Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rich

Real Name Rich   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tainted
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 9, 2004, 09:49
Total Comments 18 (Suspect)
User ID 20577

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 Soundtrack Part 1
1. Re: Portal 2 Soundtrack Part 1 May 25, 2011, 17:00 Tainted

It's fantastic that Valve is giving this away for free. A lot of companies would charge for it  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Carmageddon Countdown
9. Re: Carmageddon Countdown May 21, 2011, 18:19 Tainted

I loved this game when I was a kid.  

News Comments > Obsidian Not Making Alpha Protocol 2, But it Would Be Better
4. Re: Obsidian Not Making Alpha Protocol 2, But it Would Be Better May 21, 2011, 18:17 Tainted

I found the whole setup and idea of it very appealing. But the gameplay itself was too awful to suffer through.

Glad I grabbed it for 4 from Steam rather than full price!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fate of the World
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fate of the World Mar 1, 2011, 04:01 Tainted

Demo please!  

News Comments > Move PC Support Planned?
8. Re: Move PC Support Planned? Feb 2, 2011, 03:33 Tainted

necrosis wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 10:25:
SirKnight wrote on Jan 31, 2011, 22:49:
I don't like the PS3 controller. It's too small and hard/awkward to hold. It must have been made for kids or midgets. The 360 controller is 1000000x nicer to hold.

Move is awesome and I'd like to see it for the PC. I find move to be better than Kinect since you have motion AND buttons.
OK Hulk.

That's what I thought when I read that. The Playstation controller is perfection. I have 2 for my PS3 and an old PS2 controller I use with my PC.

Fantastic gamepads

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jan 3, 2011, 10:10 Tainted

Thanks for keeping us up to date blue. Must have taken ages.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 2, 2011, 15:29 Tainted

Dead Space is a good game. Didn't work on my pc because of a major bug but its a pretty rare one aparently. Played it on ps3 though and its very atmospheric and its more jumpy than scary.

Make sure to turn V-Sync off on PC or the aiming will be awful

So tempted to pick up Mafia 2 but I have 3 games on the go with 3 on my waiting list, can't bring myself to buy something I won't play for 3 or 4 months. And by then of course Portal 2 will be out...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2010, 17:59 Tainted

Merry Christmas all  

News Comments > StarCraft II Demo
14. Re: StarCraft II Demo Dec 22, 2010, 06:47 Tainted

i'll bite. i am definitely interested in the game, but i am unwilling to drop 35 on it regardless. No game is worth that much...  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
30. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 17:49 Tainted

LIQUID-SEX wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 17:48:
All you heathens should be ashamed!! Prez in all his greatness has gifted me with the will to game again. The alter and shrine for the great Prez shall start construction tonight. All hail the awesomeness that is PREZ!!

Damn, Prez. Looks like you'll have to buy this guy a Publisher catalogue...

29. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 17:48 Tainted

So what is everyone holding out for this year then? I'd love to see a juicy discount on Civ 5, Football Manager 2010 or Metro 2033 (I missed the one day sale last week... arrghh)  

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells $1M, Now on Steam
32. Re: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells $1M, Now on Steam Dec 20, 2010, 17:43 Tainted

I think that anyone who pays less than $10 for this pack needs to take a long look at themselves.

I already paid double that for the 2 games in the pack I already own...

22. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 17:16 Tainted

Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 16:11:
I'm having a Santa moment. The first person to send me a friend request gets a free game gifted to them by yours truly.

And among those who already are on my friends list, the first person to tell me that I am awesome will get the same.

EDIT: Steam name = 'Prez'. It's a fairly common name, so look for the sweet-looking Punisher avatar to make sure you have the right one!

Prez is true to his word! A true gentleman. Merry Christmas to you sir!

News Comments > On Mass Effect & Spore Copy Protection
206. Re: no subject May 7, 2008, 05:09 Tainted

cliffski. I bought democracy 2 from you a few months back and I throughly enjoyed it. However the way you are acting on here is shameful. Stop griefing people for god's sake. As you are an independent games developer you have an interesting point of view to bring to this debate.

Now, doing a quick search for Democracy 2 on a torrent search site I find that it has been downloaded nearly 1000 times. How do you perceive that? Do you believe that if some cracker hadn't hacked your game and put it on the internet that all 1000 of these people would have gone to your site and purchased your product?

My opinion would be that 99% of people who download games and other media from the internet illegally would never have purchased the item in the first place. They are either downloading to give them something to waste more of their pathetic lives on, or they are downloading more than they could legally purchase anyway (due to financial restraints).

Now if you had put this level of "protection" on democracy 2, I would not have bought your game. You would have lost me as a sale. Because the game was a present for my dad to play on his laptop when he goes away on business trips and holidays.

As I said on the Bioware forums. Treating me like a criminal and making me phone my parole officer every 10 days is total bullshit and I am now torn between I game I have looked forward to for over a year and not buying it for my principles.

News Comments > On Mass Effect & Spore Copy Protection
45. My post in the second thread. May 6, 2008, 17:22 Tainted

I just registered after lurking on this forum for months to post my total disappointment at the decision to include this insane copy protection system on mass effect.

I've been looking forward to the game for over a year after previously loving NVN, KOTOR and Jade Empire. However now I am considering not purchasing the item, and if it is true that all EA games will use this system from now on (and therefore all Bioware games) it is with huge amount of sorrow that Jade Empire will be the last game I buy from Bioware.

Personally, I won't be inconvenienced by this system as I have a always-on connection. The reason I am going to do this is a matter of principle. What of the people playing the game on their laptop with no access to the internet? What of people with a long-term internet problem?

Treating us all like criminals having to make an appointment with our parole officer is not going to endear you to your customers. And let's face it, all of this is in vain because every single game in history has been cracked, regardless of the level of 'protection'.

I urge you guys, talk to EA, show them this thread. At the end of the day we all lose. You lose customers and we lose the chance to play what I am sure is a great game...

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Patch
15. Re: is this the patch with the linux cli Dec 11, 2007, 08:28 Tainted

naw an E penis would be a quad extreme and dual 8800 GTX ultras...Mine is just a work computer that rocks for games..

Oh and if computer give Epenises here you people need lives LOL.Since when is 1200.00 deserving of bragging rights? If your not making that in a week or less you need to get off bluesnews and go back to school. Or out of moms basement, whatever comes first

If only there was some sort of universal sarcasm font or text colour that could be used online...

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 08:29.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Patch
12. Re: is this the patch with the linux cli Dec 11, 2007, 03:45 Tainted

wow, your e-penis is huge! well done you...

As for the game, it is a really good play when it actually works. I have a mid-range pc which runs bioshock fine on high, yet I have had constant crashes with UT3. It's not so much a lack of polish but a lack of testing. Hopefully this patch will fix the crashes or I'll just put it back on the shelf and wait for the next one.

News Comments > Disney Acquires Junction Point
17. After Deus Ex 2..... Jul 13, 2007, 04:32 Tainted

It will take a lot for Spector to redeem himself. Took me hours to get a stable framerate on that bloody game of his and I persevered for hours wishing it would suddenly become as good as the original Deus Ex.

Probably the game that most disappointed me... ever.

As for this disney connection, interesting...

18 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo