Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for manic half

Real Name manic half   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname manic half
Email manic_half@hotmail.com
ICQ 19121346
Description go away n00b
Homepage http://heterodox.mindsay.com
Signed On Apr 7, 2004, 17:27
Total Comments 863 (Graduate)
User ID 20549

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > C&C3: Kane's Wrath Desync Issues
3. Re: LOL Apr 9, 2008, 16:00 manic half

err how do you fuck up the expansion?

didnt they release several patches to fix the standard game online? i bought the game but never played it online.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: No subject Apr 9, 2008, 00:27 manic half

own up, which one of you registered on that website just to defend COD4? heh heh.

but i agree with the article. its just a bunch of people running around firing and throwing grenades. shooting through walls to me is a terrible idea - people use that as a cheat in most online games so they decided to add it anyway?

thats the point of the cheat, to get easy/skill-less kills with no effort to boost your score.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Plans
15. Re: Oh boy Apr 9, 2008, 00:18 manic half

whatever happened to tumbler? wasn't he a favorite with hating valve also? i just remember him arguing with people a lot.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut
20. Re: You will see Apr 8, 2008, 22:52 manic half

the game itself was pretty good, but OMG way to break the atmosphere with that future crap and some dumb teenagers :S

yeah but OMG way to spoil it for the rest of us that have not played it. idiot.

News Comments > Games for Windows Magazine Website
26. Re: RIP GFW Apr 8, 2008, 22:52 manic half

I was a subscriber to GFW because they had some amazing writers who wrote some very thoughtful and insightful articles, the quality of which I've never seen online.

that would be nostalgia. that or you dont read much online.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Plans
5. Re: Oh boy Apr 8, 2008, 21:04 manic half

Here come the idiotic posts on how bad the game is or how bad the subscribing plan is.

Fault finding is a common ego boosting practice. You put yourself in a position of superiority, in this case, to people that do not share the same opinion as yourself. However, no one here shares you opinions because the rest of us have an IQ above that of a banana slug. Enjoy your repetitive postings and your overall mediocrity.

although i agree with you, is that some delicious copypasta?

News Comments > EverQuest II Updated
2. No subject Apr 8, 2008, 21:03 manic half

i bought that everquest II pack with all the expansions, i think i played it twice and never have since.

the only thing that appealed to me was player housing, but i couldnt stomach the actual game to get too it.

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Ass Creed Apr 8, 2008, 07:08 manic half

m aussie and I only go to the last page to get the summary.
As if read any review from any site ><

this is true. i actually only read previews of stuff.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
4. Re: Peter Molyensusuenasuzuecx Apr 8, 2008, 02:05 manic half

I still don't understand his obsession with making games that appeal to non-gamers. If a non-gamer wants to get into games, they'll do so. You don't have to go out of your way to dumb down games for them.

YES. THAT!

some people just dont play games not because they are gamers at heart that are scared of video games in their current form, but because they just dont have any interest.

that does not make them dumb and you do not have to dumb your games down in order to attempt to bring them into the fold.

also, molyneux, i like your games but just shut the fuck up. you need to stop talking about the game you see in your head, but rather the game you have thats in development.

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 02:05.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Ass Creed Apr 8, 2008, 01:34 manic half

i'm an aussie and i cannot stand the writing done by IGN.AU, i've never met another aussie who can.

News Comments > Novint's EA Deal
2. No subject Apr 7, 2008, 23:31 manic half

that controller scares me. it's a little too anal probe-ish.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: 5 PC games that deserve sequels Apr 7, 2008, 23:30 manic half

yeah i found the article rather strange. seems like he games in his very spare time and has played some rubbish and thats about it.

i dont see the point in making an article about it though considering the amount of different opinions and god knows how many games that need a sequel.

News Comments > Demigod on Impulse
26. No subject Apr 7, 2008, 21:12 manic half

ok well, they just basically sold Demigod too me. thanks GPG!

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 21:12.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Beta Patch
41. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2008, 22:13 manic half

We played the demo they provided us. And it was shit. Repetitive textures, crappy level design, the same monsters, over and over.

Ray and I both said at the time that it literally looked liked a $20 budget title.

i remember trying out the demo just to see what they were offering people and it was shocking badly. ive never seen anything so quickly chucked together and thrown out the door.

and i cant fault you guys for hating it based on the demo you tried, because the demo was terrible.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. No subject Apr 6, 2008, 22:10 manic half

i loved red faction I and II, but i cant help but notice that those shots look awfully Killzone II'ish.. is it just me?

not complainin, just sayin ;p

News Comments > Gold Sales Lawsuit
14. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2008, 22:10 manic half

Fine. Hash it out. Just not in my justice system. That is supposed to be reserved for actual important issues. This is a completely frivolous use of our courts and a disgusting waste of taxpayer dollars imho.

i have to agree.

News Comments > Gold Sales Lawsuit
3. Re: typo? Apr 6, 2008, 18:05 manic half

"According to defendant IGE, he has now right to sue because players have no actual ownership of property"

I think it should say "According to defendant IGE, he has no right to sue" ???

yeah theres a few typos in there. i think blues either tired, in a hurry, or too annoyed at verizon to type properly :p

News Comments > Hellgate: London Beta Patch
38. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2008, 17:21 manic half

i was in the alpha/beta and played it since.

i find that the core-game itself is quite good, thats why the rest of the bullshit angers me. it completely killed the game before it had a chance.

im not talking about reviewers or gamers, im talking about the devs themselves. all this bullshit price modeling and giving priorities to certain members and the biggest one of course, launching the game before it was ready.

i think they have may underestimated the power of word of mouth too.

i dont understand how they are continuing developing things for it, when other companies are shutting their doors?

News Comments > Rockstar Acquires Mad Doc
3. Re: Scholarship Edition Apr 4, 2008, 17:56 manic half

* Bully (Scholarship Edition)
* Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna
* Empire Earth (Gold Edition)
* Empire Earth II
* Empire Earth II (Platinum Edition)
* Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy
* Empire Earth III
* Empire Earth: The Art of Conquest
* Jane's Combat Simulations: Attack Squadron
* Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War
* Star Trek Legacy
* Star Trek: Armada
* Star Trek: Armada II

Empire Earth II was okay wasnt it? i cant remember.

News Comments > Thief 4 Hint?
25. No subject Apr 4, 2008, 17:53 manic half

im willing to bet bioshock is the new 'standard' for these type of games. so if you thought bioshock was dumbed down or what not i probably wouldnt get your hopes up :p

863 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo