Blues' Beat the Insiders league. I've picked two games currently showing less than 40% of the league agreeing... I suspect those two games will decide where I end up...  

46. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2013, 09:05 Mr. Tact

I'd say I haven't been unlucky. Most people who live their lives in the Mid-west never get tornado damage to their property.  

44. Re: Into the Black Dec 24, 2013, 08:17 Mr. Tact

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 03:08:
As a Native Californian, I would GLADLY trade winter and summer humidity AND tornado's for earthquakes. Earthquakes are over before you even know it started, where as when ya hear a tornado siren ya got maybe a min or 2 to get your shit and get to cover.

Trapped on a island?!? Are you nuts? 1)your now on a island 2)your property value just went through the roof!

To each their own.

I've lived in the Mid-west for 37 of the last 41 years. At least I know when the tornado is a danger to me, can't say that for earthquakes. And in all the time I've lived here, none of those tornadoes have come close to my property. And even if one had, I am confident the only way I'll be killed by a tornado, is if it comes in the middle of the night and the sirens don't wake me.

Those other four years I lived in the South, and frankly -- I didn't particularly care for it being warm in the winter. Winter is what makes Spring so great. That it can be 50 degrees and you feel like it is very warm.

Yes, trapped on the island. Have you lived on one? Even as a child ages 6-10, when I lived in Hawaii I "felt" the fact we couldn't drive away. We were stuck there. Granted, you aren't "really" stuck, but it's a convenience thing. Currently if I want to travel to another state, I can jump in my car and go. Not an option in Hawaii.

16. Re: Into the Black Dec 23, 2013, 14:41 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 14:39:
I'm puzzled why anyone would choose live anywhere else rather than California or Hawaii.
Earthquakes, don't want to be trapped on an island.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2013, 11:04 Mr. Tact

Okay, so what is the story here? The a gap in the way insurance works, or that Blizzard is cheaping out on their employee's health care coverage?  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2013, 11:36 Mr. Tact

Fly wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 23:46:
I just watched the video about Zina Nicole Lahr. Immediately fell in love with her. Never knew about her before and really wish I did. What a beautiful mind and woman.
Yeah, I never heard of her prior to this either. Definitely an interesting person, I'm sure it's a huge loss to the people in her life.

3348 Comments. 168 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo