Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for manic half

Real Name manic half   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname manic half
Email manic_half@hotmail.com
ICQ 19121346
Description go away n00b
Homepage http://heterodox.mindsay.com
Signed On Apr 7, 2004, 17:27
Total Comments 863 (Graduate)
User ID 20549

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > On Mass Effect & Spore Copy Protection
49. Re: no subject May 6, 2008, 17:25 manic half

All you sissies crying foul, I feel your pain. However, even HD movies *and* console games *have* copy protection; but nobody whines about those, do they? You mofos are only complaining because - as pirates - its just going to make things a bit harder. Wankers.

you really dont have any connection with gamers, do you? i mean, have you ever?

i've always avoided everything you've ever done because everyone warned me it was rubbish. on top of that it seems your just an incredibly unlikable person who dislikes gamers as a whole.

why are you even in this industry? or are you just bitter everyone loves kev levine?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: No subject May 6, 2008, 16:25 manic half

Don't see what the problem is. I guess if I didn't have Internet access I might mind but frankly that's not an issue for me. They don't make you keep the CD in the drive or anything. Why do people have issues with this?

without me going into a rant, go check those forums! the problems people have with it are all there. its actually quite a civilized discussion too surprisingly.

10. Re: This seems fair May 6, 2008, 16:21 manic half

people who complain about stuff like this were gonna pirate it anyway.

troll sense.. tingling..

8. No subject May 6, 2008, 16:18 manic half

i just found this on the forum of mass effect early on..

"EA is the publisher, so it wont be as bad as Bioshock or anything like that. Probably your standard CD check by Securom."

haha!

7. Re: No MEPC for me, I guess... May 6, 2008, 16:16 manic half

The worst part of it all is that Bioware is probably not responsible for this choice, but rather EA. This may well be the first sure sign of the kind of grip that EA has over Bioware; though I know Bioware means well, I start to doubt they'll be able to stand against the stupidity of our greedy EA. Once EA takes it over, it's game over for Bioware... and I'll weep for that.

EA technically owns Bioware don't they? as in, even if bioware was against it they couldn't do a thing? (correct me if im wrong).

only yesterday i was reading about how that actiblizzard guy was saying EA was sucking the soul out of the developers it aquires. heh.

News Comments > Blizzard Online Store
20. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 16:14 manic half

yeah but digital download version of Sins of a Solar Empire is the collector's edition with extra stuff. Even though they're in PDF form and kind of sucky. Plus there's consolation in the fact that all of profit goes to the people who deserve it.

why dont they just ask for donations then? i love SoaSE and its one of my favourite purchases this year, but i bought it retail and they didnt give me an option of extra stuff!

also this thread has made me get rid of the dust on my diablo2 box and i think ill see if i still dig it.

2. No subject May 6, 2008, 16:01 manic half

no, it will be using the no-cd crack i use once someone releases it

don't get me wrong, i'll be buying the games. but you know where you can put that copy protection? yeah..

edit - likewise i can see how this is only going to add to piracy, they sure know how to treat their loyal customers heh.

This comment was edited on May 6, 16:11.

News Comments > Prototype Delayed
6. Re: No subject May 6, 2008, 03:20 manic half

so, they cut co-op to get us the game in time. they had better hope to shit they put it back in.

News Comments > X-COM Revival Rumor
31. Re: No subject May 6, 2008, 03:17 manic half

i only ever played the demo of SWAT4, and i thought it was fun.

storming into that building and having one of the bad guys surrender and i put handcuffs on him, but i ran into the room shortly after and shot him in the head not realizing he was the guy previously. i felt bad and quit after that heh heh.

News Comments > X-COM Revival Rumor
15. Re: Ugh May 5, 2008, 22:54 manic half

it's cool in theory but yeah, a turn based game today? yeah right.

it will be a first person shooter with a squad to command. with aliens. named xcom.

edit - i didnt actually read any of the other posts in here. but now i see others share my view on what nearly all games will be these days.

This comment was edited on May 5, 22:57.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: ... May 4, 2008, 15:13 manic half

Personally I find the criticism of Oblivion to be very strange because I found it to be such an exceptional game but then I also find a lot of the criticism of Team Fortress 2 equally weird. I think some people just go in with unrealistic expectations and want to simply pick games apart.

or perhaps that they just personally don't find them enjoyable and have a (wait for it) different opinion than you? crazy, i know.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. No subject May 4, 2008, 03:01 manic half

i try to keep mine clean but i do have stretches of time where i forget and then i take off all the keys to clean it proper and.. *shudder*

heh heh.

News Comments > Valve Q&A
5. Re: No subject May 3, 2008, 09:35 manic half

What I want is that same feeling when you first fired up Half-Life 1 and started playing. Remember that? Take a moment and think back to when you first got your hands on it.

i kind of miss that too. i dont think we will see it anytime soon really, but maybe im just jaded :p

News Comments > Steamworks SDK
10. Re: No subject May 2, 2008, 07:19 manic half

as long as i dont have to log onto the internet and some irritating online service just to play my games.

News Comments > Gold - Penny Arcade Adventures
24. Re: No subject May 1, 2008, 19:37 manic half

It could be, if he didn't revert to eight grade level with unnecessary and ostentatious swearing. It clearly shows his vocabulary is pretentious. If your vocabulary is truly well- developed, you don't have to swear to make your point. Swearing is for the ignorant or depraved.

i couldn't have explained that any more perfect if i tried.

News Comments > Blizzard Gets Diablo3.com (Updated)
6. Re: Easy money May 1, 2008, 10:28 manic half

Geez, maybe I should buy www.gta5.com real quick.

they seem more like the type to bust out the lawyers, rather than the checkbook.

News Comments > Infogrames Buys Atari
9. No subject May 1, 2008, 05:10 manic half

so what happened to atari after the whole atari 2600 era? was it the same company that did the jaguar or another puppet company under the title?

i'll never forget playing pitfall and some submarine game i cant remember the name of. that shit changed me forever.

News Comments > Crytek to End PC Exclusives
170. Re: No subject May 1, 2008, 03:45 manic half

I really enjoyed crysis, I had a lot more fun with it then hl2 or bioshock.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that didn't like the first half of the game, and I'd put it right up there with HL2/Ep1/Ep2 and Bioshock...sadly the 2nd half of the game really sucked.

dont you dare insult bioshock like that.

News Comments > Prototype Co-op?
2. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2008, 12:29 manic half

well, i won't be buying your game due to your lack of co-op. i'm not interested in a sequel if you can't get the first one right.

863 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo