Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3819 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
46. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 9, 2015, 09:19 Mr. Tact

Well, gee -- since there has been no stretch goal since $65M that makes everything okay then.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
458. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 08:57 Mr. Tact

Okay, here is a modified 11 station loop.

11 Stop Loop

All credit to those providing the information in the original Reddit post I linked earlier. I make no claims to the efficiency of this route. In fact, I suspect it criss-crosses itself but *meh* whatever. Also I know there are some rare locations not on this list that are single jumps away from stations on the list. But, all the stations are within 100 ly of the next on the list.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2015, 09:20.

456. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 07:51 Mr. Tact

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 05:52:
Vall Forran wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 22:56:
Docking computer!!!!??? Wtf? For shame...
I was using docking computer out of lazyness
How fast does it dock? I might consider it if docked really quickly.

455. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 07:48 Mr. Tact

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 05:52:
MrTact any particular reason why you are using a Cobra instead of a Type 6?
Costs.

I went from starting in a Sidewinder on 1/1, did some upgrades but realized I was going to need to upgrade to a different ship no matter what I did. Tried to do some rare runs, but with a cargo capacity of 4 it didn't work well. So, scraped together enough cash for the Hauler and some upgrades then ran that until I could afford the Corba.

I'm kind of anxious now to build out a bounty ship and do some fighting but I'm also considering a type 6. If I did that I could probably build back to where I am in significantly less time. The bigger/better ships in this game are REALLY expensive.

449. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 8, 2015, 22:07 Mr. Tact

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 21:41:
Thanks I'd appreciate it.
Also what is your cobra setup like? I assume you have no weapons or shield fitted.
Yeah, sold the weapons, no shields, max cargo minus a class 2 internal compartment with a fuel scoop. Upgrading the thrusters and I believe the power distro is helpful so you can boost away from interdictions.

I have grade C power plant and thrusters, grade B FSD, and a grade A power distribution and fuel scoop. Which gives me a 16.32 ly jump fully laden.

446. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 8, 2015, 21:24 Mr. Tact

Well, that's kind of the intention of the loops. That the stations are within the 100 ly range of the routing in the galaxy map. However as indicated, three of the jumps in the 11 station loop are too long. But you certainly don't need more than 16 ly jump capability, and like I said, I think 12 is probably enough.  

444. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 8, 2015, 20:55 Mr. Tact

I'll try messing with it tomorrow, but I'm guessing if you have 12 ly jump capability, that's enough. Longer means fewer jumps between stations that's all.  

443. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 8, 2015, 20:37 Mr. Tact

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 20:35:
Well got a Hauler, upgraded the FSD and got rid of shield and everything. Have 24ly jump range and still can not get to the rare goods systems. Not a single one of them.
Not sure what else I can do

Huh? I was doing it in a Hauler with about a 16 ly jump? You understand the galaxy map takes time to plot the routes and won't plot past roughly 100 lys, right?

442. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 8, 2015, 20:35 Mr. Tact

My Cobra is setup with 52t of cargo space and it's not quite enough for the 11 stop loop. I sometimes can't fit all the rares. It's on the boring side, but it gets you the cash.

I'm working on cleaning the loop up some. Three of the stops are more than 100 lys apart, so you can't plan a full length station to station route. If I managed to get it fixed I'll let you know.

438. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 8, 2015, 19:07 Mr. Tact

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 17:49:
Yeah I am saving up for the ASP, pretty far away though. My Cobra is around 1.5 mill with the upgrades and have another 500,000 in the bank, so I am far away from flying one yet.

Looked into some trade runs last night but they pay peanuts compare to combat. I can not get to where the rare goodies are, just don't have enough jump distance.
Buy a Hauler, upgrade the FSD and do some shieldless rare runs. It won't be long before you have enough to replace the Hauler with a Corba as a trader and then the money will flow. Still have my original Sidewinder, sold the Hauler when I upgraded to the Corba. According to the stats page I've spent 2.3 M on outfitting, and I have 6.2 M in the bank, I've had the game since 1/1.

This reddit post has links for a big spreadsheet of rare locations, a 30 stop rare loop and 11 stop rare loop.

430. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 8, 2015, 11:37 Mr. Tact

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 10:36:
Lame. You can not simultaneously discovery scan an unexplored star and run your fuel scoop.
I lied. You can do this, you just have to be facing the star. Duh! And of course if you are doing that you'll want to neutralize your throttle so you are only going forward at 30 km/s.

428. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 8, 2015, 09:26 Mr. Tact

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 09:08:
Although now that I am flying the Cobra myself I found the 2 Beam 2 chaingun setup to work a lot better.
"chaingun" = Multi-cannon?

426. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 8, 2015, 08:03 Mr. Tact

Also, I'd be interested in specific suggestions for setting a Viper for some bounty hunting.  

425. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 8, 2015, 07:58 Mr. Tact

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 18:52:
Yeah I am running rail guns on the Viper which may be my problem. Maybe I trade it for a Cobra and do an all rail setup I saw Tim did in his video.
Have a link for the video?

421. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 7, 2015, 10:36 Mr. Tact

Lame. You can not simultaneously discovery scan an unexplored star and run your fuel scoop.  

420. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 7, 2015, 10:34 Mr. Tact

Class = Size
Grade = Quality

Weights are not set within a class. A better grade item in the same class might weight more or less.

416. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 7, 2015, 07:24 Mr. Tact

Awesome Vall! I had been wondering if anyone had put a ship configuration tool like that together.  

411. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 6, 2015, 21:03 Mr. Tact

Looking more closely it appears perhaps the class 3-6 are just place holders...

Edit: No, I found class 3 and 4 Fuel Scoops at a station..

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2015, 21:41.

409. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 6, 2015, 20:28 Mr. Tact

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 19:35:
Class 2 type A will do 75 units, which, I believe is as high as you can go. There's no scoop higher than class 2 that I'm aware of. A class 2 scoop will fill your cobra up really quickly, and they are fairly cheap. I think I bought my class 2 A scoop for around $300k.
According to the Wiki, there are class 1-6 fuel scoops. But I haven't gone looking for them. Thanks for the info.

405. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 6, 2015, 18:34 Mr. Tact

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 13:29:
So! I tried out bounty hunting using interdiction. It's pretty cool! I sold my fuel scoop because it's too slow with the Asp's ginormous fuel tank and replaced it with the interdictor.
Okay, I was wondering about this. I'm currently running a Hauler doing rare runs to make money (thanks for the suggestions, guys). I was going to upgrade to a Cobra to do some more of it. And I was wondering about getting a fuel scoop. Now the Corba is a "4" ship, with three class 4 and three class 2 internal compartments. Would a class 2 grade A fuel scoop be sufficient -- or would I have to have a class 4 for it to be practical?

Also, been running shieldless -- do shields help against star heat? Is it silly to use a fuel scoop without shields?

Edit: spelling

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2015, 18:39.

3819 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo