Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 1798 (Pro)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week
24. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 11:54 Darks

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 11:49:
Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 11:01:
new enemies like sand worms

Read: Sand Threshers...

I might pick this up, dunno. There's Treasure! Yeah, it'll be a chest that drops four shitty-ass green weapons.

Amen brother, so tired of getting shitty drops in that game. After 70 hours I've seen 3 legendaries and 2 of them weren't even very good. Maybe a dozen purples, half of them total garbage because of that multi-barrel nonsense or some other stupid modifier. The loot was the one thing they did pretty well in the original, not sure how they messed it up so much this time. Give me 87,000 unique and useful guns instead of 87 bazillion pieces of shit that I need to farm hours on end for.

Havenít you heard? Theyíve been taking lessons from Blizzards Diablo 3 shit loot drops. Grind, grind, grind and keep on grinding. Iíve had a few really good drops. I found the Mine Craft Shotgun and used it all the way till the end of the game. Best shotgun I had ever seen. Had a Few other drops to but nothing you can really get excited about. My best drops came from the Gold chest. Got several keys from pitchoford. Got some really nice weapons out of that chest.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced
49. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2012, 16:32 Darks

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 15:54:
Rigs wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 15:25:
Don't get me wrong, I've been playing since before Wing Commander (though WC was one of the first games I played on a 'modern' PC - in 1992), and I love Privateer and Starlancer AND Freelancer (Starlancer never gets any love! I think it was almost as good as Freespace...seriously!) But one thing bothers the hell out of me when Chris speaks of doing a single player sim and then some kind of multiplayer/MMO -type of thing...he's said it before. When? Freelancer. In the run up to it's release I read preview after preview that touted it's grand single-player with dedicated servers for multi, which is fine. But then he swore that after Freelancers release, say a year or so out, he would release an MMO version of it. In fact, he said the the 'first' single-player release was to be a 'dry run' to work out all the kinks and bugs with the game and then they would put a new version out as an MMO...Of course, it obviously never happened. Freelancer released and I swear the day it went out, he closed up shop and disappeared. I'm not even sure if they released any patches for it. (They probably did, I stopped playing pretty quickly after release) But you never heard another peep out of him about it...

Now here he is trying to wow us again with a suitably impressive demonstration of a new game. But his plans for it are so strikingly similar to Freelancer that I have to sit back and say, 'Nope. I not falling for it again!' I'll wait and see. I'll watch, be sure. And yes, despite my wariness, I AM excited. I just really hope he pulls thru with this one. If anything, I wish he'd be trying to bring Freelancer back, maybe update it and put out the first MMO he said he would ten years ago...

EDIT: I'm with Cutter on this one, gents. I'll watch and wait. X: Rebirth will be coming along soon with a veteran crew at the helm and a seasoned game infrastructure to use...

=-Rigs-=

They are valid points, but most of Freelancer's bullshit happened because of publisher pressure, or at least so it appeared. When he was with a dev (and back then a publisher) who left him alone, he made Wing Commander and Privateer. When he had to work under publishers who were continuously pushing for shit, he made WC Prophecy and Freelancer.

And Freelancer really isn't a bad game, but it fell far far far far far short of what he promised.

This time he hopefully won't have a traditional publisher to jerk him around and he and his team can make the game they want to make.

I'm a bit worried that he's not using Kickstarter though. I understand that 7% of your total haul is a lot of money (KS fees plus Amazon fees), but who's to say he won't just cash in my donation even if it doesn't fund, and then blows it on hookers? A little checkmark that says you can get a refund doesn't make me feel any less wary.

Creston

First off, you guys really need to know the background on Freelancer and why it was never really finished before you go bashing Chris. You can blame Microsoft for that one. They pushed this game right out the door before it was finished, that was when Chris said the hell with this and left the industry. Donít believe me ask him yourself. I know the guy personally and got all the low down on this one back in the day.

He had so many plans and ideas for Freelancer to make it something that had never been seen or done before but Good ole Microsoft just had to have this game out the door making money. This was a primary reason that Capitalships never made it into the final game; they were not finished in time.

Erin, Chrisís brother ended up taking over the project and released it as it was. But this was far from what Chris envisioned or wanted the game to be and the state it was released in.

48. Re: Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced Oct 10, 2012, 16:23 Darks

Cutter wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 15:23:
Darks wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 12:53:
Cutter wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 12:27:
Techie714 © wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 12:16:
Game looks so damn good! But why did he chose to privately fund this instead of using a Kickstarter where he "might" get more exposure? That is a lot of $$$ to get this thing going just by word of mouth & media....

Yeah, that's something else that sort of bothers me about this. That's pretty cheap just because he doesn't want to give up a few points in donations - and losing a ton of exposure in the bargain. Bad move IMO. And something else about accountability nags at me with all of this. So there will be a playable version next year, but the game really won't be complete for several years? And it sounds more like an MMO than SP with MP component. Hrm, I dunno. Just doesn't quite add up. I think my focus is going to remain on X-Rebith for now.

Whatís there not to like Cutter? Stop being an ass, thereís a check mark to get a refund if the game doesnít fund so whatís there to complain about? Oh wait that the norm for you isnít? No one makes Space Sims as good as Chris Roberts, even your X-Rebith canít compete.

Don't be an ass for expressing my reservations? Don't be a dick and try responding like a civilized human being. You don't have any nagging doubts? Bully for you. Give him everything you can in that case. I'll take a wait and see approach. That ok with you? Fucking people.

Really Cutter? Thatís your response? Grow up asshole! You could just as easily get screwed over with Kickstarter, there no guarantee there either. If youíre looking for a guarantee, go to the store and buy milk and cry over it thatís about as far as your bitching goes around here. From now on why dont we change your name to Piss and Moan. that about fits your to a T.

32. Re: Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced Oct 10, 2012, 14:30 Darks

Beamer wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 14:16:
Whoa, I totally missed this virtual credits thing.

Want a new ship, buy it with real money?

I dont belive its real money, from his interview he stated you can buy ships from the virtual market with in game money on the market. I never heard him say real money.

24. Re: Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced Oct 10, 2012, 12:53 Darks

Cutter wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 12:27:
Techie714 © wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 12:16:
Game looks so damn good! But why did he chose to privately fund this instead of using a Kickstarter where he "might" get more exposure? That is a lot of $$$ to get this thing going just by word of mouth & media....

Yeah, that's something else that sort of bothers me about this. That's pretty cheap just because he doesn't want to give up a few points in donations - and losing a ton of exposure in the bargain. Bad move IMO. And something else about accountability nags at me with all of this. So there will be a playable version next year, but the game really won't be complete for several years? And it sounds more like an MMO than SP with MP component. Hrm, I dunno. Just doesn't quite add up. I think my focus is going to remain on X-Rebith for now.

Whatís there not to like Cutter? Stop being an ass, thereís a check mark to get a refund if the game doesnít fund so whatís there to complain about? Oh wait that the norm for you isnít? No one makes Space Sims as good as Chris Roberts, even your X-Rebith canít compete.

22. Re: Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced Oct 10, 2012, 12:49 Darks

ItBurn wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 12:19:
Hells yeah! I was afraid this would only be a space combat game, but no, it appears to be like freelancer too! It's now my most anticipated game.

Watch Chris's intro video and how he explains about the Universe being open world like Freelancer. And you can go anywhere you want and do what you want. You can be a pirate or a trader or work for the Space Corps. They will be adding new content on a monthly basis and adding more systems. Iím really hoping this turns out well and gets completed. It really sounds exciting to play; Iíve been waiting for a game like this for a long time.

The only thing I donít know yet is if this game will have Coop. To me thatís a must in this game. I know Chris in the past was a big fan of Coop and made it a point to add it in games like this.

9. Re: Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced Oct 10, 2012, 12:07 Darks

Itís really nice to see the master of Space flight Sims is back. The trailer looks pretty incredible. I really hope he makes his goal and this comes out.

Welcome back Chris!

News Comments > Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt
8. Re: Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt Oct 6, 2012, 15:23 Darks

No surprise here, their game was unfinished and it sucked to no end. I really wanted to like this game but it was not a very well planned out game and the game mechanics were terribly implemented.  

News Comments > Loot Drop Kickstarter Interview
2. Re: Loot Drop Kickstarter Interview Oct 5, 2012, 10:28 Darks

Cutter wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 10:08:
Such a bad idea. Why don't they just prove they can actually get one good game out first? I'll be really surprised if they actually make their funding. Sure doesn't look like anyone around here is in. I know i'm not.

LOL, you took the words right out of my mouth, I think their stretch goals are really stretching it by trying to get two game out when they donít even have money for one. Stupid!

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic
39. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Oct 4, 2012, 10:05 Darks

Tony!!! wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 09:59:
I'm 40 years here. Been gaming since the begining. This is 'Epic' and sorta sad news. Hate to see the guy go. Big fan of his work and have never jumped on the hater band wagon as others have due to his ego and presence.
Always loved the guy. Unreal, UT, Gears...all good stuff. You Rock dude!

360's Robo Pop ...out.

Lets not confuse the issue, my personal hate of this guy comes from his leading the charge against putting Gears of War two and three on the pc because of his distate for piracy. They gave us GOW 1 and at release it had issues working on some pcs. so hes got all butt hurt over the hatered comments and took the stance fuck you to all, GOW 2 and 3 will never see the light of day on the PC.

This is why I hate the fucker. I dont do consoles so dont even go there.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2012, 10:22.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic
14. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Oct 3, 2012, 19:54 Darks

Prez wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 19:43:
I suddenly like Epic a whole lot more. What an Epic douchebag.

Took the words right out of my mouth, now maybe we will see some love for the pc again. Good fucking reddens Bitchboy!! Yes I hate you with a passion.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Oct 3, 2012, 01:49 Darks

Acleacius wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 00:37:
Damn, I'm stuck at the point where you set the map coordinates to kill the Gargantua. I set the target but can't get any form of acknowledgement for the fire. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug.

Even if I get it, not sure it will work. Gargantua follows you, so if I need to set it on him while he's wiggling the tower, if I try to climb or jump down he will move.

Anyone recall the secret to doing this, section?

Thanks.

on the screen theres a fire button. u have to click it after u set the cords to where u want them. I missed this one too at first.

News Comments > Nexus 2 Kickstarter
5. Re: Nexus 2 Kickstarter Sep 28, 2012, 12:51 Darks

Zyrxil wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 11:41:
Yeah, I don't know why it has a cult following either. It was very pretty and seemed to have an interesting universe behind it, but as an actual game it was fairly mediocre.

Same here, I tried several times to like this game, but it was so boring. You never felt like you had control over the fights; it felt like it was all staged. The game feels a lot like Gratuitous Space Battles in a way. I want a full on in control ship building like sins Universe with objectives and areas to go out and conquer. Not some flash in the pants sit back and watch all the pretty effect and ships blowing up without any control over it.

Also if I recall correctly the Camera was terrible too.

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated
3. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 12:46 Darks

descender wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 12:13:
Well my Monk gets utterly destroyed on PTR now thanks to the STI debuff. GG Blizzard.

Unfortunately, Torchlight 2 is boring as fuck. I have zero idea what appeal anyone finds in that game.

Its just you, maybe your a boring person.

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing?
20. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 27, 2012, 21:20 Darks

Finally, stick a fork in this shit and go away!!

And one of the big issues I have always had with this crap is the price tag on a subscription based game. Thereís no call for a game add-on to cost this much.

News Comments > Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt
1. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 10:36 Darks

Windows 8 can die a slow death, I cant stand the new OS. its to much of a table OS. This OS will be Microsofts Vista. Die fucking Metro UI!!!  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Wear
12. Re: Wasteland 2 Wear Sep 26, 2012, 14:02 Darks

Not to hard to connect dots when there are not many to connect. It doesnít take a genius to figure this one out. Believe it or not, your choice, but my gut tells me these guys are using kickstarter money for all the wrong reasons. This is not the first time this has happened and is exactly why kickstarter came out with new regulations on this.  

10. Re: Wasteland 2 Wear Sep 26, 2012, 12:01 Darks

nin wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 10:56:

So InXile took Kickstarter money and used it to start a clothing line

Did I miss where it said that?

No you did, because it doesnít, but InXile is or was flat broke trying to make a game. Where did this magical money come from if not from Kickstarter? Your going to tell me that Brian Fargo just happen to have the money in his own account to fund this clothing line? Yea Right!!

8. Re: Wasteland 2 Wear Sep 26, 2012, 10:19 Darks

So InXile took Kickstarter money and used it to start a clothing line. I donít believe this falls under their terms of Kickststarter and how that money was supposed to be used. They promised a product and now theyíre trying to profit off Kickstarter money by starting a clothing line.

This all somehow seems to fall outside the terms of what Kickstarter is for. Is this fraud to those who donated to them? And no one is going to sit here and tell me that InXile did not use any of the Kickstarter money to start this clothing line up.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches
2. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:01 Darks

Isnt this game dead yet!  

1798 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo