Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 2196 (Senior)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
5. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Mar 20, 2015, 11:13 Darks

I watched this live yesterday, so I sent Blues the info on it. I have to say I'm really excited about this game. The party banter is very well done. so are the voice over's. I love these types of game that are like NWN. Plus the tool set is what we are really wanting more info on to see what all you get and how much you can do with the tools.

Since we made the Eye of the Beholder series for NWN we are looking to make a new campaign. we have something in mind already, but not saying yet until we see more. The devs did say you can make your own campaigns that can be a hundred hours plus with their tools. So that is promising.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Vulkan's Wrath Released
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Vulkan's Wrath Released Mar 19, 2015, 13:21 Darks

JaguarUSF wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 11:31:
It's basically Panzer Corps. Here's my video review.

OK, I'm sorry, I got this one and that other top down turned based one mixed up. this one has only been out for a short time.

3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Vulkan's Wrath Released Mar 19, 2015, 10:48 Darks

Stormsinger wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 10:38:
Wait...Warhammer 40,000 is turn-based? I thought that was the team-based shooter, primarily looking like a WH40k capture the flag.

I might have to look into this then.

Dude, this series of games has been out for about two years now. there was even Coop play in some of the earlier releases but they stopped making Coop for some odd reason.

1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Vulkan's Wrath Released Mar 19, 2015, 10:21 Darks

These are some kewl games, but after a while it starts to get really repetitive and feels like the same things going on over and over.  

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
36. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 15:10 Darks

Gamers who buy games and feel that the game does not deliver what they were paying for or have issues with the game should be allowed refunds. But there will always be that asshat who will beat the game in a day or two then want the refund.

Maybe Valve should implement a stipulation on seeing how many achievements this person achieved and how much time they spent in that game. Those should be disqualification factors.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
54. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 21:28 Darks

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 20:21:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 19:12:
Thanks for the info on that inventory mod. I have the following mods installed via MINION.

HarvestMap
Inventory Grid View
Inventory Item Borders
LoreBooks (I read EVERYTHING)
Mundusmap
SkyShards
Slightly Improved Experience Bar
SoftCapInfo
TreasureMaps
Wykkyd's Full Immersion

All found from that previous mod link, install Minion software and it will install them for you. Then you can check and uncheck the mods in the menu in the game before you load. If they are in RED on the menu in game, they are out of date and may not work.

OOh, harvest map, need to check that out.

Be careful of the harvest map. I know earlier version wold start causing a lot of screen lag because of all the location data. Not sure if thats fixed now.

51. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 19:59 Darks

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 19:12:
Thanks for the info on that inventory mod. I have the following mods installed via MINION.

HarvestMap
Inventory Grid View
Inventory Item Borders
LoreBooks (I read EVERYTHING)
Mundusmap
SkyShards
Slightly Improved Experience Bar
SoftCapInfo
TreasureMaps
Wykkyd's Full Immersion

All found from that previous mod link, install Minion software and it will install them for you. Then you can check and uncheck the mods in the menu in the game before you load. If they are in RED on the menu in game, they are out of date and may not work.

No problem, and as for those out of date ones., just uncheck and allow out of date mods t o load. mine work fine.

47. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 18:17 Darks

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 17:31:
Darks wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 16:25:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 16:03:

That explained it very well. Did you find the veteran/faction areas boring to play through? as in, it's a tedious grind fest of sit down, regen health/mana and then kill pack of monsters and repeat. I only played the beta of this game off the start for not even a week. I found it very similar to (insert 99% of major MMOs here).

Pretty much, I don't like leveling. I find it a chore to get to what I actually enjoy which is loot progression and raids. Some of the most fun I had in a video game was Naxramas pre-first expansion WoW since it was crazy hard. If you don't think it was, you never played it.

No, Im not constantly having to sit and heal. My Nightblade the way she is setup just annihilates stuff. I can usually take on three at a time maybe 4. but it gets a bit touchy after that. and boss fights can be a bit touch. but the way my Nightblade Siphons off health from creatures I usually don't spend a lot of time healing or pooping potions. Health regens pretty fast ehn out of combat so thats nit a big issue.

42. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 16:25 Darks

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 16:03:

I had one answer about Elder scrolls online end game content, it didn't make much sense but can someone elaborate more?

The best way I can describe the end game is that as you play whichever Race/Faction you have a complete story that you are working. the game is fully voiced-over with some mainstream actors.

After you beat the story line that takes you through around 7 or 8 areas. cant recall right now. you are presented with a quest to talk to Cadwell voiced by John Cleese.

You are told that you can experience one of the other factions if you want to but no one will recall your deeds from the first area you beat. What this does is then starts you off in the next faction starting area. You are now progressing from level 50 which is the max level in the regular game to Veteran levels. 1 through 14

Each of the Veterans levels require 1 Million XP to level. Completing one faction zone in the game will level you to the next Veteran level. They balanced out the game so that right at or before you hit the next zone you will make a veteran level.

Anyway, after you have progressed through each of the factions. you can go to Craglron. its a high level Veteran area. This is where you will be spending a lot of time.

This is where all of the high level Raids are taking place. More are being added. And I do believe they are adding more areas to the game at some later date.

If you really want to learn more about his area I would suggest you check out YouTube and watch some of the raid videos there.

Sorry if this is not what you are looking for. But going though each of those faction areas will keep you busy for a long time. the game itself is very larger.

Hope this helps.

38. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 15:54 Darks

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 15:46:
It was free as of yesterday evening. I patched up last week in prep so I had only a small patch to DL.

Game is still one of the best looking MMOs out there right now. Forgot how awesome it looks. Also forgot how to play it, so I spent quite a bit of time figuring that out and re-assigning my skill points.

I like this model, personally. I play GW2, Rift, and now ESO whenever the mood hits me. I still play WoW once in a while, but resubbing every time makes me feel like i have to play it to get my money's worth. I own Tera as well, but I haven't tried that since it went FTP. Waiting for NCSoft to figure out what they should have known and make Wildstar FTP as well.

Agent.X7 go to this site for mods. especially this mod that changes your inventory to a box hex grid style. just awesome. plus there's a bunch of other mods I use like the mini map and Shards location mod.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info65-InventoryGridView.html

And yes, I agree this is still the best looking MMO out.

36. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Mar 17, 2015, 15:45 Darks

Tumbler wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 15:30:
Trevellian wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 14:27:

It's definitely not the best choice. Period. SWTOR is sadly monetized, I tried to go back once it was F2P and get back into the game, nope, impossible. Pay for features that should be in the game by default is a sad joke. Pay to hide your helm? Are you fucking kidding me? Half of my money, money I earned, was in fucking Escrow, and if wanted access to the money in Escrow I would have to pay real money to get it back.

SWTOR can go fuck itself.

That's a really odd thing to be upset about because games charging for cosmetic things has been something gamers say they want. Only charge for cosmetic things and it's fine, charge for gear and what not, then it's pay to win and terrible.

And the money earned in escrow a pretty clever idea. World of Tanks does something like this, you earn more income if you pay for a day of premium, (or a month, a year, etc) but they don't set it aside until later, if you're not premium you just don't earn it.

Tumbler, Sorry dude. but Having to pay to get your money out of escrow is a horrible idea and nothing clever about it except for the fact that they are trying to take more money away from the users.

There is really no other way to state that. Other aspects in the game like if you want to use a purple items that are considered Artifact level. You even have to pay to unlock that. EA turned the game upside down with that type of crap.

Thats the flavor of the day with EA, you want to unlock it subscribe today or pay Cartel coins to unlock it. Want it unlocked, pay this amount for this character or pay this amount for account wide unlocking. Pay, pay, pay...

And its endless with all the unlocks you have to do to get access to your items.

And this is not the only EA game that's like this. look at their games for mobile devices. Sim City, Dungeon Keeper. they are monetized to hell and back too.

34. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 15:35 Darks

Drayth wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 14:26:

ESO is def the better MMO between the two in the end. They listen to the community, and some serious work went into the questing to make it have the feeling of depth from a SP experience but still be an MMO. However, this lead to crap mechanics like the phasing issue everyone loathes (sounds like that's been improved though).

I don't think the phasing issue are still there. I've been playing ESO for about a month now and not once have we experienced that dreadful issue.

It seems to have been fixed from what I've experienced so far.

23. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 13:55 Darks

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 13:42:
NewMaxx wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 12:46:
Have to agree with you on this one. SWTOR is a terrible example.

Terrible, how? It's an entirely self-sustaining title which is still producing content updates at a fairly consistent pace. Just because it doesn't have five million subscribers doesn't mean it's a failure, it simply falls in to a more niche corner of the market mostly due to the franchise it's built on and the same can likely be said about TESO. If anything, one can hope that TESO has the same amount of success as TOR because it's still going strong.

The thing about Darks is that he won't listen to anyone and nearly everything he says is either misinformed, contradictory or hypocritical. He tries really hard to prove his point and those who do not see it are assumed idiots in his eyes because they don't fold to his infinite wisdom. He thinks TESO is great, others think it's bad, he goes Super Saiyan defensive, *john madden graph*, and thinks it's okay to rip on TOR the same way people he dislikes rip on TESO.

There may have been a point where he was a reasonable person but it appears he took an arrow to the Prefrontal Cortex.

You are so full of shit. SWTOR is an absolute abomination of a game. I got on recently with a friend and started playing again after taking a long break. We played for about two weeks and gave up. That game is so monetized it is even funny so don't talk about me as if you fucking know me because you don't know shit.

And don't get me started on the people here and who do and don't listen. Most of you have opinions about games that most of you haven't played one second of the so called game in question.

Its been pointed out many times here how many of the blues user bring a lot of hate towards most every thing in question on these forums. This game being another perfect example of that. yes, some games do warrant that hate. but many of you just jump on that bandwagon and bitch about shit they haven't even tried or played.

Dig through most of the topics, you will see the trend.

And by the way, I don't hate SWTOR, I just hate what they fucking did to it when it went free to play. Yea, F2P now there's a contradiction in terms for you.

21. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 13:25 Darks

Cutter wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 13:10:
Darks, this game fucking sucks. And you loving it doesn't change that. Deal with it.

The only thing that sucks is your attitude. So you deal with it.

16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 12:30 Darks

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 12:12:
Darks wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 10:54:
As usual, I see the hate is never ending at Blues.

You all seriously have no clue just how good this game really is.

Star Wars is doing it right. FTP with Sub. There is no way I'm paying $60 at this point, way too late for that. For me I need to get in for free to see if it has changed enough, then I'd have zero problem paying a sub for a mmo, cheap ass gaming.

You really cant be serious about Star Wars doing it right. Have you played that game since its been free? There is nothing about that game that's free. in fact if you bought some gems to unlock some of the items you want in the game or need unlocked like your money. hiding the helm, extra slot bars. Then you begin to realize very quickly how screwed up this game is and before its all said and done you have spent far more then 60 dollars.

At least ESO has been on sale in the past for 30 dollars.

Sorry, but you chose a poor choice of MMO's to try and compare this game to.

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 12:00 Darks

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 11:49:
How long is the end game content?

As in, how many hours do you have to sink in a "raid". Also how hard is it? Have they released any expansions? Do the expansions make your hard earned raiding time completely obsolete because they released way better gear in the next expansion that completely nullifies your raid upgrades?

The only game who did expansion item progression properly was Everquest 1. It never fully nerfed the old raid content.

I've been slowly moving towards games that I can just log off any time without repercussions. Also, I hate games that say fuck you to effort spent. Yet, I enjoy team based tactical games where you have to work together to achieve a hard goal.

This is probably why I only liked Everquest and Ultima Online for MMOs.. since ultima was all character progression and some items and everquest was very hard and fun.

Craglorn is the end game content for now until more content is released. But the game is broken into three factions. it will take you straight playing at least one month to beat one faction. Once you do that you are offered the chance to play as one of the other factions. all of their story content too. but you will be starting at a veteran level 1 this maxes out at veteran level 14. you gain one veteran level per area you complete and those areas are very larger. This cycle continues thru all of the factions as you complete them.

I haven't done a lot of raiding, but its all been fun and the loot is pretty decent. Craglorn is a high level area. its starts at Veteran lv 10. and its not an easy area to play in. this is also where a lot of the newer high level raids are too.

10. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 11:21 Darks

Bill Borre wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 11:19:
Well, I'm casting my vote for the no subscription business model and bought a copy today. Some Blues people had a guild ingame I remember seeing in a post awhile ago. What's the contact info? I'll hit you up as soon as I finish this 32 gig download.

You would need to wait on XxBatmanxX to get on, hes has guild ownership.

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 11:19 Darks

Cutter wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 10:58:
Darks wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 10:54:

Yeah. That's why it's such a runaway success, right? It's everyone else. Not you.

Rolleyes

Like I said, you have no clue at all. You never logged on min in this game and now your an expert because you never played it. So how the fuck would you even know?? And besides what you think you know. the game has undergone a lot of changes.

BTW Cutter, this game only failed because of the subscription model. Now this game is on the same level as Guild Wars 2. You only have to have a purchased copy of the game and its completely free.

There are no strings attached. the game actually went live last night and I checked. the Crown market has a few mounts and cosmetic changes you can buy along with some pets and special potions. but other then that nothing else is attached. its completely free.

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2015, 11:53.

4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 10:54 Darks

News Comments > Neverwinter: Elemental Evil Delayed
8. Re: Neverwinter: Elemental Evil Delayed Mar 13, 2015, 22:01 Darks

Jivaro wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 19:59:
Julio wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 19:42:
I'd never spend anything with PWE, terrible games and service.

Yeah, I am not a fan of PW either. I think Star Trek Online has become a solid MMO, but it's the exception and I think it was released before PW took over.

Cutter gave me a closed beta key to Neverwinter before it launched and I found it pretty "meh" overall. Not bad, but not good enough to keep me after about 2 weeks of playing. I will say this about it though; the Foundry is a tool that fits right into a D&D game. Like similar tools in City of Heroes and Star Trek Online, it really adds value to the game. It benefits the community in positive ways as well.

dont be fooled, PWE has turned STO into shit with all of the changes to Crafting and dumping new T6 ships into the game that can only be gotten from buying Enhanced Crafting boxes with Zen. its a crap shoot with a 1 percent chance to get the new ship.

Fricking patectic!!

They basically copied NWO models and dumped it into STO. Its a nightmare trying to upgrade weapons and consoles in STO., not as bad as NWO but its right up there with being monetized to hell and back.

2196 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo