Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 1761 (Pro)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Bug Hunt" DLC Revealed?
7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 09:44 Darks

TheDevilYouKnow wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 09:11:
HORSESHIT !

Yes ,I said it. As a loooooongtime gamer ( since DOOM on a floppy disk,original ATARI console etc...) it is sad to see such great movie franchise milked for all it's worth as a video game franchise being EA'ed to death. I'm not buying this one.

Vote with your hard earned dollar folks...let them know this is crap treatment of us and the franchise.

The only horse shit here is yours and many others attitude towards a game you havenít even played yet. That is the biggest joke here. So fucking what if thereís DLC, if you want to get right to it, itís all you sorry asses who bought and paid for the DLC many years ago for Oblivion.

yes they pretty much started the DLC trend and no everyone is doing it because you all caved in and bought it. Now you all want to sit around and bitch about it like a bunch of old ladies. Seems very hypocritical if you ask me.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > John Carmack On Linux Gaming Support
9. Re: John Carmack On Linux Gaming Support Feb 6, 2013, 10:07 Darks

I know many people bash on John Romero, but at least the guy still has passion for making PC games. Too bad he left Id, I think had he stayed Id would be a better company and they would still be making PC games.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 1, 2013, 09:18 Darks

No matter what they do, Gun control will never fix this. We are all engrained with killing, this all goes back to Cain killing his brother with a rock. We are all dammed in this way. Someone will always find a tool for the job, whether it be a gun or a knife or axe. Taking away guns will only make them look elsewhere for the weapons, and all this is doing is promoting a black market for weapons.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Retrovirus
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Retrovirus Feb 1, 2013, 00:08 Darks

Damn Dev, did you wet yourself? You were so excited for this game I wasnít sure if it was Christmas already. lol.  

News Comments > Warframe Closed Beta Updated; Interview
1. Re: Warframe Closed Beta Updated; Interview Jan 31, 2013, 09:31 Darks

This game reminds me of the Gyver. the chars look just like him.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Kick Ass" Trailer
13. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 15:12 Darks

Jivaro wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 13:45:
Okay Darks...I have to ask...

Is it just that you are a huge fan of Alien everything or is there some bigger reason you keep jumping in to defend this game every time a a comments section goes negative about it?

Not being snarky...just asking.

It is not that Iím defending the game; Iím just getting tired of all the negativity when it comes to pc games in general here at Blues. Itís becoming a routine here listening to whinny assed people bitch about pc games in general when there are not a whole lot of them to go around as it is.

Iíd like to see a pool done to show who all here owns a console versus those of us who do not. In the end, those who own a console are to blame for where pc gaming has gone in general and why we have dumbed down console port.

Ill defend any good pc game, not just this one. I really like the alienís universe in general, and this is the FIRST Aliens game we have gotten that has full on 4 players Coop. and when I hear all the bitching about this game it really pisses me off to no end.

In fact itís getting a little sickening reading it all the time by the same people doing the bitchin. I have faith in Gearbox, itís not like they donít know how to make games or how to make a good coop game. I think borderlands 1 and 2 speak for itself on how good they are in general as a developer.

9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 13:38 Darks

McSterls wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 12:55:
Darks wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 12:49:
I just love how you guys make an opinion about graphics made from a video and probably made on the console version. Sarcasticclap

Isn't that the point of them posting videos' to get potential players reactions and influence sales? Maybe we should just have someone tell us what to think and go with that. Also, the voice actor sucks.

Wrong, you heard a narrator, not actual in game voice actors. I have faith in Gearbox, especially after BL2 and how well done the voice actors were in that game. And about those graphics. Letís get realistic for a moment. Yes graphics are nice to have, but at the end of the day it comes down to the game play and story.

Those are what sells gameís, take a look at Minecraft. shitty graphics, but over 10 million copies sold. The game play sold that game. Sometimes, you all put entirely way to much emphasis on graphics. Iíll take a really good game over graphics any day. And coop is a Hugh plus when it comes to these types of games.

6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 12:49 Darks

Xero wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 12:26:
Those graphics look A@@tastic. Nothing like the PC version. I was giving this game praise for it's graphics in another post and after seeing this, I can honestly say I'm so glad I don't console game, lol.

I just love how you guys make an opinion about graphics made from a video and proably made on the consiole version. Sarcasticclap

News Comments > Chris Taylor on GPG, Wildman, and Publishers
3. Re: Chris Taylor on GPG, Wildman, and Publishers Jan 23, 2013, 00:52 Darks

Stimpack wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 21:13:
That was an.... interesting interview.

Simply put its publisherís that are screwing over smaller developers like GPG. Itís not like Chris is trying to mismanage the company. This all falls back to how publishers screw the little guy. He had similar isues with Sega years ago, on Space siege. They said hereís some money, you got one year to make it. After he released it in the condition it was, and believe me, he didnít like putting out a half assed game. It was either release it as was, or you donít get paid. And they even tried screwing him over on money after it was released.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups
1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 14:21 Darks

First!  

News Comments > Wildman Status Report - GPG Retaining Some Staff?
7. Re: Wildman Status Report - GPG Retaining Some Staff? Jan 22, 2013, 11:07 Darks

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 10:01:
I decided to take a chance and back this because I like GPG and Chris Taylor and this game sounds cool. I know it's a big risk though and I totally get why anyone would steer clear. I would like a bit more detail from Taylor on how they think the $1.1M will get them to release or more importantly, if they plan to use this to seek additional funding to get things completed.

Parallax,

These are good questions, you should post it up to their Kick Starter page, and Chris reads everything posted there. Iím sure he will address it. If not I will send it to him personally. I can assure you, he has no intentions of deceiving anyone.

They need your support and there are no as someone put it blackmailing the customers involved here to try and get support by putting on some type of sorry to make people feel Sorrow for them. If they donít get the support, the company will go under.

Chris put over 15 years of his life and eveything he has into GPG, he dosent want to see his company go under.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic
7. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 09:49 Darks

pagb wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 09:08:
Awesome! Won't be buying

Me either, Canít stand the new Blizzard. All they are good for anymore is making CGI Movies. Starcrap 2 has no value, units are like paper cutouts. Defenses are nothing more than fodder that gets rolled over far too easily.

News Comments > Atari U.S. Files for Bankruptcy
5. Re: Atari U.S. Files for Bankruptcy Jan 21, 2013, 09:39 Darks

nin wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 08:35:
Wonder what this does for the BG:EE just released on steam? It was behind on patches, and Overhaul said it was due to Atari doing it themselves...(and that patches would eventually come from them).

Atari has been screwing over games and the DnD franchise for years. Which is why they lost the license, especially after the pitiful release of Daggerfall, that had so much potential but was released at least 6 moths to early and they never kept their promises to release a patch to fix the game.

I feel no symphony for this shitty company. They have turned in to this decades Interplay. They need to go bye, bye!

News Comments > Gas Powered Games Layoffs
45. Re: Gas Powered Games Layoffs Jan 19, 2013, 16:46 Darks

DangerDog wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 15:35:
jacobvandy wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 22:45:
Here's the video update of the man himself explaining the situation.

He also asks at the end for people to sort of vote whether they should keep the campaign going or shut it down, in the KS comments. However, only backers can post comments, so that's bound to be biased (in a good way). I think there has been an uptick in pledges in the past hour or two, though, as well.

Think what you will about CT and GPG in general, or whether or not you think Wildman will be good or even get finished... I just hate to see people completely misunderstanding what's going on here. I've seen some comments on the KS page and elsewhere, of people flat out saying shit like FUCK YOU I HATE YOU THIS COMPANY IS DEAD GOOD RIDDANCE YOU FAIL HAR HAR, etc., purely because they're interpreting the layoffs as indication of a scam or poorly executed plan. They're taking a risk, sure, but I'm fairly certain it's a last resort that has been thought over way more than we'd ever realize.

I don't think that video was the right way to handle the situation, it just speaks more to bad preparation on GPG's part that they've put all their eggs in one basket for this game to make or break it for them. The same controversy hit Frontier Developers in the middle of Elite's kickstarter but you didn't see David Braben crying about lack of funding early in its kickstarter - which also started out poorly.

Lots of people buy into kickstarts based on the nostalgia factor, I would have probably "kicked in" for a continuation of Supreme Commander series if it meant a return to Total Annihilation form.

They should know by now what games they've sold the most copies of.

Danger, you have a complete lack of understanding of what is really going on with this company. They are at the end of their rope, the cash flow is about gone, and they have very little cash left to keep the company going. He had to lay off just about everyone or they were done.

This is why heís going the KS rote. This is what itís for, itís not like heís trying to device anyone about where the company is at or going. Heís at the end. There have not been many projects coming his way over the past three years. They had to put Kings and Castles on hold and go and work on Age of Empires online to try and stay afloat, that project only lasted so long. If this project funds, he will be hiring back several of those people who were let go.

This is not a lack of bad preparation. This is his last stand. Call it what you will be heís just trying to survive. Also, why do you think he sold off many of his IPs, SupCom and Dungeon Siege. He needed money to keep going. Trust me; he did not want to sell that stuff off. He had no choice.

Imagine losing your job, your bank account is about empty and your still trying to pay for your cable, Electric, gas and water. What ones would you shut off first?

News Comments > Wildman Footage
2. Re: Wildman Footage Jan 18, 2013, 17:03 Darks

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 16:18:
Single player emphasis, then coop, no DRM. Unknown if it will be on Steam, but CT said he'd put the game whereever people wanted it.

He's doing all the right things, but
1) the artstyle is very TL2 and
2) The gameplay also looks like TL2 with some RTS elements
3) I just don't know if I'm all that enamored with the whole prehistoric setting.

Sup Com 3, please? With customizable units and weapons? DON'T MAKE ME BEG!!!

Unfortunately, you may have to beg for SC3, I think the only way this will happen is if Square Enix has them develop it since he sold off the IP. SupCom 2 isnít bad, it has good and bad, but I love the large maps and the really large scale battles this game gives you. Unfortunately SupCom 1 has a bad pathing engine that makes that game un-playable after about two hours in.

Iím hoping he gets to do Sup Com again, if this game doesnít generate some cash flow for them. It could be the end of GPG. And that would be bad. Heís one of the few dedicated game developers that wants to make really good pc games but money is always an issue.

Yes, he has had some bad press on a few of his games, but believe me that is not all his doing. I know some people are bagging on them about Age of Empires Online. But he did not develop this game. They took it over and finished it.

DemiGod that was a good game for the type of game it was. More like a trimmed down version of LOL.
Space siege, blame Sega for that one, they said hereís some money; you got one year to complete it. Disgusting what Publishers do to Devs and how they get treated.

Iím going to support them, I donated to their cause. I donít want to see them go under. He does want to finish Kings and Castles, but it would cost around 5 Mill to complete that project. Money GPG does not have.

Why do I know so much, itís because Chris is a good friend of mine. so yes I will support them as much as possible.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines
7. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:39 Darks

Verno wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 15:19:
wtf_man wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 15:10:
I will wait for reviews, but I don't have real high hopes for this one.

Who knows, maybe it will be a pleasant surprise and not suffer from mass console-itis.

Yeah I'm with you, waiting for many many user reviews. Now if this was another Predator centric game then I'd be all in

Every game that comes out does not have to be with a Predator too. The Colonial Marines story continuing after the second movie is good. Hopefully will fill in some gaps too. Just because we have an Aliens game, does not automatically make this a Predator title too. Iím glad theyíre not in the game this time.

News Comments > Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman
25. Re: Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman Jan 14, 2013, 19:05 Darks

2nd_floor wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 18:11:
What happened to Kings and Castles, and crazy chickens that were supposed to be in it? (a fan asked for chickens that do something at one point, to be in the game, and CT said yes they woul beincluded).

Seriously, why is this game ,( kings and castles) still on hold indef.?

Itís still there; they just need to get some money going to support the game. If you think itís easy getting anyone to buy off on supporting a game anymore think again. Itís not. Publishers are not putting out the money. They are using in-house now and supporting from within. Smaller developers like GPG has to do whatever they can just to keep afloat.

Personally I will support them; it looks like it could be a fun smashed the hell out of everything type game.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs
12. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs Jan 14, 2013, 12:26 Darks

Techie714 © wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 12:10:
wtf_man wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 09:26:
No DX11 pretty much makes this "wait for bargain bin"... even if it is good.

Not that I'm a graphics whore, but DX11 has been out too long to ignore it... which makes this most likely a crappy console port, hence bargain bin only.

Totally agree!

Okay, letís totally agree to disagree! You guys kill me sometimes with the way some of you think. Why donít we break out the tissue while we are at it.

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta This Month
19. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta This Month Jan 10, 2013, 14:31 Darks

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 13:20:
Played the beta off and on over the last year. The game has really improved a lot over that time. The skill tree used to be a crazy mess, but now they've really made it much more interesting and balanced, but still allowing for all sorts of builds. Love the skill tree tool they have on their website for planning your build too!

There are a ton of skills and skill supports now, and they can completely change how you play. Everyone should be able to create a character that works for them and the style of play they like. I'll definitely be playing again when OB starts.

Iíve been on the beta since it started; Iíve also played it off and on. The one thing that bothers me about this game is the stupid Star map skill tree. I really think this could have been done much better. I donít need a road map to where Iím going to pick a skill, or an attribute. Just let me assign the thing, I donít need a graphical overlay showing how itís being done.

Other than that, the games not overall bad, but itís not overly great either. Comparing this to D3 would not be a fair assessment. D3 has its own perks and downfalls as does this game. This game feels much more like a D2 follow up and a good one at that.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer
6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 10:04 Darks

Verno wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 09:56:
I love the Alien universe but everything about this seems bland and unforgettable

Seriously Verno? You being a fan and youíre not at all excited about this game? Come on man!! Iím disappointed in you. You have to be off your rocker to not like what we have been seeing so far. Personally, as long as the story is pretty good and the Coop is even better, I will be sold.

We already pre bought this game from Greenman gaming a while back when they had the 30 percent off. Picked this game up for 29.99 thatís a deal.

1761 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo