Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 1773 (Pro)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned
55. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 22, 2014, 08:25 Darks

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 02:59:
Darks, sent a request. Sorry, didn't see it, Maxx said something. So you are invited as friend and guild member.

Anyone wants to join, @xXBatmanXx

Thanks dude, I also have my own Ventrillo server if you guys want to use it. let me know.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

49. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 22, 2014, 00:41 Darks

NewMaxx wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 22:32:
It's a fun game, rest of you Blue's News people need to get in the guild if you haven't. If you need anything just hit me up...

Send me an invite to the Blues Guild. @darks or look up Tyrra

38. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 19:13 Darks

Creston wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 18:35:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 13:51:
Also I've never once fallen through the world/terrain.

So if it's never happened to you, it therefore never happens to anyone else?

Okay.

I've had that happen to me twice while I've played, and It only happened when I was doing a jumping move during my 40 levels. really add and probably a very tough bug to track down.

I accept it for what it is, a bug that will get fixed. I've seen some good ones over the years in other MMOs so this is no surprise.

29. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 16:33 Darks

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 16:31:
Fibrocyte wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 16:10:
Plus there's this for the technical folks out there.

I'm glad I didn't pre-order this game. Now I know not to play it. I'll wait for Wildstar.

I didn't pre-order anyway. Ended up liking it so much I went out of my way to find a CE.

Tried Wildstar this weekend with a key from Alienware. I can't believe people are so excited for this game. It's the same graphics as 10 year old World of Warcraft with the same combat. The introductory quests seem completely unfinished (where do I go next?) and BORING. I only played for a couple of hours, and I felt like I'd played this game before.

Yep, I felt the same way about that game from watching the game play videos. Many here are in for a rude awaking if they think Wildstar is the answer they are looking for.

25. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 16:08 Darks

Frijoles wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 15:54:
Darks wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 13:51:
Yes, there are issues, and those are all being addressed and will be fixed. MMO;s are something new to Zenimax and Bethesdaís so yes it will take a few months to iron all of those out. Just like every other MMO has done over the years.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/compilation-of-bugged-nightblade-abilities/

Nearly 100% of the Nightblade skills are broken/not working as the tool tip says. Vampire passives are completely broken. This isn't an "iron out the bugs" problem. This is a "fuck it, let's ship" problem. ESO is the worst launch I've seen in an MMO in years. How the HELL do you ship an MMO in this day and age without some basic protections in place against griefing? If you kick someone out of your group in an instance, they're free to stay in the instance and continue looting chests and getting you killed. How the.. why th.. are the Devs braindead? Have they never once played an MMO??

I know the answer. No, they haven't.

Okay, now I know you are full of shit, I play a NightBalde, Iím lv 40 and none, none of my skills are broken. What bullshit are you trying to sling dude? Because itís getting pretty deep in here.

And yes, I know about the grouping issue. Again, this is all on their list to fixes. So stop grouping with idiots and use your friends or guild to group with. Thatís what you should be doing anyway.

18. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 13:51 Darks

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 10:02:
I just gave up on this game, period. Between the constant chat and mail spam, the broken quests, falling through the world and generally lackluster world itself (how the fuck do you manage that with the Elder Scrolls universe??), I couldn't do it any more.

I have no idea what youíre talking about in terms of lack luster. I can post 150 screenshots that say otherwise. Thereís nothing lack luster about how the world looks. As for the game and its issues, tell me one MMO right now that ever started up without any issues?

Yes, there are issues, and those are all being addressed and will be fixed. MMO;s are something new to Zenimax and Bethesdaís so yes it will take a few months to iron all of those out. Just like every other MMO has done over the years.

Some of you all act like this is the first MMO thatís had issues, when in fact ESO has had one of the best launches of any MMO to date.

4. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 08:56 Darks

Yea, Bots are running rampant in the game now. There are literally 5 or 6 standing around each dungeon boss. I even saw on grouping in a zone running around just killing things. You can always tell the Bots by their names. Asdxdf or some weird names like that. I much have reported at least 40 by now.  

News Comments > Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures
18. Re: Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures Apr 19, 2014, 15:19 Darks

mlw wrote on Apr 19, 2014, 00:05:
JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 22:38:
1badmf wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 20:38:
is this game anything new from previous mmos? is the combat still ability spam/cooldown/autotarget?

Ability spam, well, it wouldn't be much of an RPG if you didn't have abilities to use. That being said, you do use your normal attacks quite often as well, it isn't nonstop ability spam. Cooldowns, not really, most skills you can use as often as you wish until you run out of mana/stamina. Autotarget, yes and no. You have to actually aim at your target, however your attacks do "zone in" on your target as long as you are pointing in their direction.

Combat is a little more involved than many MMO's, you can block attacks, interrupt attacks, and even dodge many of them. So yes, better than the average MMO of late.

In reference to the guild banks being taken down, they shouldn't even exist. The game desperately needs a global AH, it is incredibly difficult for the average person to sell their items without a lot of effort, you often see folk complaining about full inventories/banks.

Well said and true.

My family and I are having a huge amount of fun with this game! We plan to play for a long time. The naysayers, who judged this game on a few beginning levels are simply idiots.

My thoughts exactly, those who are complaining haven't played more then 10 levels into the game and haven't even seen most of what the game has to offer. I'm enjoying it a lot and will continue to play it for a long time.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Apr 18, 2014, 10:00 Darks

Jerykk wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 03:46:
The writer of the Wolfenstein preview must be the only person I've ever heard praise id Tech 5. The texture quality in RAGE was simply atrocious. Looked good from a distance but once you got up close, they looked like they were from the 90's. This was very noticeable in the game's many interiors.

I think you are confused, the texture quality was okay up close. It was far away that looked really bad and blurred. It also suffered from the popping issue from far off.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailer
5. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 11:10 Darks

I get what they are trying to do, but letís be realistic first of all. CRT was a way of life when those movies were made. No one had any clue or idea about flat panels or touch screens. This is the same thing that happened with Star Wars and the old Innovated technology when Lucas brought Star Wars up-to-date with the newer looking tech.

I personal feel these guys went in the wrong direction with this on the tech screens. This move takes place a few hundred years into the future. Just imagine what Tech will be like then.

It certainly isnít going to be some crappy ass CRT screens.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Apr 15, 2014, 16:27 Darks

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 16:17:
Darks wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 14:04:
Axis wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 13:04:
Shocked that PC gamer got the review pretty much right...

Axis, you wouldnít know right if left came up and smacked you in the head.

Iíll take Skewed and Revieweds review of the game over PC Gamers. The guy from PCG said he put in 30 hours, which is nothing. Maybe he got to level 16 at most. Anyone coming in and reviewing an MMO with only 30 hours is someone I will not listen to for one second. You canít even get a good feel for that game at that point.

Iím almost level 30 and I have not even seen a third of the world yet. So far, Iím really enjoying the game. Itís been nothing but fun and interesting exploring the world.

No he said it took him 26 hours to get from 1 to 20. Also stated that it's a rather stupid 'wait in line' to be a hero quest type system that most if not all MMO's got rid of over the last 10 years. There is no 'ohhh. ahhhh' moment like the previous Elder Scrolls game. He mentioned some good quest's but the rest are rather blah. And if I'm not mistaken the only way you can play 'any-race, any-class' is if ya pay extra for it. So much for the whole non-class system of the Elder Scrolls games right? He also mentions that landmark cities aren't all that different from other cities in the game as well.

Did you read the entire article, he gives it some praise, but there isn't enough to stand out or make it a good MMO.

Yea I read it; btw, the imperial edition you are referring to was the same price as the normal game on GMG and a few other sites. Those who missed out on that deal, well thatís a tough lose on their part.

IDK Half Elf, Iíve been very much enjoying the quest. I think that most people have played so many games over the years that they have become numb to anything new thatís out anymore. I think this is the bad thing about hard core gamers, they have gotten too complacent about games and truly donít enjoy games like they used to.

I canít say that a lot of the quests have done that for me, but I can say that while exploring, I have had that feeling many times just standing there overlooking the land scape and admiring the beauty of the game. This is part of what I like about MMOs and exploring new places. Some of the areas in this game are truly something to look at.

5. Re: Game Reviews Apr 15, 2014, 15:35 Darks

Cpmartins wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 14:59:
30 hours, and that is nothing? I'm sorry, but I'm from an "old" school of thought that, if your game does not endear me within 10 minutes, you are doing something wrong. Noticed how I said "endear" and not entertain. I wasn't entertained by civilization in the first 10 minutes, but I was captivated by the premisse. Similar things happen with almost great game. Fallout was quite unforgiving in the first 10 minutes, but damned if I wasn't enraptured by the setting and the freedom it so eagerly promised. System Shock 1 and 2 had me wondering right from the start: "What happened to this ship/station?". I played the beta of ESO, and it didn't do any of those things. But, like the article said, made it very clear this was going to be yet another very controlled questing and leveling progression MMO. And that is the crux. It's a "modern" MMO, with all that entails. There was no wonder, no promise of greatness.

Just imagine saying the same thing about a single player game. It would be madness wouldn't it? Had I played an SP game for 30 hours and reviewed it saying it's not a good game I'd be laughed out of the internets, with good reason.

Seriously, 30 hours in this MMO is nothing. You really have to play it and get out and explore the world. The questing in this MMO is far different from other MMO's Iíve played. They donít have you running around killing crap just for its fur or whatever. You actually have quest that are story driven. And quests are not always given. They want you to get out there and explore and find other quest, That is what the compass is for. Every dungeon you enter has some type of quest within it that you find a book or relic or item that has a tie to someone alive in the world.

The questingís main line story is just like any SP game. It has a meaning and you are progressing through the story going to new places trying to figure out whatís going on and whoís behind it. It all started with your death and when you are rescued and escape from the prison from the start. Once you get back to the real world you start discovering more about how you ended up there.

There are other NPC's that you have to go and rescue all a part of the story. None of you have even gotten very far into the game to even see this or experience it yet. So you guys really have no clue. Like I said, this MMO requires a lot of time and some effort to figure to everything. And itís not just about the game play either, itís the whole experience too, the different areas of the world you find and dungeons you discover are all part of the game that is pretty captivating. I just love the openness of the game and seeing all the areas and how they look. That to me is pretty awesome. Thereís nothing different in this respect then it was in Skyrim when you went in and just was in awe of the scenery.

And by the way, the final game is better and a lot more polished them it was in the Beta. Many things have changed and have been redone in a better way. So, unless you have put in some time, I Guess you all will never know.

And BTW Axis, the beginning of this game is not the been there and done that before. And I will argue that until the end of time. Iíve played just about every MMO thatís come along, and none of them are as good as this one.

2. Re: Game Reviews Apr 15, 2014, 14:04 Darks

Axis wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 13:04:
Shocked that PC gamer got the review pretty much right...

Axis, you wouldnít know right if left came up and smacked you in the head.

Iíll take Skewed and Revieweds review of the game over PC Gamers. The guy from PCG said he put in 30 hours, which is nothing. Maybe he got to level 16 at most. Anyone coming in and reviewing an MMO with only 30 hours is someone I will not listen to for one second. You canít even get a good feel for that game at that point.

Iím almost level 30 and I have not even seen a third of the world yet. So far, Iím really enjoying the game. Itís been nothing but fun and interesting exploring the world.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2014, 14:11.

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
50. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 12:52 Darks

{PH}88fingers wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 12:36:
not "almost" 200 but well over 200.

From the February report they had 212 and then the March report shows they hired many more in all the studios.

Okay, and thats a lot of overhead to be paying out too. 43 Million wont last long with a staff of that size.

47. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 12:32 Darks

They literally have almost 200 people working on this game. If they donít have something to show and play by the end of the year and the alpha ready like they are saying. Thereís going to be a lot of hell raising going on for sure.  

27. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 11:33 Darks

Verno wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 11:20:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 11:13:
I hope I'm wrong but I can't in good conscience put any more money toward a backing pledge, especially given how little we've seen that 42 million generate.

It takes a lot of time to create games, especially one on the scope of this. You can throw 200 million dollars at it and they still couldn't make it appear in a year. What they've done so far is pretty impressive in my opinion, I don't see any reason for concern so far.

Iím not concerned about the game coming out, Iím pretty sure once it does it will be pretty good.

I tossed in 60 during Kickstarter. Not one penny since.

My issues are with the thrown in Towel and Fish tank items. I do not care for crap thatís sits in a hanger and does nothing for me. I want real items in the game that benefit me or my ships load outs and such. Not this dreary crap they are tossing in and saying thank you for supporting us hereís your cookie.

11. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 10:22 Darks

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 09:58:
"42M ..... a towel for your hangar"
Sweet

Yea, thatís what really bothers me about all of this. At least if you are going to give people something, make it something I can at least use. Why should I or even care about a fricking towel or a fish tank in my hanger? Really Chris? Can we all say, heís a cheap bastard?

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2014, 09:50 Darks

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 09:38:
Thanks Darks
Someone already used those codes I guess.
Thanks for sharing anyways

And they didnt even say thank you, At least guys if you take the codes please let everyone know what code you took. I guess Ill just have people next time msg me for what code they want.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2014, 08:57 Darks

Okay guys more free Steam Keys.

If you all know a better way for me to give them away, let me know.

So here they are.

Jagged Alliance Collection | Steam Key: ITPE2-M0KVN-24MK0

Tropico 3 Gold | Steam Key: YXDNQ-ND392-FM9LK

Alien Spidy | Steam Key: DFM4P-9KRG8-PQE26

Sine Mora | Steam Key: XHFRY-QLIBH-E66PP

SkyDrift | Steam Key: 3ZR8Q-EPCMQ-JEWPE

Disciples III: Resurrection | Steam Key: MQII6-V20ZP-EG5D0

Dollar Dash | Steam Key: ZW4DF-5I9AI-TGAFZ

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered CE Includes Light-up Ship
26. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 15, 2014, 08:28 Darks

Beamer wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 10:29:
Darks wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 10:03:
TangledThorns wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 17:49:
Looks like my wife's vibrator.

I guess you failed your wife if she needs one of those.

really?
is this an opinion people that have actually dated women and have a healthy opinion on sexuality have?

No, thatís a fact. I have never, ever had a woman who needed one and felt she needed to be pleased with one. Wife included. If you have a woman who needs to be pleased with one, then you are doing something wrong.

1773 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo