Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for manic half

Real Name manic half   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname manic half
Email manic_half@hotmail.com
ICQ 19121346
Description go away n00b
Homepage http://heterodox.mindsay.com
Signed On Apr 7, 2004, 17:27
Total Comments 863 (Graduate)
User ID 20549

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock PC Demo Nears
22. No subject Aug 13, 2007, 13:53 manic half

You'll go into a room and things like doors and statues will be very high res but the walls next to them will have this ugly low res texture.

god, talk about nitpicking. you type of people never really enjoy games because your too busy finding things that are wrong with it.

i just played the demo through 3 times on the 360 and never noticed anything you said once. and yes, im a PC gamer. everytime i played it i was left in awe at how fantastic everything looked.

the intro into rapture puts most blockbuster movies to shame in terms of atmosphere.

there are a few dumbed down things, such as collecting things off dead bodies and what not. but i dunno, i find it hard to decide if its actual dumbing down or just streamlining. *shrugs* either way, the demo alone is my game of 07!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stranglehold to Require Dual-Core CPUs?
36. Re: True that Aug 11, 2007, 12:03 manic half

POS? have you played the game?

i have the demo on my 360 and i cant stop playing it. its an action masterpiece. cant wait for it to be released.

News Comments > C&C3 - The Revolution WILL be Televised
6. No subject Aug 7, 2007, 23:43 manic half

i love the game but ya know, if thats what they class as a "revolution".. we have some dull gaming ahead of us :<

News Comments > Hellgate: London in November
12. No subject Aug 6, 2007, 16:14 manic half

cant wait. ill be building a new pc around that time too.

i still have not decided about the whole multiplayer thing tho. obviously it has its pro's and con's.

more pro's for me because i will probably pay :p

News Comments > Rage ShakyCam Movie
7. No subject Aug 5, 2007, 16:30 manic half

i didnt totally understand the main bullet points of the engine until i watched those vids but now i get it.

i find it bizarre how he's always 2 steps ahead of everyone else but im not complaining! looking forward to rage.

edit - also forgot to mention that whole several developers editing the same level thing will surely help speed up game development somewhat if done correctly. i actually smiled when he first mentioned it and then he said he smiled when it was being used too haha

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 16:33.

News Comments > Rage Announced
25. No subject Aug 4, 2007, 05:02 manic half

i like the way ID does FPS so im looking forward to this. i know it wont be changing the face of gaming but i dont mind

and im sure i read somewhere once carmack said 360 was the main development platform but it was coming to the rest?

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Announced
1. even tho we already kinda knew.. Aug 3, 2007, 16:27 manic half

but w00t!

News Comments > Evening Q&As
3. Re: IGA Q&A Aug 3, 2007, 02:35 manic half

ive only ever seen adverts in game that ever 'fit' ONCE. and that was in R6:Vegas.

he may 'get' it, but what devs need to get is that for us gamers to put up with ads we want to see some sort of benefit. free content or cheaper games for one.

News Comments > More on World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
1. so! Aug 2, 2007, 11:08 manic half

anyone want to make any predictions as to what it will contain?

ill say the level cap raised to 80. i dont think they will bother with any new race/classes.

News Comments > New WoW Add-on Spied?
4. Re: Northrend Aug 1, 2007, 03:38 manic half

northrend was the obvious choice. i personally would rather be serving arthas than fighting him but oh well!

i actually think they shouldnt add an arthas battle in the game at all. i mean, hes the coolest bad guy in the WoW universe. and they call him the 'immortal lich king' all the time.. so. yeah.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Patch Update
4. Re: PC gaming is dead.. Jul 31, 2007, 15:15 manic half

i really like the game.

but i only got about a quarter of the way into it when i read the original story about the patch being promised within a few days. so i figured id wait for it and start fresh. and im still waiting..

News Comments > THEY Announced
5. Re: Wow! Jul 31, 2007, 00:40 manic half

wasn't there a movie from the 30's or something called they?

love my weapons? are they going to make the worlds first boob gun?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
14. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2007, 09:45 manic half

carmack pwns you all.

im also a believer that pc gaming will never die. for the simple fact that they make the bloody console games on them.

to be honest ive never really seen the pc as a competitor of consoles in any way. its just always been its own thing and the consoles have been theirs. *shrugs*

either way i love my pc and prefer gaming on it.

News Comments > Silicon Knights Sues Epic Games
18. No subject Jul 19, 2007, 22:52 manic half

gotta love our games industry. this stuff just comes outa left field!

EDIT - after reading the update at gamebiz, i actually agree with SK and why they are sue'ing. but i think its also a case of them being rather bitter about that bad E3 showing of theirs, which as it turns out is apparently epics fault.

hopefully blue will update the story more to reflect what im saying or the people in this thread can go check it out

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 22:57.

News Comments > Disney Acquires Junction Point
11. No subject Jul 13, 2007, 00:36 manic half

im personally looking forward to the interviews warren spector will do in a day or two trying to convince his fanbase how this can possibly be a good thing.

Deus Ex: Kingdom Hearts Wars

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. No subject Jul 12, 2007, 11:16 manic half

thats strange. i felt this E3 was quite good for news and media on new games. maybe it was anti-climactic due to the lack of boobies? women boobies that is.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Trailer
10. No subject Jul 12, 2007, 05:26 manic half

everyone was kinda excited/interested in this game until not to long ago and BAM, roper somehow killed off all interest in it from most of this community.

im still sorta looking forward to it, but roper can kiss the fattest part of my arse if he thinks im paying to play it online.

News Comments > F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate Announced
5. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2007, 12:46 manic half

MILK IT!

the story/characters were ok with the original fear, but the combat is still some of the best in any game youll find i think.

but the only reason i would play a FEAR related game today is to find out more about alma and the point man and what not. and this apparently has nothing to do with that, so ill wait for monoliths next one :p

News Comments > World in Conflict Beta Today
1. No subject Jul 11, 2007, 11:37 manic half

i took part in the closed beta and i really enjoyed it.

short rounds of utter destruction

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Revealed
7. No subject Jul 11, 2007, 11:37 manic half

awesome! stalker is is still one of my favourite games of all time.

863 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo