Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 1655 (Pro)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P
16. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P Nov 16, 2012, 12:24 Darks

Jeklor wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 12:18:
Hey at least they put the option to match armor colors back in. That they removed from the beta. That you now have to pay for. See what they did there? (cough)

You're done, Bioware.

Actually that options been back in the game for several months now.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Ops II's $500MM Launch
14. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 12:21 Darks

SirKnight wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 11:04:
While it's mainly the same as far as game-play (no surprise) there are a few nice differences and I've gotta say it's been a very fun experience so far. I've played mainly MP but the other modes (SP and zombie) is pretty good so far too.

Haters gonna hate but I'm having a good time with it so I don't care. It does look a little nicer since the PC version uses DX11, but unfortunately it's not as nice looking at it could be. But that again is no surprise at all. BF3 looks, and sounds, a ton better but I just can't get all that into it for some reason.

So it's TF2 and BO2 for me.

There are times when I really like the game, but there are time when I really hate what they are doing to the story.

The flash backs are driving me crazy. I really thought this game was going to be more concentrated on the future story and what going on.

Woods is pissing me off.

The other aspect is Trearch still doesnít get it on the zombie thing, getting two shotted by a zombie is utter crap, and the aiming to hit their heads is shit. You sometimes spend a full clip just trying to kill the damn things.

Thereís no sense in that kind of crap, especially when you have waves coming in and it gets progressively harder as you go.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P
12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P Nov 16, 2012, 11:37 Darks

Kajetan wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 10:46:
Considering all these restriction ... this is NOT F2P. This is Force 2 Pay 2 Play.

I canít agree more. Got on last night and was thoroughly disgusted with what I was seeing and the lack of.

First off, I paid for this game and played it for several months. As did many others. Get on and was limited to two player slots. That is utter bullshit. Those of us that bought this game should not be restricted to our chars. Needless to say, I will not spend another min wasting my time on this shit. And this was only the icing on the cake too, there were so many other restrictions that it made me sick to no end. For instance, if you die now, you have to buy healing drones to re-spawn in the zone, if you donít have one, you are forced to re-spawn back at the nearest med droid. Another fricking fail.

I get that they need to make money on the game, but the limitations imposed are too severe to keep me playing or trying to force me to buy anything in this game. Oh, and if youíre not a subscriber, your xp is also limited. Forcing players to again buy XP packs. Disgusting!!! Thank god Neverwinter will be out soon.

News Comments > Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today
6. Re: Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 22:46 Darks

Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 16:24:
You can't build FOBS after game start. The trick is to move decisively before you run out of ammo.

I usually place two FOBS.

I usually have two pairs of Chinooks that I use to rearm units in the field. Most of the micromanaging I do in the game is moving the chinooks back and forth making sure they are always just behind enemy lines. I never use trucks for rearming. Rearming with air units is so much easier, and faster.

Try playing the SP campaign or skirmish against the AI to speed up your leveling.

See, this is the problem I have with this game. Why can we even buy the damn things if you canít even build more or move the FOB forward? Itís stupid and lame at the same time. And the Trucks are worthless. The supplies run out entirely way to fast. If our military supply trucks ran out as fast as this shit does, we would have a serious problem with fighting wars. This game is not realistic in that regard. itís the lame ass developers making them run out fast to stall the pace of the game. Stupid!!

News Comments > Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today
3. Re: Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 13:38 Darks

McSterls wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 12:47:
Love this game, got distracted by some newer releases but I really have to go back. Who gives away DLC these days. Focus is the best!

McSterls,

Question, I like the game but I have some issues with this game. Especially playing MP with a friend against the AI.

The FOBs, you can buy more of them but how do you get them located to a new area after you capture an area? The issues I have is how badly units run out of supplies and the trucks needing to go back refill. Run all the way back up the area where ur units are. Itís a real pain in the ass. So how do you build more FOBS to lessen this?

Also, it seems like I canít even get leveled up. I hate using such crappy ass nato units that are about as worthless as ever. But getting leveled up is confusing to open new units.

Thanks,

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $3.5M
11. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 21:34 Darks

Bumpy wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:14:
Wow, this looks darn impressive. Please tell me its being strictly designed for PC only, with no multi-platform at all in their heads.

Strictly PC, he even said so in his video blog.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
57. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 15:25 Darks

SirKnight wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 15:19:
Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 15:00:
deqer wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 14:50:
Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 13:33:
The previous COD took place in the past and in Afghanistan and a completely different war. This game takes place in the future and in LA with our own weapons being used against us.
So? That's what mods are for. We could've done that ourselves had the companies not been selfish enough to not give us mod and mapping tools. We dont need companies to take all these little differences and sell them off as separate games. Really...

What does mods have to do with this game? Itís not even in the topic of discussion here.

As for it having the same name COD, that means nothing, itís just the front name being used. The real name of this series is Black OPs. Again, both titles are completely different haven have two complete different stories. Donít get confused over the name.

You're making no sense at all. It's the SAME GAME but different stories. The gameplay, both SP and MP is exactly the same, it looks the same, etc. Other than the story, there's no difference. How you can say the COD part of the name means nothing is beyond me. The COD part of the name defines what the game ultimately is. It just yet ANOTHER Call of Duty. I think you're the only one here getting confused over the name.

Okay, I see. So I guess youíre one of those guys who thinks every James Bond movie is the same to because it has the name James Bond in every movie title, yep that makes sense to me. Insert "Sarcasm" right?

I think itís you that is confused!

54. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 15:14 Darks

deqer wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 15:04:
Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 15:00:
The previous COD took place in the past and in Afghanistan and a completely different war. This game takes place in the future and in LA with our own weapons being used against us.
So? That's what mods are for. We could've done that ourselves had the companies not been selfish enough to not give us mod and mapping tools. We dont need companies to take all these little differences and sell them off as separate games. Really...

What does mods have to do with this game? Itís not even in the topic of discussion here.

As for it having the same name COD, that means nothing, itís just the front name being used. The real name of this series is Black OPs. Again, both titles are completely different haven have two complete different stories. Donít get confused over the name.

What I'm saying here is that a TC mod can do the same thing: change story, art, etc. We don't need this stuff to be sold off as a separate game to us.

Have you ever made a mod? I have, Iíve made several for Neverwinter nights, Rune and a bunch more. And this is something that is not easy to do without having a team of people who are committed to sparing their free time to make a mod in the scale that this game is in.

A mod to do whatís in this game would take several years to do. Just ask the Black Mesa guys how much time they put in to redoing Half Life. I have no problem with spending money on this game as long as itís good. Plus I personally love the Zombie mods, and now they have taken it to another level with the mini campaign as it is.

I would like to see them make a full on campaign starting back in WW II and having it so the Germans were responsible for the creation of Zombies and their experimentations and how the project gets out of control and bringing zombies to where they are now. Would be a great story if done right. This too could have been a mod, but I havenít seen anyone willing to raise the flag and take this on.

What youíre asking for and saying is a very high expectation, and one that wonít come to life.

48. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 15:00 Darks

39. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 13:33 Darks

MajorD wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 13:27:
Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 13:09:
Why do something different if each iteration continues to sell millions of copies? People love these games, and if you don't, it's tough sh1t for you. Go complain about WoW clones or something.

I guess there are A LOT of people that just like to keep shelling out money for the same ol' recycled CoD games that have nothing really new and/or creative when it comes right down to it. My Nephew told me the setting of BO2 is in the future, but to me that is kind of like spraying perfume on a turd to mask the smell, even though its obvious it is still a turd.

Okay, first off I donít see any relevance to your answer here. The previous COD took place in the past and in Afghanistan and a completely different war. This game takes place in the future and in LA with our own weapons being used against us.

So how does this game in any way translate to being rehashed? Iím confused about your comments!! And letís set the record straight, this is Black Ops, not Call of Duty. Two complete different games.

32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 13:01 Darks

Verno wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 12:53:
Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 12:40:
What it means is that some people around here need to stop all the complaining. The universe does not revolve around specific people here. I get it that some might not like the game or want to play it, Thatís fine, but they also need to understand that there are those of us who do like the series and want to play it. Just be glad that PC games are still being made. I know I am.

And if the shoe fits were it that is who this is directed at.

I don't know, seemed like a big out of place rant directed at no one to me. Besides it's the internet, people complain. It's not like there isn't a good precedent for PC COD complaints

Why don't they sell the PC version for $50 like they used to? Especially for a downloadable copy. It used to be only console games that sold for $60 new

I can't remember where I read it but someone told me the TCO for this game and all content was like $240+. Absurd even if you're a fan!

Okay, letís not confuse the topic anymore then it is already. First off, anyone who buys special edition copies deserves what they get ripped off.

Secondly, letís all pile on Blizzard and Vivendi for the price gouging, they started this crap with charging us an extra 10 dollars for a game. And personally it pisses me off when I buy a digital copy of a game and still get charged 60 bucks. Understandable if you buy a box copy, yes that will cost more. But digital copies donít cost them a damn thing but a little bandwidth to publish.

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 12:40 Darks

Verno wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 12:35:
Darks wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 12:20:
You all are some of the biggest hypocrites I have even seen, first off Activision is at least still using Steam. Thatís a big plus over EA and their shitty Origin. But you all, seem like no matter what you guys are never happy. At least itís on Steam, and secondly the new Zombie mini campaign is like getting two games in one. Or should I say you are getting three games in one. The regular game, MP and Coop Zombie mode.

I donít see how this is game is shit in any way when youíre getting that much. At least youíre getting a game on Steam and itís a pc game.

If you dont like it than fine dont buy it, but give it a rest already.

What does this even mean and who specifically are you referring to?

What it means is that some people around here need to stop all the complaining. The universe does not revolve around specific people here. I get it that some might not like the game or want to play it, Thatís fine, but they also need to understand that there are those of us who do like the series and want to play it. Just be glad that PC games are still being made. I know I am.

And if the shoe fits were it that is who this is directed at.

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 12:20 Darks

You all are some of the biggest hypocrites I have even seen, first off Activision is at least still using Steam. Thatís a big plus over EA and their shitty Origin. But you all, seem like no matter what you guys are never happy. At least itís on Steam, and secondly the new Zombie mini campaign is like getting two games in one. Or should I say you are getting three games in one. The regular game, MP and Coop Zombie mode.

I donít see how this is game is shit in any way when youíre getting that much. At least youíre getting a game on Steam and itís a pc game.

If you dont like it than fine dont buy it, but give it a rest already.

News Comments > Additional Borderlands 2 Classes Confirmed
7. Re: Additional Borderlands 2 Classes Confirmed Nov 11, 2012, 18:57 Darks

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 18:47:
Still on the fence about buying this. Is it still active within the blues community? Should I just buy Torchlight 2 instead to be less bored in general?

You should buy both, cant go wrong with either one.

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
9. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 11:53 Darks

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 11:23:
Darks wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 11:09:
Banning people or using a camera mod is such bullshit.
Don't really know anything about the camera hacks, but if as the tidbit says it allowed the killing of mobs outside the "range at which AI is triggered." Then I'd say it should be a ban-able offense.

Well, this happens all the time, there are certain chasms and reaches in the game that allow the DH and Wiz to blast elites from distance. So itís really no big deal. The other part of this is, if it wasnít for the fricking RMAH this would not be an issue. God forbid that anyone take advantage of the game other than Blizzard.

News Comments > MoH SEAL Consultants Reprimanded
2. Re: MoH SEAL Consultants Reprimanded Nov 9, 2012, 11:14 Darks

Does anyone think for a second that EA feels any remorse for these guys that they coerced into being a part of their game and giving away vital information? Does anyone think for a second that EA will reimburse these guys for their helping them with this game? Answer = NO!!! They donít give a ratís ass about them.  

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
2. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 11:09 Darks

BobBob wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 11:04:
Ban Jay Wilson.

Agreed, hes the biggest cheat of them all.

Banning people or using a camera mod is such bullshit. Blizzard is going down the tubes very quickly. I love how they ban people for using that mod but its ok for people to mod the UI to hell and back in WOW. Bunch of fricking hypocrites!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 13:48 Darks

LgFriess wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 13:26:
So ya, the officiating in the Giants/Steelers game. Normally you expect a few bad calls going both ways, but that was something I've never witnessed in all my years watching the NFL. Ugly.

Agreed, it was pretty bad. Glad the Steelers pulled it out in the end. Classic Steelers to not allow the refs to dictate the game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2012, 11:48 Darks

Indy, Ratbirds, Denver, NYG, Miami, Vikings, Cheatriots, New Orlenes, Tampa, Seattle, Cow Girls, 49ers, Chicago, Steelers

Its all good blues,

News Comments > No PC Halo 4 Because It's "Designed Specifically for Xbox 360"
3. Re: No PC Halo 4 Because It's Nov 6, 2012, 21:20 Darks

Bhruic wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 21:16:
"But never doubt our commitment to the PC platform for gaming! Guys? Guys???"

And this is why Microsoft I am not committed to buying or supporting your crappy Console. This is a pathetic excuse, Designed specifically for the Xbox my ass, theres no real difference. Its just laziness on their part to not want to do the port.

1655 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo