Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 1773 (Pro)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Details
8. Re: Star Wars 1313 Details Jun 1, 2012, 11:20 Darks

Tumbler wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 10:19:
Maybe this will surprise us like prey 2 did...hahah haahhaha...ah no.

Yea and look where Prey 2 is at now. Not finished and its status unknown.

The problem with this game is that itís going to be on the Xbox, so it will be pg13. They wonít be allowed to make it as dark as we would like for it to be. So it will ultimately end up being an epic fail.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
3. Re: Diablo III Patch May 29, 2012, 13:18 Darks

Rattlehead wrote on May 29, 2012, 13:09:
first

So!

Can anyone explain to me why would Blizz take an ability that had only 2 seconds to begin with and now reduce it to one second? How does this make any logical sense? I mean by the time you activate it, itís over. Thereís no benefit whatsoever for having an ability like this when itís been nerfed to shit. This type of skill I do not waste my time with if it has no benefit at all to you or the party. blizz sucks ass!

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
47. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 28, 2012, 19:07 Darks

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 28, 2012, 18:49:
I just unlocked Inferno yesterday and the game instantly went from awesome to pure SUCK!
I have very good gear, lots of HP for a wizard, but there is no chance completing even act 1. People already have adapted. They dont play Inferno much, and if its being played, a few areas are being farmed, by avoiding mobs and running to chests and stuff.

Yeah, better gear will prolly change that, but I wont farm act 1 or Hell act 3 & 4 until I have 20 million to buy proper gear.
I feel like Im going to stop playing soon, because this is not fun.

Exactly this, I have watched people try to beat Inferno and to no end, the whole invulnerable Champions mobs are utter bullshit. People are geared really well and they are getting one shotted to hell and back, so they are skirting around those kinds of mobs to beat the game. Not how it should be at all. That is NOT fun, nor how people want to play this game. And yes, crafting is shit. max ur gold find and buy what you need. Itís far less hassle and saves you a ton of money.

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
31. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 28, 2012, 16:34 Darks

RollinThundr wrote on May 28, 2012, 16:07:
Alamar wrote on May 28, 2012, 15:45:
Beelzebud wrote on May 28, 2012, 15:39:
I love how everyone is an expert about itemization for legendaries vs. rares based on roughly 2 weeks worth of random drops, and a few forum posts by people with anecdotes.

Surely, the comments from those not even playing the game are amusing...

But in this regard, reality is handy, but perception is king...

The problems (in this area) with perception is that people don't value certain lines (affixes) on a legendary, when they have some real use... Personally, I skip stuff with 'increases health globe pickup range', but then, I die from not being able to reach a health globe, so maybe that's karma heh...

Also, that whole comparing higher level blues with lower lvl legendaries is useful... The 'real' problem is that while it may be one in a billion drops, if there is ever one blue with perfect high rolls that beats one (equal ilvl) orange with perfect low rolls people scream that the system is broken... I half agree, as I think it's pointless to have gear that has such an absurdly low chance of dropping, not be overpowered, but apparently they want orange gear to just be a tad stronger (partially for balance I imagine, and to prevent AH abuse - go figure).

-Alamar

my lvl 51 DH says hello btw. And that's just it, for items that drop as rarely as legendary items do, their stats flat out suck. In 51 levels I've found 2 total. 2! Through a complete play through of normal and Nightmare. One was a lvl 10 Witch Doctor helm with terrible stats, the other a lvl 41 quiver that if it didn't have +104 dex on it, I would have AH'ed in a heart beat since the rest of the stats on it suck.. oooo +3 to disipline! oooo Reduces the cost of Cluster arrow! (a skill I don't even use)

That's the problem in a nut shell, in Diablo II, uniques were exactly that unique and usually the high end one's were powerful. In Diablo III it's oh hope the randomize dice roll plays nice for you.

Dude, I agree, legendary items blow big time, hell sometimes a blue item will drop that makes the legendary items look horrid.

As for balance changes, ok blizz, thatís right letís make the classes even more under powered. As it is now, no one is able to get through Inferno mode because itís entirely OP. And donít ever go on the forums and post a negative comment about the game or blizz. It will get nuked, that is just pathetic when a company canít even allow customers to vent their frustrations.

Great job as usual Blizz, you never fail to disappoint.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
46. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 16:16 Darks

Creston wrote on May 24, 2012, 16:13:
nin wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:18:
edit: Oh, and have fun with your steam patches for torchlight 2!

So Steam is bad now? Did I blink?

Creston

No, I think what heís saying is that canít complain about one without complaining about the other. Both do pretty much the same things, so itís like you calling the kettle black when you do.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
42. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 15:56 Darks

Verno wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:49:
DrEvil wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:03:
The difference is that here, the changes are even being made "server-side", and you have no choice as to whether you take the patches.

At least with the older games, if they made changes you didn't like, you could at least finish your single-player game before updating.

Now users that take longer to finish are going to finish a never-ending stream of tweaks to difficulty and gameplay before they even finish their first run through of the game.

Sucktastic.

Indeed.

I think they have a bit of egg on the face about how Inferno is basically being beta tested by the public. They made a lot of claims about how it was never beaten internally because it was so hard and etc etc but I think it was simply due to them never actually bothering. Some ability balance is expected but they can't really get upset about people finding the optimal builds because most variations simply do not work on Inferno.

This sounds just like WOW, people had same issues with doing Hard mode for Cata and the last patch that added the new instance that I canít recall the name of now. We had the same issues with trying to do hard modes with our guild that it ended up discouraging people so badly many quit and gave up trying.

blizz always goes overboard on making the Hard modes way more difficult then they need to be. This isnít an MMO yet they treat it as if it is. That just drives me crazy. May people donít want to spend time waiting for others to beat all game modes. Making Inferno impossible to beat just forces people to stop playing all together, I like a challenge but not at the expense of being frustrated to no end.

Especially when the bosses donít even drop good loot after the first run though. That just does not cut it in my book. Thereís no incentive to really strive to beat the games other hard modes when the gear drops suck.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2012, 16:13.

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
53. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 14:50 Darks

deqer wrote on May 23, 2012, 14:11:
Darks wrote on May 23, 2012, 13:59:
the game is now a MP game whether you like it or not so deal with it and stop bitchin about it.
I guess they should've said that on the box, or in their ads. "Multiplayer Only" and "Online Only"

Deger, youíre an idiot, go and read the box and tell me what it says about requiring an online connection. Yea, thatís what I thought. Iím starting to wonder if you even own a copy of the game because I seriously doubt you do since it does state it right on the box about requiring an internet connection. Do us all a favor and leave troll.

41. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 14:01 Darks

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 23, 2012, 13:58:
So let me see.

We have people bitching and whining when games aren't released for the PC by companies that used to be PC centric. And now we have people bitching and whining that PC games are being released by a PC centric company.

*my head is full of wtf.jpg*

Well said dude, my thoughts exactly! Thereís no reasoning with the whiners. They just like hearing themselves bitch is all.

39. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 13:59 Darks

deqer wrote on May 23, 2012, 13:42:
Darks wrote on May 23, 2012, 13:36:
If you havenít figured it out by now, Tuesdays have always been reserved by Blizz as Maint
Yup, guess he hasn't figured it out yet because it certainly doesn't say that on the box, or in the ads, and it's just common sense to expect to play a game anytime, anyday, without interruptions.

No one wants maintenance. They want a game they can play, and have the OPTION to patch if they want to.

But noooo, you are all locked in. You play when Blizzard says so, and you patch when they say so. Have fun being owned/controlled, and leasing a singleplayer game, fools.

Next thing you'll know, a patch will be released and guess what? you're going to have to patch your game, whether you like the patch notes or not. Haha. too bad, so sad.

If you all want to act or pretend to be stupid then so be it, the game is now a MP game whether you like it or not so deal with it and stop bitchin about it. And yes, the game will now require maint and most likely those days will fall on Tuesdays.

33. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 13:36 Darks

Dev wrote on May 23, 2012, 13:26:
Highlander wrote on May 23, 2012, 11:31:
Wildone wrote on May 23, 2012, 11:18:
ERROR 37

That error is meaningless now. Sure, it happened to people trying to connect on launch day, myself included but I have not had that error since.
Guess you weren't playing when they did maintenance yesterday.

If you havenít figured it out by now, Tuesdays have always been reserved by Blizz as Maint days. And anyone trying to login when Maint is going on is just a glutton for their own punishment. Use a little common sense here. And besides, since last weekís issues the severs over the past 5 or so days have been very stable. Sounds like it to me that youíre just looking for something to bitch about.

27. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 13:22 Darks

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 23, 2012, 12:46:
Verno wrote on May 23, 2012, 12:25:
The Half Elf wrote on May 23, 2012, 11:57:
2) Randomization of the maps?

Yeah this one really bugged me too, the map randomization is very poor and underused in D3. It's almost like they wanted random events to replace it or something.

That is actually my only complaint as well....

I agree that this one is a little disappointing, but not as disappointing as what they did to removing boss runs out of the game completely. Even running through the game on a higher difficulty the bosses will not drop an epic or yellow piece of gear. To me thatís just unforgivable.

I get that they want to limit people from doing this. But still the bosses should be dropping better then blue gear when going through the game on a higher difficulty level. This is just another failed piece because of the real time AH. I think they removed boss runs to keep people from extorting the system and trying to sell their loot. Asinine if you ask me.

8. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 11:36 Darks

Bhruic wrote on May 23, 2012, 11:19:
Verno wrote on May 23, 2012, 11:14:
Regardless of how anyone feels about DRM and whatnot it's great to see a PC game selling huge.

Can't agree there. Everyone is going to look at those sales numbers as a validation of the always on connection. I'd have much rather seen the game completely tank than pulling record sales like this.

Thatís what you get for thinking, this just shows that if you make a really good and fun game that people are willing to over look certain annoyances. This is what you call proof in the pudding.

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
33. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 13:03 Darks

Bhruic wrote on May 21, 2012, 12:59:
As for those who are getting hacked. Iím willing to bet you right now that those are the same clowns that visit the Chinese gold farming sites. You log in and most of the time those idiots are using their same email addy and password. Not hard to figure out your pass for the game then. And some are saying that they have a security token. But Iím betting again, many people donít have one which is how and why they are getting hacked.

And not only that, but they were wearing slutty clothing!

Blaming the victim is fun and all, but this is hardly the first situation like this. Rift had a similar problem - people were getting their accounts hacked, even with a validator. People like you popped up claiming it had to be the individual people's fault. Turns out, surprise, surprise, that there was a security hole that hackers had found that completely bypassed the password as well as the validator.

Very likely they'll find some similar security hole here.

Possibly, but I do know for a fact, and Iím going to say that this is probably the case for some of these people getting hacked that they donít have the option on that says always prompt for your token. I saw this first hand with a fiendís account this weekend when he came over. He logged in and it didnít prompt him to use his authenticator. I told him, turn that on. To dangerous with it like that.

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
27. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 12:55 Darks

ASeven wrote on May 21, 2012, 11:58:
Well, now that the lame excuse of hacking is thrown out of the window we now see why really the DRM is used for: Control over players so Blizzard can make as much cash from the AH.

Anyone who bought this game under the premise this wouldn't be hacked:

WE FUCKING TOLD YOU SO

I can tell you right now that the excuse Blizz will be making cash from the AH is ridiculous. Has anyone taken a look at the current Gold AH? There is no one making good gold off of it. The AH is flooded with items. Even the Epic items are flooded with the same ones.

People on there trying to extort others with an item for 1.5 Mill, I just laughed at that. No one has that kind of gold this early in the game, people like these ass clowns are a joke. So the next guy undercuts him, to the point where there are so many of the same items on there that the lowest item is on there for 30 or 40K. So far to me the AH is failing.

As for those who are getting hacked. Iím willing to bet you right now that those are the same clowns that visit the Chinese gold farming sites. You log in and most of the time those idiots are using their same email addy and password. Not hard to figure out your pass for the game then. And some are saying that they have a security token. But Iím betting again, many people donít have one which is how and why they are getting hacked.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive
24. Re: Wasteland 2 May 19, 2012, 16:46 Darks

I could just see it now, Origin supported, mass defection of users support withdrawn, the fastest kickstarter game in history to die a quick death.  

News Comments > Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend
25. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 11:05 Darks

InBlack wrote on May 18, 2012, 10:51:
Darks wrote on May 18, 2012, 10:46:
InBlack wrote on May 18, 2012, 10:31:
I really, really hope they iron out the bugs in the Diablo3 engine. Im having a lot of fun with the game but jesus christ their engine SUCKS MAJOR BALLS....Its playable....sort of....but I cant imagine anyone making a hardcore character for D3 at this moment.

What the hell are you talking about? What issues? Other then the launch issues that have been fixed, there have been no other problems. In fact we spent the last two days playing the game 3 or more hours at a time and not once did the game crash out or boot anyone out with a problem. I think some needs to take his meds.

You are either A) a Liar B) a Blizzard fanboy C) One of the few people who can play the game without the INFAMOUS STUTTERING, ASSET LOADING ISSUE.

Iíll go with D: that your pc and ISP are a piece of shit.

Because myself and many others are not having issues. If you are then you better look at your own system for the solution. I love how when one or even two people have an issue and immediately they assume that itís Blizzs fault or when someone says they are not having issues, You like the rest of the idiots call out fan boy. Yea, whatever moron!! Got a clue for ya, get a new pc!!!

BTW, whenís the last time you defragged the pc? Do you even know what defragging means? and we are not talking about throwing granades.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2012, 11:10.

News Comments > Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend
6. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 10:46 Darks

InBlack wrote on May 18, 2012, 10:31:
I really, really hope they iron out the bugs in the Diablo3 engine. Im having a lot of fun with the game but jesus christ their engine SUCKS MAJOR BALLS....Its playable....sort of....but I cant imagine anyone making a hardcore character for D3 at this moment.

What the hell are you talking about? What issues? Other then the launch issues that have been fixed, there have been no other problems. In fact we spent the last two days playing the game 3 or more hours at a time and not once did the game crash out or boot anyone out with a problem. I think some needs to take his meds.

News Comments > Skyjacker Demo & Kickstarter
8. Re: Skyjacker Demo & Kickstarter May 17, 2012, 15:32 Darks

MacLeod wrote on May 17, 2012, 14:12:
It looks interesting... but just watching the video... what's up with the Starfield Screensaver / Star Trek Warp effect while he's moving? Obviously stars can't be shooting past the ship when he's flying by an asteroid. That really is bothering me.

They watched far too many Star Trek Episodes in their day when the ship was in warp and had that effect. I know what they are trying to accomplish. Itís to give you a feel of speed and movement. But it needs to be redone with something a little more modern.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2012, 11:49 Darks

Bucky wrote on May 16, 2012, 10:43:
I've been playing for most (ok, all) of the morning, and I haven't run into a single issue so far. Granted, I'm playing during off-peak hours, but the micro-stutter that was present in the Beta when an asset first loaded seems to be gone.

Then again, I just built a new, ridiculously overpowered rig last week, and the game automatically installed to my SSD--so that might have something to do with it too.

I also managed to get myself killed right after the Skeleton King, when I wandered outside and right into an elite pack I was not prepared for. If I've already died once in Act I Normal, what is Inferno going to do to me?

LOL, I feel your pain, last night we beat down the King, and I was on the beta and he was much tougher then he was in the beta. Was really glad to see that. Same thing happened to us, we got to that new area and got beat down badly. We had a three man party going with me as a Barb, and two mages. Was glad to see the added difficulty, this was something that was extremely frustrating during the beta was it seemed far too easy. We were saying the same thing last night, if itís getting this hard, whatís inferno going to be like. Shudder to think about it.

Also the servers going off line at peak time last night was really annoying, they didnít come back on line until after 11pm pacific. It really blew our whole night. Not understanding how Blizz blew this one, itís not like they havenít been through all of this in the past with several WOW add-ons and SC2.

News Comments > The Old Republic Free Weekend
8. Re: Pfffftttt!!! May 15, 2012, 23:28 Darks

Funny, with Diablo 3 out good luck getting anyone to play this game this weekend.  

1773 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo