Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 1777 (Pro)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
11. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 10:22 Darks

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 09:58:
"42M ..... a towel for your hangar"
Sweet

Yea, thatís what really bothers me about all of this. At least if you are going to give people something, make it something I can at least use. Why should I or even care about a fricking towel or a fish tank in my hanger? Really Chris? Can we all say, heís a cheap bastard?

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2014, 09:50 Darks

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 09:38:
Thanks Darks
Someone already used those codes I guess.
Thanks for sharing anyways

And they didnt even say thank you, At least guys if you take the codes please let everyone know what code you took. I guess Ill just have people next time msg me for what code they want.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2014, 08:57 Darks

Okay guys more free Steam Keys.

If you all know a better way for me to give them away, let me know.

So here they are.

Jagged Alliance Collection | Steam Key: ITPE2-M0KVN-24MK0

Tropico 3 Gold | Steam Key: YXDNQ-ND392-FM9LK

Alien Spidy | Steam Key: DFM4P-9KRG8-PQE26

Sine Mora | Steam Key: XHFRY-QLIBH-E66PP

SkyDrift | Steam Key: 3ZR8Q-EPCMQ-JEWPE

Disciples III: Resurrection | Steam Key: MQII6-V20ZP-EG5D0

Dollar Dash | Steam Key: ZW4DF-5I9AI-TGAFZ

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered CE Includes Light-up Ship
26. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 15, 2014, 08:28 Darks

Beamer wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 10:29:
Darks wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 10:03:
TangledThorns wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 17:49:
Looks like my wife's vibrator.

I guess you failed your wife if she needs one of those.

really?
is this an opinion people that have actually dated women and have a healthy opinion on sexuality have?

No, thatís a fact. I have never, ever had a woman who needed one and felt she needed to be pleased with one. Wife included. If you have a woman who needs to be pleased with one, then you are doing something wrong.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Apr 14, 2014, 13:47 Darks

I canít speak for the review, I read it and some of what he touched on is on par. Me personally, I have been playing the game pretty much nonstop for the past two weeks. I have a Nightblade at level 27 in the Daggerfall Faction. So far I have been enjoying the game a lot. Yes, there have been some issues with the game, some earlier quests were broken but all of those have been fixed with patching.

The story line for this faction has been a lot of fun and interesting, itís kept me wanting more and exploring. Questing has not been the so called cookie cutter quest. They actually have you going out and exploring and finding answers for many of the quest and story line or rescuing main plot chars that have been captured or missing. So far most of the questing can be done solo, but at times you will find you need help with taking done zone bosses or an elite boss.

Yes, this game does play a lot like Skyrim, you can go just about any place you want or explore any dungeons you want except for a few that are story line based. but when you are in that area, you get the quest that will lead you there.

I use a few mods when Iím playing. One is Wykyds, another is Tactical Combat and the mini map mod. All of those really make the game better. I would highly suggest if you are playing to look into those. All of these mods can be found on esoui.com

I donít have a lot of complaints about the game; there have been some lag issues with chat and zoning at times. But these are excepted when the server population is high. When itís not the game runs pretty good. Many of these things I know are still being worked on and fixed and with a little more time most all of the issues will be resolved. I expected this as with any new MMO launch.

The game play itself has been a lot of fun and the combat is good and intense at times. I know some are not happy with the combat, but they chose to go a different way, which is very similar to the combat in Neverwinter. I personally like this style of combat and not having to click my way through combat.

If any of you have questions that I have not touched on let me know Iíll try to answer them if I can. Again, so far I have been really enjoying the game; the graphics in the game have been pretty incredible some of the zones are really something to view. I have not seen that kind of detail in any mmo to date. GW 2 would be about the only other game I could match up to when it comes to the graphics.

I wish I could post all of my screenshots Iíve taken; I have about 100 so far. I stop all the time and take them. Like I said, the environments have been something to look at and watch.

So thatís my two cents worth. I enjoy the game and look forward to getting a few hours in each night.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered CE Includes Light-up Ship
20. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 14, 2014, 10:03 Darks

TangledThorns wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 17:49:
Looks like my wife's vibrator.

I guess you failed your wife if she needs one of those.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
47. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 11, 2014, 09:39 Darks

Eirikrautha wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 06:06:
Jerykk wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 04:55:
harlock wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 01:53:
Kosumo wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 22:32:
Lol Star Citizen twitch - Christ Roberts is a total clown - power pointed the crowd to death.

hah did you watch the pax reveal.. he sits down to show it off and plays for a few minutes, then the fucker crashes hard and locks up, hes sitting there banging on the keyboard while dramatic orchestral music plays through the PA.. then just sits back and chills out while they try to tech support it for like 10 min

fucking classic man, pure comedy

it looked pretty cool when it was working, but damn.. good luck with this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg7FeQ-Hflg

Ouch. Just about everything that could go wrong did go wrong. That said, the game is still a long ways off and I'm pretty sure they'll fix most of the bugs.

This was on my "watch" list until I watched that live stream. 30 minutes late starting, no ability to skip the cutscene at the beginning (when he crashed the ship and had to restart) which wasted time showing something we'd just seen again, hard-locks, windows popping up...

At this point, CR just looks inept. You always bring your most stable build, even if it doesn't have the latest bells-and-whistles, when you go to show your software off. Which means this IS their most stable build (or all they have). Not encouraging at all...

You must be joking with that comment right? Inept? Get a life dude; this is a pre alpha, this stuff happen a lot. Yea, he wasnít able to put up a proper demo, but this in no way makes him look inept. It mealy a setback is all.

When this game is done, it will be a pretty incredible game. But No one should be making a judgment call on a demo that is in very early development.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
32. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 19:52 Darks

Nighthawk wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 17:49:
Apparently nobody wants to say thank you.
Tried 2, both taken, thanks anyway, very kind of you.

Your welcome guys!

25. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 17:37 Darks

So, I got a bunch of Steam game keys that I don't need, all good keys. First come first serve.

have at it guys.

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages Steam Key: LBFYX-CGX63-A36L7
Etherlords II Steam Key: 789WJ-QLZCQ-HPM5G
Master Reboot Steam Key: HEZQV-NWL0I-TXWKQ
Expeditions: Conquistador Steam Key: WQ8P4-HYG0D-8GK2T
Rock of Ages Steam Key: YXJ7B-TDCLL-G24YR
POSTAL Steam Key: AHWFQ-XQ96W-JDEPV
Gun Monkeys Steam Key: NP970-B2XPV-3Q7DI
Heli Heroes Steam Key: 6RR9P-MNXWD-QC5KX
Monday Night Combat Steam Key: GJAV3-VH9RQ-V2D0Z
Bang Bang Racing Steam Key: 0Y9QX-3PNCI-J4XDF
Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World Steam Key: 47XIB-BIQ23-MZTT4

16. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 11:51 Darks

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:53:
I hope we learned by now Gearbox farming out development doesn't end well.

Yes, but this is being made by 2K in Australia, they have a better track record.

News Comments > List of Games Relying on GameSpy Services
14. Re: List of Games Relying on GameSpy Services Apr 8, 2014, 20:03 Darks

mamu wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 14:04:
Darks wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 13:44:
pacefalm wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 13:17:
All or most of these games will also work on Evolve (www.evolvehq.com)

Has anyone used this service? How does it work exactly? Iím curious how you would use them to host or join games.

I'm one of the Evolve developers--just got pointed this way by a user.

Basically, for any game with a LAN mode (which is a lot of the games impacted by GameSpy's shutdown), you can use Evolve's party system to simulate a LAN over the internet. Same kind of concept as Hamachi, but we've tuned Evolve to a bit a bit more game-friendly. For instance, all IP ranges for Evolve are normal private IP ranges (10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x), and all party members are on the same subnet. This tends to work with a wider range of games than tools that allocate 5.x.x.x or 7.x.x.x. Since IP ranges are allocated when a party is created, we're able to do this while ensuring no conflicts with your home network.

Thanks mamu, Appreciate you coming over and giving us that feedback. I am interested in using this and pose a question about how this works for UbiSoft games that seem to specifically use UPlay. For instance we had some real issues with getting a Coop game working this past weekend. so how does your client differ or make there game work Coop wise?

9. Re: List of Games Relying on GameSpy Services Apr 8, 2014, 13:44 Darks

pacefalm wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 13:17:
All or most of these games will also work on Evolve (www.evolvehq.com)

Has anyone used this service? How does it work exactly? Iím curious how you would use them to host or join games.

8. Re: List of Games Relying on GameSpy Services Apr 8, 2014, 13:40 Darks

Thereís more to this list then they are showing.
I know of one for sure.

But this game has become vaporware.

DnD Daggerdale, was a decent game but Atari really hosed this game over by pushing it out the door way to soon.

Scourge Eps 1 and 2, but they just recently released a new version of this game removing Gamespy.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
5. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 10:00 Darks

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 09:54:
No I wouldn't do anything silly like that if the game is good.
Uplay never bothered me. Sure it would be nice if it wasn't required but if a game is good Uplay isn't going to stop me from buying it.

Well, I wasnít totally against Uplay, until Ubi keeps screwing over their own games with it. For instance, this past Friday, a friend and I tried to play Splinter cell Blacklist Coop. Well, we were unable to get it working; we could not join each otherís game. So we went checking on the forums to see whatís going on, and yes. Everyone is having this issue. Nice job as usually from Ubi to not respond nor fix the issue.

So Iím left with thinking from this point on, screw Ubi and Uplay. If they canít utilize a proven technology like Steams friends list to invite people into games then Iím not going to support them anymore until they do.

News Comments > Viscera Cleanup Detail Early Access
3. Re: Viscera Cleanup Detail Early Access Apr 7, 2014, 18:38 Darks

Prez wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 17:40:
Looks like someone is giving 'Goat Sim' a run for its money in the contest of who can turn the most off-the-wall ridiculous idea into a game.

Right there with you on that one. I mean are gamers getting so desperate to play games that they would actually spend money on this crap? Hello, Clean up on isle Three...

Training tool for Janitor wanabees!

I donít know, maybe Iím to critical, but I donít see the fun in running around cleaning up a mess.

Anyone else feel that this is wasted engine? The look of this engine reminds me a lot of the First System Shock game. Maybe someone can mod the engine and remake System Shock with it. That would be kewl!

News Comments > On ESO Charges
25. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 14:39 Darks

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 14:09:
MS did the same thing for a 'free' month of Skype. They needed a card/paypal to activate the free trial and then they gave the dollar back to your account. Then at the end of the trial period--automatic renewal at full price. I called and got my money back.
It's called backward billing. Not saying ESO is doing this--just a heads up.

I wouldnít just pin ESO as doing this. Blizz, EA and every other MMO thatís been Pay to play have done this same form of billing. Itís really become the standard for how they bill you to activate an MMO Sub.

17. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 12:52 Darks

Verno wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:37:
I have to disagree with you there Verno, This is done for one reason. Itís to prevent anyone with a copy of the game to play it for free. Anyone that has a copy installed from either the beta or a friendís account could just jump on with their account and start playing for those 30 days.

I don't see a problem with that scenario as long as the account has paid game time and I feel like you fight gold farmers with a strong abuse department rather than with billing. If there's one thing I've learned with MMOs over the years its that the gold farmers will always find a way as long as the demand is there.

Ughh, Gold Farmers, those guys have been rampant on the chat channel the past week. I got a mod to ignore those asshats.

As for them finding a way, I think in a pay to paly game it can get very costly if those guys are buying multiple copies of the game. But then again, I think they just steal some dumbasses account because they go and buy gold and use the same exact credentials as their MMO account. Thatís how you get your account taken. Dumbshits!!

15. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 12:27 Darks

Verno wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:22:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:04:
You should never have to enter payment information initially. I am glad I did not purchase this game just because of that. I could care less that it is subscription, but telling me I can't play because I don't enter a credit card that is ludicrous.

Ideally the game should just come with a one time game code that gives you a month of use. Let's be honest though, companies just farm the wallets of the people who forget to unsub the second month. Doesn't solve the gold farmer problem but I think those kinds of issues should be dealt with separately.

I have to disagree with you there Verno, This is done for one reason. Itís to prevent anyone with a copy of the game to play it for free. Anyone that has a copy installed from either the beta or a friendís account could just jump on with their account and start playing for those 30 days.

They make you use a credit card but you are not charged for those 30 days. If someone forgets. Then that has to fall on the person forgetting. You canít blame a company for trying to protect their assets from the free loaders.

And yes, there are cd keys involved to. So In some ways I guess it could be done without making you put a card in first.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
11. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 11:09 Darks

Alamar, you might be interested in checking out Wykkyds mod for ESO. its a very nice UI mod and much more. It has a ton of features to turn on and off.

http://www.curse.com/teso-addons/teso/wykkyds-framework

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 11:00 Darks

KS wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 10:47:
Darks wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 10:32:
KS wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 10:28:
Well, bought it, hope springs eternal. Took all night to download via update/patcher. Lots of sliders in character creation, including vital hip, waist, butt, and boob sliders. Face sliders (jaw, cheek, mouth) barely do anything.

Started tut with my char, it freezes for 5s every minute or so. I'll play with settings I guess.

What I usually do to make a char is use the randomize button until I find the look that I like. After that I fine tune it from there.

Yep, were having lots of fun exploring the world. itís fun to find random mines and caves to wonder around in. If you are looking to get your lock picking skills up, find a river, they seem to like putting a lot of chest around rivers.

I know absolutely nothing about the game qua MMORPG. I am a sorcerer, can they lockpick or is it tied to the thief class?

Lock picking is not class specific. Anyone can find a chest and as long as you have lock picks you can open a chest.

It takes a little getting used to on how it works.

Once you start, hold down the mouse button over a tumble, once it starts to jiggle, let off it should lock down. Then move on to the next one. Keep repeating on all five tumblers. After each successful lock it slows down the timer. But you still have to be quick, especially when you are trying to lock pick the intermediate and higher chest.

Trust me, itís a little frustrating at first, but keep working at it, it really gets easy after the first 10 or so you find.

Hereís a tutorial on how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpODBt4b5ik

1777 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo