Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3584 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 09:39 Mr. Tact

It really is going to hit the Earth, it's just the NWO made them withdraw the report!  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 14:34 Mr. Tact

NewMaxx wrote on May 27, 2014, 13:06:
I've put in about 40 trees (including limes, oranges, tomatoes)
Tomato trees?

I drink diet dew, so no HFCS for me -- just cool stuff like potassium benzoate and aspartame! Whatever. Frankly, if it hasn't killed me after 20+ years of drinking in the quantities I do, it can't be that harmful.

Edit: I know, bad logic. A smoker could say the same thing. *shrug*

This comment was edited on May 27, 2014, 14:52.

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 12:06 Mr. Tact

descender wrote on May 27, 2014, 11:18:
Why? Is avoiding something full of carcinogens meaningless unless you avoid every single substance that's bad for you? No, of course not.
It is meaningless if you are eating other processed foods. I guarantee if that bothers you, there is no processed food that doesn't have a step which you would find unacceptable.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 11:14 Mr. Tact

Rattlehead wrote on May 27, 2014, 10:30:
Soda is gross, who knows what goes into that crap. I wouldn't drink anything that color.
Unless you grow all your own food, this attitude makes zero sense.

News Comments > Memorial Metaverse
7. Re: Memorial Metaverse May 27, 2014, 08:59 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2014, 13:01:
Much as I hate Twitter it's not like they have a choice. It's either that or don't do business there. Ars on the other hand censor people all the time and it's not government mandated, so who's the greater evil.
Are you talking about censorship of comments? Or do they have forums or something? Even without knowing for certain what you are talking about, I suspect Ars comes no where close to the level of censorship used by Pakistan.

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update
14. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 27, 2014, 08:40 Mr. Tact

Ant wrote on May 24, 2014, 21:36:
I still have the game box unopened. I still haven't tried it. :/ Is it worth even trying? I liked the movies.
The owners of the game appreciate your participation.

News Comments > Memorial Safety Dance
3. Re: Memorial Safety Dance May 26, 2014, 21:32 Mr. Tact

If my experience is any indication the issue with expired SSL certs. is usually the paperwork to pay for them, not the technical side of getting them in place.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2014, 22:11 Mr. Tact

Alamar wrote on May 25, 2014, 14:55:
Most techie peeps have DVRs and a lot of their friends/family, but I would guess most people still don't.
You have to figure anyone with satellite tv has one, and most cable systems offer them now. I haven't seen any numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me if it has reached a majority status...

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2014, 15:04 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on May 23, 2014, 13:41:
Global strategic reserve? Yeah, because in time of war or natural crisis the people NEED maple syrup!
That sentence is damn funny. I don't know if they were going for a laugh, but they got one out of me.

15. Re: What Patrick Stewart Would Say to His Younger Self May 23, 2014, 14:54 Mr. Tact

The man never fails to disappoint, the more I see of him the more I like him.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
14. Re: Evening Mobilization May 23, 2014, 08:41 Mr. Tact

Move to the correct state and you can have it now...  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 23, 2014, 07:56 Mr. Tact

Some people have too much time on their hands -- I did chuckle though..  

News Comments > Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent
35. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 22:25 Mr. Tact

You do realize that happens regularly, right? Look at MMOs. I'd have to play twenty hours a week of D3 for years before I'd catch up to the time I spent on WoW.  

28. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 15:11 Mr. Tact

AngelicPenguin wrote on May 22, 2014, 14:46:
I actually thought the drop rates pre-buff were fine and during the buff were rather absurd. It's not unusual at all to get out of a rift with 5+ legendaries.
Once again, I guess my luck just sucks. Getting 5 legendaries in a single rift would be extremely unusual for me. I'd say one is about average. I haven't kept careful stats, but I said it's roughly equal chances of getting none, 1 or 2 -- with a small chance, maybe 5% of getting 3 or more from a single rift(T1/T2).

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
12. Re: Evening Mobilization May 22, 2014, 13:32 Mr. Tact

Thanks, but I have enough "sweetness and light" in my life without LSD.  

15. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 12:41 Mr. Tact

I'm with descender on this, I have 200+ hours on my Wizard and I doubt any of my slots are BiS. And while T1 is a breeze and T2 is fine, I can't run T6 yet...  

11. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 11:44 Mr. Tact

InBlack wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:40:
Verno wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:34:
Awesome, I love the new rates.

Last night I got Lut Socks, IK helm, IK 2H, Pull of Earth, Cindercoat x2, Pride of Cassius, Sun Keeper and a bunch of other stuff. As someone else put it, this game is totally feast or famine. In 2 hours last night I got more awesome drops than I did in 2 weeks prior, my Barb is almost BiS on everything now. Can't wait to get home tonight and try to rock some T6.

Heh, I manged to farm the RRG (thanks for the advice Verno) and currently need to either find an IK or Raekor's Helm (or better yet IK belt) and I will be able to field IK & Raker's set at the same time!
Verno, I wish I had your luck. I tired Verno's advice on RRG, I'm over 50 act one caches with that method, plus whatever I had before without a ring. *sigh*

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
49. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 17:47 Mr. Tact

It looks promising and I want to support single player games, but the curmudgeon in me wants to wait for a sale.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 14:38 Mr. Tact

DukeFNukem wrote on May 20, 2014, 14:26:
h2o is poisonous huh? Thanks, I didn't realize that either. So fluoride good for increasing my IQ. h2o poisonous to the body. Got it. Hey, thanks guys. *cough, cough*. I appreciate it.

"Water intoxication, also known as water poisoning or dilutional hyponatremia, is a potentially fatal disturbance in brain functions that results when the normal balance of electrolytes in the body is pushed outside safe limits by over-hydration."

From the wiki link Beamer and nin posted -- and I was going to post before I saw they had...

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
28. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 11:55 Mr. Tact

50 GBs -- that is a lot of textures.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2014, 12:23.

3584 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo