Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Tact

Real Name Mr. Tact   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mr. Tact
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 17:38
Total Comments 3941 (Veteran)
User ID 20582

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2015, 20:05 Mr. Tact

Pfft, 40 is easy -- wait until you hit 50...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold
18. Re: Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold Mar 2, 2015, 18:42 Mr. Tact

Shok wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 16:39:
This is long overdue. I hope the gold sellers go out of business but I doubt it.
This is the only part that interests me, will it be enough to kill third party gold and by extension, the "gold farmers". It will be interesting to see what impact, if any, it has.

47. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2015, 00:09 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 19:14:
Of course. I'm merely conveying that I believe the fame should be as result of quality, impact, education, invention or inspiration not just for the sake of spamming, influencing, shocking, or making controversial for the sake of becoming known and gaining advertising hits or making someone rich.
This has to be a purposeful troll, right? All the people who have said they were inspired or impacted by the character of Spock. And if Nimoy did anything shocking or controversial, other than write a book titled "I am not Spock", I don't know what it is.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2015, 00:36.

59. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 19:19 Mr. Tact

Apparently it depends on the assumption being made by your brain. If it thinks/believes/assumes there is a lot of light on the dress, then you will see black and blue. If the brain thinks/believes/assumes there is not a lot of light on the dress, then you will see white and gold. Pretty interesting.

(I see white and gold)

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1081. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 27, 2015, 08:10 Mr. Tact

Vall Forran wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:13:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 18:41:
Which reminds me, back to the looking for pirates thing. It is quite annoying my sensors can't tell the difference between a single cargo canister and a convoy of six "clean" ships...
I guess you can upgrade your sensors. In fact, I'm gonna do that. The resource extraction zones are annoying. I see the blinking triangles, then get there and they are ejected low value cargo.
I think this only increases the range, not the accuracy or effectiveness.

1080. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 27, 2015, 08:02 Mr. Tact

Ahh, I am an idiot. Had totally ignored/missed the fact that there were different icons for the stations. Still, when you select the station, part of the information on the location should be the available pad sizes. Thanks.  

1077. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 26, 2015, 19:06 Mr. Tact

How do I check the target station? I mean, I know how to find it in the System/Galaxy map, how do I tell what type of station it is?  

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
2. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 18:53 Mr. Tact

Most utilities are reasonably regulated -- power, water, telecom. Is it perfect? Of course not, but when you are dealing services that are monopolies, or duopolies it comes down to which devil do you trust the most? Or if you prefer, the lesser of the evils. The ISPs had their chance, their actions have brought this on themselves.  

1075. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 26, 2015, 18:41 Mr. Tact

You know, I had heard about this but it just happened to me for the first time. Took a mission to deliver some goods (42 tons), only to discover I've been sent to a location that can't dock large ships. Come on FD, figure this out. What a screw.

Which reminds me, back to the looking for pirates thing. It is quite annoying my sensors can't tell the difference between a single cargo canister and a convoy of six "clean" ships...

45. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 18:04 Mr. Tact

While I think it reasonable to be cautious of government regulation on the Internet, I also think it was clear we were reaching a turning point that threatened to go wrong.

Why were ISPs choking Netflix traffic? Netflix paid for a specified service, Netflix customers paid for a specified service, then the ISP decides to choke it down? What the hell? Don't agree that happened? Then how come the problems went away when Netflix came to an agreement with the ISPs to pay more?

Yeah, the government might screw this up. But it is the fault of the ISPs it is happening. If they weren't greedy bastards, it would have continued along as it had...

38. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 17:40 Mr. Tact

It is probably more appropriate to compare it to

The telecom industry
The power industry
The water industry

the other public utilities.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 16:36 Mr. Tact

I don't know their entire position, but it starts with two things:

1) Letting the government gets its hands on anything, is always a bad idea. Government gets in the way of innovation and stifles competition.

2) The Internet has been fantastic all these years without government regulation, why make a change now?

27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 16:27 Mr. Tact

If you are expecting me to explain the insanity of "conservative politics" you are barking up the wrong tree.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 16:18 Mr. Tact

BobBob wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 16:03:
Why is there so much Anti-Net Neutrality news floating around today? I thought net-neutrality was basically to stop 'extortion' and 'bribery' of the Internet -- to prevent tolls, fees, favoritism, etc? What am I missing?
Haven't you been listening to Rush? Net Neutrality is just a play by the Ds to get control of the internet. You'll never be allowed to say a word against them once they have control.

1072. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 26, 2015, 15:47 Mr. Tact

Thanks Spectral, I knew about the trading site, but Vall seemed to indicate he found his own and I was just wondering how he goes about doing that...  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 15:38 Mr. Tact

The process has only barely started, I believe Verizon has already said they'll take legal action to oppose this.  

1070. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 26, 2015, 15:37 Mr. Tact

Okay, two things:

1) Really wanted your guys spin on this:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 20:54:
Okay, this is one of the things I really dislike about this game. Picked up a "Kill 4 pirates" mission. Went to the system, spent over 2 hours cruising around with 1,000 ls of the primary star -- no pirates.
2) Vall, how do you find your large quantity trade deals? Do you do screen captures at two hubs and compare the various prices or what?

1067. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 26, 2015, 07:59 Mr. Tact

Vall, link your current T-9 and Clipper setups please. (mainly interested in the Clipper, but while you are at it... :D)  

1062. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 25, 2015, 21:55 Mr. Tact

*ugh* Well, my Grade D shields were probably partly to blame but I was almost killed by a NPC Python -- over 600k in repairs. Seems like turreted weapons might be a necessity.  

1061. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 25, 2015, 21:23 Mr. Tact

Vall Forran wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 18:12:
And doesn't the t6 count as a 'small' ship? Makes sense it would be more maneuverable.
Type-6 is a medium ship, Clipper is large.

3941 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo