Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 1853 (Pro)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
22. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 14:20 Darks

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:24:
Darks wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:14:
Excuse me, but thereís a big difference when people agree and disagree compared to the constant whining and bitching thatís been occurring here. Donít confuse the facts. And I do believe there are many others here who share that same sentiment.

In no way do I believe the game will be perfect, but some of the constant complaining Iíve read here is beyond the norm. So lets just agree to disagree shall we?

People posting things about the game's flaws isn't bitching just because you say it is.

If you want to agree to disagree, how about you stop thread shitting whenever someone posts an opinion you don't like? You claim to have played the game at E3 so maybe try telling people something positive about it other than "its great, you all suck you stupid whiners blah blah blah".

Also there is no way you get to play the high road card when you came into the thread posting this crap:

Oh gee, another thread for everyone to sit in and bitch about the game.

If the fucking shoe fits than wear it, got it Veron? I post what I did because of the same shit like this. Got it??

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:14 Darks

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:09:
Redmask wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 12:58:
There are a ton of streams out since the console version leaked the other night, people can watch some and judge the quality for themselves. I think the SP looks really mediocre and clunky, I haven't seen any MP videos yet other than the official videos.

Anyone know when the embargo lifts? The critical response to this will be interesting.

Watching isn't the same thing as playing. I do tend to agree about the single player campaign from what I've observed though. I think more than anything else I wonder how this game was so long in development.

Oh gee, another thread for everyone to sit in and bitch about the game

Welcome to the internet where people don't always agree with you. If you just want mindless cheerleading then go to the official forums. Personally I learn a lot more about a game from other users likes and dislikes so I welcome all feedback, good and bad. I'm a lot more likely to buy a game I've heard both the pros and cons on.

Anyways getting back on topic, are the console users all staying off PSN/XBL to avoid a ban or are some people showing the MP off?

Excuse me, but thereís a big difference when people agree and disagree compared to the constant whining and bitching thatís been occurring here. Donít confuse the facts. And I do believe there are many others here who share that same sentiment.

In no way do I believe the game will be perfect, but some of the constant complaining Iíve read here is beyond the norm. So lets just agree to disagree shall we?

2. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 12:51 Darks

Oh gee, another thread for everyone to sit in and bitch about the game.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut
19. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 8, 2013, 11:28 Darks

Redmask wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 11:22:
The reason why this game doesn't work is the developers want to make a FPS when that is anathema to what worked in the films. The Aliens were deadly because the humans were at a disadvantage and victim of their own hubris and of greed in general. To make a good Alien game you have to be at a real disadvantage.

In Alien they were trapped on a spaceship where even wounding the alien could literally kill everyone onboard, with no weapons but makeshift flamethrowers and prods, and with the smartest person onboard dedicated to killing them. In Aliens they were crippled (they had to use shotguns and flamethrowers), then they lost all their equipment and had to hole up in enemy territory. In Alien 3 they were on a prison planet with no weapons.

Aliens games want to go "Yo, dude, check it out, you've got a smart gun you can fire with impunity" while ignoring that the marine's firepower being castrated was essential to the atmosphere.

And I said textures, not character models. The texture work is very spotty and this isn't a surprise considering they reused assets from a game initially cancelled in 2001. It might improve as the game goes on and more of Gearbox's work shows.

Ill tell you want Redmask, go find the funding to make your own game, then build it and present it. lets see if you can do a better job since you seem to be an expert.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut
18. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 8, 2013, 11:24 Darks

Beamer wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 10:59:
Redmask wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 10:26:
An Aliens Walkthrough

I take it back, this looks WAY worse than I thought initially. The texture work looks like early first wave console games. The Aliens are a joke, it feels like a Call of Duty mod or something. I normally try to look on the bright side of things but this just looks terrible. 20 seconds in and a ragdoll gets stuck in the level geometry, horrible VA, consolized gameplay

Those graphics look way better than people are making it out. Seriously, the character models look fine. Anyone saying it looks like a game from 2002, or even from the launch of the 360, does not remember what games looked like then.

And yeah, it's a bit annoying that the AI friendlies take about a billion shots to kill something, but trust me, it's more frustrating if they're as deadly as you are. This guy was killing most people in one burst (what difficulty is this?) And he was ALWAYS lagging behind his AI teammates. If they were more deadly, he wouldn't be killing anything. He'd just be watching the friendlies kill.

Which is why friendly AI almost never manages to be deadly - it becomes them playing instead of you. Given that no room had a huge amount of enemies, I think it was fine that they were killing ~15%. It bugged the crap out of me in Call of Duty, where you'd be fighting 100 guys and they'd kill 5, but here? If they were as deadly as this guy wanted he wouldn't have been playing a game.

The things he complains about seem fine to me. The thing he praises, the level design, seems problematic to me. Clear room, walk into next room, clear room, walk into next room, clear room, walk into next room. It's Doom 3 without closets.

Hey Beamer, How ya been?

Dude, itís pointless to try and argue or even convince these guys of anything. They all seem to have it in their heads that the game is shit and it wonít be worth a damn.

Thatís fine, Iím done trying to convince or even argue anymore with them. Itís their lose. I know I will enjoy the game and thatís all that really matters. Iím in this game for the Campaign Co-op with my friends.

I personally donít get how anyone thinks or can even comment that the graphics look dated. I donít, I think many here donít know the back ground on this game and how it was started about 5 years ago and how it almost didnít get made because of finance issues and Sega pouring all their money in the Aliens Vs. Predator.

I have personally played this game at E3, and I loved it. It was what I expected and have been wanting in an aliens Game for years. Coop with friends. And there was no better timeline to pick then the one from the second movie.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Bug Hunt" DLC Revealed?
51. removed Feb 7, 2013, 16:48 Darks

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 8, 2013, 07:23.

49. removed Feb 7, 2013, 16:35 Darks

* REMOVED *

34. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 7, 2013, 13:28 Darks

Trevellian wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:03:
Verno wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 12:59:
I don't know, I respect your opinion Trev but it's more or less the same as I remember it being since I started reading in like...2001ish? I had a different posting account back then but lost the password to my old account/email after changing jobs. It's funny, I read Ars and people there say "Arsians are sooo negative about XYZ", I read SA and people on there comment that "SA goons are the worst!" type stuff. Same story at Giantbomb forums even.

I've found Blue to be pretty open when you report posts and etc, I'm sure if you guys take a small sampling and pass them on, he would act on it if there is a real problem. Too often though I find it's just a difference of opinion and one person blames the community at large for a minority of comments or opinions.

Honestly? I can't find my happy place for reviews anymore. It's not just Blues, it's everywhere. Trolls have become far more abundant in the past few years and it makes the Internet less amusing for me.

Mostly I just do Rock Paper Shotgun because I like their method of pointing out the pro's and cons and not giving a numerical rating, they just tell you how it is and let you formulate your own conclusion based on it. I feel that is how a review should be, otherwise people skip to the end to see 7/10 and decide the game "Isn't good" because it didn't get a 9.

But I digress, Blues isn't a review site. I just get tired of all the negativity surrounding EVERY single game that is announced here, before anyone knows anything about it. And if someone does want to buy something like Aliens they get told "You're wasting your money because I think it looks stupid." Borderlands 2 went through the same thing here at Blues and it's a GREAT game. And it is the reason I have no problem giving Gearbox my money for Aliens CM. They are bringing over the same Drop in Drop out Coop, a Left 4 Dead style mode called Escape. I play these games coop, I don't play them for single player. The amount of fun I will get out of playing it 4 player far outweighs the small cost I may pay that someone doesn't deem the game worthy of because they watched a video or two.

I just feel like this place has become known for overwhelming negativity towards people who are excited, about what? Games. That is why we all come here right? If you don't like games why are you here, what makes someone else's dollar more important than another's that they feel the need to belittle other people here for wanting to play a damn game. Certain people need to get over themselves. That's all I'm saying.

Awesome, Someone who understands and feels the same way I do about this and whats been going on. Thanks Trev!

21. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 7, 2013, 11:23 Darks

Verno wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 11:12:
He's right though, you just admitted buying it on hype alone long before the brunt of the preview material was even out. Amusingly you're angry at people for making up their own mind, just coming to the opposite conclusion.

Something tells me that if people were just lavishing this game with praise you wouldn't be posting "STOP GUYS, we can't judge it until its out!".

People here like Aliens for the most part, that's been my observation anyway. So they tend to be very forgiving of flaws and if they are still saying that this looks lackluster, well....I don't think that bodes well. I'm still not sure why you care so much either, does their lack of purchase or enjoyment of it somehow affect you? No it doesn't so chillax

Wow, you guys really are some lost puppies. I never once said I bought this game on hype. The truth is, I bought it for two reasons, Coop being the primary reason because we have LAN parties twice a month and our group is big on Coop games. Secondly, itís the Aliens universe; I have bought each and every game that has been released over the years. So why should his game be any different in my purchases?

Again, you all assume way too much.

18. removed Feb 7, 2013, 11:05 Darks

* REMOVED *

13. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 10:27 Darks

TheDevilYouKnow wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 10:15:
Darks wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 09:44:
TheDevilYouKnow wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 09:11:
HORSESHIT !

Yes ,I said it. As a loooooongtime gamer ( since DOOM on a floppy disk,original ATARI console etc...) it is sad to see such great movie franchise milked for all it's worth as a video game franchise being EA'ed to death. I'm not buying this one.

Vote with your hard earned dollar folks...let them know this is crap treatment of us and the franchise.

The only horse shit here is yours and many others attitude towards a game you havenít even played yet. That is the biggest joke here. So fucking what if thereís DLC, if you want to get right to it, itís all you sorry asses who bought and paid for the DLC many years ago for Oblivion.

yes they pretty much started the DLC trend and now everyone is doing it because you all caved in and bought it. Now you all want to sit around and bitch about it like a bunch of old ladies. Seems very hypocritical if you ask me.

Put your money where your mouth is Darks...

I already put my money where my mouth is, I bought the game several months ago. Okay?

12. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 10:24 Darks

Verno wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 10:08:
Darks wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 09:44:

The only horse shit here is yours and many others attitude towards a game you havenít even played yet.

Err, they think it doesn't look good, that's not an attitude, it's just an observation and opinion. You're just angry because you like it and others don't. Your comments works both ways too, you seem awfully defensive about a game you haven't spent much time with either.

No Verno, Iím not defending the game I think I made it pretty clear in previous posting about the attitude of many people here that seeming do a lot of bitching and whining.

My defense with this game comes from the fact that no one has put one second into this game, but many here seem to think they know best and have come to the conclusion that the game already sucks.

I never once posted that I like this game or Iím going to like it. What Iím defending is the fact that too many people have come to the conclusion just because they think itís going to be bad that it is a bad game.

And again, there has been too much emphasis on graphics and textures.

To me that is Absolut nonsense when I sit here and read those comments. I think some of you need to go back to your consoles and leave pc game alone if your that unhappy with pc games.

7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 09:44 Darks

TheDevilYouKnow wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 09:11:
HORSESHIT !

Yes ,I said it. As a loooooongtime gamer ( since DOOM on a floppy disk,original ATARI console etc...) it is sad to see such great movie franchise milked for all it's worth as a video game franchise being EA'ed to death. I'm not buying this one.

Vote with your hard earned dollar folks...let them know this is crap treatment of us and the franchise.

The only horse shit here is yours and many others attitude towards a game you havenít even played yet. That is the biggest joke here. So fucking what if thereís DLC, if you want to get right to it, itís all you sorry asses who bought and paid for the DLC many years ago for Oblivion.

yes they pretty much started the DLC trend and no everyone is doing it because you all caved in and bought it. Now you all want to sit around and bitch about it like a bunch of old ladies. Seems very hypocritical if you ask me.

News Comments > John Carmack On Linux Gaming Support
9. Re: John Carmack On Linux Gaming Support Feb 6, 2013, 10:07 Darks

I know many people bash on John Romero, but at least the guy still has passion for making PC games. Too bad he left Id, I think had he stayed Id would be a better company and they would still be making PC games.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 1, 2013, 09:18 Darks

No matter what they do, Gun control will never fix this. We are all engrained with killing, this all goes back to Cain killing his brother with a rock. We are all dammed in this way. Someone will always find a tool for the job, whether it be a gun or a knife or axe. Taking away guns will only make them look elsewhere for the weapons, and all this is doing is promoting a black market for weapons.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Retrovirus
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Retrovirus Feb 1, 2013, 00:08 Darks

Damn Dev, did you wet yourself? You were so excited for this game I wasnít sure if it was Christmas already. lol.  

News Comments > Warframe Closed Beta Updated; Interview
1. Re: Warframe Closed Beta Updated; Interview Jan 31, 2013, 09:31 Darks

This game reminds me of the Gyver. the chars look just like him.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Kick Ass" Trailer
13. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 15:12 Darks

Jivaro wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 13:45:
Okay Darks...I have to ask...

Is it just that you are a huge fan of Alien everything or is there some bigger reason you keep jumping in to defend this game every time a a comments section goes negative about it?

Not being snarky...just asking.

It is not that Iím defending the game; Iím just getting tired of all the negativity when it comes to pc games in general here at Blues. Itís becoming a routine here listening to whinny assed people bitch about pc games in general when there are not a whole lot of them to go around as it is.

Iíd like to see a pool done to show who all here owns a console versus those of us who do not. In the end, those who own a console are to blame for where pc gaming has gone in general and why we have dumbed down console port.

Ill defend any good pc game, not just this one. I really like the alienís universe in general, and this is the FIRST Aliens game we have gotten that has full on 4 players Coop. and when I hear all the bitching about this game it really pisses me off to no end.

In fact itís getting a little sickening reading it all the time by the same people doing the bitchin. I have faith in Gearbox, itís not like they donít know how to make games or how to make a good coop game. I think borderlands 1 and 2 speak for itself on how good they are in general as a developer.

9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 13:38 Darks

McSterls wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 12:55:
Darks wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 12:49:
I just love how you guys make an opinion about graphics made from a video and probably made on the console version. Sarcasticclap

Isn't that the point of them posting videos' to get potential players reactions and influence sales? Maybe we should just have someone tell us what to think and go with that. Also, the voice actor sucks.

Wrong, you heard a narrator, not actual in game voice actors. I have faith in Gearbox, especially after BL2 and how well done the voice actors were in that game. And about those graphics. Letís get realistic for a moment. Yes graphics are nice to have, but at the end of the day it comes down to the game play and story.

Those are what sells gameís, take a look at Minecraft. shitty graphics, but over 10 million copies sold. The game play sold that game. Sometimes, you all put entirely way to much emphasis on graphics. Iíll take a really good game over graphics any day. And coop is a Hugh plus when it comes to these types of games.

6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 12:49 Darks

Xero wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 12:26:
Those graphics look A@@tastic. Nothing like the PC version. I was giving this game praise for it's graphics in another post and after seeing this, I can honestly say I'm so glad I don't console game, lol.

I just love how you guys make an opinion about graphics made from a video and proably made on the consiole version. Sarcasticclap

1853 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo