Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 1880 (Pro)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Warlock - Master of the Arcane
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Warlock - Master of the Arcane May 8, 2012, 18:31 Darks

I was on the beta for this game and got it for free. gotta love it.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jane Jensen's Kickstart Funded
1. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstart Funded May 8, 2012, 11:18 Darks

Was anything mentioned yesterday about Grim Dawn making it goal? Yesterday, they achieved their 280K so the game is going to be finished. If you all hadnít seen it yet, itís really looking good. They just posted a thank you video and some video of the archnist.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn

News Comments > The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons
2. Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 7, 2012, 20:30 Darks

Doesnít matter how much crap they add, itís way too late now. They will never recoup those lost subs. Can you say free anyone?  

News Comments > Diablo III Interview
15. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 11:19 Darks

Bucky wrote on May 7, 2012, 11:05:
nin wrote on May 7, 2012, 11:02:
I'm happy they kept the view isometric though, it just wouldn't have felt right from a third or first person viewpoint.

I would have at least taken a rotatable camera.

That would have been nice, but I've seen both Blizzard and Runic comment on how much more work it would create when it came to level design; with a fixed camera they know what you can see and only have to build the levels from that perspective.

Thats called being lazy as a designer and a developer. to not implement a camera is foolish in todayís gaming. Developers implement this style of camera so they can hide how lazy they were when they built the engine. This all falls back to how lazy Blizz got with Starcrap 2. All they did with that game was candy coat it with a new paint job. Thatís all it was in the end, Blizz has become complacent and because of it they have gotten lazy about implementations and new ideas.

Verno, On the offline mode, I would have to say that I think this all falls back to how duping was out of control and Blizz is needing to put an end to that because of the real world AH they implemented now. You canít have a bunch of hackers taking advantage of the market for free.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2012, 11:28.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year
21. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 3, 2012, 13:36 Darks

Hyatus wrote on May 3, 2012, 13:23:
Jdrez wrote on May 3, 2012, 13:12:
People calling it a flop before the first screenshot is out are presumptuous idiots. It may well flop but we know nothing about that yet.

Presumptuous, yes. Idiots, no.
Let's pretend you've never had an apple. You are given 5 boxes of apples from 5 different growers. Each apple in each box makes you throw up. Are you excited and hopeful about a box of apples from a sixth grower, or are you skeptical and jaded and wish that all apple companies would grow oranges instead?

...so, down with Apple!

Hmm if you can use that kind of analogy I guess I can throw this one back at you and say, that it could be that the person eating those apples has a weak constitution and shouldnít be eating apples.

But I would have to agree, you cannot make a proper review of a game that only being discussed and not seen or shown off yet.

I think most people liked Skyrim, so I want to believe that Bethesda is going to take that model and make it even better.

News Comments > Realms of Ancient War Trailer
3. Re: Realms of Ancient War Trailer May 2, 2012, 16:56 Darks

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 2, 2012, 12:52:
Looking good, and also looks as though you can physically move to dodge attacks. This is only possible vs certain enemies in Diablo 3.

Obviously these guys don't have the budget Blizzard does, but I like what I've seen from this game so far. Offline mode, price of around 15-20 bucks, sounds like a definite buy so far.

They had been aiming for a March 31st release date though... oh well.

Donít forget that this game also comes with two players Coop. I donít understand why itís not three players since there are three classes. But thatís what they are opting for in the game.

So that is a pretty damn good deal for 15 dollars.

News Comments > On PC Black Ops II
39. Re: On PC Black Ops II May 2, 2012, 16:51 Darks

SpectralMeat wrote on May 2, 2012, 14:54:
Highlander wrote on May 2, 2012, 14:51:
DONE with the Call of Duty series. Hoping that EA can pickup the ball with the next MOH and give us PC players what we need, instead of lies.

Giving up on Activision in hopes that EA will do any better?
Don't hold your breath

Seriously, this is like taking 3 steps back. At least Activision will sell this game on Steam unlike those greedy bastards at EA. Use Origin? Not happening!!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Reveal Trailer
16. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Reveal Trailer May 2, 2012, 12:58 Darks

Elessar wrote on May 2, 2012, 10:59:
Darks wrote on May 2, 2012, 09:38:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:11:
I just watched it on the official website: http://callofduty.com/blackops2/videos/reveal

Anyway, the graphics look absolutely appalling. They've used the same shitty engine for five years and it wasn't even great when it first came out. I only play COD games for the singleplayer and then only when they're cheap, which seems to be NEVER. The Steam store lists Blacks Ops at £40/$65, while even Amazon at £25/$41 isn't good value.

Every other publisher discounts games to generate sales but Activision knows it can charge whatever it likes for the COD series and people will queue up to hand their money over. Whatever novelty value it once had has been destroyed by Activision's desire to bleed people's wallets with shitty rehashed games. That's especially annoying when the competing franchise is owned by EA, a company that does exactly the same thing.

I really wish that Valve would step in and put them all to shame.

And I hate Microsoft and Sony for keeping such shit consoles on the market for so long. They can't even handle 720p, let alone with any graphical fidelity and they still want to charge stupid prices for games. I hope Valve does come out and compete with them on hardware. Perhaps that's why nVidia has been working on its cloud-sourced service to automatically select the optimal graphics settings for games? Plug and play PC gaming?

Someone needs a reality check and a new pair of glasses because I saw nothing in that video that said shitty graphics.
The textures were not that great. Bland, muddy, the opposite of crisp/realistic. The graphics are serviceable, but it is not exceptional or innovative in any way. The engine has been showing it's age for years now and they continue to use it. They keep making money off of it and it has to require minimal development time, so I can't blame them. Doesn't mean I like it or will buy it though.

I was expecting this to have more of a futuristic setting but, unsurprisingly, it looks like the same old rehash.

Ok, so you all made an opinion about the textures in the game from watching a video? Ok, reality check please!

Letís get realistic here from a moment. You canít seriously think that from watching a video that you can tell in that video that the textures are bland. No matter how you try to explain this one to me it will never make any sense. Stunned

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Reveal Trailer
13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Reveal Trailer May 2, 2012, 09:38 Darks

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:11:
I just watched it on the official website: http://callofduty.com/blackops2/videos/reveal

Anyway, the graphics look absolutely appalling. They've used the same shitty engine for five years and it wasn't even great when it first came out. I only play COD games for the singleplayer and then only when they're cheap, which seems to be NEVER. The Steam store lists Blacks Ops at £40/$65, while even Amazon at £25/$41 isn't good value.

Every other publisher discounts games to generate sales but Activision knows it can charge whatever it likes for the COD series and people will queue up to hand their money over. Whatever novelty value it once had has been destroyed by Activision's desire to bleed people's wallets with shitty rehashed games. That's especially annoying when the competing franchise is owned by EA, a company that does exactly the same thing.

I really wish that Valve would step in and put them all to shame.

And I hate Microsoft and Sony for keeping such shit consoles on the market for so long. They can't even handle 720p, let alone with any graphical fidelity and they still want to charge stupid prices for games. I hope Valve does come out and compete with them on hardware. Perhaps that's why nVidia has been working on its cloud-sourced service to automatically select the optimal graphics settings for games? Plug and play PC gaming?

Someone needs a reality check and a new pair of glasses because I saw nothing in that video that said shitty graphics.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed
18. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:34 Darks

Creston wrote on May 1, 2012, 17:53:
Yay, 360 timed-release exclusive.

It's like Todd Howard sits there wondering just HOW he can piss people the fuck off. "well, those damn PC pirates have had my game in the Steam top 10 for going on six straight months now, so let's make the DLC 360 exclusive!"

And yes, before some boring corporate assdrone comes on to whine how this was agreed on before the game released, it still fucking sucks ass, so shut up.

Creston

Totally agree with ya Creston, thereís nothing more that pisses me off then getting slapped in the face for supporting this game and then being told fuck you, we are releasing the DLC on the shitbox first.

News Comments > Morning Previews
25. Re: Morning Previews Apr 30, 2012, 16:56 Darks

Teddy wrote on Apr 30, 2012, 16:44:
Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Apr 30, 2012, 14:50:
I played a warrior and guardian, almost exclusively melee, and I had to dodge a ton or I died. I think ranged can just stand and spam, which is less fun and also imbalanced. Being up close with mobs 3-4 levels above me, I had to watch for their special attacks and negate them, or lose half my life. Did it require the reflexes of a FPS? Not quite, but I enjoyed it.

This is definitely something they need to find some way to balance better, giving melee weapons extra toughness or vitality or something because melee take WAY more damage than ranged and don't deal a significant amount more damage to compensate.

I think my biggest quest complaint for what I played of GW2 thus far is spawn-camping. They should cap the zones to even lower max populations if they're going to have quests that other players compete for so directly. Or up the spawn rates based on the player count. Something. Personally, I hate MMOs, loved that GW1 was not in fact an MMO, and was really down to learn that GW2 was going to be an MMO. But they could mitigate the spawn-camping (already do for certain things, like scaled events); they need to eradicate it entirely.

What spawn camping? Mobs aren't flagged, and anyone can contribute to killing them and get credit toward their own objectives. I suppose it can be an issue if there's 10 people per mob and it's dying before people can get a hit in, since one hit is all it will take to get credit. I experienced nothing of the sort in the 20 some odd hours I put in over the weekend.

I can agree on this, I really liked that you could jump into someone elseís kill and still get credit and a drop from the same mod kill. That was a pleasant surprise.

And I agree that melee characters defiantly need better armor or whatever they are going to do. I was getting tired of getting my ass handed to me in those mass battles and being right in the middle taking a ton of damage. it was hard keeping alive even with the added regen your supposed to have as a warrior.

I still enjoyed the game and understand this is a beta so itís going to take some time for them to iron out the issues, but some of the battles were defiantly over the top difficult at times, even the class based quest.

One other comment about grouping that did bother me when you are grouped up with someone and go into an instance you were separated and the group disbanded. That was BS, This was the story line quest.

Iím not sure if thatís by design or not but it was rather frustrating that you cannot go into those grouped and coop those missions together. Iím hoping this is fixed in the near future or it will be rather frustrating to try playing this game with a friend and having to be separated all the time. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of group questing with friends.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Apr 30, 2012, 15:22 Darks

avianflu wrote on Apr 30, 2012, 10:01:
Australia's far right political conservatism is always surprising to me. It's in the middle of nowhere strategically and no one on the planet wants anything that it has. It is not a particularly religious country. And yet they are successfully passing more and more laws restricting content in the marketplace.

Hey, one person wants Australia, Lex Luthor.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Apr 30, 2012, 10:20 Darks

I was in the beta event this weekend, played several chars to see what one I liked best. I have to say my two favorites were the Warrior and the Thief. Had a blast with the beta. Some really intense battles in the multi stages events you do with other people. The game is going to be a Hugh success for Arena Net.  

News Comments > TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow
3. Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow Apr 27, 2012, 13:55 Darks

Ripperjack wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 13:31:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 13:11:
For a game that bombed in Korea, I just don't understand the excitement that is being generated over it. It is basically the same game, but a more westernized version.

Indeed, I predict this game going Free2Play within 3 months.

Also, strange how ArenaNet has their first Guild Wars 2 pre-purchase beta event over this weekend as well... ahhh, I see what you did their ArenaNet, well played sir!

I watched my Son play some of this last week. He was playing as a rabbit. I was like, WTF! Plus he used a lance for a weapon. The combat looked really stupid. I was like, well this game blows. Onward to Guild Wars 2.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Events
60. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 17:40 Darks

deqer wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 17:10:
Darks wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 13:41:
deqer wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 10:45:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 09:56:
argh. Trying really hard not to buy this. But I have 3 days off in a row on release day..........
Dude, don't do it. Don't get sucked in. Not even for that initial $60. Don't do it. ActiBlizz needs to learn.

Learn what? Learn that the 15 Million copies they are going to sell are hurting their business because some of you decide to boycott the game? Please, you are joking right? There is nothing wrong with this game that deems anyone from boycotting it. Other then the few of you nitpicking it because of a internet connection to play the game. I for one while playing the beta for several hours at a time have never once experienced a disconnect. So if you are one of those that gets disconnected. Then you might want to look at your own ISP or router for the problem.
^ total fanboi

Blizzard could make a Diablo 4 and put a scoop of poop in it and you'd still buy it.

So Iím a fanboi because I happen to like the game and enjoy playing Coop with my friends? Iím 49 years old junior. So Iím pretty sure I know what I like if life and what I want. So get a life moron!! Oh wait, thatís why youíre not buying the game, itís because you have no friends to play the game with in the first place.

This is the typical answer when someone wants to try and hate on another person for liking a game that they despise. Iím in no way a fan boi. I just happen to like the game, and if that too much for you to understand then you are clearly a clueless idiot and should do us all a favor and remove yourself.

53. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 13:41 Darks

deqer wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 10:45:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 09:56:
argh. Trying really hard not to buy this. But I have 3 days off in a row on release day..........
Dude, don't do it. Don't get sucked in. Not even for that initial $60. Don't do it. ActiBlizz needs to learn.

Learn what? Learn that the 15 Million copies they are going to sell are hurting their business because some of you decide to boycott the game? Please, you are joking right? There is nothing wrong with this game that deems anyone from boycotting it. Other then the few of you nitpicking it because of a internet connection to play the game. I for one while playing the beta for several hours at a time have never once experienced a disconnect. So if you are one of those that gets disconnected. Then you might want to look at your own ISP or router for the problem.

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2012, 13:47.

38. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 09:55 Darks

So how are they going to be signing copies of the game, when the game wonít even be released yet? Plus, those that do show up will undoubtedly be from out of town and such. So again, how are they signing copies of the game unless they are giving the game away to luck people?  

News Comments > Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced
10. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 24, 2012, 09:47 Darks

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 09:32:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 08:06:
Shame too, they used to put out decent games.
Well, this is a decent game. An exceptional one actually. It's sad that many are passing on it as a result of the DRM, not that I fault them for passing on it. I bought it and enjoyed the hell out of it, I'm just not a strong willed gamer's rights activist like the rest of you. I also support nuclear power and think police officers should be respected.

Police and Nuclear power we need in our lives, DRM, we do not need!!

News Comments > Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced
8. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 24, 2012, 09:25 Darks

Tumbler wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 23:11:
There are simply too many games to bother with anything that hassles paying customers.

I agree, this game was recently on sale too and I was tempted but then came back to my senses and passed on it. I will not buy a game that forces you online all the time and has limited installs. Especially when itís a steam game. No thank you!!

News Comments > Torchlight II Cinematic
11. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 11:52 Darks

Bucky wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 11:26:
Zoso wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 11:16:
I have to say that trailer was pretty bad. I would even go as far to say it might even chase a few buyers away.

I can't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure the cinematic stuff was outsourced to Klei Entertainment (the studio behind Shank, Eets and a few other games).

Maybe they will toss this anime out the fricking door andstart over. I thought I was watching a cut from Samuria Jack. Pretty bad!!

1880 Comments. 94 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo