Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3585 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2014, 11:11 Mr. Tact

Verno wrote on May 14, 2014, 10:46:
The RoRG isn't too bad I find, I usually just run split bounties on Normal for an hour or two until I have a full stash tab of caches then make a private game, cash them all and spend 5 mins picking up all the loot. I've yet to do this on a character and not have the ring sitting there amongst the piles. It would really suck to get disconnected there though. It's not always a well rolled ring but oh well.
The drop chance is the same in Normal as in Torment? That's a bit disappointing. Guess that's what I need to start doing...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2014, 09:25 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on May 14, 2014, 09:23:
Wewt! Was just reading about how we can get rid of the generic armor items needed for crafting now (as they now use mats instead).
Yeah that was nice, gave me back an entire tab on my stash... I still want to be able to buy more tabs though.

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2014, 09:06 Mr. Tact

On the bounce house blowing away -- did they fill it with hot air or something? Helium? Seems like part of the story is missing... I could believe one of those things would tumble along the ground bouncing up a few feet here and there, but fly away?  

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
5. Re: Take-Two Financials May 14, 2014, 08:39 Mr. Tact

I remember when I thought this company was barely avoiding bankruptcy, always seemed to have two left feet.. but they managed to find their way somehow...  

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2014, 13:11 Mr. Tact

You know, on the one hand it seems a terribly unfortunate way to die. But on the other hand, if I'm healthy enough at 74 to be using stairs, I'll be pretty happy. There are certainly lots of much worse ways to die...  

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2014, 07:49 Mr. Tact

Slightly disappointing to find out I was as clueless as most about the "hot coffee lawsuit" -- not sure who deserves more credit, poor journalism or great PR.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 12, 2014, 11:13 Mr. Tact

That would be somewhere between interesting and amusing. I'm sure there are many who would love to get access to the code base just to see "what the hell XP was really doing".  

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
58. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 12, 2014, 09:19 Mr. Tact

Rats! Forgot about trying this over the weekend.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2014, 08:48 Mr. Tact

First Mother's Day since my mom died in October, wasn't as bad as I feared. I hope all of you with Mothers that are still alive did the right thing.  

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
24. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 14:54 Mr. Tact

Not surprisingly a wide selection of viewpoints to choose from. I think I'll try to find some time to get a go.. see what I think.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2014, 10:33 Mr. Tact

Well, if you don't want people calling you Walter, I suggest you don't use WalterEgo as your handle/nickname.  

News Comments > Don't Starve Multiplayer Expansion This Summer
5. Re: Don't Starve Multiplayer Expansion This Summer May 8, 2014, 10:27 Mr. Tact

I thought it looked interesting.. I watched a couple Let's Play videos of it. But it didn't grab me enough to buy it.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2014, 09:44 Mr. Tact

Happy Bday, Walter!  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans
20. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans May 8, 2014, 08:28 Mr. Tact

Yeah, immersing yourself in another language is very helpful, but unfortunately a bit tougher on the US side of the pond -- with the possible exception of Spanish. I mean, sure if you live in New York or Chicago, you might be able to head to the appropriate neighborhood, but for most of the country another language is a LONG way away. It's so different from Europe.

It would be nice to know a second language just for the cool factor, but at my age it's not going to happen. Unless possibly, my close circle of friends all suddenly decide we should all do it.

News Comments > WildStar Open Beta This Week
20. Re: WildStar Open Beta This Week May 8, 2014, 07:53 Mr. Tact

Darks wrote on May 6, 2014, 22:00:
I was one of those who played WOW for many years, was in a very good guild and Raided all the time. I can tell you this now. 40 man raids Fuck that! Do you have any idea what itís like to try and get 40 people together at one time?
Must have been a lousy guild. I also played WoW for many years including 40 man raids in vanilla. We raided 20+ hours a week and always had extra people outside the instance waiting to join the raid.

We were the first Alliance guild to kill Nefarian on our server. One of my best memories of the game -- it happened two hours after the normal end time of the raid (2 am for me) only had 38 people, and 8 of them were second stringers, including me. I was so pumped I didn't sleep that night.

So, it can be done but I do agree it's no small task.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2014, 07:35 Mr. Tact

I love watching NFL games, but watching the draft? *ugh* Worse than watching baseball.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 8, 2014, 07:33 Mr. Tact

This is the link to the actual cool down calculator.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse May 8, 2014, 07:20 Mr. Tact

The last sentence of the article: "AOLís profits dropped from $1.048 billion in 2012 to just $92.4 million in 2013óa fall of more than 90 percent."

I'm really surprised they made over a $1B so recently.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans
14. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans May 6, 2014, 13:33 Mr. Tact

dj LiTh wrote on May 6, 2014, 08:47:
Which is good for my dumbass as i dont think i'll be learning german anytime soon.
I tried German in HS and college -- but couldn't get it into my brain. I am just not wired for multiple languages.

15. Re: Go Sports May 5, 2014, 09:07 Mr. Tact

Quboid wrote on May 4, 2014, 16:52:
Are football/soccer teams owned by Americans given any attention in U.S. sports coverage? Clubs like Liverpool FC, Manchester United, Aston Villa, Arsenal (in part), Sunderland and AS Roma?
Basically, no. There is some coverage available on the more obscure sports channels, and ESPN SportsCenter will report on major tournament results, but that's about it.

3585 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo