Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 1761 (Pro)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
46. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 12:24 Darks

Fletch wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 03:48:
Darks wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 23:14:
Fuck off dude and take your sarcastic bullshit with you. I think pretty much everyone here has had about enough you and your bullshit.

I took it as a joke. I mean... do you really think Axis has a legitimate concern that Stephen is a Blizzard employee? I registered here twelve and a half years ago and I've only posted 493 comments, so I'm not really up on all the forum machinations, dramas, and cliques. Also, I don't understand why some of you are acting so indignant and giving him so much shit, especially when the comment was so inane. If some of you have a problem with him, put him on Ignore. Problem solved. In the meantime, you're just filling the comments sections with off-topic chaff.

Pick your battles. All you are doing by ragging on him is stirring the shit. Since it's much easier to Ignore him than engage him, it makes me wonder if some of you look forward to his comments just so you can bitch.

@Darks

The truly ironic thing, Darks, is that I just took you off ignore so I could reply to your comment (saw it as a quote when reading someone else's comment). I don't remember exactly why I ignored you, but, yeah, had you on ignore.

Probably because Colonial Marines, I didn't agree with many of you that the game was terrible. and I still don't think its a bad game. but many piled on that game because of the demo released and many felt robbed because when the game came out it was missing many of those things. that have been addressed and fixed now. Its still a good fun game Coop.

As for Batman, I could care less if the guy has me on Ignore. Some people here are to sensitive and if that's how they cope with life so be it.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 21, 2014, 23:45 Darks

Prez wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 23:41:
This works better, don't waste your time.

17. Ignored

I try to keep my ignore list empty; I had two people on it a couple of years ago but I kept seeing their posts quoted anyway so it's not like it was helping very much to cut out the unwanted noise. Generally when people continually post idiocy like Axis does (see post below this one) they get quoted repeatedly.

I with you Prez, I don't usually ignore anyone but this guy and his endless crap is really starting to get stupid. For a person who claims he hats this game so much he sure spends enough time monitoring and tracking any and all news about it. To me that's nothing but trolling at its best. Anyway, Ignored!!

16. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 21, 2014, 23:14 Darks

Axis wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 19:36:
All these D3 blips makes me wonder if Blue is now a blizzard employee...

Fuck off dude and take your sarcastic bullshit with you. I think pretty much everyone here has had about enough you and your bullshit.

News Comments > Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near
26. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 15:07 Darks

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 12:53:
MrGrosser wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 12:41:
What will happen to Paragon Levels when RoS drops? Will you not progress any levels until you reach 70? Will they reset to 0 and you can start gaining them again at 70?

Your paragon progression stops in RoS temporarily until you hit 70, then starts again.

This is also why you should be grinding out your paragon levels now at 60, because once you make it to level 70 the XP to gain the next level is going to be much higher.

As for the Mystic being available in Act 5. It was once said she would not be available until after you completed Act 5. But she actually becomes available about 1 hour into the game before or after you kill Urzael.

No one is going to have the matts available from the start of the Add-on to even begin using her ,which is why you find her later in the game.

So disenchant everything you get. Blue items too.

19. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 12:15 Darks

Okay, I found out. It is the paragon they are talking about. So no theres no extra bonus being given after level 100.  

17. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 11:56 Darks

No Angelic, this was a bonus to even the Paragon stuff. Again, I need to check with a few others about this. But it was rumored.  

13. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 11:27 Darks

Linksil wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:16:
For LgFriess:

You can do everything in act 1-4 only and get lvl 60 from playing through without the exp. Problem you run into is that the exp isn't just 61-70 it's Act5. IE if you want the story to continue beyond the killing of Diablo3 in a natural progression you'll want the exp come tuesday. I haven't done a new character, but most people were saying that one play through of Act 1-4 got you around lvl 50 without repeating levels/turning up diff. So you'll have to play through it again or just repeat quests from 50-60 where as having act5 will let you keep exploring new levels while leveling up.

You can't unlock the mystic to mod equipment until you've played through act5 once.

Just to be clear on the fast leveling thats occurring now, Blizz is giving everyone a 50% XP bonus now. That is going away come Tuesday. So take advantage of it now while you can. Many are using this XP bonus to level their Paragons. I heard through the grape vine that anyone over 100 Paragon is getting a bonus movement speed. But how true that is, I canít say for sure. Itís been mostly rumor, but being above 100 defiantly has its benefits.

Like when you start a new Char you have immediate access to those paragon levels you can apply to that new char. I leveled a new Barb just so I could farm the newer legendries for the Crusader coming out.

I also played the game on Expert Difficulty and had no issues up until the Fourth Act. Then it started getting a lot more difficult. So take advantage while you can of that bonus XP.

9. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 11:11 Darks

MoonSpook wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:04:
LgFriess wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 10:38
uick question for you vets. I just picked it up the other day and am working my way through with a wizard. Is there any point for me to pick up the xpac now, ie. will I be missing anything important in the first 60 levels, or should I just wait until I get close to the end. [/quote:

As far as I can see, the only pre-60 features that require the RoS expansion (Crusader class aside) is Adventure Mode and the Mystic.

If you're just happy playing through the campaign to level up, and aren't too bothered about enchanting or transmog (and on a pre-60, there's good reason not to be since you'll replace gear a lot), then I don't think you need to buy it just yet.

I may be corrected by others though, of course!

Well, itís not overly important probably, but there are some added bonuses. One big on being you are going to get one more Loot tab added. But only if you bought the add-on.

Plus, there is a new skill per each character too. but that depends on each personís playing style if they like the new skill.

The other reason to have the add-on and this is a big on for me and many others is the new Mystic thatís being added. The Mystic is another vendor type NPC but an enchanter. She will allow you to reroll stats on items. This has so many advantages, one being adding sockets to weapons so you can add crit gems or strength gems to up your damage considerably.

Plus, the new Crusader char, that is the big one for me personally. I have always loved playing a Paladin, and this is basically the new Paladin.

Its entirely up to you but there are many benefits having the XPack.

5. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 10:54 Darks

nin wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 09:23:
Logged in for 10 minutes last night and an orange dropped. Second time that's happened. Luvs em!

Looking forward to Tuesday and level 70 items.

funny, the same thing happend to me too last night nin. Dropped me a really nice fist weapon. Once the game goes live and we get the Mystic, im going to re-roll this with a socket.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dark-1182/hero/5178969

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2014, 11:14.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos
27. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 19:26 Darks

Quinn wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 18:08:
Blizzard oh Blizzard, how do you do it...

I hated D3 when it first came out. Felt like I took my 50 bucks at lit it on fire. But now there's Loot 2.0 and an expansion is coming out with a proper ominous mood that the title deserves. And damn, a Paladin class. Finally they're done trying to do some other weird ass class. If only they changed that fragile voodoo grandpa into a proper Necromancer.

Still not sure if I'm gonna pay 27 euros for RoS. I've enjoyed hours of leveling my barb to 60 the last few days but I wouldn't be surprised if one day very soon the game suddenly feels bled dry to me...

Come now Quinn, don't all games at some point feel bled?

I think the Add-on is going to be pretty good, I've enjoyed the new 2.0 loot. but we haven't even seen loot 2.0 at level 70 yet. Cant wait!

24. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 16:44 Darks

Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 16:33:
I'll check it out later for sure. I'd really like a decent multishot build like I used to have but it just feels way weaker than it used to be.

Might be your gear Verno, Do you have a lot of Crit and Attack speed? Those are vital for the DH.

I have a few Windforces, might be better than what u have now.

I have a Manticore two socketed. So I donít need the Windforce. Look me up if you want to check them out.

8. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 12:28 Darks

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 10:19:
nin wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 09:29:
I guess I wasn't aware until the video yesterday that other classes were getting new spells. That's pretty cool!
Well, for the levels 60-70 they'd pretty much have to, right? Don't think there is anything new south of 60...

Yea, but the new monk skill is kind of lame. Most Monks now are pull\buff monks. So that is a soloing skill.

7. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 12:22 Darks

Armengar wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 11:34:
I dusted off D3 for a run. Probably first time ive played in over 6 months. It really has changed, its almost a different game now. My previous comfortable MP6 WD plays just fine in inferno 2, inferno 3 is tricky. My other characters are about the same level as I would expect too.

Loot wise, within 10 minutes I had a legendary that was an increas on my already decently kitted out WD. Same with my barbarian, some of the loot that was dropping was an upgrade.

Crafting is simple now, that is good. I did spend 10 minutes creating and deleting new characters to get a buffer of common debris from the starting equipment. Overall positive, i'll probably play a bit more this weekend.

If you want Whites for crafting, go to Act 1 and Halls of Agony, the weapon and torture racks are very plentiful. I can usually make 500 Whites in a few hours.

Half Elf? I messaged you yesterday, but you didnít answer up. I was going to invite you to our game. We usually run Torment 3 so the XP is very good. If my brother is on, we run torment 5. at your level, you will level up 10 or more times running with us.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Mar 20, 2014, 09:28 Darks

Turglar wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 15:16:
Sounds horrible

It is horrible, itís about as dumb as it gets when MMOs start tossing in housing for players. First off, i have a ship in the game I can hang out in and call home and its movable to any planet I want.

Shroud of the Avatar is doing this crap to, offering player houses for real money. and people are sucking it up to. Its beyond comprehension why people fall into this lure and spend money on it.

Many are starting to feel that Shroud is concentrating far too much on the housing aspect of the game and far too little on making the game good. And just fyi, the game play and graphics in shroud are horrid. This is nothing but a money grab.

News Comments > Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer
40. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 18:27 Darks

Okay, Added you guys and accepted the ones that sent request already. Se you guys in game In the coming days/weeks.  

28. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 15:37 Darks

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 12:25:
Darks wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 11:56:
BTW, this is my Blizz handle if anyone wants to do some runs. dark#1182
Wow, a lot of great gear there. Nice 147k dps unbuffed on the Monk, my Wizard barely tops that buffed.

Thanks dude, most of that gear is from the new v2.0 patch.

Ill add you guys to my list to once I get on tonight. It will be fun running some area with you guys.

18. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 11:56 Darks

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 11:12:
Darks wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 11:02:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:57:
Darks wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:33:
My brother plays a DPS Frost Mage; he is all about using two 1H weapons. Heís putting out over 400K DPS on his Mage. Heís also level 392 paragon too.
So, you misspoke here?

No, but I see how this can get confusing. My reference to him in what heís using is a wand and an orb.
Apologies for belaboring the point, but you specifically said "two 1H weapons", were you referring to an orb as a weapon?

I was, so sorry for the confusion.

As for the alternating between the two weapons when hitting, for most classes that can be the case and alternate your damage, but in the monks case with Way of the Hundred Fist and the blazing Fist Rune. Along with the attack speed you have. Itís pretty deadly.

BTW, this is my Blizz handle if anyone wants to do some runs. dark#1182

14. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 11:02 Darks

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:57:
Darks wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:33:
My brother plays a DPS Frost Mage; he is all about using two 1H weapons. Heís putting out over 400K DPS on his Mage. Heís also level 392 paragon too.
So, you misspoke here?

No, but I see how this can get confusing. My reference to him in what heís using is a wand and an orb.

And nin, they wonít allow you to equip that second sword in the off hand. Itís a restricted slot.

11. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 10:54 Darks

nin wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:46:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:39:
Wizards can wield two weapons? Wow, I did not know that.

We have an off hand, like a book/orbs or something, but I've never attempted to add a second weapon.

So I'd like an answer here as well...

They cant nin, Nor would you want to because your offhand book and orbs carry much better suited stats for a Wiz. you wont get that from a sword or dagger.

8. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 10:33 Darks

Alamar wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:08:
Darks wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 09:57:
Yes it is nin, but some of the loot changes like 2H weapons are still a no go. Why would anyone use a 2H weapon when using two 1H weapons give you more damage and better stats all around over the 2H weapon? No one uses 2H weapons in the game, the stats are still way to low on them. Use loose way to much damage and stats when comparing them.

I play as a monk, and Diabos drop all the time, but im still not giving up my 1H weapons. Again, the stats!

Krovven made this point in game a few weeks ago, concerning Wizards...

But, as I'm running a ray of frost build, 2h is the way to go, even if the damage value is a bit lower...

I had built my char around efficiency, so getting 15s of constant ray of frostness was great for some of the bigger enemies, but when I got a 1h upgrade, I switched, and that 15s was quickly turned into 8s... Yes, my 'mana' was sucked up twice as fast, and my damage may have been increased about 5-10%...

I looked into it and found a helpful post, and it has to do with attack speed using up resources faster, but not providing a dps gain... I believe this is also why whirlwind Barb's are 2H. Not sure, what in the monk uses this dynamic, other than the Tempest Rush (I think it's called), but that's not a dps ability.

-Alamar

Only Monk tanks will use the Shield and 1H weapon, a straight up DPS monk will be two 1H weapons. Barbs, not always will be using two Hander weapons, many of them that I run with prefer two 1H weapons. Faster attack speed and they can generate Fury much faster with two 1H weapons. My brother plays a DPS Frost Mage; he is all about using two 1H weapons. Heís putting out over 400K DPS on his Mage. Heís also level 392 paragon too.

1761 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo