Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 1646 (Pro)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues
14. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 12:58 Darks

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 12:57:
Darks wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 12:29:
snip
You're the reason the GR and R6 series have gone to shit.

yea, whatever jackoff!!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
36. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Jun 27, 2012, 12:36 Darks

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 09:55:
PHJF wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 09:51:
Can people please stop referring to ArmA in the positive? ArmA was a shit game. ArmA 2 is a shit game. ArmA 3 will most likely be a shit game. Trying to do something different and failing is failing just the same.

Yeah I made the mistake of ignoring your advice and bought ArmA 2 on sale. Maybe DayZ is cool, I have no idea because I couldn't get past the clunky, floaty controls in ArmA 2. Everything just felt off and made it a chore to play.

No knocking you Verno, I know what you mean about the controls and the bugs I experienced trying to play Coop. But I recall a conversation some time ago about Op Flashpoint Red River and how I was talking about how it was a better game especially the mechanics of the game and I got beat up by many in this same forum about being full of it.

Not saying it was you. Because I donít recall. Iím just saying that yep, ARMA is not all itís cracked up to be. Iíve been burnt twice on this series of games. Iím not holding my breath to see if ARMA 3 is any good. Time will tell. And I still hold my ground on Red River being a much better game. At least I was able to beat that campaign 3 times with friends. Canít say the same about ARMA.

12. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 12:29 Darks

Trevellian wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 11:43:
*shrug* I've always been a huge Ghost Recon fanboy. Had this preordered, along with 3 buddies for the Campaign COOP.

That being said. We haven't run into any of the problems other people are having. With the exception of No Crossfire/SLI Support (It causes flickering) which is easily turned off.

We haven't had a single issue with WASD and Mouse. So we can't complain. Game runs great, and it has been a lot of fun coop. My keyboard works perfectly fine. Not saying others aren't having problems but it's not as wide spread as the Ubi-Haters would have you believe.

Ill second this post and sign it. Same goes for me and my friends so far. I think people just like hearing themselves bitch is all.

All I know is this. If people continue to bitch and complain about the pc games. Even though the game does feel a bit consolish, but itís not as bad as some would have you believing. If the bitching continues, we wonít have any pc games to bitch about. They will stop making them just like this game almost didnít come to the pc.

I can say without a doubt I was happy as hell when they finally announced this game for the pc. I was at E3 when they showed of f the game two years ago. And it was stated then, that there would be no pc port. I was pissed and started my boycotting of UBI, but they have done well to this point by backing off their drm stance. So I will support them if this case. Plus having Coop is always a good thing.

11. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 12:23 Darks

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 12:14:
Apparently the game only works in 16:9, which means if you have a 16:10 monitor you'll have black bars at the top and bottom. It also has no dedicated servers and the interface is apparently straight from the console version.

So Ubisoft put in some effort but it still gets an C- overall.

Donít know about that. I have had zero issues with the resolution, or the WASD and mouse movement. So far the game has run pretty flawless and been a lot of fun. So no complaints from me. I personally am enjoying this game a lot.

32. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Jun 27, 2012, 09:53 Darks

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 07:15:
Darks wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 22:18:
I have no idea what videos you are watching, but they must be shit. Because Iíve been playing the hell out of this game and its kicks ass. Coop is a ton of fun and the game looks great. The game feels like a mix of Vegas and Ghost Recon. I love the tactical element. The ghost stealth just kicks all kinds of ass.
I've watched several videos but this is as good an example as any. Terrible character models, especially the face. Appalling lip-sync. Wooden animations. And all the gameplay criticism stands, as it's just a third-person cover shooter. There is no "tactical element".

For anyone that is into this style of game it's great that Ubisoft is putting the effort in to make the PC version look better. But I'd still like to see them return to the original Rainbow Six, which really did have a lot of tactical elements. Games like Vegas 2 were playable but shallow.

Sorry, but I just donít see where you getting that the models are terrible. The faces could look a little better, but for the most part they look fine, and I have seen far worst in some of the newer games that are out now. And truthfully, how often are you going to stop and just is there and watch someone face? Not much!

As for the tactical element and the cover and fire. I donít see how this is a problem. This is how itís done in real life, no one is a loner that can sit there and have their health blasted to bits and expect to live. Running and gunning is a thing of the past now. Gamers wanted the tactical element in their games and thatís what you get now. I just donít see the problem with it.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Jun 26, 2012, 22:18 Darks

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 21:44:
Although the game supports DX11 it stills looks terrible in all the videos I've seen so far. Further, the game itself is highly derivative and the gameplay looks incredibly dull. So while I'm sure it's better than the respective console versions I still wouldn't consider buying it, even if it was on sale for 85% off.

On the otherhand, Far Cry 3 looks to be very promising. Ubisoft may have shitty business practices but it has a lot of talented developers. I just wish they could nail the final 10% that turns a good game into a great game.

PS - Isn't it time that Ubisoft ditched the Tom Clancy brand? There are so many original concepts left to explore in game design that it's a complete waste to keep rehashing the same shit year after year.

I have no idea what videos you are watching, but they must be shit. Because Iíve been playing the hell out of this game and its kicks ass. Coop is a ton of fun and the game looks great. The game feels like a mix of Vegas and Ghost Recon. I love the tactical element. The ghost stealth just kicks all kinds of ass.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale
2. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 21:04 Darks

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 20:36:
OMFG... MMO rip-off lameness just hit a new all-time low

My thoughts exactly. i saw this and laughed.

News Comments > "38 Studios Spouse" Speaks
37. Re: Jun 13, 2012, 18:54 Darks

Kosumo wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 18:12:
Smellfinger wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 17:38:
ASeven wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 16:36:
The only tragic thing is that there's now families who are in dire straits and are not to be blamed for this mess.

I feel no sympathy for someone who can't hack it in the entertainment industry and goes on the dole because they can't do anything practical. The American economic toilet is clogged with computer jockeys who produce nothing of intrinsic value. Hopefully a percentage of the ones who lose work in the decaying video game industry become productive members of society by taking up a trade or going back to college to become something useful like an engineer.

Totally agree, having 3 kids, a wife, a dog and a cat and working (trying to support them on the one wage) in the video game side of the entertainment industry is totally asking for trouble. And moving across the country for the job? - is that cos it's his dream job or is it the only one he could get?

It's sad but I'll save my tears for children getting killed in wars zones/drone strike.

Kosumo, you are a pig. Sorry, but stereo typing anyone in the gaming development business and saying that you have no sympathy for them all because they are in a business that you deem unstable or volatile is absolutely absurd. This happens to many people not just in the gaming business. It happens to everyday folks that take a chance to work for a company that is supposed to be reputable and stable.

Again, youíre an asinine pig and I hope you choke on those pixels.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
12. Re: Sips Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 12, 2012, 19:42 Darks

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 19:34:
I really would love to get into this game but looking at the gameplay videos I am just overwhelmed by the amount of stuff you gotta do. I've never played the original sins.

Trust me, its not as bad as youi might think. its a bit of a learning curve at first but after a few games you will be all in to it and wanting even more.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
9. Re: Sips Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 12, 2012, 18:41 Darks

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 17:20:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 16:41:
It's about time. I'll start a large scale map tonight, and fill that bitch with starbases! Slow Advance + Turtle = satisfaction. :o

I also like how a normally slow game like this can still deliver panicked worry.

A massive enemy fleet jumps into your gravity well. Your defenses are overwhelmed, your starbase is giving them hell but it's shields are collapsing under the strain. Your rescue fleet is a couple jumps away, an eternity during a battle. Will they make it in time? Will you lose that expensive starbase? Will they glass the planet?

Tumbler wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 17:09:
Seems odd they didn't reach out to Sins owners and there is no demo. $40 is asking a lot in my opinion and I'm more comfortable waiting at this point.

I'll go watch some Let's Play video's and see if I can't "try" the game that way.

Sins owners got early beta access and $10 off the preorder.

I canít begin to tell you how many times Iíve felt that panic when playing. lol! Good shit indeed!

Love the game, I was on the beta and played it in the earlier stages, it played really well and didnít lag, Iím hoping the final version is just as good if not better In this area.

News Comments > Bethesda Still Wants RAGE to be All the Rage
5. Re: Bethesda Still Wants RAGE to be All the Rage Jun 8, 2012, 11:24 Darks

How about making the games campaign fully playable coop, now that would be nice instead of the stupid mission they added which were lame.

The game wasnít that bad, it was fun in some areas but the constant re-spawning of vehicles in the waste land was a bit annoying.

News Comments > PC Future Soldier This Month
2. Re: PC Future Soldier This Month Jun 6, 2012, 12:52 Darks

Moog wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 12:45:
Steam says 14th June... http://store.steampowered.com/app/212630/
will be pissed off if this is delayed!

Same here, my preloaded game is showing that itís getting released in 6 days. So Iím not sure where this news is coming from, and yes. Pissed is an understatement.

BTW, they need to change that from PC Key features to Standard Features. Since when did those features become non standard?

News Comments > Dishonored Trailer
10. Re: Dishonored Trailer Jun 5, 2012, 10:06 Darks

Fletch wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 01:44:
Console port, complete with console interface and gameplay.

I thought that same thing once I saw the ring interface pop up.

It looks good, but fucking consoles!!

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Details
8. Re: Star Wars 1313 Details Jun 1, 2012, 11:20 Darks

Tumbler wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 10:19:
Maybe this will surprise us like prey 2 did...hahah haahhaha...ah no.

Yea and look where Prey 2 is at now. Not finished and its status unknown.

The problem with this game is that itís going to be on the Xbox, so it will be pg13. They wonít be allowed to make it as dark as we would like for it to be. So it will ultimately end up being an epic fail.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
3. Re: Diablo III Patch May 29, 2012, 13:18 Darks

Rattlehead wrote on May 29, 2012, 13:09:
first

So!

Can anyone explain to me why would Blizz take an ability that had only 2 seconds to begin with and now reduce it to one second? How does this make any logical sense? I mean by the time you activate it, itís over. Thereís no benefit whatsoever for having an ability like this when itís been nerfed to shit. This type of skill I do not waste my time with if it has no benefit at all to you or the party. blizz sucks ass!

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
47. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 28, 2012, 19:07 Darks

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 28, 2012, 18:49:
I just unlocked Inferno yesterday and the game instantly went from awesome to pure SUCK!
I have very good gear, lots of HP for a wizard, but there is no chance completing even act 1. People already have adapted. They dont play Inferno much, and if its being played, a few areas are being farmed, by avoiding mobs and running to chests and stuff.

Yeah, better gear will prolly change that, but I wont farm act 1 or Hell act 3 & 4 until I have 20 million to buy proper gear.
I feel like Im going to stop playing soon, because this is not fun.

Exactly this, I have watched people try to beat Inferno and to no end, the whole invulnerable Champions mobs are utter bullshit. People are geared really well and they are getting one shotted to hell and back, so they are skirting around those kinds of mobs to beat the game. Not how it should be at all. That is NOT fun, nor how people want to play this game. And yes, crafting is shit. max ur gold find and buy what you need. Itís far less hassle and saves you a ton of money.

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
31. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 28, 2012, 16:34 Darks

RollinThundr wrote on May 28, 2012, 16:07:
Alamar wrote on May 28, 2012, 15:45:
Beelzebud wrote on May 28, 2012, 15:39:
I love how everyone is an expert about itemization for legendaries vs. rares based on roughly 2 weeks worth of random drops, and a few forum posts by people with anecdotes.

Surely, the comments from those not even playing the game are amusing...

But in this regard, reality is handy, but perception is king...

The problems (in this area) with perception is that people don't value certain lines (affixes) on a legendary, when they have some real use... Personally, I skip stuff with 'increases health globe pickup range', but then, I die from not being able to reach a health globe, so maybe that's karma heh...

Also, that whole comparing higher level blues with lower lvl legendaries is useful... The 'real' problem is that while it may be one in a billion drops, if there is ever one blue with perfect high rolls that beats one (equal ilvl) orange with perfect low rolls people scream that the system is broken... I half agree, as I think it's pointless to have gear that has such an absurdly low chance of dropping, not be overpowered, but apparently they want orange gear to just be a tad stronger (partially for balance I imagine, and to prevent AH abuse - go figure).

-Alamar

my lvl 51 DH says hello btw. And that's just it, for items that drop as rarely as legendary items do, their stats flat out suck. In 51 levels I've found 2 total. 2! Through a complete play through of normal and Nightmare. One was a lvl 10 Witch Doctor helm with terrible stats, the other a lvl 41 quiver that if it didn't have +104 dex on it, I would have AH'ed in a heart beat since the rest of the stats on it suck.. oooo +3 to disipline! oooo Reduces the cost of Cluster arrow! (a skill I don't even use)

That's the problem in a nut shell, in Diablo II, uniques were exactly that unique and usually the high end one's were powerful. In Diablo III it's oh hope the randomize dice roll plays nice for you.

Dude, I agree, legendary items blow big time, hell sometimes a blue item will drop that makes the legendary items look horrid.

As for balance changes, ok blizz, thatís right letís make the classes even more under powered. As it is now, no one is able to get through Inferno mode because itís entirely OP. And donít ever go on the forums and post a negative comment about the game or blizz. It will get nuked, that is just pathetic when a company canít even allow customers to vent their frustrations.

Great job as usual Blizz, you never fail to disappoint.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
46. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 16:16 Darks

Creston wrote on May 24, 2012, 16:13:
nin wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:18:
edit: Oh, and have fun with your steam patches for torchlight 2!

So Steam is bad now? Did I blink?

Creston

No, I think what heís saying is that canít complain about one without complaining about the other. Both do pretty much the same things, so itís like you calling the kettle black when you do.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
42. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 15:56 Darks

Verno wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:49:
DrEvil wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:03:
The difference is that here, the changes are even being made "server-side", and you have no choice as to whether you take the patches.

At least with the older games, if they made changes you didn't like, you could at least finish your single-player game before updating.

Now users that take longer to finish are going to finish a never-ending stream of tweaks to difficulty and gameplay before they even finish their first run through of the game.

Sucktastic.

Indeed.

I think they have a bit of egg on the face about how Inferno is basically being beta tested by the public. They made a lot of claims about how it was never beaten internally because it was so hard and etc etc but I think it was simply due to them never actually bothering. Some ability balance is expected but they can't really get upset about people finding the optimal builds because most variations simply do not work on Inferno.

This sounds just like WOW, people had same issues with doing Hard mode for Cata and the last patch that added the new instance that I canít recall the name of now. We had the same issues with trying to do hard modes with our guild that it ended up discouraging people so badly many quit and gave up trying.

blizz always goes overboard on making the Hard modes way more difficult then they need to be. This isnít an MMO yet they treat it as if it is. That just drives me crazy. May people donít want to spend time waiting for others to beat all game modes. Making Inferno impossible to beat just forces people to stop playing all together, I like a challenge but not at the expense of being frustrated to no end.

Especially when the bosses donít even drop good loot after the first run though. That just does not cut it in my book. Thereís no incentive to really strive to beat the games other hard modes when the gear drops suck.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2012, 16:13.

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
53. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 14:50 Darks

deqer wrote on May 23, 2012, 14:11:
Darks wrote on May 23, 2012, 13:59:
the game is now a MP game whether you like it or not so deal with it and stop bitchin about it.
I guess they should've said that on the box, or in their ads. "Multiplayer Only" and "Online Only"

Deger, youíre an idiot, go and read the box and tell me what it says about requiring an online connection. Yea, thatís what I thought. Iím starting to wonder if you even own a copy of the game because I seriously doubt you do since it does state it right on the box about requiring an internet connection. Do us all a favor and leave troll.

1646 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo