Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 1816 (Pro)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
20. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 13:18 Darks

Verno wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 13:04:
Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 12:46:
The Witcher Wild Hunt isn't coming out until February 2015. But other than that, yeah, it's an embarrassment of riches this year.

The great thing about having limited time to play is that I can pick them all up in a year for way less I think I'm just going to grab The Evil Within (if reviews pan out) and Witcher 3 on release.

I've read/seen very little on Gauntlet, is it a full on modern remake?

It is a full remake, the game looks good. but there's a ongoing discussion about the games screen locking and being on a leash that's got many people upset. The discussion is, yes its a remake of the old game. but he problem is this isn't an arcade game anymore with 4 people standing over one screen.

So screen locking is a bit old fashion and very aggravating when you try to go off screen or to the side of the screen and you cant because other people are on the opposite end.

The other feature the devs for some odd reason did was make the game more about competitive mode. meaning, who gets to the gold first gets the gold first. If someone wants to be a dick and shoot the food when the warrior needs it badly. well you are now SOL.

People are worrying about griefing in the game, with the screen locking , a person could just be a dick and decide to stay on one end of the screen and not move now locking down the game because some may be pissed about something another person did In the game.

The Devs have said, they will monitor this and see how it goes. people are asking that they put an option in the game so those who want to play without the leashing can do so.

so this game is a bit of a chance if you don't care for the screen locking.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 12:27 Darks

Fion wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 11:37:
There are just so many damn games coming out this fall!

No kidding, the amount of games coming out this fall is staggering.

Gauntlet
Dragon Age Inquisition
Borderland Pre Sequel
Far Cry 4
Assassins Creed Unity
Alien Isolation
Evil Within
Shadows of Mordor
Civ Beyond Earth
The Witcher Wild Hunt
Wasteland 2
Styx: Master of Shadows
Legend of Grimlock 2

That's a list, and im sure I missed a few.

Not enough time to play all of this. And these are just the fall lineup.

9. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 11:25 Darks

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 11:17:
Darks wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 11:03:
Ahh, Creston, you are always looking for something to pick about.

Yeah, sorry I'm not a mindless shill like you. I don't just eat whatever bullshit a publisher tries to feed you.

This is not an add-on. Its a full blown game. In fact the game is extensively longer then BL1 was.

Really? Based on what? Based on what Randy Pitchford has said? I'd wait until it comes out and people have played through before I'd make that statement.

Because BL1 was a pretty long game. 15 to 20 hours if you did all the main quest. longer if you did the side questing.

Exactly. Which just reinforces the idea that you probably should hold off on claims that this one is longer than BL1, because BL1 could easily go into 30-40 hours if you did all quests in your first playthrough.

But length aside, this is really no improvement over BL2. The low-grav mutator because it's on the moon thing is embarrassing enough to be touted as a feature, but it's still the same concept of four characters each with a single skill and a bunch of minor bonuses etc etc etc. It's Yet Again The Same Formula.

If people enjoy that, eh, more power to them. There must apparently have been plenty of people clamoring for "just more BL2." Selling them that for 60 bucks, though, is pretty shitty in my book.

Well, to be honest then did come out and say that this game was somewhere in-between the two games in length. So, to me that's a pretty long game.

I really enjoyed the two games, we played the hell out of them Coop. I will be playing this one Coop too with my friends.

The graphics do look like they got an upgrade. to me the colors especially do stand out more. As for game play, there are new weapons, lasers and cold type weapons. I do see where you are coming from expecting there to be more. but this is Borderlands, I'm not sure what else could be done to the game.

I'm personally looking forward to the story and how everything evolves this time around with Jack being the so called good guy turned bad guy. I really want to see how that evolves.

Maybe wait for a sale then Creston if your not that happy about the game.

7. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 11:03 Darks

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 10:52:
It's an expansion pack sold for full price. Good luck with that, whichever publisher is responsible for that.

Ahh, Creston, you are always looking for something to pick about.

This is not an add-on. Its a full blown game. In fact the game is extensively longer then BL1 was. if that constitutes as an add-on, then I'm confused. Because BL1 was a pretty long game. 15 to 20 hours if you did all the main quest. longer if you did the side questing.

4. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 10:17 Darks

Torque is fricking hilarious in this video. had me rolling.

Cant wait for this to come out. We've got our LAN session planed for some coop mayhem.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video
19. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 18, 2014, 08:45 Darks

John wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 08:41:
PHJF wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 22:22:
Sure hope the party size is bigger than 2.
I'm sure it will be. In the original you could have up to 5 or 6, right?

Yes, in the original you could have a party of up to 6 characters.

I'm liking the look of this video, it does look promising.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway
6. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 17, 2014, 15:34 Darks

nin wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 13:34:
Based on the video and it's "Key Features", it looks to be an improvement over the first game. I have no problem paying more to get more, especially something like this...

I liked the first game because it brought back those memories of Eye of the Beholder, which I'm very fond of and made two mods for with the NWN Engine.

Not really happy about the price increase either. Over all the game was good, but I really despised the death of everything exploding into fiery sparks. I really think they could do a better job on this part of the game. Id rather see death animations for each type of creature. like bones exploding on the ground when killing a Skeleton and so forth.

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
22. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 11:20 Darks

Beamer wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 11:03:
Interesting, what Notch is basically saying is that, when the Minecraft EULA thing came out, people were dicks to him. Then he watched the Phil Fish video and saw how much they love being dicks to Phil Fish (who is, himself, a dick.)

So he sold his studio.

I get it, it's fair. Minecraft became bigger than Notch, and with that happening, it made Notch bigger than Notch feels Notch is. But getting $2.5 billion dollars won't change that. If Microsoft fucks things up, Notch will be blamed. If Notch makes some small shitty game he enjoys making but few enjoy playing (because it's the kind of small, shitty game he enjoyed making), people will call him an idiot on Twitter. That spotlight is on him for an extremely long time.

Cant blame him, Id take the money and run to. live a great life and do whatever you want without anyone to tell you anything different.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Sep 15, 2014, 09:57 Darks

You have to be pretty cynical or stupid to not know what your getting yourself into when you get a job with the NSA.

Anyone who says anything different is just lying to themselves.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
13. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 12, 2014, 09:05 Darks

Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 19:47:
Lol at MS stupidity. Simply boggles the mind. If they hadn't lucked out with Windows this company would not exist today.

That is about as stupid of a quote as I've ever read.

The same thing could be said about hundreds if not thousands of other companies dude.

Intel ring a bell? AMD?

The list can go on and on.

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer
3. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer Sep 11, 2014, 15:34 Darks

Fion wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 10:52:
This comes out in october? How is it I just heard about it like a week ago. Seems interesting, though perhaps one-dimensional.

There was a news article about this a month or so ago. not something that's been hiding. Right now, its on steam for 24 dollars. How can you pass up that deal?

I bought it, looks like a fun thief type game that's even more fun. How can you not like puking in the water and making people sick lol! that was pretty funny.

News Comments > Chaos Rising Removes GFWL
8. Re: Chaos Rising Removes GFWL Sep 5, 2014, 13:44 Darks

Creston wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 11:19:
Removed Lan/Direct Connect.

Yeah, that's not going to get people upset...

Oh, that's not the worst of it. Since many people who played the game had cloud saves, they lost their entire campaign they had been working on. Straight up reply from the developer, sorry, but GFWL saves were not compatible with steams saves.

Ouch!! One guy said he had over 200 hours in his and its now gone.

I donít get or understand the removal on LAN, that one is confusing.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation in Stores
17. Re: Planetary Annihilation in Stores Sep 5, 2014, 12:23 Darks

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 10:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 10:29:
This is one of the few things I backed back when KS was all the hype.
Me too and tbh I don't like the way the game turned out to be.
Find it more frustrating than fun to play.
Lesson learned.
It reminds me of Stracraft with "number of action per minute" and macros and build orders, bullshit

What do you find frustrating about the game? I also backed this game and was really hoping there would be more to it. The frustrating part for me is the planets. Smaller ones are harder to get a perspective on while placing buildings and rotating the planet can get annoying. I find that I prefer a flat map over the planets. even though it is a cool idea and its different. it still feels very odd.

I also do not like that the devs spent a ton of time on making units but did not make separate factions to go against they created a ton of different units but you are always fighting the same ones that you are also using. I really don't care for that at all.

There are other small annoyances, but those are minor.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2014, 12:29.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
30. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 08:30 Darks

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 08:24:
I really enjoyed it for the 2 months I played....didn't play for the last month, ran out of time. I would love to get back to this as I had a lot of fun playing it. Just so hard to devote the time.

Same here, I liked the game and got a char all the way to the end. but ran out of time because of other games to paly and I did not want to keep paying a sub for this game.

Taking bets on F2P In the next 6 months?

but I'm sure ZeniMax will fuck that up to and over charge for everything.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus
17. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 2, 2014, 16:23 Darks

Blue wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 16:07:
Alamar wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 10:53:
But I just did a youtube search, and clicked on a 'Claptrap gameplay vid', and 2s into it, he jumps... Now I can't play the game if they're going to mess with 'the lore'!

That lore was already messed with... if you go back to the first Borderlands you'll find Claptrap actually uses.... STAIRS!

LOL, you guys are apparently referring to the part where Clap Trap cant climb the stairs to help you towards the end of the game. Heh, yes you gotta love how story writers mess up the continuity of movies/TV shows and Games with their inconsistency.

Makes you wonder if they ever really played the game or watched the shows before putting it to pen.

Maybe they will explain at the end of the game that Clap Trap has an injury that prevents him from climbing stairs?

12. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 2, 2014, 13:13 Darks

Beamer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 13:05:
Darks wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:58:
Gadzooks wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:21:
Borderlands is one of the few games out these days where the DLC they release is actually NEW additional content in full, not an extra couple of multiplayer levels they stripped out to sell as Zero Day DLC like many other games.

When the DLC is actually like buying an expansion to the game, then its not really part of the whole "DLC scam"

I have no issues buying the games DLC because of this, as I have enjoyed the hell out of both BL1 and BL2. The season pass is an extra 30 bucks up front, but in the long run, it saves me 10 bucks. Unless of course I want to wait a year, and buy it on sale. That could be said about any game. Its borderlands, I know it will be fun, so I dont really care to wait a year to enjoy it.

Sorry, but I would have to disagree with you on some of this. Yes, some of what they did release was new and good. but that was mainly after the Season pass ran out. Or do you not recall the Game hunter DLC Sir Hamerlock they released that was a total POS?

The best DLC they released for the Season was the DnD Tiny Tinas. now that was great. So was the newer Island DLC. but that was not part of the Season pack. So its hit and miss with these guys on what they release that is a viable DLC release.

I love the series, but I'm waiting this time around to see what they do release.

The pirate themed DLC was also kind of a POS. So much riding around through empty, dead space.
Still better than Sir Hammerlock. That's where I quit the game - I just couldn't take Sir Hammerlock's DLC. It was awful. I never even downloaded the Tiny Tina one. Hammerlock was that bad.

Beamer, you should try the Tiny Tina DLC. it was actually a lot of fun. The introduction of Fireballs, Magic Missiles and Lightning grenades was pretty awesome.

Plus, Tina was a riot in the game.

BTW, Torques DLC was pretty fun too.

10. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 2, 2014, 12:58 Darks

Gadzooks wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:21:
Borderlands is one of the few games out these days where the DLC they release is actually NEW additional content in full, not an extra couple of multiplayer levels they stripped out to sell as Zero Day DLC like many other games.

When the DLC is actually like buying an expansion to the game, then its not really part of the whole "DLC scam"

I have no issues buying the games DLC because of this, as I have enjoyed the hell out of both BL1 and BL2. The season pass is an extra 30 bucks up front, but in the long run, it saves me 10 bucks. Unless of course I want to wait a year, and buy it on sale. That could be said about any game. Its borderlands, I know it will be fun, so I dont really care to wait a year to enjoy it.

Sorry, but I would have to disagree with you on some of this. Yes, some of what they did release was new and good. but that was mainly after the Season pass ran out. Or do you not recall the Game hunter DLC Sir Hamerlock they released that was a total POS?

The best DLC they released for the Season was the DnD Tiny Tinas. now that was great. So was the newer Island DLC. but that was not part of the Season pack. So its hit and miss with these guys on what they release that is a viable DLC release.

I love the series, but I'm waiting this time around to see what they do release.

4. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 2, 2014, 10:12 Darks

nin wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 10:05:
Went from a discounted game to a $60 game with a $30 season pass. Fuck them. I'll see you at $5.

LOL, yep. I know what you mean. Fucking scumbags cows. Moo, mooo... Milk that bitch!

News Comments > Gauntlet Next Month
2. Re: Gauntlet Next Month Aug 28, 2014, 20:08 Darks

It was originally coming out on the 3rd, and the delay is for the MP to be more refined.  

News Comments > Escape Dead Island in November
2. Re: Escape Dead Island in November Aug 27, 2014, 13:38 Darks

Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 13:22:
Hey, let's release it on the same day that two of the biggest games of the year (DA:I and FC4) are being released too! I'm sure that'll do wonders for sales!

Deep Silver, you take idiocy to completely new levels. Congratulations.

Totally agree with you dude. This has to be about as dumb gets. Why not release the game 3 weeks later after everyone has had a chance to paly the other game and still cash in on the Christmas releases time frame. this makes no sense at all.

1816 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo