Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3818 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1053. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 25, 2015, 15:49 Mr. Tact

You talked me into it. Took going to a couple of stations, finally ended up with this.

I'll give it a spin, see what I think. I do like the view from the cockpit...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2015, 11:02 Mr. Tact

Indeed, one of my favorite sayings: "Consistent luck is indistinguishable from skill."  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2015, 10:45 Mr. Tact

Not quite pure luck on the Table Tennis shot, but mostly.  

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Changes
13. Re: Homeworld Remastered Changes Feb 25, 2015, 10:41 Mr. Tact

I'm going to consider this... I tried the original Homeworld and initially liked it but either got bored or pulled away by something else -- I don't recall which. I know I didn't get very far into it. Watching TB's video I am tempted to retry it with the Re-mastered version...  

1051. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 25, 2015, 10:32 Mr. Tact

Looks to me like a properly equipped Clipper is about $83M. If I sold both my Asp and my Type-6 I'd still be short $30M...  

1046. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 23, 2015, 21:07 Mr. Tact

*ugh* -- that would be a $7m hit for selling the Type-9... Look on the brightside, you were able to grind more than I was able/willing to.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2015, 14:00 Mr. Tact

People have been saying humanity is doomed for at least a couple of thousand years now. I'm sure we'll survive the wave of "fame as a reason to live" mentality, we have far worse problems.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2015, 12:26 Mr. Tact

I imagine the gift bags are at least in part to get the stars to show up. Plus Audi doesn't mind giving free rentals to famous people, it's just advertising budget, that's all. As far as, why have the show -- because people want to see those "Stars". Just because you and I aren't star-stuck doesn't mean millions of others aren't.  

1043. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 22, 2015, 09:30 Mr. Tact

Made it back to populated space..

Distance traveled: 12,000 ly +
Repairs: 2,261 (and most of that probably came from an NPC that interdicted me four systems from the end of the run)
Total systems sold to Cartographics: 503
Largest system sale: 37,200
Average for all systems: 7,240
Total sale: 3,641,779
Explorer rank went from Trailblazer to Pathfinder
The way First Discoveries are given/listed was not conducive to counting. In my estimation it was more than 100, possibly more than 200, but I wouldn't think much more than that.

Not sure what I'm going to do now. I'd like to try a Python or some other ships but I'll be damned if I feel like grinding for the cash to buy them. I think I may take a break from the game for a while.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
80. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 09:11 Mr. Tact

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 05:33:
Actually I'm in for over $3200. As I've said before, I've spent far more over a weekend in Vegas.
If it's ok with you I'll continue to spend money on my hobbies that are important to me. If I have it to spend/waste then what business is it of yours to say how I spend it?
In principle, I agree with you. As I've said before, I spent over $1,000 in subscription fees on WoW over 6.5 years and I believe it was money well spent. But $3,200 for a game you haven't tried yet? That seems excessive, but I guess if you have so much money you think about dropping 3 grand on a game the same way I think about spending $30 on a steak dinner then it makes some sense.

Also as I said before, I hope you get your money's worth. Because for that to be true, it will have to an awesome game. And that means we will all win. However, I won't be holding my breath or betting the house on it.

1041. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 21, 2015, 10:55 Mr. Tact

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 10:39:
Query: Do we know if "First Discovery" is the first detailed scan of the object or the first person to SELL the data for a detailed scan of the object?
D'OH! Nevermind, the webpage says first sale.

1040. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 21, 2015, 10:39 Mr. Tact

Query: Do we know if "First Discovery" is the first detailed scan of the object or the first person to SELL the data for a detailed scan of the object?

Comment and query: My biggest gripe for the functionality of the game right now is the automated slow down in cruise mode with going to in system objects very far away. Why does it start slowing down when I am still more than 100,000 ls away? This is quite annoying, anyone found a way around it?

News Comments > Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia
18. Re: Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia Feb 21, 2015, 08:52 Mr. Tact

Redmask wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 08:39:
I don't play anymore but I just wanted an in-game method of unlocking more stash space. They really don't give you enough.
While I agree in principle, it really isn't so bad now that they have the stack limits on the crafting materials so high.

1037. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 20, 2015, 22:38 Mr. Tact

Vall Forran wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 13:09:
This is kind of cool. There's a data dump with people who the first to discover objects in the game. It's a few weeks old, so Tooch is probably half-way up the list by now.

And I'm not completely sure what the 'tag' is based on. I think it might just be from using a discovering scanner without actually scanning them. I just can't imagine actually scanning 96,000 objects.

http://dump.bass-speaker.com/chart.php
The page says it's static data provided by FD and unlikely to be updated. That is really too bad, even a once a month update would be really cool.

1035. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 20, 2015, 08:22 Mr. Tact

Undocumented Alien wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 08:18:
Also be interesting to see what kind of repairs you have to make from such a long journey.
Well, I brought along a Auto Maintenance Unit, but I haven't used it. All the modules are reporting 100% still..

1032. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 19, 2015, 22:49 Mr. Tact

Ended up just over 6,000 ly from Sol, on my way back now. Looking forward to finding out how much cash I get from the exploration and how far up the explorer rankings I move...  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2015, 21:32 Mr. Tact

You are right, Nin. WAY too many people get pets without any thought into what effort will be required to care for the pet.

Dogs are cool, but I have no desire to "clean up" after one of them. Not too mention the issue with them needing to go out when there's snow on the ground and/or its zero degrees out.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2015, 20:18 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 10:42:
That's why the man has always done a lot of editing on other people's work, anthologies, a lot of short stories, etc. because he'd rather be doing anything else than writing a saga. He's said as much many times over the years how much of a chore this sort of thing is for him.
Which is exactly why I refuse to start reading A Song of Fire and Ice until he actually finishes it. Which he may not before dying, in that case I'll have saved myself a good chunk of time and probably a lot of frustration.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2015, 20:14 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 13:09:
I love my dogs almost as much as I love my wife and my son. There is nothing greater, other than family, in owning a dog.
I like dogs, but I'd never own one. Way too much work, especially for those of us in areas where real winter bares its teeth. If I were going to get a pet it would probably be two cats.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2015, 20:12 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 12:55:
The word "genius" seems insufficient to describe current chess champion Magnus Carlsen. ... I remember reading an article about him playing 12 games of chess simultaneously without looking at any of the game boards. Of course, he won them all.
I agree with your assessment. I saw a film clip of this event, I believe during a 60 Minutes piece on Magnus. Absolutely insanely stunning...

3818 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo