Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3609 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 18, 2014, 21:01 Mr. Tact

I think the article makes that pretty clear. However, since their lobbyists are lining pockets in DC, odds are they'll get credit for the ploy. I'm not sure what the chances are they'll get approval for the merger, but I'd guess at worst it's a coin flip.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses
38. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 18, 2014, 20:26 Mr. Tact

You have cable and it's not stable? That seems odd, I take it you are semi-rural?  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 18, 2014, 20:13 Mr. Tact

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 18, 2014, 15:37:
AT&T and DirectTV are merging. Two companies that need to go out of business. Sweet!
Unlikely to happen in our lifetimes.

36. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 18, 2014, 20:09 Mr. Tact

Ant wrote on May 18, 2014, 18:59:
Ah, bah to the online requirement especially for single player.
It is stupid and unfortunate. However, if you enjoyed D1 and D2, the game is worth ignoring that problem -- assuming you have a stable internet connection.

34. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 18, 2014, 18:57 Mr. Tact

Ant wrote on May 18, 2014, 18:49:
Is D3 better or good as D2 and D1? I didn't like its beta.
I'd say other than the on-line requirement, it is as good as D1 and D2 since loot 2.0 and RoS. I waited almost two years to play the game, and it was worth the wait.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2014, 07:50 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on May 17, 2014, 19:52:
Was 73 F here on the beach.
Were you on the beach because your neighborhood was on fire?

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2014, 18:28 Mr. Tact

I generally like it cooler rather than hotter too, but I'd much rather have mid 60s than 50s. I suspect we'll go straight from this cooler than normal spring to the oppressive summer heat...  

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2014, 17:37 Mr. Tact

High of 53 yesterday (normal high on that date, 75) the low was 39. I had to turn my furnace back on....  

37. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2014, 11:19 Mr. Tact

I suspect there is currently a global warming trend, though I'm not convinced how desperate the situation is or that the warming is being significantly exacerbated by humans. I've heard/read both that there is unprecedented melting of ice in Antarctica and a huge build up of ice.

I'd love to hear an intelligent, well moderated debate on the subject. That seems unlikely to happen -- people on the extremes of both sides seem to be overstating their cases. I've seen arguments on either side eviscerated.

31. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 15, 2014, 16:59 Mr. Tact

Cram wrote on May 15, 2014, 16:43:
One quick note, you can use Marquise on your lvl 1 chars. There is no lvl requirement on gems anymore, so find a slotted weapon as quickly as possible and throw a red marquise or higher in it DPS+++ level on master diff or higher.

Edit: ah hell another point. I personally never store anything above flawless imperials in my stash, i always end up using them to reroll rings/amulets. I can't see the point in storing gems above flawless (especially of each color), if you're spending the money making royals and flawless royals you likely have an item you specifically want to put it in anyway.

It would still be nice if Blizzard introduced a "wallet" similar to what ANET did in Guild Wars 2 but include gems.
Yeah, I know I could use the higher level gems on the low level characters, but I don't like to. Just a personal quirk.

You clearly have more gold in D3 than I do. On my "main" I have not yet gotten my gems for my chest and legs up to flawless royals. And even when I do, there are all my other characters. Let alone enough to make all the imperial flawless I would like to have for re-rolls.

34. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 16:31 Mr. Tact

$131.50 per credit hour at the local two year Community College, assuming a 15 hour semester, 1 year = $3,945 for tuition alone. A lot cheaper than the 4 year state university, but not "no tuition at all".  

29. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 15, 2014, 16:26 Mr. Tact

PHJF wrote on May 15, 2014, 15:32:
Considering the only gems of any value are Marquise gems...? So that's, what, six slots in your stash?
And the five types above it, at least. That's 25 slots. Plus if you want to keep some of the pre-RoS ones when you build new characters..

Let me be a pack rat if I want to. Sell me tabs!

32. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 16:20 Mr. Tact

Yeah, even in state isn't cheap. My local state University:

http://admissions.illinois.edu/cost/tuition.html

Residents

Tuition and fees -- 15,602 - 20,606*
Books and supplies -- $1,200
Room and board (10 meals/week) -- $10,848
Other expenses -- $2,500
TOTAL -- 30,150 - 35,154*

28. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 14:58 Mr. Tact

Tesla Model S prices (from the web-site):

60 kWh $69,900
85 kWh $79,900
85 kWh Performance $93,400

Prior to rebates.

That said, yeah at those prices they aren't going to replace the combustion engine any time soon. But then Ford's Model T wasn't exactly an every man's car. I will say this -- the Tesla Model S is the first electric car I can say I would actually drive if I could buy it.

27. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 15, 2014, 14:02 Mr. Tact

descender wrote on May 15, 2014, 11:47:
I'll give it some points there too, the stash is pretty annoying in D3 with 7,000 different unique crafting materials. Allegedly they are going to remove all crafting materials from the regular inventory in an upcoming patch though.
I hope they do the same for gems. Crafting mats and gems take up almost an entire tab for me currently. And make gems auto pickup like gold does, even better -- make that a toggle setting in the options.

24. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 13:58 Mr. Tact

In case it wasn't clear, I was specifically referring to Idiocracy the film not an actual type of government. And the US has been in the hands of the rich for a long time now. Most of the founding fathers weren't exactly 'till the field' farmers.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 13:09 Mr. Tact

Verno wrote on May 15, 2014, 11:41:
I worry though man, I see kids head down in the phone walking into traffic and other stupid shit like that almost every day. Change is fine but I wonder if being so disengaged socially and lacking that personal component that you only get face to face is really a good thing for people.
Yeah, on the one hand the curmudgeon in me wants to hail it has the down fall of society. But I know older people have been saying that about youth for centuries if not millenniums -- so, I try not to take it too seriously and just hope/assume it will work out. I don't think we're headed for "Idiocracy" yet..

25. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 15, 2014, 11:26 Mr. Tact

PoE does get bonus points for allowing me to buy as many stash tabs as I want.

I'll probably go back to PoE at some point I'm sure, but right now D3 has my attention.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 10:47 Mr. Tact

Verno wrote on May 15, 2014, 09:54:
It's going to be interesting when our daughter reaches the early teens, I think I'll make her buy and pay for it herself along with the monthly fees to hopefully forestall the addiction as long as possible.
My niece will be 12 in August and has been lobbying my sister and her husband for a phone for a long time already. Basically, she is one of the few kids in her class that doesn't have one. But she does have other electronic devices including a Kindle and her own computer -- which sits in the same space as her parent's computers. But she also does ballet, soccer and softball (although I think ballet may have displaced softball). It is definitely a parenting thing.. you need to get them doing something other than looking at a monitor of some kind.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse May 15, 2014, 08:31 Mr. Tact

At the risk of being called a troll myself, I'll say the guy trolling on the article about trolling is partly -- PARTLY right. He obviously stretches his argument/point past reasonable limits, but there is some value in remembering the child's chant of "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me." Too many people are way too sensitive these days, especially on-line.

I've said for years how it always amazed me how quickly so many people got so mad if you insulted their mother. Really? Like I ever met your mother? And I've always enjoyed the idiot who would say, "What? Are you a fag?" My response, generally was always, "Why? You looking for a date?"

Bullying on-line and IRL are real problems. And sometimes just walking away or ignoring it is a solution. But sometimes it goes past that level -- that's where we need to focus our attention.

3609 Comments. 181 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo