Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 1654 (Pro)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeon Lords MMXII Announced
8. Re: Dungeon Lords MMXII Announced Apr 13, 2012, 13:53 Darks

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 11:24:
Maybe now they'll finally finish it?

They were also working on a sequel at one time, although all work on it stopped about three years ago.

Hope so, I really liked the original game, but it was so bug ridden and unfinished that it made it impossible to finish the game. Iím willing to give these guys a chance. They are not the original makes of the game and must have been Hugh fans of the game to take the time to clean it up and make it better. But, only time will tell if this is done right. And I thought I read a year or so ago, that they were actually making a new follow up game. This seems to be someone else revamping the game.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wargame - European Escalation Free DLC; Sale
5. Re: Wargame - European Escalation Free DLC; Sale Apr 13, 2012, 12:43 Darks

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 11:18:
It is nice to see this developer stayed true to their word and added the comp stomp feature people were complaining about. Free DLC is also a big plus for them. I've bought this game at release and I am really enjoying it.

I checked my account last night, there was no AI that I could see that you can choose. so unless this patch came out today. it was not there yesterday.

News Comments > Dark Souls GFWL Petition
22. Re: Dark Souls GFWL Petition Apr 11, 2012, 22:05 Darks

Sepharo wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 21:46:
I'm pretty sure he's not talking about save files disappearing when he reformats/builds a new PC.

And average joe computer user shouldn't have to drill down into AppData anyway.

Granted, but I have never had a save disapear on me. And Microsoft GFWL is not the only company that uses the AppData folder to save files in and the save games.

News Comments > Dark Souls GFWL Petition
19. Re: Dark Souls GFWL Petition Apr 11, 2012, 21:42 Darks

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 20:41:
Lot's of people use GFWL with no issues, I get that.

Then GFWL eats one of their save files. Those people then join us on the light side.

One of us! One of us! One of us!

The problem is most people donít understand how GFWL uses the AppData Directory to store their files. Many people will rebuild and blow away their hard drive not realizing that in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLiveLive directory your saves and setting are stored there. This is what needs to be backed up If you back this folder up in the AppData and the one in the Roaming you WILL NOT lose your saves.

I love how you guys all pile on and complain about GFWL and donít know a damn thing about it or how it functions nor do many of you know where your files are being saved. I personally have never had issues with GFWL, yes itís not a clean as Steam but it does work.

And good luck with your petition, contracts have been signed and deals made. It wont happen.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
19. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 10:20 Darks

ItBurn wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:09:
Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:04:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 09:57:
They just don't get it. The problem was that it wasn't a game that PC gamers wanted to play. Those people think that the content of a game has no link with sales.

If people didn't want to play it then it wouldn't have been pirated like crazy.

You can say people didn't want to pay for it, but undoubtedly if piracy was not an option then sales would have been better. While we can debate all day what portion of pirates would otherwise buy a game (low), I don't think anyone would argue none would.
If a game is pirated a million times I think it's safe to say that's 100,000 lost sales. Bulletstorm was pirated more than a million times.

The issue is a lot more complex than that. Personally, I didn't pirate it, but if the game was 15$, I probably would have bought it.

Then you missed out, it was on sale during Christmas, I belive i picked it up for 5 dollars.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
9. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 09:53 Darks

Verno wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 09:29:
Here we go again. I think the marketing and ill received demo had a lot more to do with the game under performing. I notice he doesn't mention that the game performed well under expectations on the consoles too.

I would also mention that Cliffy bitch boy probably had a lot to do with the mentioning the piracy part. Just like he screwed the pc community over with Gears 2 and 3. I bought this game when it was on sale. I enjoyed it, it was fun but it was nowhere great. Plus the fact that they removed Coop that it was supposed to have might have something to do with pissing people off. And Steam on their site is still showing that this game has coop, Go figure!!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands
17. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 17:21 Darks

JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 16:56:
When the game came out I joined a heavy population PvP server. Now it's light at almost all times, and at level 47 I have only seen ONE enemy faction member. PvP server? Seriously?! They did so many things wrong with this game.

I recently reactivated my account because a friend of mine wanted to play as a team. The servers are so under populated now. I go into zones and there is no one on. Which is why he asked me to play so we could do heroics together as a team. Thatís the real fun of it, is running around with someone else and playing. But the server is pretty light. This is why Bioware is offering friend accounts; they are desperately trying to get new subs.

News Comments > Baldurís Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming
19. Re: Baldurís Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming Mar 30, 2012, 12:23 Darks

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 11:50:
Textures? You mean sprites and pre-rendered maps! Sure, they are textures, but i would bet actual money that this "enhancement" does not include recreating all the art assets.

Though that is exactly what would be needed to actually have the game not become super-pint sized at 1920x1200 ..

Also who the heck uses 1920x1080p on PC ?

Are you even up with the current tech of monitors these days?

1920x1080 is the new standard. It used to be 1920x1200 but that is gone.

My new LED monitor from Samsun is a 27 inch monitor and its highest rez is 1920x1080. Go to new egg and look at all the 27 inch monitors that is the only rez you will find on their site. They donít even make 28 inch monitors any more. Itís hard to find them.

HannsG or Hanns Spee is about the only ones making them and they are cheap chinese crap.

News Comments > Baldurís Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming
5. Re: Baldurís Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming Mar 30, 2012, 11:25 Darks

necrosis wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 11:17:
Techie714 © wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 11:10:
In order for me to buy this again It will need to have the following.

• High resolution textures

• Full widescreen support to at least 1920x10801200

• Upgraded sound

• New graphical enhancements

• Yep I would buy it, if it had those features. I dont think that is asking to much from a "Enhanced Edition".
    Corrected.

Their comments about their not being any comments that a PC version of the game is even in the works bothers me. The PC is the ONLY platform that matters and if these guys fuck this up good luck trying to get anyone to trust them again with anything they touch. And greed with the listed enhanced features listed by Techie.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Dropping MMO; THQ Cuts
    31. Re: *relieved* Mar 30, 2012, 09:43 Darks

NKD wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 07:48:
    Fan of 40k here. The problem with the 40k setting, if you're unfamiliar with it, is that the scale is enormous. The Imperium of Man controls over ONE MILLION PLANETS.

No game where you're a single guy will ever do it justice. Even the RTS games, while fun, feel comically small-scale compared to the setting.

MMO or not, this game will not capture the setting. At best it will be a decent game with a vaguely 40k related skin.

That is why you tell it in small stories and you do not try to fi the entire universe into one game. I thought Space Marine was a decent game. It centered on the Machine Planet, and the Orcs trying to steal weapons there. That is how you do single player games. As for the MMO that is now a SP game, Iím fine with that and it having MP as long as itís Coop MP.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway
    14. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 17:13 Darks

Same here, I bought it immediately after watching the video and about fell out of my chair. I canít believe I had not seen or heard of this game before this morning email from GOG.

Pre-Ordered!!

News Comments > Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage
    4. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 24, 2012, 17:32 Darks

MuzixMon wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 16:24:
    Wow, the Walking Dead series deserves SOOOO much better than this! UUgggh...

Man, I couldnít agree more. I saw the game play and though oh my god how fucking stupid and bad. I want a full on action game and all they are giving us is some lame ass point and click and interact bullshit.

Game is complete fail, I wonít be wasting my money on this nor would I even pirate it.

News Comments > Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening?
    2. Re: Ubisoft's DRM Stance Softening? Mar 23, 2012, 11:10 Darks

Iím hoping they do back off with their draconian DRM. It drives one mad when you see a game I bought from steam Riddick and it requires TAGES to still be install with limited installs. This game has been out for over two years now and I still have not installed it because of this crap. I still load up my cracked version of the game when I play it just to avoid this DRM crap. Another Game would be Anno 2040 that is on steam and has only a three install limit. Why? When itís on steam does a game like this require install limits? Uggh!! So needless to say, I did not buy it when it was on sale.

Ubi just doesnít get it, now they have been impacted by sales and many complaints by customers about how impairing their DRM is and the issues it causes. Hopefully they are going to back off on their DRM because it serves no purpose whatís so ever in stopping piracy it only impacts those of us that bought their games.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The Legend of Dead Kel
    9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - The Legend of Dead Kel Mar 21, 2012, 09:34 Darks

Klaus Flouride wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 00:10:
    Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 21:37:
    Meh, I'm still just trying to get through this game but I get so bored I just have to stop. Bad day one purchase, sigh. And I effing knew it. If this is the model for their MMO they may as well pull the plug on it now.

This.

I tried to get through the demo and it was horrid, so boring. It was such a Daggerdale ripoff that I thought I loaded the wrong game by mistake. The beginning is nearly identical to Daggerdale. I wasted $60 on this piece of shit. At best this game is worth maybe $15. Yet people go on and on about how fabulous this game is.

Well, Iím sorry but I will have to dispute you about this being a direct rip-off from Daggerdale. I have played Daggerdale several times through with different characters and not once while playing this game did I ever think or feel that there were any similarities at all.

Amalur may not be the best game out there, but itís far from being shit too. The game is not half as bad as some of you say or think it is.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions Announced
    39. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions Announced Mar 16, 2012, 09:28 Darks

OpticNerve wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 03:04:
    Where's my damned Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition? :[

While that was a good game, there was far too much reading and not enough fighting in that game. I remember going through so much dialog that I thought it would never end. The combat was great though when you did have it. I imagine that if this ED they are converting does well that we can expect more from them.

Iím hoping these guys preserver the Coop that BG had. it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
    105. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 17:09 Darks

Verno wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 15:57:
    Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 15:53:
    Sure, but Krowen wants you to believe that Blizz is making D3 an online only game because the game itself should only be MP (which is a pile of crap).

Well to be fair to him there's some truth to that (anti-cheat in particular) but there's also many ways it doesn't make sense. It's more accurate to say that it's to both make money and protect the game. It doesn't really matter which was stronger in their minds, the end result is the same.

I think if you give the beta a chance then you might change your mind but I totally get it if you want to skip the game. I was really frustrated with how they handled connection interruptions early in the beta but there have been some improvements in fault tolerance for the odd blips. There will be many other great games to play, D3 is far from the only big one being released this year.

I can tell you all right now why its has the persistant online connection. this game is all driven by that online market where you can spend money and sell items. They are doing it to keep people from duping items and making a killing off them. This was a huge issue on D2. Blame all those dupers and spammers for this. Blizz is only acting accordingly to those past problems.

News Comments > More Diablo III Class Skills
    13. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 12:12 Darks

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 11:25:
    Well one thing to point out the D3 beta isn't over yet. And that doesn't usually end until a month or a few weeks beforehand. The current beta is 0.8.0.8815, which could easily be another 2-4 months of development time or 6mo at this rate.

This is a quote from Jay Wilson on the games release date.

When asked how close they were to announcing the release date on a scale from 1 to 10, Blizzard responded "9". Further tweets from Jay Wilson have revealed that the release date is set, he just can't tell us yet.

To me, on that scale that means no more than 8 weeks at best.

News Comments > More Diablo III Class Skills
    12. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 12:07 Darks

Optional nickname wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 11:45:
    Nvidia GTX 680 coming March 23rd, and with the latest drivers out today, supporting D3, I think we can assume 2-6 weeks from then. Intel IVY bridge CPU's will lift NDA some time early April (2nd week).

good times.

Blues, Why donít you start a contest and have people try to pick the release date. You could have a giveaway of a game or something for the winner. Maybe even a copy of the Diablo 3 game. It could be a lot of fun. My pick is April 23rd.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access
    5. Re: The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial Mar 13, 2012, 10:12 Darks

Ripperjack wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 10:05:
    Since when did games start at $60?? Bloody EA and their price gouging!

Yea, the whole 60 dollar thing is getting out of hand. And yes EA and Activision are fricking responsible for this happening. Greedy bastards!!

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
    43. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 10, 2012, 11:36 Darks

This doesnt break my heart at all. I could care less about PVP. Personlly I think PVP doesnt have a place in games like this.  

1654 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 37.
    < Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo