Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick Francis

Real Name Rick Francis   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Darks
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Homepage http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Signed On Apr 1, 2004, 16:54
Total Comments 1880 (Pro)
User ID 20498

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > WildStar Update Plans
4. Re: WildStar Update Plans Dec 17, 2014, 16:48 Darks

Angrius Maximis wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 15:43:
Money talks..didnt take em long to cave

I knew it was only a matter of time until these asshats caved in. They made the game to unreachable to many players and they got sick of it and left.

Blizzard kind of did this to WOW in its early years which is why they caved in and dumbed down the game.

These guys didn't pay very close attention when they worked at Blizzard and they didn't learn from the mistakes over there. probably to little to late now. most likely this game will be done in a year. that's if they don't try and take a crack at F2P. And that may not even save them.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen 2 Plans Revealed
1. Re: Lords of the Fallen 2 Plans Revealed Dec 17, 2014, 10:29 Darks

I think they wont be as successful then next time around. they really burned a lot of people with that Draconian DRM they are using.

I really doubt many are going to jump all over this one.

News Comments > Ciri Confirmed for The Witcher 3
8. Re: Ciri Confirmed for The Witcher 3 Dec 16, 2014, 12:30 Darks

Krovven wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 11:28:
Darks wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:18:
Task wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 09:57:
One of the few games I genuinely felt like pre-ordering ;). Can't wait until the CE adorns my game shelf.

Curious how you plan to do that when the game is digital? And no, we are not talking about lame console versions.

I also think since they are adding this character, they should make this a 2 players Coop game. Now that would be killer.

Having a dumb day Darks? He said CE edition...as in the boxed Collector's Edition.

Yea, I guess I am. missed that part.

Thanks,

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
38. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 12:28 Darks

Flatline wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 11:34:
Darks wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:36:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:26:
InBlack wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:12:
Is there any way to enable the mouse in the cocpit menus? I was struggling to bind keys from my joystick, the whole binding system is a horrible mess.

My first mission will be "Find your pre-order Eagle". Apparently its an agile and very lightly armoured fighter, thats music to my ears. So its just like a tie fighter, basically a flying space lazer! PEW PEW!
That's why you need a TrackIR or a Rift. I just look at the menus and they open up then use the buttons on my joystick to navigate them.
There are keys to bind each of the 3 panels if you look under options. There are at least 200 gazillion key binding options from menu navigation to flight controls targeting and all the different functions of your ship like silent running lights cargo door etc etc.

This I what concerns me about this game. they have gone ape shit overboard making the game way to complicated with controls and to the point of almost forcing you to have a complicated setup to play the game.

This is why I am passing on this game. I am hoping Star Citizen is not going to be the same mess. I don't want to wade thought a ton of keyboard options just to paly a flight sim, I want to enjoy it for what it really is and not have to feel like im in some real world BS. I get a feeling this was done to appease the hard Core players.

Bullshit.

I have a keyboard and an ancient joystick and I'm doing fine. Stick for roll/pitch/pew pew pew, keyboard for thrust vectors. WSAD for accellerate, pitch left/right, QE for strafe left right, FR for up down. X is bound to automatic 50% thrust so that I can turn off flight assist and instantly get back to maneuvering speed.

That's 90% of my controls. If I want to hit a menu 1-4 are at my left hand, and that's the menus, and you use WSAD to navigate the menus and QE to navigate the pages.

There's like 3 other keys you use frequently: deploy hardpoints (to reign them back in), jump drive, and landing gear. I have target acquisition and flight assist bound to the joystick so no bigs there.

The only difficulty I'm having is that energy redistribution is defaulted to the arrow keys, and I have to let go of the strafe keys to adjust power, but that's only a minor setback.

That's like what, 12 keys total?

Did you even bother to read all of the responses to this thread before you decided to start spouting shit out of your mouth?

Get a clue!

16. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 10:50 Darks

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:39:
Darks wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:36:
Is there any way to enable the mouse in the cocpit menus? I was struggling to bind keys from my joystick, the whole binding system is a horrible mess.

My first mission will be "Find your pre-order Eagle". Apparently its an agile and very lightly armoured fighter, thats music to my ears. So its just like a tie fighter, basically a flying space lazer! PEW PEW!
That's why you need a TrackIR or a Rift. I just look at the menus and they open up then use the buttons on my joystick to navigate them.
There are keys to bind each of the 3 panels if you look under options. There are at least 200 gazillion key binding options from menu navigation to flight controls targeting and all the different functions of your ship like silent running lights cargo door etc etc.

This I what concerns me about this game. they have gone ape shit overboard making the game way to complicated with controls and to the point of almost forcing you to have a complicated setup to play the game.

This is why I am passing on this game. I am hoping Star Citizen is not going to be the same mess. I don't want to wade thought a ton of keyboard options just to paly a flight sim, I want to enjoy it for what it really is and not have to feel like im in some real world BS. I get a feeling this was done to appease the hard Core players.
Have you played the original game, or any of the previous ones?
You don't need a complicated setup but the option is there if you'd like to control everything.
You can use an xbox controller or a mouse and keyboard to do just about everything.
By the sound of it this game doesn't appeal to you the begin with anyways.
It is nothing like SC

No, the game defiantly appeals to me, and I love open world Space Sims. But from reading what others were saying I was getting concerned about the controls and needing a complicated setup just to play it.

Glad to hear that you can use only the M&K setup.

I really don't have the time to get involved in this game anyway. I've still got 5 or 6 gamers that I'm working on currently and more are coming.

So, I'm going to hold off and wait on Star Citizen. I know that game is still a year or more away. but I'm content to wait.

12. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 10:36 Darks

10. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 10:30 Darks

Just curious IB since you have had this game for a while why that particular issue was not brought up during beta?

Seems like this is a major issue that should have been addressed long ago.

News Comments > Ciri Confirmed for The Witcher 3
4. Re: Ciri Confirmed for The Witcher 3 Dec 16, 2014, 10:18 Darks

Task wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 09:57:
One of the few games I genuinely felt like pre-ordering ;). Can't wait until the CE adorns my game shelf.

Curious how you plan to do that when the game is digital? And no, we are not talking about lame console versions.

I also think since they are adding this character, they should make this a 2 players Coop game. Now that would be killer.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 4 "on Hold"
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 4 Dec 16, 2014, 09:55 Darks

nin wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 20:42:
Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us

Oh, cmon guys...if it was that important, the game would have been released next April.

LOL, this post made my day. thanks nin. so very true!

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
17. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 11:17 Darks

Wildone wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 11:00:
I remember when there was a new windows ever 3-5 years..now its every 6 months?!? Who the fuck updates so frequently. Im on 7 and quite happy

Microsoft seems to think everyone wants to jump on to a new OS just because it looks fancy and new. sorry, but we don't. I personally can not stand the new tiled look and the gawd awful looking colors that are pale and paisley blended.

The other side of this is companies are not going to jump on board with upgrading their entire company wit ha new OS when the current one works just fine. Developers hate having to go in and make their software compatible with never Operating systems., its a nightmare.

Ill be sticking with Win 7, it works great and does everything I need it too. and It has a much better look and feel then these newer shit looking OS's

News Comments > Sullied Areal Returns as STALKER Apocalypse
5. Re: Sullied Areal Returns as STALKER Apocalypse Dec 12, 2014, 10:53 Darks

nin wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 09:29:
Hey, those assholes are back! (Fuck them!)

My sentiments exactly, I wouldn't give these shit-heals two nicks to rub together.

There is absolutely no trust in these ass-hats anymore.

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
6. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 10:24 Darks

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 10:09:
Lmao.. and why should I buy the game now then? Fuck these devs

Exactly, These guys have dug the hold wide and deep. Glad im really not into space games that much anymore. Ill just keep waiting on Stat Citizen.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
5. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again Dec 8, 2014, 20:40 Darks

Taking a guess at this, but I get the feeling they are delaying because they saw DAI and saw some things that peeked their interest and feel that now they need to make some changes to make their game better.  

News Comments > Into the Black
32. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2014, 10:21 Darks

nin wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 22:42:
Task wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 22:30:
From the trailer it seems like whoever wrote this story wanted a Terminator movie with a "happy lollipop" ending instead of the inevitability/bleakness of Judgement Day happening regardless.

Supposed to be a trilogy, if you can believe that. Obviously, if the first one tanks...

Curious why the 800 is shown with the classic buzzcut early on, but with longer white hair at the end of the trailer...

Arnold answered that question a few months back when he was asked. I believe he said it has something to do with this terminator being able to age to fit in better. Which makes sense if you think about it and how Skynet keeps changing the Terminators to fit in and infiltrate.

In that Scene where he said I've been waiting for you was him meeting his former Terminator self that came back in the first movie. I think it was a pretty kewl scene. I don't think the movie will bomb, I love SCIFI and the Terminator movie in general so this one is on my list to see.

BTW guys, it just entertainment, some of you I think are going a little over the deep end over a movie.

News Comments > Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed
24. Re: Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed Dec 5, 2014, 00:01 Darks

Take that Console! Lets see if you can match those requirements...  

News Comments > Game Reviews
38. Re: Game Reviews Dec 4, 2014, 18:50 Darks

Actually Creston, I recall in one of those game play videos the developers did that specifically said you could delete the population of animals. but I have no idea how may they have set for the triggers to stop re-spawning after you killed off a large number. I haven't put that to the test but I know they did say it was possible to deplete an area.

Now, this may be set from the level of difficulty the game is set at too.

33. Re: Game Reviews Dec 4, 2014, 12:07 Darks

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 11:49:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 09:01:
First, thanks to all of you who pointed me in the right direction to getting out of the Hinterlands. I made it to Fallow Mire last night and that was a far more interesting locale. I picked up a nifty axe and a new friend and the veillight beacon puzzle was pretty interesting.

What is NOT happening in DA:I is that you fight a group of guys, and then randomly 10 more of them just spawn all around you, which is what made DA2 such a horrible piece of shit where combat was concerned. You may have the occasional spawn happen too close to you, but there are no waves of reinforcements.

Well, I can say that the only time I have seen waves come in are those from the Rifts that spawn the demons, but that's about it. And yea, I have seen things or groups re-spawn in that you killed off earlier. Not sure why Bioware elected to do some of that stuff. It would seem that if you cleared an area of Templars that you would only run into the occasional random patrols at times.

As for the wildlife, yes those do re-spawn quiet often, that not a bad thing seeing how the crafting requires certain materials that are needed from those critters.

BTW, has anyone else been crafting items? I really like how this works in the game. its been a really nice surprise to make something that actually is an upgrade.

Over all, still loving the game. I just love all the exploring you can do.

News Comments > Space Hulk Ascension: Imperial Fists Expansion This Month
1. Re: Space Hulk Ascension: Imperial Fists Expansion This Month Dec 4, 2014, 10:13 Darks

Bought the first one they came out with, but the game feels to clunky and I really got tired of the weapons jamming. The other thing that bothers me about this game was a Genstealers would be right up in front of you and you would still miss them.

So much for Elite Terminators doing their job.

That got a bit tiresome and frustrating.

I think Ill wait until this one goes on sale with all of the DLC in one nice neat package.

30. Re: Game Reviews Dec 4, 2014, 10:00 Darks

Sorry IB, but those guys who are streaming the game may not even have the game on Ultra. maybe they do. but again, you cant just say the game looks worst then Skyrim, because it doesn't. I've played about 30 hours in now. and I am just amazed at all of the areas you go to and how they look and feel.

Like Verno said, if the game is not for you then that's your call. but you really should pick the game up at some point when it goes on sale and check it out for our self. Bioware really did a nice job on this game. Its not perfect, but its still a really good game and looks great.

BTW, I do have the ENB mod, and yes it makes Skyrim look much better. but it still does not stack up against this game. Again, Videos plays do not do this game any justice.

26. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Dec 4, 2014, 09:13 Darks

InBlack wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 03:04:
Ok I gotta say a few things about DA:I after I watched a few lets play videos of the game yesterday.

The game is way overrated. The graphics are waaaaayy overated. Skyrim still looks better with HD mods. Much better. In fact while watching it all I wanted to do was reinstall Skyrim and give it another spin. The action is urgh! No one used the tactical screen for one single second and it didnt seem necessary. The quests and dialogue uuuuugh! What gives?

Then I clicked on a link on youtube and I watched a video of someone playing a preview build of the Witcher3 for half an hour. Holy fuck shit! This is coming from someone who never really liked the Witcher: That game will just be pure awesomeness, just from that one video Im itching to preorder the game, and I NEVER EVER preorder games.

Sorry Black, but for someone who has not even loaded the game up and played one second of it. I'm going to tell you now that you are full of shit about the graphics in DAI. They are better then Skyrim with mods.

How can you even make a comment about the game when you haven't even played it? Looking at YouTube Videos is NOT an accurate way to gage this game when it comes to the graphics. I've seen some play throughs and those do not do the graphics any justice at all. You have to be in the game to really fully appreciate the beauty of this games graphics.

1880 Comments. 94 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo