Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for manic half

Real Name manic half   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname manic half
Email manic_half@hotmail.com
ICQ 19121346
Description go away n00b
Homepage http://heterodox.mindsay.com
Signed On Apr 7, 2004, 17:27
Total Comments 863 (Graduate)
User ID 20549

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Thief 4 Hint?
3. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 15:43 manic half

i thought that digg was an error.

also i remember someone from eidos saying they wanted theif to move to a futuristic setting because the whole medieval setting has been 'done'.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > City of Heroes/Villains In-game Ads
19. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 09:13 manic half

Optional. Aup. Shun. Uhl. Some of you people need to get a little less dense before you start attracting your own satellites.

you may need to take some of your own advice. you can clearly see we are discussing why they need it at all. troll fails.

News Comments > City of Heroes/Villains In-game Ads
13. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 00:00 manic half

You ALREADY HAVE TO PAY A FUCKING MONTHLY FEE!

/signed

News Comments > H.A.W.X Announcement, Trailer
33. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2008, 16:46 manic half

deep & challenging as a hooters girl

heh heh!

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 16:46.

32. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2008, 16:44 manic half

ugh, i just watched that trailer. that was hollywood style horrific.

i am actually annoyed at Ubi for not also releasing a tool so that we can un-see that trailer.

we sit here and joke about how gaming is getting worse and worse, and then we see stuff like that. *shudder*

1. No subject Apr 3, 2008, 14:22 manic half

the Tom Clancy name does not mean anything anymore in regards to games does it?

i know at point when you saw Tom Clancy's name on it you kinda had an idea of what to expect.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Announced
24. No subject Apr 3, 2008, 13:59 manic half

i found this while searching (sorry for the size)

The intel (gathered from the preview and an interview with Producer Mark Noseworthy in the same Belgian magazine, PC Gameplay):

- Uses the Essence 2.0 engine with Havok physics, all optimised for DX10 and multicore support.
- It looks great, think of the DoW intro but with a bit less polygons here and there (in terms of lighting and all that it looks almost exactly the same).
- Units also use CoH-like unit AI for awareness and pathfinding to find cover and such.
- While DoW 2 shares the same (upgraded probably) engine as CoH it won't be "CoH in space", while soldiers in CoH will ask themselves if flanking the enemy is the right option, in DoW2 it will be more like Space Marines asking themselves if they should use their jetpacks to jump over an Ork squad to attack them in the back. Different settings, different kinds of warfare.
- Preview only showed a destroyed city landscape, akin to DoW (but more detailed), other tilesets will offer deserts, jungles, mountains and other cities.
- Only the Orkz and Space Marines were revealed, more races on the way obviously and to be to revealed later this year (though how many isn't known).
- Co-op campaign for both the Orkz and Space Marines, apparently not for the other to-be-revealed races.
- More focus on making units and squads unique; every unit has got a name (at least in the campaign it seems), more details and more animations.
- Relic wants to give players rewards at the end of a mission like wargear (armor, weapons, rare objects); "Let's pimp out squads with cool stuff!", you will see these items in-game as well of course.
- You'll fight your way through the campaign with the same squads.
- You can't control more than six squads! I am not sure if this is campaign-only but the preview made it sound like it wasn't.
- The squads are going to be a lot more interesting than before though.
- A squad leader (one or several?) will need to survive if you want to complete a mission; you really have to look out for your squads and don't treat them like cannon fodder.
- There is a lot more interesting commentary from the units as well; if your SM commander is holding a Thunder Hammer f.e. then the opponent will specifically comment on that, Ork Warchief saying something like "Ooh, nice hammer, but mine is bigger!". The warchief will say something else if the commander doesn't have the hammer.
- The campaign lets Space Marines operate from a spaceship, you'll get a view of an underlying planet and you'll be able to choose from different missions (which are tagged with difficulty colours, green, blue and red).
- Certain reward items won't be useable at once in the campaign, so they'll be taken back to the SM spaceship for research.
- Dreadnought can now also trample Orkz.
- No sea or air units (though jetpacks are still in of course).
- Development team of 55 people has been working on it since September 2005.
- Release in early 2009 or later.

This is just a summary, the preview also describes the battles that were shown but that wasn't really revealing. Also remember that this is a translation based on the impressions of a Belgian gamesjournalist and on a translated-to-Dutch interview, some of the info might be incorrect or poorly worded in the preview/interview itself to start with, you never know with these first-revelation articles.

News Comments > Tiberium Website
1. No subject Apr 3, 2008, 13:54 manic half

nobody going to take a stab? :p

22. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2008, 13:54 manic half

Yeah - bummer! I am hoping for some screenshots soon.

do a search for them, the magazine article thats in german is scanned and on the net that has a few screenshots.

i'll see if i can find them, i have them saved on my pc somewhere.

1. No subject Apr 3, 2008, 08:48 manic half

the single only game i am looking forward too.

cant say enough good things about this game/series. its not perfect, but close enough for me

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes to Launch with Two Maps
16. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2008, 00:57 manic half

i play a bit of ET:QW right now and i'm glad it has as many maps as it does, so that it can rotate and keep things interesting.

i have no doubt the only reason there is two maps is that they can charge for the rest.

and "so maybe I'll buy an item which gives me double the experience points for a couple of days. So I'm still playing the game, I'm still having to be skilled at the game, but I'm just leveling up my character slightly quicker."

thats just horrific. unless i can find some 18+ only server im staying the fuck away from this game.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's HAWX Revealed
14. No subject Apr 3, 2008, 00:48 manic half

The only game that would really give a Clancy game a run for it's money in realism. Would be SWAT 4 on the PC. It equals the Vegas games in realism, even has non lethal weapons and the ability to restrain people with zipwire, in single and multiplayer.

the Vegas comment about realism made me laugh quite hard.

News Comments > Why No PC Madden NFL 09
16. Re: .. Apr 3, 2008, 00:45 manic half

It's called football yet they hardly kick the ball, this always confused me. This Madden character must be some eccentric genius.

i always wondered that too. they just sort of run into each other a lot.

and so you yanks dont get your game this year because other pc gamers are playing it on consoles? is this some weak attempt at forcing pc gamers to consoles?

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 00:47.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
6. Re: No subject Apr 2, 2008, 14:23 manic half

The servers were almost down the whole day yesterday because of the patch. Where is the refund?

remember the bit in the EULA that stated the game could go down at any time for any amount of time and theres nothing you can do about it?

i suppose you think that toon you have is 'yours' as well, right? hahaha

it's all blizzard's. your just paying for the 'pleasure' of using their services.

News Comments > Frontlines: Fuel of War Patch
8. Re: No subject Apr 1, 2008, 06:04 manic half

i had a lot of fun with the multiplayer beta, not quite sure why i havnt bought it yet.

and i dont mean to be anti vista, but surely removing vista would save you about 95% of your problems?

News Comments > PROTOTYPE Delayed? Multiplayer Cut
6. Re: lame Apr 1, 2008, 06:01 manic half

yeah, hes a bigspender but hes got nothing to spend it on.

game companies keep removing the features from the games we want so that we dont have to buy them. how nice.. ?

News Comments > Ghost Recon Tease?
30. No subject Mar 31, 2008, 07:21 manic half

you will never see the old pre-planning system ever again i would wager. can you imagine the halo3 kids trying to figure it out?

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
14. Re: Idiots Mar 31, 2008, 04:57 manic half

what the fuck?

its not like hes doing them any harm? hes HELPING them?
i cant my mind around it!

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: No subject Mar 28, 2008, 23:21 manic half

Then came halo for PC, pitchford opening his fucking mouth blaming gamers for his low quality work on the port, what a load of shit.

did he really? i didnt follow/play the halo pc port.

863 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo