Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zenneth

Real Name Zenneth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname zen
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 23, 2004, 21:09
Total Comments 77 (Suspect)
User ID 20431

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Army Threatens Punks
76. heh Jan 13, 2005, 11:15 zen

If you think that these people DYING all over the globe aren't dying for you, you're stupid. Just because Bush sends them off to die does not mean they're dying for no reason. They're fighting for others to have the chance to live a life without wholesale slaughter, which is what they had under the rule of Saddam. I seriously doubt any US administration would be as horrific in a ruling power as the Hussein family, and if you want to think otherwise, that's ok, because this is America. Where you're allowed to express your views without worrying about someone coming to your house and kicking in your door and killing your entire family. If you want to insult me for what I say, then you are immature and not worthy of reading what I post, anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

75. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2005, 11:05 zen

Everyone, meet the dickhead (above)who posted the threats, dickhead, meet everyone.
Btw, being an army medic in the AA game doesn't count *laff*
You're a joke, "zen". ('zen' *laff* absolutely NOT)

Well you certainly put us in OUR place, I'm really shakin' in my boots now.
What're you gonna do about MY reaction BOY?
Yea thought so, idiot. *laff*

fuck off

Well, you certainly put me in my place. Since I've been OUT of the Army since 1990, I doubt you calling me "BOY" means jack or shit.

Did I threaten or attack you? All I did was tell you people to stop the idiocy that seems to abound anytime someone slips up even a minute amount.

And if I'm a joke, what the fuck are you? Yes, you. With your insults and personal attacks. You're the joke. Now, fuck off.

67. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2005, 09:36 zen

To all of you people posting nonsense about the dev's post:

grow up.

If all you can do is belittle someone because they made a post in frustration, you need to get a life. Who cares whether he said the Secret Service will get involved? If it makes one cheater think twice, then the post was just and worthwhile. The US Government spent several million dollars developing America's Army, and if you think they won't take action against people who go out of their way to destroy their work, you're wrong. We invaded Iraq on the PRETENSE that they had WMDs. We removed a horrible dictator from power, and now we're fighting a losing battle to re-establish their countries footing. If you people want to laugh, make jokes or think the recruiting tool is in poor taste, fine and dandy. Just realise that you're making the issue worse and not better. Don't pretend your comments have no effect and are ignored. They aren't.

To the person who called Hiroshima/Nagasaki a "war crime":
what was Pearl Harbor?

As a former US Army combat medic, I find it unbelievable that you people are so quick to trash the US military, even those working for The Man to create a "brainwashing" machine. These people defend your right to speak out and be heard. Don't make the mistake of thinking you're infallible, and every action you take has a reaction.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
6. Re: I liked it Jan 11, 2005, 12:24 zen

Matt Hooper died in the book, but lived to the ending credits in the movie, next to Martin Brody on the makeshift raft. Sorry for the Jaws trivia answer to the question no one asked.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
50. Re: Meh Jan 7, 2005, 15:43 zen

You obviously don't play many DX9 games
Yeah. Far Cry, Doom3, HL2, City of Heroes, World of Warcraft... none of those are DX9 games

At the time I made my post you commented only about the Ti4200, which SUCKS with DX9. You didn't recommend he upgrade his video card, at all. I'm glad you know where the edit button is, though.

39. Re: Meh Jan 7, 2005, 13:57 zen

What's the opinion on the best video card to get around the $100 - $150 range? I have an aging TI4200 and want an interim upgrade before I completely revamp this summer to PCI-E.
Nothing. There's no card you can buy in that price range that is significantly better than a 4200. Particularly if you're only looking to get 6 months out of it. Save the money and put it toward the upgrade, or retirement, or something else.

Yes, you could upgrade, but it'd be pretty minimal. Just not worth it.

You obviously don't play many DX9 games, as the 9800 Pro is probably 200-250% faster than the 4200, and can be had for $200. It's also 40-50% faster in DX8 games. I made the jump from a Ti4200 128mb to a 9800 Pro 128mb, and I couldn't have been happier. I've since used the same model card to help further other gamers joy and fulfillment.

38. Re: Recommendation Jan 7, 2005, 13:52 zen

AMD XP 2400+ upgrade to a AMD XP 3200+
Radeon 9000 (non pro) to a Radeon 9600 Pro (or better... I have $200 to spend)
512M PC2100 RAM (2 sticks of 256M) - 1G PC3200 RAM (2 Sticks of 512M)

Also is it better to get a 256M 9600 Pro or a 128M 9700 Pro? 8 pipes vs 4 with more memory?

I would purchase an XP 2500+ if you're interested in 3200+, as every 2500+ I've encountered easily overclocks to 2.2ghz provided you have the appropriate memory(DDR400).

Speaking of memory, I would go with a matched pair of 512mb, as you suggest, but make certain they're capable of Dual Channel access, as your motherboard is significantly faster with this enabled. I recommend GEIL for their value vs performance. I have dual 512mb and I have it 7-3-3, very nice timing for a $180 investment.

As far as your video is concerned, if you have $200 to spend, it would be best spent with the purchase of a 128mb 9800 Pro. I'll recommend Sapphire, provided you don't intend to overclock it with the stock cooling. You can pick up a 256mb version for $250, but it's entirely up to your preference and funding.

Hope this helps.

Zen

19. Re: Wood Heat Dec 15, 2004, 12:12 zen

Same here. I just hate having to restock the wood every few days.

Also, that moron with one arm probably went back to work at the same job.

News Comments > On the DOOM Movie
62. Re: How Can Dec 14, 2004, 15:57 zen

"Wing Commander, Resident Evil and the Tomb Raider movies all fall into this bucket (as do Death Race 2000, Starship Troopers and a number of similar "B" movies)"

Umn... Starship troopers was a book written by Robert Heinlein in 1959.

...and Death Race 2000 was made quite a few years before the game... even though it sucks, regardless.

News Comments > Rainbow Six 4 Announced
41. Re: Play as Ding OR Dieter? Nov 30, 2004, 22:51 zen

I didn't mean that we needed more of the "Sum" John Clark, just more John Clark. The dude's the closest thing to James Bond the US has, and then some.

News Comments > Rainbow Six 4 Announced
15. Re: Play as Ding OR Dieter? Nov 30, 2004, 14:54 zen

Oh, you mean how they changed the storyline from following Ding and Mr. Clark around to a purely Harrison-driven film?

Suckiness indeed.

edit:

Oh, the one saving grace from "Sum" was Liev Shreiber or whatever his name is... John Clark is just *the* badass. All I can say is that if they make a movie about John, Domingo, and the rest, they'd better do some halfway decent casting and Tom himself had better be there as script analyst... or it'll have it's share of suckiness. Dafoe is definitely not John Clark.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 14:57.

News Comments > America's Army Patch
5. Re: Gamespot DLX link but not Fileplanet Nov 19, 2004, 18:59 zen

This game is still around?

Absolutely... and it keeps getting better.

5. Re: Phobos Nov 12, 2004, 10:18 zen

indiv, good one.

That badger shit is getting on my last nerve.

13. Re: Heat sink goop Oct 29, 2004, 10:41 zen

If it's stuck on there use a razor blade ....

Do not use a razor blade to remove gunk from your heatsink. You can very easily scratch the surface of the contact area with a razor blade, or any other hard metal object. Use a clean, lint-free cloth and some elbow grease. When you've got it nearly clean, add a little alcohol or acetone, and finish off by cleaning with a lens cloth or coffee filter.

3. Re: Image of the Day Sep 29, 2004, 08:11 zen

If Bush gets relected we'll probably be in more dire straits than anything Kerry could bring upon us. Kerry is definitely the lesser of two evils.

That 7-letter kit is a great auction. Hilarious...

33. Re: Powerpoint Breakup Sep 24, 2004, 14:26 zen

Unfortunately, all I was able to see was the godforsaken goatse pic... what was originally there in its place?

9. arrr Sep 19, 2004, 13:32 zen

Is it already time for Talk Like A Pirate Day?

News Comments > Quake IV Details Soon
2. Re: Q4 Sep 8, 2004, 23:40 zen

I'd put a lot of money on the former.

69. bacon tastes goood Sep 1, 2004, 21:15 zen

That was such a classic scene. Thanks for reminding me, Blue...

Z

84. Re: Big Ass Fans Aug 26, 2004, 11:37 zen

Kerry who?

You don't think Bush is the answer, do you?

Z

77 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo