Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 1778 (Pro)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Aug 29, 2013, 08:48 Darks

Creston wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 01:35:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 00:19:
Lol, how the hell do you figure that? Anyone born in the mid- to late-'80s grew up watching the cartoon and trilogy of films at the height of TMNT popularity.

So like I said: All its fans are now either retired or dead. People who grew up in the 80s are fucking old, man!

You should try getting out every once in a while. The show is still running and has had many new episodes and movies through the past several years and has a strong following.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2013, 11:26 Darks

Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 11:21:
I've seen him do bit parts in various things over the years and while he's certainly the part physically I don't think he has the acting chops to pull off a decent Batman. It's a demanding role that's harder to cast than people realize. He needs to headline a few smaller studio films, a bad go in a big franchise like Batman can be a potential career killer.

While what you are saying is true, Henry Cavill is pretty much an unknown actor too. This is how people get the big parts and end up being big actors. There have been many movies over the years that have used this same philosophy when filling out parts. I think the guy could pull it off.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2013, 11:15 Darks

InBlack wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:46:
Darks wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:15:
DC has lost their minds; there was really only one good choice for the new Batman. Scott Adkins. The guy is a martial arts extremist. Batman is all about martial arts. Sorry, but Affleck is not Batman. He could never portray what Adkins could do on the screen as Batman, and Adkins does all of his own stunts.

This is the guy who was in the first Wolverine movie Fighting wolverine and saber tooth on top of the cooling tower.

Heís also done a lot of other movies including Expendables 2 as JCVD right hand man.

There was a movement to get Warner to try him out. Apparently they are all idiots to overlook this guy, because all they did was go for the big named actor over the right choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzwJIFCNdGU

I watched Expendables 2 (oh the horror) and I didnt even notice this guys existence in the movie. So why would someone entirely forgettable be a good choice to act in a very demanding and interesting role?

First off Black, his part in that movie was not very big. Try watching some of his other movies like the Undisputed 2 and 3. You will then see the guyís real potential. Youíre basing your opinion off one movie. Give me a break!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2013, 10:15 Darks

DC has lost their minds; there was really only one good choice for the new Batman. Scott Adkins. The guy is a martial arts extremist. Batman is all about martial arts. Sorry, but Affleck is not Batman. He could never portray what Adkins could do on the screen as Batman, and Adkins does all of his own stunts.

This is the guy who was in the first Wolverine movie Fighting wolverine and saber tooth on top of the cooling tower.

Heís also done a lot of other movies including Expendables 2 as JCVD right hand man.

There was a movement to get Warner to try him out. Apparently they are all idiots to overlook this guy, because all they did was go for the big named actor over the right choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzwJIFCNdGU

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Aug 20, 2013, 20:49 Darks

I don't know dude, I'm kind of enjoying the game. It has some issues I don't care for when ordering your men around. but the combats been okay so far. Not a great game, but interesting.  

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
55. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 13:29 Darks

walrus1 wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 13:13:
Axis wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 12:24:
Having just bought the Origin Bundle, I can officially say Origin is complete and utter shit.

I had a very similar experience. I'm having a hell of a time downloading all the Origin games. Updating the client helped but still having issues. Haven't made it to BF3 yet......

Iím not a fan of EA or Origin, I bought the Pack this past week for 1 dollars. It was pretty hard to pass up the deal for DS3. I wanted to play it Coop so it was worth it to give it a try. I was able to install three of those games without any issues at all. And we played it Coop, which was a lot of fun. Iím in no way defending Origin, but I did not have any of your issues. And neither did my friend.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Coming to Windows
2. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Coming to Windows Aug 20, 2013, 09:47 Darks

I think this was their plan all along, they just wanted to hear us beg.

At least its coming to the PC. The game looks killer.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk
21. Re: tangobaker@triad.rr.com Aug 16, 2013, 10:43 Darks

Deepjay wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 10:03:
The slow moving isnt such an issue at all IMO - not when you can click one unit, send him on his way, click the next to move behind him as the first is moving etc. They lumber just about like i would expect. It's totally a non-issue. If they moved any faster, I wouldnt expect them to be Terminators. They're big, slow-moving, badasses.

And the comments as to them being weak? Pfft - learn to play.

Genestealers are supposed to be bloody deadly in close combat, with claws that can shear through even terminator armour. The point is, you need to minimise the close quarters combat - and in a contained space like within a space hulk - there's your gameplay. Yes genestealers have numbers, but if they were anything but effective against terminators, where's the freakin challenge in that? The original game was designed as Terminator's vs Genestealers for a reason - Genestealers ARE deadly.

And secondly, these Terminators are freakin badass - it comes down to how you play them. If you aren't giving them proper space, or are positioning them badly, you're sucking, plain and simple. There's bad dice rolls yes, but you can drastically reduce those random painfully low rolls by good positioning or awareness.

The sargents in melee when under guard absolutely own. And having Terminators in overwatch down firing lanes when you have spare command points between goes (so their bolters unjam) means you'll quickly have a big pile of genestealers in the corridor before you.

My guys actually feel meaty. I set up proper firing lanes and cover, so that if someone does fall, there's someone else to cover - and i have my melee guys waiting behind closed doors and under guard. It never gets old watching old Mr Sgt with stormshield + thunderhammer absolutely drill genestealers. And old man lightning claws...

I wont even mention the supreme badassness of the LIbrarian when you get him around mission 5.

This game is exactly what i was hoping it would be. It's the old space hulk remade, and the dev team has done a bloody good job in my opinion.

Dude, Im going to counter you wiht you own comments.

"Genestealers are supposed to be bloody deadly in close combat, with claws that can shear through even terminator armour. The point is, you need to minimise the close quarters combat"

Okay genius, how do you do that when you Terminators is constantly missing their target and the Gene Stealer is then up in your face ripping you apart? This is what happens when you are dealing with loaded dice!!!

"They're big, slow-moving, badassesĒ

Yea, That constantly miss their targets. You say, Learn to play the game huh? Funny how when someone has anything bad to say about a game the first garbage that spills out of their mouths is learn to play the game better. Okay whatever dude!!

As or you comments on bad positioning, letís put it this way, I placed them back to back in a long corridor, in over watch mode. Again, three shots fired, and three misses. Gene stealer in your face. Terminators Terminated!! That is BS! You have these small confined corridors. There is no way, a Terminators is going to miss his target three times in a row and such a short distance when the Gene Stealers really has no maneuvering room. The Terminators should be mowing down the corridors but thatís not happening.

I should never have to go into Overwatch just to get a kill. Totally lame! This game could have been much better and the experience even better. The Devs should have allowed the player to go into a First person mode to take control of the firing. They is what could have given the player a really feel of terror when missing their targets and seeing the Gene Stealers up close as their getting ready for the kill. One on one combat, the Terminators wins; it should take several Gene Stealers moving in for a kill to take these Iíll use your words, Badasses out!

But, it fails in so many ways, you donít get that feel.

The game is poorly implanted, and tries to mimic the board game far too much. They needed to give the player a bit more liberty and make the game feel more accurate.

The game comes up short, btw, try completing mission 6. See how far you get through that one. Because you canít, itís currently bugged, and un-finishable!

18. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk Aug 16, 2013, 09:22 Darks

InBlack wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 08:22:
MoonSpook wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 08:09:
Sadly, it doesn't look so good, at least according to RPS:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/16/wot-i-think-space-hulk/

Ouch, thats a damn scathing review. All or at least most of the issues mentioned can be patched out though....

That review pretty well summed up the game to me too.

The slow movement really kills this game for me, Terminators are not supposed to lumber around moving that slowly. They damn well move faster than that.

Secondly, the terrible camera they implemented, they just had to go with the XComs 45 degree turns at a time camera. That just kills me when they should have implemented a full free moving camera.

Thirdly, is the weakness the Terminators seem to display with their armor being so weak. A Terminator should never go down in one hit.

InBlack, I totally agree, Gene Stealers are supposed to be terrifying, but not one on one. They usually gang up on you. A Terminator should take down several before being overwhelmed. So far, from what Iíve seen thatís not been the case.

Lastly, lack of being able to change any of the key mappings. Even Auto Hot Key does not work in this game. That tells me this game has poorly written code.

There are other annoyances, but I wonít list them since they are trivial. But to me, this game could have so much better.

9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk Aug 16, 2013, 01:06 Darks

I personally think the Terminators are a bunch of weak assed push overs. Why even have all of that heavy armor on if you cant even take one hit from the Gene-Stealers? Kind of lame. might as well not even have all that armor on if all you do is Claude around in heavy armor moving slow and missing most of your shots.  

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk Aug 16, 2013, 00:02 Darks

Oh no, there's a game breaking bug alright, how about the lack of any keyboard remapping? To me, that is just plain Developer laziness at its best. Way to go devs!!  

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Aug 15, 2013, 10:22 Darks

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 08:40:
MoonSpook wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 04:29:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 04:22:
Anyone list games by keys? Which gives you Steam and which are Origin? Thanks.

It tells you right there on the page - look at the symbols beneath each game.

Thanks, old version of IE didn't show in the squad, does at home.

Great deal!

All of the games except Dead Space 3 are Steam, in fact you get both sets of keys when you buy this deal.

News Comments > StarCraft Universe Kickstarter
6. Re: StarCraft Universe Kickstarter Aug 14, 2013, 10:16 Darks

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 07:02:
"Full" support, eh? Then why doesn't Actiblizz take some of their WoW billions from their treasure chest and truly show some "full support" for these guys?
Definitely not even beginning to consider spending a single cent on this crap.

There's also the issue that these guys are making it sound like "meh going back to work sucked so please throw some money our way so we can quit our jobs and go back to being lazy game modders". And the line about motivation through money sounds cheesy as hell, too. You either do this because you have the passion and dedication required or you don't.

That was my thoughts too, how can blizz allow this and not support it so they can be in control of it. Doesnít make any sense to me.

eitherway, I wont be supporting it, too much of a risk.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 12, 2013, 13:56 Darks

jdreyer wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 12:36:
Have any of these iPhone issues happened in the US or Europe?

Not that I have ever heard about or read. Funny, how these things only seem to be happening in China isnít it?

Land or the counterfeiters and fake cheaply made products.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
38. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 9, 2013, 10:08 Darks

InBlack,

I canít give you an answer dude, because there is no way to control those sites when big publishers strong arm these sites with blackout threats and support. As I said, I read reviews from sites, but I do not base my decision on buying a game from these sites. I first listen to what many of you are saying in here and my own personal preferences on likes and dislikes on games.

So, if you are looking for an answer on how to stop these guys. youíre not going to find it. Because the reality of it, there is too much money changing hands to control or stop it.

My personal dislike is Metacritic, mainly because I have seen where people play the follow the crowd and beat up on a game. Rating games with a 1 star when a game is actually much better than that. There are some shitty games out there that do rate that. But Iíve seen some that were rated poorly that are not even close to that.

35. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2013, 19:05 Darks

InBlack wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 10:28:
Darks wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 10:21:
InBlack wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 10:01:
Two can play this game:

Why do some most professional game reviewers post bullshit positive reviews?

The problem is the rating system is utter crap all the way around. Users should NOT be able to write a review either positive or negative unless they actually own the title they are complaining about. Places like steam have shown how people come in the forums and complain about games they donít even own.

Metaritic is the absolute worst site when it comes to people just ranting about how they hate something when in reality its just someone over reacting and going along with the crowd when it comes to bashing a game and not an actual review about the game.

I like how Newegg has their rating system, you have to be logged in and it will show that you actually own the product you are reviewing/rating.

Ok, let me ask you this then. What's worse? A few jerkwads posting crap from their mom's basement, or most professional reviewers skewing their ratings and scoring a game much better than it deserves on popular and frequented websites?

Sorry, been a really busy day, All I can say dude, is that when it comes to Metacritic, I don't even pay attention to it. Those reviews are very skewed and biased. Its all based on users and when I see comments from people about what metacritic says and that's how they base their buying decisions on. I just shake my head and wonder where peoples heads really are at times.

Not really a review, but a personal experience. long ago when Dune came out. It was one of the first games to set off the RTS standard. Well, I was at the store asked the clerk there about the game. And his impression was the game sucked. Needless to say, this was a very kick ass game in its day. So what did this guy who supposedly knows games really know? Nothing!!

I read reviews, but I'm very Leary about what they say and how I go about buying games. as should all when reading reviews.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2013, 10:21 Darks

InBlack wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 10:01:
Two can play this game:

Why do some most professional game reviewers post bullshit positive reviews?

The problem is the rating system is utter crap all the way around. Users should NOT be able to write a review either positive or negative unless they actually own the title they are complaining about. Places like steam have shown how people come in the forums and complain about games they donít even own.

Metaritic is the absolute worst site when it comes to people just ranting about how they hate something when in reality its just someone over reacting and going along with the crowd when it comes to bashing a game and not an actual review about the game.

I like how Newegg has their rating system, you have to be logged in and it will show that you actually own the product you are reviewing/rating.

News Comments > Titan "Unlikely" to be Subscription-Based
5. Re: Titan Aug 2, 2013, 15:29 Darks

This has Diablos RMAH written all over it. Forget about any challenge to FINDING or EARNING things for yourself.

Let milk the community for every Penney they can get.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Delayed
7. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Delayed Aug 2, 2013, 11:48 Darks

Anonymous wrote on Aug 2, 2013, 02:43:
I'm disappointed that Raven isn't developing it. Their violence is always so satisfying, even in a Star Wars game.

Raven has become an afterthought for games anymore. Itís a shame too because they did make some really great games in their day.

As for this getting delayed, my thoughts are developers at some point are going to have to make a decision on what platform m to develop a game on and drop the old consoles at some point. As we are seeing, all this is going to do is drive up the cost of games and future delays the release.

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Demo
18. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Demo Aug 1, 2013, 09:10 Darks

bigspender wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 05:20:
Darks wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 01:12:
Rattlehead wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 00:47:
I was pleasantly surprised. I am a huge Castlevania fan and never bothered with any of the 3D ones because they are generally shit but this was well done.

Still waiting for a proper 2D sequel to Dawn of Sorrow.

you've got to be referring to the graphics, because the controls for this game are utter shit. This game didn't last but 5 mins on my pc until I removed it.

This game screams console port, and demands a controller to even play it.

A shame too, Patrick Stewarts narrating was kewl. but game play wise what a piece of shit.
its a beat em up - your ass must be crazy if you aren't using a controller

Sorry bro, but I did not buy a pc to play games with a controller. I personally despise developers porting out games that require controller to even play their games.

I can usually play a game if itís got good controls, but the controls in this game and terrible. You canít strafe at the same time as walking forward. You canít do both at the same time on one. And the camera is annoying as hell too.

1778 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo